Dr. Walter Hassig, MD

Dr. Walter Hassig, MD

Internal Medicine  |
14 reviews

Dr. Walter Hassig, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Federal Way, WA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Hassig is affiliated with Multicare Auburn Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital and Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital....See Less

Digestive Health Specialists

33915 1st Way S Ste 200

Federal Way, WA 98003

• EmblemHealth
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Hassig

Dr. Hassig's Experience

Dr. Hassig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Henry Ford Hospital
  • Spectrum Health Blodgett Campus

Dr. Hassig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hassig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hassig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Hassig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hassig to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Hassig's Performance
in Maple Valley WA |
Dr. Hassig diagnosis and explanation of my condition and course of treatment was clear and concise. In addition, to treating me, he was training a Physician’s Assistant. Dr. Hassig moved smoothly from his role as care giver to instructor/mentor in a professional manner. He is supported by an outstand staff. The receptionist was polite/helpful. The nurse checking me in was proficient/knowledgeable. Digestive Health Specialists are professionals of the highest caliber.
in Kent, wa |
Very personable and a great sense of humor. Was thorough and not rushed.
in Auburn, WA |
I am a DC who has practiced for approx. 15 years. I had heard good things about Dr. Hassig's bedside and procedural expertise. My grandfather had received care from other GI specialist prior to Dr. Hassig - none could come close to the holistic care he received. He was patient and present and explained everything multiple times ( my grandfather is hard of hearing) & we received a follow up phone call that evening! I would recommend Dr. Hassig w/out hesitation for a GI Specialis
Gig Harbor |
I was referred to Dr. Hassig for a screening colonoscopy. I could not believe how easy the procedure was once I was in the office. Preop instructions were clear and anesthesia was so much better than my previous one. Dr. Hassig spent time explaining the procedure and afterwards told me about his findings. I recommended Dr. Hassig to my husband who previously had a very poor experience. My husband could not believe how much more pleasant his experience was with Dr. Hassig.
Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Hassig embodies what most would want in a physician. He met with myself and my family prior to my procedure & explained everything in great detail. His staff ( nurses and assistants) didn't seem to have the same presence/patience - they came across as tired or unhappy? All my questions were answered by him & my anxiety about "sedation" were alleviated. He was patient, understanding, thorough and didn't speak "above" me. After my procedure he explained my results thoroughly. SO GRATEFUL!
Maple Valley, WA |
I found Dr. Hassig through the Multicare physician search and was a little nervous about my first gastroenterology appointment. I was put at ease upon meeting him. Dr. Hassig is very knowledgeable and helped alleviate my concerns. He's friendly, easy to talk to, and is competent. He performed my colonoscopy without complication. Overall I am very happy with the care I have recieved from him.
in tacoma, wa |
To whom it may concern: I received DHS's letter concerning "Incomplete recommendations" for the Flex Sig. I am truly saddened that I will not be able to continue as a patient of DHS as Dr Mark Hassig is a great physician, and did a great job with my Colonoscopy. As were all the medical staff that I had the pleasure of being under the care of. But after attempting to schedule my appointment for the the 4th time with Nichole I can no longer tolerate her unprofessionalism and disregard for me, my
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Hassig could have easily sent us on our way after he determined we needed a different specialty but instead went above and beyond any reasonable expectation. Took his time and even set up the needed appt with a different doctor while we were there AND ordered some preliminary standard testing the next doctor would need so we were able to do them that day, saving us weeks of time. Couldn't be happier...only wish I could have him for a primary care dr.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Hassig, MD?
Are you Dr. Hassig?

Visit Dr. Hassig

Dr. Hassig accepts 19 insurance carriers
    Emblem Health
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Group Health Cooperative
    Coop Core
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Molina