Dr. Wasim Ahmar, MD

Dr. Wasim Ahmar, MD

Cardiology | Male | 48 years old

We are committed to providing superior services to all patients, with a kind heart. Our staff works closely with referring physicians and surrounding hospitals to extend your care. We are also dedicated to educating our patients to help them achieve a healthy lifestyle. Our staff strives with continuous education being the main component with the ever changing medical field. in order to continue our devotion to your health, we have an on call physician available 24/7 for your convience.Read more

Orlando Medical Group
450 W State Road 434 Ste 3010
Longwood, FL 32750 Get Directions
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Ahmar is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ahmar's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ahmar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahmar

Dr. Ahmar accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Ahmar has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Ahmar
Dr. Ahmar's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (18)
in Longwood, FL |
He saved my life along with his associate Dr Yakoob, then recommended another specialist for another issue and he was great. He actually called the other doctor in front of me to make sure we were all on the same page. Dr Ahmar tells it like it is. He took a path of treatment that made me feel comfortable along with calming me in a bad situation. His follow up was amazing. He also has a good sense of humor and made me feel like he was more of a friend than my doctor. I found him thru this site
in Sanford, FL |
On March 23, 2016, Dr. Wasim Ahmar performed a miracle & saved my life. His skill, experience & timing was perfect! He explained in detail, my surgery & prognosis to my 4 anxious daughters. Once we went to his office, we found his associates & staff to be as helpful, professional and caring as he is. They listen & answer all my questions. I am so thankful from the bottom of my "Healthy Heart" for Dr. Ahmar & the entire staff for expert care, kindness & compassion. Dr. Ahmar is the BEST!
in Mount Dora, FL |
The gifted brilliance & quick response time of Dr. Wasim Ahmar saved my mother's life! It is important to note that I have been through this horrific first hand experience with my sister 3 years ago. Under the care of a Different Cardiologist, my sister didn't make it. The care my mother has received from Dr. Amarh & staff is what every heart patient should be so lucky to have! I firmly believe if my sister would have been treated by Dr. Amahr she would be alive today. So full of gratitude!
in Deltona, Florida. |
I can say he saved my life. it had nothing to do with my heart . I went to the ER with chest pain & thought I had a problem with one of my stents only to find after Dr. Ahmar did a heart Cath. they were okay. He thought it had something to do with my stomach & suggested I see a gastroligist. I went to one 14 months earlier but I trusted him & went . The results 16 polyps, a mass on the colon and pre cancerous cells on the esphogaus. The gastro dr. Said had I waited it would have been cancer.
in altomonte springs, FL |
I was seen by Dr, Ahmar for chest pains his staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. Dr. Ahmar took time to explain me my condition at length, i was very concerned and anxious prior to going to his office after my visit I felt and understood what my issues are, staff and physicians were very caring and i was really impressed by his bed side manners I will highly recommend him if somebody is looking for a cardiologist.
in Lake Mary, FL |
I and my wife have been going to Dr Ahmar for many years and I can heartily (no pun intended!) recommend him. I had a serious heart incident several years ago and Dr Ahmar was instrumental in saving my life. Need I say more?
in Winter Springs, FL |
Extremely knowledgeable & caring doctor. Dr. Ahmar listens well & explains conditions and meds even better! He made a scary situation become something manageable. Glad he is my cardiologist!
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Ahmar takes the time to explain my medical condition so I completely understand my results and goes over in great detail his recommendation for treatment. When I have questions, he listens and again answers them until I completely understand. I feel like he genuinely cares for me as a patient.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Ahmar is very competent with his work He is thorough with his explanations and has done excellent job all these years.
in Debary, FL |
Dr Ahmar has been my Cardiologist for 5 years, he has seen me through a major crisis and has monitored my progress with diligence and kindness. He is the only Dr in 30 years to bring my blood pressure down to normal making me feel wonderful! His staff are professional, knowledgeable and very friendly and kind! A good overview of a Dr is his staff. I would not hesitate to reccomend him to anyone looking for a Cardiologist that cares about your recovery and maintaining your health!
Have you seen Dr. Wasim Ahmar, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmar?