Dr. Wasim A. Haque, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 48 years old

North Texas Diabetes & Endocrinology
4101 Kirkpatrick Ln
Flower Mound, TX 75028 Get Directions

Dr. Haque specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Flower Mound, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Haque? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Haque's Experience

See how Dr. Haque's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haque

Dr. Haque accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Haque has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Haque
Dr. Haque's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (115)
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Haque was recommended by colleagues and family. His staff is knowledgeable and he takes the time to listen.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Dr. Haque has been treating me for many years. He is very knowledgeable and a great doctor. I truly appreciate all of his help and guidance with my help throughout the many years I have had him as a doctor.
in Argyle, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Haque. I have hypo pituitary disease. Due to my pituitary disorder I have secondary Addison's disease and I am hypo thyroid. Dr. Haque has done a fantastic job at getter me on the right medication and the right doses I need. Not only is he very smart he cares. He always answers any questions I have. He has even called me himself to see how I am doing. Before seeing Dr. Haque I never had a doctor call me personally. To me that shows how much he cares.
Concerned Appointment times honored Staff - cordial & friendly
in Lewisville, TX |
My experience with Dr. Haque has been nothing short of exceptional. He is meticulous in researching, diagnosing and treating the various conditions I have presented him with thus far. He is patient, gentle and genuinely cares about his patients. Dr. Haque personally calls me, monitors me closely when I am hospitalized, and keeps me informed at all times. His PA & office staff are always professional and courteous. I trust him implicitly. He is an extraordinary physician.
in The Colony, TX |
I have been a patient now for 2 years. When I started, my A1C was over 13. We now have it down to 7.5 and working to continue to go lower. He is helping me with my insulin resistance as well as other medical issues. If you feel your blood sugar is not where it should be, I definitely recommend you make an appointment and see him. He will work with you to meet your goals as long as you are honest and up-front with him. I trust him which is the highest praise I can give. - Ken
in Flower Mound, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Haque! He is kind, thorough in investigation of illness, and truly knows what it will take to make his patients well. He has been a blessing in our lives.
in Flower Mound, TX |
I have a thyroid condition that has been unidentified for over ten years. After seeing three specialist I found Dr. Haque. He identified my condition and has been treating it for over a year. I feel better then I have felt in years. I am so thankful for the quality of life he has given back to me.
in Mabank, TX |
When I first came to Dr. Haque about 14 years ago, I was in a bad way. My lab reports were horrible. My creatinine levels were rising and I was seeing a nephrologist for early kidney failure. Dr. Haque reviewed my situation and analyzed my medications. He made some changes to the medications and on my next lab report all of my numbers, including creatinine levels were in the normal range. No more kidney issues! We now live about 90 miles away, but I still drive to Flower Mound to see Dr. Haque.
in lewisville, tx |
Have been seeing Dr. Haque since 2009. I have found him to be extremely knowledgeable, and works to help me keep my diabetes under control. His office staff is friendly and cooperative. I have found there to be very few waits. I would definitely recommend Dr.Haque. I feel comfortable discussing any health issues with him.
in Argyle, TX |
I have worked professionally with Dr. Haque for almost 20 years and have witnessed the expert care he provides his patients. He is now my physician of choice because I trust him to provide the highest level of care for me.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr. Haque was not only very knowledgeable about my condition but was thorough about my entire health history. He took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. I will continue my care with Dr. Haque I believe he's the best endocrinologist in the area.
in Keller, TX |
Dr Haque truly takes the time to understand my individual situation and explains treatment options. I switched from an Endocrinologist in Colleyville that I was not very comfortable with and I'm so very glad that I did.
in Lewisville, TX |
D Magazine Best Doctor. Knowledgeable and highly skilled. He took proactive approach to my diabetes treatment. His team (Tera and the dietitian) is very efficient and worked hard to tailor their treatment to my needs and my travel. Professional staff and great care. Came highly recommended and I can understand why.
in Plano, TX |
My experience with Dr. Haque and his PA has been excellent. They are a phenomenal team. Honest and straightforward but patient. Dr. Haque guided me through menopause symptoms and correctly pointed out problems with false claims about hormone pellets or so called natural hormones. My friend spent hundreds of dollars and eventually developed blood clots from these supposedly safe hormones. His front desk needs to be more welcoming. Their MAs, Janet and Jessica are very helpful.
in Flower Mound, TX |
After receiving various and confusing direction regarding my osteoporosis from my family doctor, gynecologist and an oncologist, I had to find a doctor that was a specialist and could put it all together.  Dr. Haque was recommended to me and I finally felt like I was in good hands.  He was able to explain how my past treatments worked and what should be done (or not done) next.  Not only for the osteoporosis, but also for my thyroid and sugar levels.  Very happy with Dr. Haque and his staff.
My husband and I are very pleased with Dr Haque and his staff. Their service is great. He saved my life when I developed heart problems from a so called holistic doctor who treated me with Naturethroid and adrenal extract for a condition I did not have. Like my gynecologist said, trust experts like Dr. Haque. You will get the right care and the correct explanation.
Elk Grove Village, IL |
I have a complicated pituitary problem and my primary care doctor highly recommended Dr Haque. Dr. Haque meticulously worked on my medications and after a longtime I have felt near normal. His staff is professional and I get courteous treatment every time. Dr. Haque personally calls me when there are important results (very few doctors do that). He is serious but gentle. I don't know if some patients take it the wrong way. For endocrine problems, he is simply great.
Irving, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Haque to anyone. He really seems to be looking out for me and not just taking another patient.
in The Colony, TX |
Having been a patient for 6 years I have had excellent interaction with Dr. Haque and his organization. He has been extremely though and meticulous in diagnosing and monitoring corrective actions. He also goes beyond just the main issue making sure other potential areas of issue are addressed.
in Argyle, TX |
Dr. Haque is very thorough and knowledgeable. He always addresses my concerns and helps me arrive at a workable solution for my life. I was referred to him by my gynecologist to monitor my bone density and lack of calcium absorption. The results prove he knows what he is doing. My dexa scans have improved and I now retain the necessary calcium. My gynecologist said to continue whatever Dr. Haque has me doing because it is working! I couldn't be more pleased.
in Lewisville, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Haque. I have seen him for several years now for treatment of diabetes. He is very caring, helpful with education about treatment, meds and encouragement for change in living with this disease. He takes time at each visit or phone call. He has gone to great lengths for pre-certs. His staff is caring and helpful. I am willing to pay cash to see Dr. Haque as my physician, whether he is on my insurance or not. I have referred him to many others. Great Doctor!
in Argyle, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Haque for almost 4 yrs now. After being diagnosed with thyroid cancer and having surgery for removal; Dr. Haque has been treating me ever since. I have never had any problems with him or his staff, he always listens and takes the time to explain things when I have questions. I would definitely recommend him.
in denton, tx |
I have been Dr. Haque's patient for over 4 years and in that time he has been diligent in helping me understand my disease process. We have gone through a variety of treatments but seem to have finally gotten it right. i appreciate Dr. Haque's level of concern and flexibility in handling my illness.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr. Haque has shown great concern for my health before and after the complete removal of my thyroid and continues to be vigilant in followup monitoring. He shows genuine interest in his patients, never seems rushed during office visits, and even has personally called to explain test results or express new concerns.
in Denton, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr Haque since 2004. I think this length of time reflect the satisfaction level with Dr Haque.
in Flower Mound, TX |
In the last year I have had four visits to Dr. Haque's office. My waiting time has been short each visit and staff has always been courteous and well prepared for my visit. I have never felt rushed during each visit. The doctors have taken time to listen to my concerns and addressed each one to my satisfaction. The doctors explained my treatment and what I could expect from it. They were straightforward with what needed to be accomplished and how to get there and it's working for me.
in flower mound, tx |
Dr. Haque is considered one of the best endocrinologists in the DFW area. He was recommended to me by 3 doctors when I developed an enlarged thyroid and needed to have a biopsy done 4 years ago. His diagnonsis was spot on and I have continued in his care. I trust him and have recommended him to many people.
Flower Mound, TX |
He is very patient with me because I am brittle diabetic. He explains things very well. I have been coming to him for many yrs. I would recommend him to other diabetics.
in Denton, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Haque for about 8 years and am extremely satisfied with he and his nurses. He has helped me in many aspects of my health. He's very concerned with the health and well being of his patients. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a fine doctors. His office is always friendly and helpful as well.
in Roanoke, TX |
Great doctor! He listened to my concerns and help me with my high cholesterol problems. He just doesn't want t to give me medicine he wants to work with me. And the staff is great!
in Krum, TX |
I have been under the care of Dr. Haque for 8 years. He is a very knowledgeable and competent physician. He is also very serious-minded about my health and well-being. If you are intentional about your health, then I don’t think there is a better doctor. If you are not, don’t waste your time or his. I value him greatly being my care provider.
in Copper Canyon, TX. |
We moved her and our old endocrinologist was a little far. I had a previous thyhroidectomy. My Husband also possibly had thyroid disease. Doctor Haque is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. Our previous doctor wanted to schedule him for thyroid removal. Doctor Haque did extensive testing and determined he did not need one. We are very happy with him. He is very laid back and soft spoken. He will spend time to explain what your condition is and treatment/s needed, very happy we found him.
Lewisville, TX |
DR. HAQUE HAS TAKEN GOOD CARE ME WITH THE DIABETES. MY VISIT TO HIS OFFICE HAS BEEN NOTHING CARING . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. HAGUE.
in Dallas, TX |
I have used Dr. Haque for almost 15 years. My family doctor recommended him. Originally I was diagnosed as a type two diabetic at my family doctor. Dr Haque ran a few test and found that I was in the early stages of type one diabetes. I researched on line to get what I thought was the way to be treated so when I went in I would let Dr Haque know how I wanted to be treated for my diabetes. We talked I listened and backpacking , motorcycling cross country are somethings I still do Thank You
in Copper Canyon |
I have been going to Dr. Haque for over 10 years. I have found him to be patient with the ups and downs I have been through, never giving up on me and always having a solution to anything I encountered. Diabetes is a serious disease and unless you follow your doctors instructions you will never be able to control your disease. Dr. Haque is very knowledgable about diabetes and will help you. Our town is lucky to have him.
in Carrollton, Texas |
I have visited Dr. Haque several times and he is the excellent doctor for treating diabetic conditions. He is very thorough and listens to you and give you sufficient time to talk to you. He guides in treating the diabetes and getting it under control. If he sees the need for Insulin he will tell you and give you time to get it under control. I have the diabetes for over 15 years and is under control with medications without insulin. He instructs you that diet and exercise is the most important.
in Coppell, TX |
Very kind physician. Through and clearly is an expert of his field. Front office staff verified my insurance before I came in and told me exactly what I would owe in advance of the appointment.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Haque is very thorough and has been helpful to me. However, his office staff are not efficient. They display an overall attitude of apathy and lack of interest in what they are doing. There is no communication between front office and direct care. I have called and talked to the staff to reschedule appointments only to be called in a couple days and asked why I didn't come. I've had issues as they have billed the wrong insurance codes multiple times and filled out my lab requests incorrectly
in Lewisville, TX |
My insurance company & a couple of friends recommended Dr. Haque & I'm very glad I chose him to be my endocrinologist. He is a very professional physician who truly knows his specialty. He cares about his patients & staff. I ended up having a benign tumor on my thyroid & he called me on the phone to discuss the diagnosis. His office staff is very professional as well. His nurse is funny & helped put me at ease during a biopsy. I will recommend this doctor to anyone who has thyroid issues.
in Lewisville, TX |
Dr Haque has helped my wife with her Addison's Disease more than any other Doctor we have found. He is a great listener and targets his approach to the way her body is responding to circumstances and medications. He is patient and we never feel rushed when we are there. I would highly recommend him to anyone with complex Endocrinology issues. The wait times to see him sometimes take a little while (not longer than 30 minutes) but it is because he spends as much time as is needed with you!
Office staff is rude and unprofessional. Doctor is unprofessional as well. After my insurance company requested a prior authorization for a prescription I had been taking for some time, he griped that he was sick of dealing with them and was considering not taking any more patients that carried that insurance...my insurance is with a major national carrier.
in Denton, TX |
Dr Haque seems obsessed with prescribing cholesterol meds. Maybe something to do with the Lipitor insignia printed on his sheets! Terrible communication skills. He is always wanting me to come in more often and get more expensive testing. Sometimes he holds my prescriptions hostage until I pay another office fee. I'm not on narcotics or anything, just hormone replacement therapy, as I have been for the last 20 years. I always feel like I've been mugged when I get out of there.
Office staff is very rude! I have never been seen on time for any of my appointments and yet there are signs up in the office that say if you are more than 15 minutes late THEY reserve the right to reschedule you!
Have you seen Dr. Wasim A. Haque, MD?
Are you Dr. Haque?

Dr. Haque's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Haque has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Haque's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Endocrine Disorders
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pituitary Disease

UT Southwestern Medical Ctr

Completed in 2003

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Haque does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haque and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology