Dr. Walter Murphy, DDS

Dr. Walter Murphy, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Walter Murphy, DDS is a dentist who practices in Mechanicsville, VA. He is 57 years old.Read his story

7009 Lee Park Rd

Mechanicsville, VA 23111

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Dental Network of America
  • Dominion Insurance
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Murphy

Dr. Murphy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Murphy "Dr. Murphy was born in Augusta, Georgia, and grew up in Martinsville, Virginia, and Hamm, Germany. He graduated with a B.A. in Chemistry, Minor in Biology from the University of Virginia. He received his DDS from the Medical College of Virginia with honors. He completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medical College of Virginia, and began practice in the Richmond area in 1990. Dr. Murphy is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, certified since 1992. Dr. Murphy and his wife, Mary Stewart, have three children and enjoy travel, sailing, and following the children's activities. Dr. Murphy will meet with you for an initial consultation. During that time, he will advise you of the most appropriate treatment options based upon his examination, x-rays and your dentist's referral. He will explain the surgical procedure to you in detail during this visit and answer any questions you may have. He has had many years of clinical and surgical experience and can handle the most delicate surgical procedures with ease and efficiency. Dr. Murphy also has had extensive anesthesia training which enables him to offer a variety of techniques including local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, intravenous sedation and general anesthesia."

This content was provided by Dr. Murphy "Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality of care with complete comfort and satisfaction. We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our patients who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed and comfortable environment. We recognize that every patient has unique wants and needs, and it is our highest priority to provide individualized care for every patient."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• IV Sedation
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Virginia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Murphy has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Murphy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Murphy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murphy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Murphy's Reviews

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Ashland, VA |
I had to have one of my wisdom teeth pulled and I was concerned about the recovery. I didn't want the dreaded dry socket. They were great in helping to relax with the procedure and with the healing process. Best of all no dry socket! Great staff and great doctor. Highly recommend.
Richmond, VA |
I have a horrible fear of dentists, but Dr Murphy and his staff put me right at ease! They made the whole experience so easy for me and I'm not even apprehensive about my surgery anymore! Thank you!
Richmond, VA |
Kind and Caring Oral Surgeon. The staff are helpful and friendly. Dr. Murphy took the time to thoroughly explain the treatment that I needed.
Mechanicsville, VA |
My son was scheduled for surgery for over a month. We showed up at our correct time & date only to be told he was never scheduled. We both took off of work, he fasted all night, I drugged him with the Valium they prescribed. No effort was made to accommodate us, even though they screwed up. I'm...more
We are so sorry that you did not have a good experience. This is truly not the customer service that our office wishes to provide to our patients. It was a scheduling mistake completely on our part and we do...more
in Dunnsville |
Staff was very professional and kind. Dr. Murphy has an excellent bedside manner & takes all the time you need to explain procedures. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an oral surgeon.

Visit Dr. Murphy