Dr. Walter Guarino, MD

Dr. Guarino
Telehealth services available

Walter Guarino, M.d.

501 Church St Ne Ste 202 Vienna, VA 22180

Dr. Walter Guarino, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Vienna, VA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Guarino to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Walter Guarino, MD with other Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Guarino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Guarino

Dr. Guarino
He is the best doctor I know O recomennded 100 % very pacient very kind , good he speak English and Spanish , he always has time no matter if you don’t have appointment thanks for help with my depression doctor
Julissa – Oct 13, 2021
If I could give 5,000 stars, I would!!! I've been seeing Dr. Guarino for almost 6 months and couldn't be happier with the services and treatments he has provided. Dr. Guarino goes out of his way to make sure all of your questions are answered and he works with you to address your health concerns instead of just telling you what to do. Dr. G always wanted to make sure he and I are on the same page and comfortable. He always went out of his way to care for me as his patient. I struggled with some emotional barriers after finishing nursing school and while preparing for my state board exam. I was able to schedule virtual visits with Dr. Guarino which was super convenient! He helped me cope with my anxiety and provided me with the emotional support I needed in order to be of sound mind. I was so impressed with his ability to relax my overall being. He constantly checked in with me to assess my my feelings and I was so impressed by his expression of care and empathy!
Liz Knight – Dec 16, 2020
Dr. Guarino is very kind and patient; he always has availability for his patients. You can tell that his vast knowledge comes from a wealth of psychiatry experience. I would recommend him to anyone!
Aug 10, 2020
He is non_threatening in our conversations.He is compassionate and humorous.
philip – Jun 15, 2020
It was a good visit - just as have the others aver the last many years.
May 23, 2020
Dr. G is absolutely Amazing! He really listens and cares about his patients. He is wise and empathetic... but also gives guidance and knowledge to what it is I am struggling with. For example: I am 35 years old, and 1.5 years ago I found out I needed total hip replacement surgery. I literally laid in bed, stuck inside my own head; agonizing over the fact i was getting the top of my femur cut off, and a prosthetic hammered in... I would not have been brave enough to follow thru with this life-changing surgery, without Dr. G. He truly cares about his patients, is NEVER JUDGING, and spends extra time to help those that need it. He also is very thorough, and takes into account the healthiest way to treat his patients... he knows his medicine. Dr. G is detail-oriented but still makes you feel comfortable around him, you can tell him anything, and he's not judging you. He is also really funny! Life is too short..If you want to feel better, see Dr. G
Jessica G. – Jan 09, 2020
I cannot emphasize enough on how great Dr G is . He’s by far the best doctor I have ever been too or heard of . He literally took time out on Christmas Day to meet my husband who had a manic episode and was so helpful. He is always available and gives you the ease of mind . If you or your loved one is in need of a great doctor then please go to Dr. G and thank me later
Maham – Jan 08, 2020
I’ve been seeing Dr. G for three years now. I could never ask for a better doctor. He’s kind, compassionate, always picks up his phone no matter what time if you need him. He’s helped me work through and learn to control my anxiety. I used to have panic attacks all the time and was consumed with stress and fear. I’ve recently only had one in six months. After seeing him I feel like myself again and am starting to begin to become confident and blossom into who I’m meant to be. I drive an hour both ways to see him each month. He treats his patients like family.
L Whitney – Dec 07, 2019
Dr. Guarino is one of the most outstanding doctors I have had the joy of knowing and it has been a blessing to have him in my life, as my doctor. He is very understanding with a jovial and kind nature that has made it very easy for me to speak with him. His gentleness and sincerity are a testament to the quality of care you will receive. Dr. Guarino is careful in his choices of medicinal treatments, their benefits and risks, and he encourages the patient's involvement on being an integral part in determining what works best for them. If you have any concerns about anything pertaining to the problems you are experiencing, Dr. Guarino is thorough in his explanations of them. Dr. Guarino is very knowledgeable and that has made me feel confident and grateful for his guidance.
Dec 07, 2019
Very personable and knowledgeable. Also the most accommodating doctor I've ever met in my life. I highly recommend dr. Guarino.
Michael Joseph Roganti – Dec 07, 2019
Dr.Guarino was very helpful since the very beginning of my treatment. He teaches different ways to work with everything I'm going through. He understands humans, and treats the patient with respect and very high ethical standards. I always going to be thankful for finding Dr.Guarino as a professional care provider. Thanks for everything Dr. Gurino
E. Padilla – Nov 26, 2019
I have been working with Dr. Guarino for about a month now. I am amazed with how flexible and available he has been to me to make sure my medications are working well for me. I would definitely recommend him as he is very knowledgeable and available which is rare to find in a psychiatrist.
HP – Nov 11, 2019
Dr. Guarino has been extremely helpful in providing me with the tools to live my best life despite having Post Concussion Syndrome.. I have been seeing Dr. G for several years and my family and I really appreciate how much he continues to care for my well being. Dr. G is not about just getting paid by any means necessary. Dr. G really wants to help you live your best life. Thank you Dr. G.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dwayne Kennedy – Oct 02, 2019
I’ve been with Dr. Guarino for the past year. Came in looking for help after consulting so many other doctors and only after a year of treatment my life has become so much better. Dr. Guarino is a very professional and straight forward Dr. If you re looking for somebody that is truthful and straight to the point Dr. Guarino’s discipline will be the best thing that happens to you!!
Jp – Sep 12, 2019
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Guarino for about two years and highly recommend him! He’s extremely knowledgeable, professional, and experienced. I’ve had too many unfortunate experiences with other various medical professionals in my lifetime. But I feel very understood and comfortable with Dr. Guarino and his expertise. He takes the time to explain and converse while many other doctors I’ve seen have generally been dismissive of significant and relevant matters. He never fails to be a wonderful and accommodating doctor who genuinely cares.
Christina – Aug 21, 2019
Doctor. Guarino has been more than accommodating and steady minded with me since i started seeing him about half a year ago. He is always respectful and cognizant of my work scheduling. In addition, makes the time to care for my health, and mental stability. Lucky to of met a doctor who still cares for their patients the way Dr.Guarino does. 5/5 reccomended.
Byron T in Fairfax, VA – Jun 20, 2019
I was so lucky to get a referral to Dr. Guarino! Before meeting him, I was lost. I had visited a psychologist but did not feel supported, or even understood. My symptoms came and went but there was no real improvement. Dr. Guarino saw right through my issues and gave me direction. He really cares about patients, he is flexible with scheduling and always makes himself available. He goes above and beyond in caring for his patients. He even called me while he was on vacation to make sure I was fine! This that had never happened to me with any other physician. I totally recommend him.
May 02, 2019
Dr. Guarino is knowledgeable, professional, and caring. I left feeling positive and with a plan and the appropriate medications. I would give him 100 stars if I could and highly recommend him to anyone seeking care!
Mar 24, 2019
Wonderful
Feb 01, 2019
If you are struggling finding a solution for your depression and anxiety. I would highly recommend Dr. Guarino! I was seeing a previous psychiatrist who was keen on drownings my struggles with medications that were counteracting their effectiveness. I was stuck feeling stagnant for almost a year. I finally decided to seek out another Dr. with a more effective approach. I was referred to Dr. Guarino & I couldn’t be happier! I am off all 3 past meds. And now taking just one with results in <2 wks!
Oct 25, 2018

How was your experience with Dr. Guarino?

Clients deserve attention, respect and the best treatment available. They accepted on a CASH BASIS. I accept only AETNA International from World Bank/IMF/IDB. Evening and weekends available.

• Psychiatry