Dr. Walter Guarino, MD

Dr. Walter Guarino, MD

Psychiatry | Male

WALTER GUARINO, M.D. 501 Church St NE Ste 206 Vienna VA 22180 Get Directions

Clients deserve attention, respect and the best treatment available. They have access to my cell phone, are seen within 72 hours or less and accepted on a CASH BASIS. I accept only AETNA International/World Bank/IMF, CIGNA OF IDB/OAS/PAHO and Workmen's Compensation. Evening and weekends available.

Dr. Walter Guarino, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Vienna, VA. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 44 years.

Dr. Guarino's Experience

See how Dr. Guarino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guarino

Dr. Guarino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guarino to family and friends
Dr. Guarino's Performance
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one of the kindest and most knowledgeable psychologists I have ever encountered. His passion and expertise, treating our granddaughter have earned him our most profound respect. Coming from an abusive home situation which lasted for most of her life, she was near total mental ruin. He has taken her from being depressed, anxious, rebellious, physical to a kinder easier to deal young lady. Founding the right prescription to move her forward. We are delighted what he has done.
in Herndon VA |
He is an intelligent, friendly and quite knowledgeable. I was in a severe depression and He got me well in 3 weeks.
Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Guarino is great. I've been seeing him since October 2016. He is calm, personable, patient and forthcoming about my health and my treatment. He has made every effort to accommodate my work schedule and has been flexible if I needed to change an appointment. I would highly recommend him to family/friends.
in Woodbridge VA |
Dr. G has been helping me a lot with my anxiety and depression and has helped me find affordable ways to get my medications.
in McLean VA |
I hace a lot ofconfidence and he has seen me for a Year. A friend recommended him highly.
in Reston VA |
He took care if me twice and had eccellent results for the past 2 years. I thank him fir helping me get off the medication.
in Annandale, VA |
Dr. Guarino is very nice, he gave us a good deal on anti-depressants.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Guarino was recommended by a friend in a NAMI support group as someone who helped get a treatment-resistant family member onto necessary meds. I've been consistently impressed with Dr. Guarino's methods, accessibility, and willingness to listen to family members when many psychiatrists routinely shut them out. I've always been able to reach him; he even returns phone calls! (basically unheard of in medical circles). Scheduling is easy, his approach is kind and professional; he's excellent
in Northern VA |
I have been seeing Dr. G for six months, and he has helped me a lot. I was in a tough spot when I started with him, and he gave me an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan that has me feeling so much better. He has lots of experience, responds to texts and calls right away, is very flexible, and truly cares about his patients and making them well. He is a very good doctor, far above others I have seen. It wasn't an easy road, but I'm finally feeling good. I would definitely recommend him.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one the utmost adept professional Doctor we have had the pleasure of seeing. Besides having a great bedside manner, he is extremely astute and methodical in diagnosing and treating patients. He was able to correct a long standing issue with my daughter. He was even helpful providing assistance with obtaining medication economically. We are happy that he was able provide much needed help to my daughter. We are grateful for his expertise and compassion.
in Burke VA |
By far mthe best doctor I've visited in ages. Very attentive and just a great listener. I find it's very rare to encounter doctors of this caliber these days.
in Warrenton VA |
Our family has been with Dr. Guarino for over 15 years he is a trusted support and always there for our family specially in emergencies...hands down has saved our family in many ways.
Capitol Heights, MD |
I feel a lot better now! Dr. Guarino is great because he is available to talk 24/7. You can always call him in case of an emergency.
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Guarino is an amazing doctor. Responsive, caring, always available, and has been the only doctor that was able to help me in any way. Truly amazing.
in Alexandria VA |
He has seen me for 11 year and I am very satisfied bc Israel improcedente a lot.
in Washington, DC |
He has been very professional, a people person and has a very good heart, his diagnoses are quite accurate,I have seen none like him. Very compassionate. I could say much more. He help me graduate from GMU.
in Alexandria, VA |
He has been a marvelous psychiatrist for the past 13 years. He has taking care of several members of my family. I have no words to thank him. We survived thanks to him.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one of the few doctors I met who cares about his patients, truly. I had trouble finding an available doctor who could see me in a short amount of time. Not only was doctor Guarino available to answer on the phone but he helped me navigate through the prescription process for a complicated medication. Dr. Guarino has been wiling to accommodate and work with me on any issue. He's truly encouraging and trustworthy unlike many doctors for who you're just a number not a true patient.
in Great Falls, VA |
Dr. Guarino is so accommodating and helpful for whatever my needs are. He is professional and personable and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
in Vienna, VA |
Very helpful and professional.
in Maryland |
I was really sick,but never I thought than my problem was for depression. I had stomach ulcers for 2 years and cant never sleep. But I went someday to Doctor Guarino and he told me than i had depression and he gave me some medicine for that. Now I am 3 year with him. I am very healthy,no stomach ulcers, i sleep very good.
in Fairfax, VA |
I first met Dr. Guarino 24 years ago. I always held good regard for him but was terrified of medications and stigma. After a lifetime of struggling, I finally had enough and called him again. He is genuine, curious, compassionate, strong, truly non-judgemental, funny, intelligent in a way that he doesn't try to impress that on you, and I believe carries a sixth sense impression of people.
in Washington DC |
Dr Guarino saved my life. I was in a horrible depression for at least 8 months. An LPC botched my disability claim and I was at the end of my rope. He had my disability approved in 3 weeks and retroactive to 5 months. He also got me approved by the state too. I got so far $ 25,000. And I have a steady paycheck every week. He had given me the right treatment and I am not moving back to the West coast.
in Richmond, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. Guarino for about a year now. He has been very patient and helpful with me throughout my treatment and sees me on the weekends and evenings. He also always answers phone calls and texts with even his personal phone. He is a great doctor.
