Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD

Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Suburban Endoscopy Center 799 Bloomfield Ave Ste 101 Verona, NJ 07044 Get Directions

Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Verona, NJ. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Finkelstein is affiliated with Hackensackumc Mountainside.

Dr. Finkelstein's Experience

See how Dr. Finkelstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Finkelstein

Dr. Finkelstein accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Finkelstein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Finkelstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Finkelstein to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Finkelstein's Performance
in Union City, NJ |
When I first arrived at Dr Finkelstein's office, I was nervous, in pain, and confused. I had an inkling as to what was wrong with me but I did not have definitive proof. Dr Finkelstein quickly managed to get me tested and diagnosed within a month all the while instilling a confidence in me that he would figure out what was wrong. 1 month and many test later I was diagnosed with Crohn's and through his health plan I was pain free 1 month after seeing him and in remission a year later.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Finkelstein is one of the most compassionate and caring doctors I have ever gone to. My diagnosis of Crohns disease came as a huge upset to me and he always reassured me he would do everything in his power to help me - and he does. He spends a great amount of time with me reviewing my symptoms and treatment every time I enter his office and have made significant improvements in my health since my first visit. I would recommend him to everyone.
Franklin Lakes, NJ |
Great doctor - knowledgeable and friendly.
in Bloomfield, NJ |
Dr Finkelstein is hands down the best thing that ever happened to me a Crohns/Colitis/perianal disease sufferer. I started seeing Dr Finkelstein early 2015 and must say he has literally brought me back to living a normal life. I had a bad flare in the summer of 2014 and suffered with it (even while seeing another GI doctor) until I started going to Dr Finkelstein and benefiting from her expertise and care. He spends time with his patience, he is extremely informative, and above all caring!
I had suffered an intestinal rupture and had to have emergency surgery for my Crohn's Disease. I had used another GI doctor for twenty years. My wife found Dr. Finkelstein and I have been using him for over 5 years now. I am in deep remission for my Crohn's and am extremely grateful for the time, attention, expertise and general caring that Dr. Finkelstein has constantly shown me. I am very thankful that we found Dr. Finkelstein and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Wayne, NJ |
My primary care physician recommended I see Dr. Finkelstein to address my UC. The illness was severe when I first saw him and a feeling of hopelessness had begun to overwhelm me. Dr. Finkelstein said, “we’ll get your life back,” that was ten years ago and I feel great. He is very thorough in his approach to treatment and genuinely cares about his patients. These are qualities that are very important when dealing with illnesses such UC or Crohn’s disease. I can’t thank the man enough.
in Nutley, NJ |
This is the first time in years that I've actually felt like a healthy person. The doctors I had seen before recommended things like going Gluten free or trying steroids. Some even suggested my being sick was could be cured by a psychiatrist :/. Dr. Finkelstein is the first Dr that I have seen that actually listened to me and made a plan to treat me. I would highly recommend him as someone who actually cares about your well being AND knows what they are doing.
in Clifton, NJ |
I think he means well but I saw seven different GI's and colorectal surgeons for my chronic UC and he was actually one of my least favorites. He even missed a dangerous bilateral DVT and it was caught only by chance when I had to stop him and tell him something was up with my leg. I also found him to be very aggressive with treatment and pushing procedures on you. I had to speak up and tell him I didn't agree with him and then he fired me lol. No doctor is God people; medicine is imperfect.
in Verona, NJ |
Dr. Finkelstein is the best Gastroenterology doctor around. His care for each person could not be any better. He takes his time to explain and look at everything that puts your mind at ease. He gave me my normal life back with the proper care, knowledge, and medications.
in Berkeley Heights, NJ |
Suffering from a severe flare of Crohns disease back in 2013, I was feeling hopeless as no doctor could help me turn around my symptoms. After spending 9 weeks in the hospital and losing 50+ pounds I was ready to commit to having surgery. At the age of 23, I was told that I was way too young to already have a surgery for my Crohns disease, but I was out of options. Dr. Finkelstein, took the time and care to help guide me back to good health with no surgery! He is the most incredible doctor ever!
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Finkelstein was recommended to me by another doctor that was having difficulty with my diagnosis and the best way to treat it. Dr. Finkelstein was kind and thorough and within 6 months I am feeling so much better. After almost 2 years of sickness and hospital stays, Dr. Finkelstein had me up and going again quicker than I thought possible. He listens and obviously knows his specialty. I don't know where I would be without him.
in Cliffside Pk, NJ |
Saying that Dr. Finkelstein is a fantastic Doctor is a major understatement. When I was in the ICU for two weeks three years ago with a 105 fever and severe UC symptoms due to a CMV virus and C-Diff he came to see me every single day. He went above and beyond to make me better. He spent countless hours doing research and talking to colleagues to come up with the best treatment plan. He saved my colon and my life. He often tells me that I am very lucky and I agree, I'm very lucky to have him.
in Clinton, NJ |
There aren't enough characters in this box to explain from where I was to where I am now. I was told prior to visiting Dr. Finkelstein by other doctors, We know we can take out your colon, patch you up, and you'll have a semi-normal life; but before we have to do that I want you to see someone else who can try and mediate the internal battle your body is having. From never leaving the house for a few months to now probably eating and doing too much of what I shouldn't - Thank you Dr. F.
in Hoboken, NJ |
I have UC and have been treated by Dr. Finkelstein for 20+ years now. It is because of his treatment and dedication to me that I have live a normal, vibrant life. He is always apprised of the latest therapies and takes the time to answer questions.During my time in his care, I have had three beautiful, healthy children. Dr. Finkelstein has always coordinated my care with other doctors such as my OBGYN, and even other docs have praised his dedication and knowledge. He is very special doctor/man.
in Pocono Lake, PA |
Dr. Finkelstein saved my life 9 years ago. I was admitted to the hospital with an abdominal mass and they wanted to me to undergo surgery without a diagnosis. I was in the hospital for 10 days without an accurate diagnosis. I was referred to Dr. Finkelstein's office the day I was released from the hospital and he diagnosed me with Crohn's Disease and I have been in remission for approximately 8 years. He is truly a miracle worker. He's the most caring & competent doctor & is #1 in my book.
in Randolph |
I was treated for chrons/colitis for about 10 years with another dr and he couldn't help me at all. Dr. Finkelstein has saved my life. The 10 years under his care, I am in complete remission and can enjoy and also have my life back. I am,forever grateful to him.
in Belleville, NJ |
Before seeing Dr. Finkelstein I was seeing another gastroenterologist who did not have my condition under control. I was in constant pain, always trying new medications, and always had flare-ups. I ended up having to have emergency surgery because of this. Since treating with Dr. Finkelstein my condition is under control. I am no longer in daily pain and he found a medication that works for me. I am grateful to have found Dr. Finkelstein. I honestly don't know where I would be without him.
in Monmouth County, NJ |
Very rude, dismissive, ignored test results, and did absolutely nothing to help me. Misdiagnosed gastritis as gastroperisis and put me on medication that I didn't need, which also has serious side effects, and the wrong diet. He told me that I should be happy I didn't have Crohn's Disease and escorted me out with literally a pat on the shoulder. I left his office in tears and immediately found a new gastrologist who has helped me control the symptoms of severe gastritis and cyclic vomiting.
When I first saw Dr. Finkelstein, I was in very poor health due to inadequate treatment from a previous doctor. He has completely transformed my health! He never lost hope even though my case is very tricky. He is extremely knowledgable, takes the time to explain everything, and always has my best interest in mind when selecting treatment options. I know that he is personally vested in my well-being and health, and I highly recommend him. My family and I are forever grateful for his service.
in Blairstown, NJ |
At the urging of getting a second opinion, I ended up making a big mistake coming to this guy. Very rude and did not help me at all when I was having a flareup with my UC. I went back to my regular gastroenterologist.
Have you seen Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Finkelstein?

Compare Dr. Finkelstein

Dr. Finkelstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Finkelstein has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Finkelstein's Board Certifications

• Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Va Hospital

Completed in 1975

Mass Genl Hospital Harvard

Completed in 1977

Dr. Finkelstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Finkelstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology