Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD

37 Reviews
Dr. Zaidi

Southwest Brain and Spine Inc

800 W Arbrook Blvd Ste 100 Arlington, TX 76015

Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Arlington, TX and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Nishtar Med Coll in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Zaidi accepts

Dr. Zaidi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Zaidi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Zaidi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

2.6

Dr. Zaidi?
Dr. Zaidi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD
My teen, an established patient for almost a year, recently saw Dr. Zaidi because her bipolar medicine (the only one he has tried) was not working as expected all of a sudden. Instead of addressing or even listening to the issue he told her he only had 10 minutes, did not have time to discuss treatment options, gave her a prescription for 30 more days and suggested she see another doctor. She left the office in tears and what was a concern in her mental health care became a crisis due to his callous treatment of a vulnerable individual seeking help. If a psychiatrist is not willing or able to devote more than 10 minutes with a patient or even worse, sends a patient out with even more of the drug they are having an issue with it is time to move on. I sincerely wish I could give less than 1 star. 10 minutes with this man has undone months of progress in talk therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
Dr. Zaidi took me out of a very dark place, and immediately addressed my concerns and mental well-being, which was unraveling, rapidly. Dr. Zaidi made me feel comfortable and I certainly thought he was capable and attentive. He uses a laptop, and I still felt heard. Would recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
Dr. Zaidi is excellent. I have been under his care now for several years. He is very attentive and takes the time to understand his patients and learn about their home life, medical history, goals and challenges to best determine his patient’s needs and devise a corresponding treatment plan. He also has an excellent NP on staff, Naiga Dohnji, who provides the same exceptional level of care. Both Dr. Zaidi and NP Dohnji are very professional yet compassionate and it is apparent in their treatment of patients. I rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes past my appointment time. Highly recommended Dr. Zaidi and NP!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
Horrible doctor, all about that money. Tries to get patients in and out as fast as possible. Does not care at all about patient suggestion, cuts patients off when speaking, etc. If you want actual help do not see this joke for a psychiatrist. Makes no attempt to describe medical conditions or answer patient’s questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
TOTALL SCAM ARTIST! I made an appt for ADD diagnosis, and was very clear on that point when I called in. I was kept waiting for an hour. During the whopping 10 mins in his tiny office he fired off questions quickly, clearly only looking for yes or no answers, and typing furiously. After which he told me to see a neuropsychologist because he doesn't diagnose ADD, or he could prescribe an antidepressant! When asked why his office made my appt for ADD diagnosis he said he didn't know. RACKET!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
Dr Zaidi is the biggest medical quack of any physician that I've ever encountered! The entire time (five minutes) that I would spend with him , he kept his attention typing away into his laptop. He would never listen to my concerns , instead lecturing me on concerns regarding addictive medicine behavior. I only went to him after my long term relationship with my previous psychiatrist abruptly ended because of his untimely death. The waiting room filthy, wait time unacceptable. A PILL MILL !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
I went here for medication management which was fine, until I mention negative side-effects on a medication and it was suggested that the dosage should just be increased. I chose to seek a different opinion at that point. I apparently had an outstanding balance (which I was never informed about). I had to find out about this bill, I would've gladly paid, when it was reported to my credit (as they sent it to a debt collection agency without even calling me). Not good at communication, this place.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
I love Dr Wasiq Zaidi. He has, very patiently and with much care, found the combination of meds that works for me. He listens to my concerns and incorporates my input into the treatment process. Once my meds were balanced, the frequency of my visits were reduced to every 3 months. He was highly recommended and rightly so. I just cannot imagine where any complaints from patients would come from. Maybe they have the wrong doctor? Afterall, one person is from Massachusetts!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
Dr. W. Zaidi is one of the few doctors that treat the problem instead of covering it up with medication. He is very well respected by his patients and comes highly recommended. I enjoy talking to someone that goes out of their way to understand the problem and comes up with real-world solutions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?
I was referred to this Doctor only to get on a low dose depression medicine. I have my own therapist that I love but she does not write prescription. Saw Dr. Zaidi for a whole maybe 5 minutes and was giving the prescription I needed. When I tried to renew it they said that basically I had to be seen be Dr. Zaidi every month for the prescription to be renewed. The office answer to this problem was quite seeing the therapist that I love and see Dr. Zaidi instead. Would never recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wasiq Zaidi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zaidi?

• Psychiatry