in Vienna, Virginia |
It is rare to meet a psychiatrist who is as warm and caring as Dr. Guarino. He is a lovely man. The treatments he prescribed me have been effective. I am so grateful to have found him, and would recommend him to anyone.
in Reston VA |
He has helped me so much. He is very kind and cordial. He always answers his phone.
in Reston VA |
He has Helped me so much in just 6 months. He is friendly, cordial and answers his phone always.
in Chantilly VA |
He is very good managing medications and got me out of a severe depression. He has seen me for 3 years.
in HerndonVA |
He is an excelent person. He is ver y friendly and knowleadble. I am Dominga very well For the Pastor 3 years
in HERNDON VA |
He is an excellent doctor. Very affable snd communicative. He has kept me stable for 1 year. He help my daughter too to get out of a much worse deoression.
in Alexandria VA |
He is an excellent Doctor. He has given me the right medications to control my Panic Disorder for 3 years.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a very responsive, caring and excellent doctor. He answers texts, phone calls and makes appointments to fit a patient's best needs. I have seen other psychiatrists in this area and Dr. Guarino is the best.
in Sterling, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a kind and compassionate man. I don't know of any doctor who is available by text and is there for you day and night. I've only been seeing him for a few weeks and he is already helping me. I'm so thankful to have found him!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr Guarino is a very compassionate and empathetic doctor that has taken a genuine interest in improving my condition. He doesn't treat you like you are just one of his many patients. He has given me his cell number and he responds to calls/texts in a very timely manner.
in Vienna VA |
He is an excelent doctor That has help me tremendously. His treatment has been very effective. He is kind.
in Reston VA |
He has been an excellent Doctor and help me in every aspect. He has been very flexible with the appointment changes. I would recommend him to everyone die to his knowledge and efficiency for the last 8 years.
in Sterling VA |
I was prostrated in bed due to my severe depression last May. I was hospitalized but stayed on his medications. I got better in 2months and function perfectly. He got me out of my nervous breakdown.
in Alejandría VA |
He help me through My depresión du ring My pregnancyy and I had no moré Problems
in VA |
He is a good person and doctor. Helping me a lot for the se last 3 year. Highly recommended
Greenbelt, MD |
Thank you so much, Dr. Guarino, for your help with our son. If not for you, my husband and I would not have had a fantastic week in Colorado together.
in Waldorf, MD |
Dr. Guarino is extremely accommodating. Appointments are easy to make and he will always figure out a way to work you. He listens really well and takes the time to explain and answer all questions. Two thumbs up!
in Arlington, VA |
A very good and understanding doctor who actually listens to you. I've been through a couple Doctors and he was the best at finding the right diagnosis and treatment for my depression and mood swings. Always available by cell in case of rx refills, questions, or emergencies unlike many other doctors. I highly, highly recommend if you need to see a psychiatrist/therapist. Dr. G is great!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a genuine, deeply caring, very understanding man who was there for me at a vulnerable and fearful time in my life. He is present, mindful, and works with me. He is also there to help work with my anxiety, and other emotions. I am lucky to have found him, someone whom I could work with and establish a positive and close relationship. I am recovering but am still with the Dr. Dr. G. has helped me get back on a healthy track with my school to help forward my career. Thank you!
in Reston VA |
He is an experienced Doctor. I was really sick when I met him and he has helped me since 2012. I am we satisfied with him and lead normal life.
in Vienna, VA |
Dr. Guarino is truly an exceptional person and psychiatrist. He goes above and beyond and always makes himself available to his patients. You can sense the depth of his knowledge and experience when interacting with him, and he thoughtfully answers questions and concerns. Dr. Guarino is trustworthy, passionate, positive, amusing and so much fun to be around.
in McLean, VA |
I was in and out of mental hospital with at least six doctors due to my three mental disorders until I met Dr. Guarino. He told me he would change my life if I saw only him. Well he did. And since 2012 have had a much more stable life. I even had a nightmare that he was retiring!!
in Virginia |
I found Dr. Guarino after a bad experience with another provider. After reading the reviews on HealthGrades.com, I decided to give his office a call to schedule an appointment. I was shocked to hear that it was Dr. Guarino himself who answered my phone call at around 7 in the evening. He was sympathetic to the situation I reported to him at the time, and told me to come into his office the following day. He truly goes above and beyond for his patients; he always answers calls no matter what.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a breath of fresh air. He is unlike any other doctor I have ever met. He treats his clients with respect and kindness. He listens and truly cares. He has worked with me to find a treatment plan that works for me. I have never met a doctor as caring and kind as Dr. Guarino. He has given me my life back and I can't express in words how much that means to me.
I have seen several doctors over the past ten years without much success. They all seemed to want to get me in and out as fast as possible and didn't seem to really listen to me and my concerns. I had given up on mental health care altogether. I recently experienced a loss in my life which led me to Dr. Guarino. He treats his clients as if they are family, and I feel confident in saying that he truly cares. He listens and works with you. He has helped me so very much, he is an incredible doctor.
He iz a good perdón ando doctor. He kept doing well forma a year.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Guarino, MD?
Are you Dr. Guarino?

Compare Dr. Guarino

Dr. Guarino's Care Philosophy

Dr. Guarino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

• ADAMHA (SAMHSA) Group Recognition Award, 1981
    • Medical Leadership Award- DC Rehabilitation Services, 1990

Dr. Guarino has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Guarino's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depression
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack

Universidad De La Republica, Facultad De Medicina

Graduated in 1973

Northern Va Mh Institute

Completed in 1977

Osimani & Llerena

Graduated in 1963

Dr. Guarino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guarino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry