Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Ward Hamlet, MD
Ward P. Hamlet, M.D. is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in surgery of the hand, elbow, shoulder, and microvascular reconstruction. A board certified surgeon, Dr. Hamlet joined Ortho NorthEast in 1999. Dr. Hamlet received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology from the University of Arizona. In 1993, he earned his medical degree with honors from UCLA School of Medicine in Los Angeles. He served his general surgery and orthopaedic residencies at UCLA Medical Center until 1998. He then completed an additional year of fellowship training in hand, elbow and microvascular surgery at the Indiana Hand Center in Indianapolis. Dr. Hamlet also has a special interest in microvascular reconstruction, tendon and bone reconstruction and work-related conditions of the upper extremity, including carpal tunnel syndrome. Dr. Hamlet is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Because of his extensive training, Dr. Hamlet has achieved a Certificate of Added Qualification in surgery of the hand and upper extremity. Dr. Hamlet has published manuscripts in several orthopaedic journals and has given presentations and lectures nationally as well as regionally here in northeastern Indiana. Dr. Hamlet enjoys activities with his two children Jonathan and Elliana including water skiing, snow skiing, tennis, and hiking.

Ortho NorthEast

5050 N Clinton St

Fort Wayne, IN 46825

Dr. Ward Hamlet, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hamlet

Dr. Hamlet's Experience

Dr. Hamlet's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Ca
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Ca
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • The Indiana Hand Center, Indianapolis, IN
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Hamlet has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hamlet does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamlet and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hamlet's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamlet to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Hamlet's Performance
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr Hamlet was truthful about treatments and possible outcomes. He was efficient in resolving my issues. His staff was courteous and pleasant to work with.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I recently went to Ortho NorthEast in Fort Wayne, In for an issue with my elbow. I saw Dr. Ward Hamlet, MD, and I couldn't have been treated better! He is a very friendly and outgoing physician. He reassured me that my issue was totally treatable and that he had some additional "tricks up his sleeve" to help me if it bothered me further. I know it doesn't matter, but the man was impeccably dressed! I will never choose another provider for my orthopedic needs!
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Hamlet was friendly, personable, and informative. I was impressed that as large as the facility is, my appointment was right on schedule. Dr. Hamlet made me feel comfortable about my impending surgery.
Auburn, IN |
Dr. Hamlet is always very personable and friendly. He answers all of my questions completely. The staff is very nice as well. His PA is also one my favorite people. I have had surgery with Dr. Hamlet several years ago and need surgery on a different elbow now. He did a fantastic job with the first one, so I have complete confidence that this one will go well, too.
Would have liked Dr. Hamlet to spend a few minutes more with us. Otherwise it was a great visit!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I have had 4 appointments with Dr Hamlet about a hand injury. He is very professional and knowledgeable. I have great confidence in his abilities. Beyond that he is very friendly, always takes time to explain what is going on, what the next step is and why we are doing it. Twice he has actually drawn pictures so I can understand. I would highly recommend him.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Everyone was very professional. Very good experience and very confident in the Doctor and the staff. Highly recommended.
in Huntertown, IN |
Getting the appointment took less than one week, I was in the actual office before my scheduled visit time, saw the nurse, PA and doctor within 15 minutes. Total time for visit was less than 25 minutes and yet never once felt rushed. All questions answered. Everyone was very friendly, professional and courteous.
in Leo, IN |
Very personable, knowledgeable and friendly. Determined to find the issue and resolve it. I appreciate everything he is doing and has done for me! Would highly recommend his services. Great support staff as well! Wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Hamlet is a very good doctor. He has taken care of my hands on several occasions. I trust him for my care.
Ft Wayne, IN |
He seemed ok but only spent about 5 minutes with me.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I would recommend Dr. Hamlet to anyone for hand, wrist and shoulder problems. His knowledge, innovation and patient interaction are all excellent. And, he is always on time. Doesn't get any better than that.
in Garrett, Indiana |
Hi, my name is Judy, I want to ONE yesterday and I get a shot in my left hand and it help ed a lot . Thanks Judy Hamann
in Indiana |
Dr Hamlet and his team are an awesome team. The surgery and follow up went well. The team was very attentive before and after the surgery. Dr Hamlet helped my wrist and the incision is fading daily!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Hamlet rushed in and out without explanation. After one month there was no change in my condition. I called to see if there was anything else that could be done. The office staff called back after conferring with Dr. Hamlet and I was told to come in for a follow-up appointment. When Dr. Hamlet entered the room, he immediately told me nothing could be done. He did not exam my hand or ask me any questions. Then he billed me! Do not fall for this. Waste of time and money.
Fort Wayne, IN |
Dr. Ward DISMISSED my concerns 2 months after surgery when i STILL could not straighten my hand out, even after 2 knuckle replacements. He continued to point out how (at least) i can grip some things. I had had that ability BEFORE SURGERY.
in LaFontaine, IN |
Dr. Hamlet answers all your questions and is very thorough. He has done carpal tunnel surgery and thumb reconstruction on both my hands and he and his staff are awesome.
in North Webstet im |
Dr Hamlet was polite, answered my questions, and calmed me down when I got stressed before surgery. Thanks for a great job.
in Rochester, Indiana |
Dr. Hamlet was very polite ,direct, answered every question I had , and made me feel very at ease the doctors and staff were very professional and compassionate about me and my recovery. I would recommend dr hamlet and parkview hospital to anyone and everyone you guys are aces'
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr Hamlet was short, rude, not willing to answer questions. Pretty much acted like and argued with me like a 5 year old. I am a patient with simple and quick questions, he apparently is not comfortable with a patient who wants to know at least where a tendon tear is or how physical therapy will help...he wants to rush people in and out and be done. He became argumentative with me because I cannot take a cortisone shot, I have a reaction to it, his response was that I choose not to take it
Have you seen Dr. Ward Hamlet, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamlet?

Visit Dr. Hamlet

Dr. Hamlet accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hamlet has admitting privileges