Dr. Walter McClelland Jr, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic 2001 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 705 Atlanta, GA 30309 Get Directions
Dr. Walter McClelland Jr, MD
Dr. Walter McClelland Jr, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. McClelland Jr is affiliated with Piedmont Hospital and Northside Hospital.

Dr. McClelland Jr's Experience

See how Dr. McClelland Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McClelland Jr

Dr. McClelland Jr accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. McClelland Jr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. McClelland Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. McClelland Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McClelland Jr to family and friends
Dr. McClelland Jr's Performance
Smyrna, GA |
Dr. McClelland performed two surgeries on my left hand at the same time. My recovery has been textbook and the scars are very minimal. Dr. McClelland is a very caring and personable surgeon. My experience has been great, and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing hand surgery.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great doctor hands down. Operated on my shoulder after a bad fall at work. Broke my glenoid which is a rare injury and he put me back together in no time. Great guy
in Cleveland, Ga |
He is a great doctor and person. His response to my injury was above my expectation. Eric and Dr. McClelland are a great team that show you they care about you.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr McClelland did endoscopic surgery to resolve carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand and I could not be happier with the results. The procedure was remarkably pain free. Pain free to the extent that I all I had was minor discomfort for a few days after surgery. No pain meds of any kind required, just minor discomfort. I compare and contrast this with the "open" procedure by a different doctor on my right hand. It took several weeks for the surgical wound to stop hurting.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. McClelland and his staff, Eric & Cassie are fantastic. I had (what seemed to me, of course) a fairly severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome. Dr. McClelland was spot-on with his initial diagnosis, but as he should have, confirmed his assessment with appropriate testing. Peachtree Ortho did their absolute best to get surgery scheduled quickly. The procedure was a breeze. Other than a wee bit of tenderness, there was little to no pain. Six weeks later: 100% better. Highly recommend.
in Atlanta, GA |
What began as a common injury turned into a complicated scenario after breaking my elbow last fall. After 2 failed attempts to repair the fracture I was referred to Dr. McClellan for a second opinion. Dr. McClellan was able to repair my elbow fracture using an innovative procedure which resulted in the normal, pain free, function of my right arm which I feared might not be a possibility. I am extremely grateful for his expertise and compassionate care. His entire staff is wonderful!
in Atlanta, GA |
I can't thank Dr. McClelland enough! I am a professional musician and had advanced arthritis in my left wrist. Dr. McClelland was extremely sensitive to my concerns, and my hopes to continue performing. After an extensive surgery and months of physical therapy with his great team, I'm pleased to say that I can play better than ever with absolutely no pain! I honestly didn't think that would be possible. I am very grateful to Dr. McClelland and his staff. Absolutely wonderful!
in Peachtree City, GA |
I had two opposing issues that needed to be corrected. Dr. McClelland clearly discussed the approach and the reasons why. I followed his directions to the letter, first having PT to correct the frozen shoulder and then scheduled the surgery to correct a rotator cuff tear and a bicep tendon issue. His surgical skills are second to none. The surgery corrected the tear and the PT after surgery strengthened the shoulder and I couldn't be happier with the results. This is a fine young surgeon.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. Walter McClelland is beyond excellence! He deserves more than 5 star rankings. I had a shoulder replacement & he more than exceeded my expectations. I'm no longer suffering the previous excruciating pain & am more functional than I have ever been. I cannot provide enough great, positive feedback & my gratitude for him. I'm grateful to have found the right surgeon & I'm proof for a remarkable outcome. I'm more than fully confident in him & his meticulous expertise. He is a remarkable surgeon.
in Peachtree Corners, Ga 30092 |
Walter B, McCelland Jr., M.D. was an excellent surgery and bedside matters before, during surgery and after. I had Dupuytren,s disease on my left hand and after you can't tell I had any problems what so ever.
Top notch in every way!
Have you seen Dr. Walter McClelland Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. McClelland Jr?

Compare Dr. McClelland Jr

Dr. McClelland Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. McClelland Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. McClelland Jr's Board Certifications

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Shoulder Tendinitis
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

Completed in 2012

Princeton University

Graduated in 2001

• French

Dr. McClelland Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McClelland Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery