Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD

Dr. Warren Finkelstein, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Suburban Endoscopy Center 799 Bloomfield Ave Ste 101, Verona, NJ 07044 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Finkelstein specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Verona, NJ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Finkelstein? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Finkelstein's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Finkelstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Finkelstein

Dr. Finkelstein accepts 21 insurance carriers

21 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Finkelstein has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Finkelstein

Dr. Finkelstein's Review Details
4.2 based on 32 responses
Experience with Dr. Finkelstein
Dr. Finkelstein's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (33)
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Finkelstein was recommended to me by another doctor that was having difficulty with my diagnosis and the best way to treat it. Dr. Finkelstein was kind and thorough and within 6 months I am feeling so much better. After almost 2 years of sickness and hospital stays, Dr. Finkelstein had me up and going again quicker than I thought possible. He listens and obviously knows his specialty. I don't know where I would be without him.
in Cliffside Pk, NJ |
Saying that Dr. Finkelstein is a fantastic Doctor is a major understatement. When I was in the ICU for two weeks three years ago with a 105 fever and severe UC symptoms due to a CMV virus and C-Diff he came to see me every single day. He went above and beyond to make me better. He spent countless hours doing research and talking to colleagues to come up with the best treatment plan. He saved my colon and my life. He often tells me that I am very lucky and I agree, I'm very lucky to have him.
in Clinton, NJ |
There aren't enough characters in this box to explain from where I was to where I am now. I was told prior to visiting Dr. Finkelstein by other doctors, We know we can take out your colon, patch you up, and you'll have a semi-normal life; but before we have to do that I want you to see someone else who can try and mediate the internal battle your body is having. From never leaving the house for a few months to now probably eating and doing too much of what I shouldn't - Thank you Dr. F.
in Hoboken, NJ |
I have UC and have been treated by Dr. Finkelstein for 20+ years now. It is because of his treatment and dedication to me that I have live a normal, vibrant life. He is always apprised of the latest therapies and takes the time to answer questions.During my time in his care, I have had three beautiful, healthy children. Dr. Finkelstein has always coordinated my care with other doctors such as my OBGYN, and even other docs have praised his dedication and knowledge. He is very special doctor/man.
in Pocono Lake, PA |
Dr. Finkelstein saved my life 9 years ago. I was admitted to the hospital with an abdominal mass and they wanted to me to undergo surgery without a diagnosis. I was in the hospital for 10 days without an accurate diagnosis. I was referred to Dr. Finkelstein's office the day I was released from the hospital and he diagnosed me with Crohn's Disease and I have been in remission for approximately 8 years. He is truly a miracle worker. He's the most caring & competent doctor & is #1 in my book.
in Randolph |
I was treated for chrons/colitis for about 10 years with another dr and he couldn't help me at all. Dr. Finkelstein has saved my life. The 10 years under his care, I am in complete remission and can enjoy and also have my life back. I am,forever grateful to him.
in Belleville, NJ |
Before seeing Dr. Finkelstein I was seeing another gastroenterologist who did not have my condition under control. I was in constant pain, always trying new medications, and always had flare-ups. I ended up having to have emergency surgery because of this. Since treating with Dr. Finkelstein my condition is under control. I am no longer in daily pain and he found a medication that works for me. I am grateful to have found Dr. Finkelstein. I honestly don't know where I would be without him.
in Monmouth County, NJ |
Very rude, dismissive, ignored test results, and did absolutely nothing to help me. Misdiagnosed gastritis as gastroperisis and put me on medication that I didn't need, which also has serious side effects, and the wrong diet. He told me that I should be happy I didn't have Crohn's Disease and escorted me out with literally a pat on the shoulder. I left his office in tears and immediately found a new gastrologist who has helped me control the symptoms of severe gastritis and cyclic vomiting.
When I first saw Dr. Finkelstein, I was in very poor health due to inadequate treatment from a previous doctor. He has completely transformed my health! He never lost hope even though my case is very tricky. He is extremely knowledgable, takes the time to explain everything, and always has my best interest in mind when selecting treatment options. I know that he is personally vested in my well-being and health, and I highly recommend him. My family and I are forever grateful for his service.
in Blairstown, NJ |
At the urging of getting a second opinion, I ended up making a big mistake coming to this guy. Very rude and did not help me at all when I was having a flareup with my UC. I went back to my regular gastroenterologist.
Have you seen Dr. Finkelstein?
Are you Dr. Finkelstein? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Finkelstein

• Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine

Va Hospital

Completed in 1975

Mass Genl Hospital Harvard

Completed in 1977

Dr. Finkelstein has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Finkelstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Finkelstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Finkelstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Finkelstein

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Finkelstein's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Finkelstein

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients