Dr. Warren Strutt, MD

Dr. Warren Strutt, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |

Dr. Strutt relocated to Denver after completing two Fellowships in Minimally Invasive Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando (Orlando Regional Medical Center) in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Strutt completed his General Surgery Residency at Stamford Hospital/Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Strutt received his medical degree from Saba University, and undergraduate degree from Northeastern University. Originally from South Africa, Dr. Strutt moved to the United States when he was in high school. Dr. Strutt specializes in colon and rectal surgery, with an emphasis on cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and diverticulitis. He offers broad experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgery, as well as traditional surgery. Dr. Strutt also performs colonoscopies and manages all aspects of anal rectal diseases, including hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas, and fecal incontinence. Dr. Strutt has published and presented nationally on the surgical treatment of various colorectal diseases.

• Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Strutt

Dr. Strutt's Experience

Dr. Strutt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for Rectal Tumors

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• New York University
  • Colon And Rectal Clinic Of Orlando
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Orlando Regional Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Strutt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strutt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strutt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Presbyterian/Saint Luke's Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2015 Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleed

View Ratings

Dr. Strutt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strutt to family and friends
Dr. Strutt's Performance
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt is wonderful! His bedside manner is the best I have ever experienced with a doctor! He's smart, gentle, empathetic and funny! He makes you feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation! I highly recommend him!
Broomfield, CO |
I would highly recommend Dr. Strutt. I had a minor surgical procedure and everything went well. Professional, knowledgeable and a great sense of humor. Made an otherwise uncomfortable visit not so bad. Thank you!
Broomfield, CO |
In short he is a life saver. He gives the confidence to go ahead for the surgery.
in Burlington Co |
I woulld recomend Dr. Strutt to anyone who need a colo rectal surgeon. I know He saved my life. because of his skill as a surgeon built me a new rectom an a J pouch. This will allow me to have the quality of life I desire.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Warren Strutt is not only an amazing doctor, but a good person that truly cares about the health and well-being of his patients. This is very hard to come by these days. This doctor will go down in the books for me as probably my #1 in all my experiences. Oh, and did I mention he solved for my health problem too!
in Littleton, CO |
I think it's safe to say that noone wants to spend time with a colo-rectal surgeon but Dr. Strut will make you want to throw a party in his honor! He is not just skilled and talented but he also is one of the kindest people I have ever encountered in medicine. I know that he cares about me and my recovery from the horrors that have been plagueing me for many years. He came in on a Sunday when I was in crushing pain and made it go the heck away! There is a special place in heaven for this man!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Stutt made me feel very comfortable in a kind of awkward situation. He was finally able to give me some answers and help fix my problem. He treats you like one of his family members. Wonderful man!
in Boulder, CO |
Dr. Strutt is an amazing doctor. As a younger female, I was pretty intimidated to find this type of doctor but I am SO HAPPY I found Dr. Strutt. He not only fixed my issue but he was very upfront and honest through the entire journey. He made me feel so comfortable before and after every surgery and appointment. He was very optimistic but also realistic. I would recommend Dr. Strutt 10/10 times. Anytime I had a question, he would always call me back and help. So blessed to have found him!
in Centennial, CO |
I can't imagine better care. Thoughtful, caring and talented. Couldn't ask for more.
in Littleton, CO |
with all of the horrible things i read and heard about hemorrhoidectomy i was scared to get the surgery done. I went ahead with it, I felt no pain at all, actually i felt better than before the day of my surgery. The only problem i had was staying still. If i ever had a problem again i would not hesitate getting this surgery done, going to a colon doctor is something i avoided for years, but so grateful National Jewish referred me to Dr.Strutt
in Aurora, CO |
Would highly recommend Dr Strutt with no reservations at all. He is a very kind, funny, compassionate, upfront doctor. He was very honest in his assessment of my condition, the surgery required and how my recovery would proceed. His office staff was very pleasant to work with and we were very impressed with Midtown surgical center and it's staff. My wife and I are grateful to have found Dr Strutt and we highly recommend him. Thank you Dr Strutt!
Aurora, CO |
Wonderful, caring, compassionate! Dr. Strutt took the time to explain everything, great personality, funny, and expressed his own concerns honestly. Wonderful job, staff, and facilities.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a great doctor. He was always kind and considerate. He made me feel comfortable during an uncomfortable situation. His staff were really kind and easy to work with. My experience overall was very positive.
in Arvada |
Dr. Strutt is amazing! His compassion, gentleness, and professionalism distinguish him as an exceptional physician. He is very knowledgeable; detailing all options, gains and risks. Dr. Strutt utilized conservative treatment options before surgery was decided. He had me laughing the day of surgery..thanks to his great sense of humor. He always entered the room smiling, which immediately put me at ease. I am 2 weeks post op and pain free..after suffering for months. I highly recommend Dr. Strutt!
Erie, CO |
Highly recommend Dr. Strutt. Made me feel so much at ease. Surgery went great and post op has been easy. He will take care of you.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt provides excellent and compassionate care, well above and beyond expectations. We are grateful for the care given and would recommend him without hesitation . He and his staff are kind and responsive, and even the nurses in the hospital during my husband's stay, commented on how dedicated and caring he is. He really listens and made sure we understood my husband's condition and what to expect, so we were prepared throughout the process of a fairly major surgery and recovery.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a superlative doctor. It has been 2 weeks exactly since my procedure and I feel like a new person. I was in an unbearable amount of pain for months at a time over a 7 year period--often unable to sleep through the night or sit comfortably for any period of time. When I decided it was finally time to have the surgery, Dr. Strutt was able to get me in for an appointment very quickly and then went out of his way to get me on the surgical schedule the day after my office visit. His b
in Denver, CO |
The level of care and empathy I received from Dr. Strutt and his team left a lasting impression on my entire family. My Mom even cried (good cry). I've never felt more at ease with a big medical procedure and I've had many. He made my difficult and sensitive procedure as easy as it ever could have been. I'm happy to say I'm feeling better than I have in a few years because of how well I was taken care of. Totally in your debt! Thank you Dr. Strutt! May God continue to work through you!
in Longmont, CO |
Absolutely the best care..so happy with my results. Dr. Strutt was great and he made me feel so comfortable...I highly recommend him.
in Greeley, Colo |
I would highly recommend Dr. Strutt. He provided clear and concise information in a reassuring manner. I also appreciated his sense of humor and time spent explaining things. I am very thankful that I was referred to him!!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a very compassionate and respectful person. I highly recommend him. He was very inquisitive and made me feel very comfortable unlike my last dr I visited. I believe his knowledge and character are unsurpassed!! Thank you for everything Dr. Strutt!!
in Denver, CO |
My experience with Dr. Strutt has been an exceptional one to say the least! He and his staff are great to work with from the initial consult, scheduling appointments, communicating plan of care pre-op, during surgery with family and post-op. He was also very direct in communicating expectations for surgery and long-term. He truly makes me feel like he is family that is looking out for one of his own. I would highly recommend him to my family, friends or anyone looking for exceptional care.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt is unquestionably exceptional. He approached the decision to operate on me very conservatively as I am young for the condition I have, and his thorough attention to my overall health was extremely appreciated. He did not rush into anything, and he only operated when he was 100% sure it was the right thing for me. In addition, I have never had a doctor treat me with as much kindness and heartfelt concern as he did. I trust him completely and would recommend him to my closest family.
in Englewood, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Strutt. I have had two surgeries and numerous office visits, all of which have been very successful. After my surgeries, I was left essentially pain free. Many of my office visits have been on an emergency basis and Strutt has always been able to find time for me or was able to set me up with one of his colleagues. I have moderate to severe ulcerative colitis and Dr. Strutt has also gone out of his way to coordinate his care with my other doctors in order to best treat me.
in Denver, CO |
Saw Dr. Strutt for long term hemorrhoid issue. He recommended surgery and gave a honest expectation of recovery. Surgery was successful and Dr. Strutt was a pleasure to have as my surgeon.
in Denver, CO |
Dr Strutt has a great sense of humor & an uncanny ability to connect with patients that is very endearing & down to earth, while maintaining professionalism.He exhibits an extreme level of integrity & stands by his reputation.He possesses the ability to explain the issue in simple terms, prescribe what needs to be done in order to fix it, & the associated risks & rewards.He considers what he would recommend if your situation applied to one of his family members.This was very comforting to me.
in Broomfield, CO |
I like the way he explains things. He tells me what he would do if it were him or a family member.
in Denver, CO |
Ok I don't want to sound all corny but my visit with Dr. Strutt was amazing. I read the reviews about this office prior to my visit and they all pretty much said that they had good experiences. He honestly took my embarrassment away as he made it comfort to talk about what I'm experiencing. Not to mention he's very kind and caring. Overall I'm glad I searched with Siri and found Dr. Strutt.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a warm caring professional who is an expert in his field. If he has any concern about your well being he gets things done promptly with compassion and care. He listens and provides important information for his patients so that they can make the best decisions. He is truly on your team and makes sure you are well taken care of.
Cheyenne, WY |
Had a procedure done back in June and Dr. Strutt was amazing! I'm healing very well and feel so much better!!
in Windsor, CO |
Dr. Strutt is an exceptional surgeon and human being. My experience with him and his staff has been nothing but wonderful. He has a great sense of humor, always answered all my questions in detail, thoroughly explained my condition, the surgical procedure, and what to expect in post-op. I had surgery in June. They surgery went exceptionally well and I have had no complications. Dr. Strutt comes with my highest recommendations.
in Fort Collins, CO |
Dr. Strutt is my moms surgeon. She has been under his care for the past nine months and is making a remarkable comeback. Dr. Strutt is beyond reproach, his integrity, professionalism, and caring nature, are but a few of the attributes that set him apart from the others. He possesses the ability to explain, in simple terms, the problem, what needs to be done to fix it, and the risks & rewards involved with the procedure. Dr. Strutt treats each patient as though they were of his own family. ??
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Strutt is an exceptional physician and human being. He always took the time to answer all my questions, and ease my fears. I had a rare case of endometriosis that invaded my rectum, causing a severe bowel obstruction. Dr Strutt worked closely with my GYN to approach treatment and surgery in the least invasive and holistic way possible. The surgery went as well as I could have hoped for; Dr Strutt was able to remove the obstruction and reconnect my colon without the need for an ileostomy!
in Lafayette, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a wizard & possibly the funniest doctor ever. In March, I had surgery to remove a pilonidal cyst. The operation went smooth & he was able to remove my entire cyst. He diligently explained all aspects of the procedure including what to expect post-op. He is always available if I have any questions or concerns. He has continually checked on my progress. The pain & complications have completely subsided. The office staff is extremely pleasant & friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Strutt.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Strutt is a very kind and thoughtful doctor. I was very nervous about a surgery that I needed, but his positive attitude helped calm my fears.
in Denver, CO |
I've had great experiences with Dr. Strutt and his staff. He was very accommodating from start to finish. He seemed to understand my trepidation with having even a minor surgery, and he did everything he could to make my experience the best it could be. The day of my surgery was one of the easiest days ever. No pain from beginning to end. Dr. Strutt and his staff are true professionals and I will be recommending him to anyone who needs colo-rectal care. As an RN, I know what makes a good MD
in Colby, Kansas |
I've never felt more cared by personally from a doctor. I recently came to Dr Strutt with a coccygeal hernia, a rare and delicate case. He immediately assembled a team of amazing doctors to give me what I feel was astounding pre operative, operative and post operative care. He was thorough in his research and formulated a specific plan. I would recommend him to anyone in search of a colorectal specialist. I felt like he had treated me as if I were a member of his own family.
in Lafayette, CO |
Experience with Dr Strutt, his staff and Good Sam Hospital were excellent. Would highly recommend him. Thanks
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Strutt was great. Very personable and took care of my problem very efficiently.
in Gunnison, CO |
My husband had surgery performed by Dr. Strutt at St Joseph Hospital. We can not express our gratitude for the caring and professional care he received. Both his office staff and the hospital staff were wonderful and very attentive. As we came all the way from Gunnison, Co for this surgery they went out of their way to accommodate us as best they could.
Denver, CO |
Dr Strutt and his staff were amazing. He instantly put me at ease, thoroughly explaining to me the nature of my condition and treatment options. I am now 3 weeks out from my surgery and this is the first time in over a year that I feel good. I cant not say enough about this surgeon,his team, bedside manner and my experience. The midtown surgical center staff were very professional and the facility was great.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Strutt and his team are fantastic. Dr. Strutt answered all my questions and concerns about the surgery. He was super supportive. I am about 3 weeks post-surgery and am healing up and doing great. He is an expert in this field and I highly recommend him and his staff.
Denver, CO |
Very friendly, knowledgeable, and trustworthy doctor. I am very happy with my overall experience. The staff and doctor made me feel very comfortable.
in Denver, CO |
I had a surgical procedure performed earlier in 2015 by Dr. Strutt at the Midtown location, and I can say that I have never had a better experience from start to finish with any other medical procedure. His professionalism and staff are exemplary, and I would recommend him highly to anyone needing his services.
Have you seen Dr. Warren Strutt, MD?
Are you Dr. Strutt?

Visit Dr. Strutt

Dr. Strutt accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA