Dr. Wasel Akbary, DO

Dr. Wasel Akbary, DO

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Wasel Akbary, DO is an internal medicine specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University of New England in 1995 and specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

11901 Baron Cameron Ave

Reston, VA 20190

• Anthem
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Akbary

Dr. Akbary's Experience

Dr. Akbary's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Internal Medicine

Dr. Akbary's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Akbary "Dr. Wasel Akbary is a board certified internal medicine and primary care physician with fellowship training in preventive medicine and geriatric medicine. He has a special interest in management of geriatric medicine, preventive medicine and diabetes. Most recently Dr. Akbary served as an internist at Kaiser Permanente in Fairfax, VA. Prior to that he worked as a hospitalist at Virginia Hospital Center. Dr. Akbary became interested in internal medicine because of his love for medicine and care for patients with a variety of challenges in disease process and management. His goal is to help his patients in understanding the disease process, enable them to care for themselves and to focus on preventive aspect of medicine. Most recently Dr. Akbary served as an internist at Kaiser Permanente in Fairfax, VA. Prior to that he worked as a hospitalist at Virginia Hospital Center."

• General Surgery

• Thyroid Screening
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University of New England
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • St Elizabeth Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • St. Elizabeth's Hospital (Boston, Ma)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Boston University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Akbary has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • German
  • Pashto

Dr. Akbary does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akbary and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Akbary's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akbary to family and friends

Dr. Akbary's Performance

GOOD

Does NOT listen!!!! Does NOT pay att'n to notes in your medical record. I told him of the signs/symptoms I was experiencing & all he kept asking me is "If I run?" As if his office is some kind of running clinic/physical therapy. Terrible listener. Arrogant as can be, so pls don't bother seeing this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Akbary never listened to me on any of my visits, and frequently dismissed my primary complaints to focus on perceived issues he had decided were problems that didn't exist. I suffered with a chronic but treatable condition for years while under his care until I got a second opinion. He was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I am sorry that your feel this way. I am absolutely sure that I have not been treating you recently. Your claim that you have been under my care for years is incorrect if you knew where I practice and or if you have been in my office recently. I do feel sorry for those who go on line and place false comments. May GOD guide you and bless you.

Very happy with the care and treatment I receive from Dr. Akbary and staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He was very professional, listened to me and explained my condition and gave me a easy to understand instruction. He has been the best doctor I have ever seen.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
At first when I found out where This doctor got his PHD I thought he really knows his practice until I realized I was completely wrong. If you ever want a test to be done don't bother asking him he WILL reject your request & will tell you lets wait as of lets wait till you're dead.