Dr. Walter Guarino, MD

Dr. Walter Guarino, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Walter Guarino, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Vienna, VA. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 44 years.

501 Church St NE Ste 206

Vienna, VA 22180

Learn about Dr. Guarino

Dr. Guarino's Experience

Dr. Guarino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

This content was provided by Dr. Guarino "Clients deserve attention, respect and the best treatment available. They have access to my cell phone, are seen within 72 hours or less and accepted on a CASH BASIS. I accept only AETNA International/World Bank/IMF, CIGNA OF IDB/OAS/PAHO and Workmen's Compensation. Evening and weekends available."

• Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack

• Counseling Services
  • Medication Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Osimani & Llerena
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1963
  • Universidad De La Republica, Facultad De Medicina
    Medical School | Graduated 1973
  • Northern Va Mh Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1977

• ADAMHA (SAMHSA) Group Recognition Award, 1981
  • Medical Leadership Award- DC Rehabilitation Services, 1990

Dr. Guarino has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guarino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guarino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guarino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guarino to family and friends
Dr. Guarino's Performance
in Manassas Park, VA |
Dr. Guarino is very responsive in working with you
in Alexandria va |
I was so lucky to get a referral to Dr Guarino! Before meeting him, I was lost. I have visited a psychologist but did not feel supported, or even Understood. My symptoms came and went but there was no really improvement. Dr Guarino saw right through my issues and give me direction. He really cares about patients, is flexible with scheduling and always makes himself available for consultation. I highly recommend him!
arlington, va |
A phenomenal doctor who goes above and beyond for his patients. Very responsive to texts and calls and always willing to help out (he even offered to drive me to the metro to make my commute to his office easier). He is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me turn my life around when I was at my worst.
in Germantown MD |
He has been a really good doctor with excelent advice. Easy to talk to.
Ashburn, VA |
Dr. G is awesome!! Very easy to talk to and very understanding. Very willing to always help! My teenage son did very well after his therapy was complete! Highly recommended!!
Fairfax, VA |
I'm not even kidding you when I say this but Dr. Guarino is hands down one of the best psychiatrists I have ever met! He genuinely cares about his patients and goes above and beyond the expectations. He will do everything in his power to make sure you are okay! Super friendly and very knowledgeable! Simply love him!! You will not find another doctor like him!
in Manassas, VA |
I have been to several doctors for my issues and I have found Dr. Guarino to be the best choice for me. Dr. Guarino listens carefully and is very knowledgeable about my issues. He has a great gentle personality and makes me feel comfortable and secure in our meetings. I can call him if I have any questions or concerns and he is very quick to respond. I appreciate Dr. Guarino and I will recommend him highly.
in Herndon |
God could not gave a better doctor. It is a people's person. Reliable.Makes me feel part if a team. Reachable. I could have found. Better doctor . Will Face Time me when I need him or text me immediatly
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. G. has provided outstanding care to our teen: being available, listening attentively, answering our questions thoroughly, and always treating us with kindness.
in Fairfax, VA |
W/ no hesitation I believe Dr. Guarino is one of the best physicians in NOVA. He is attentive, flexible, professional, & goes above & beyond to accommodate my scheduling needs. He is well informed and up to date in the latest research. What I find most impressive and rare is his ability to allow me to share as little or as much as I am comfortable with, without ever making me feel rushed. In 2017 it is hard to find a psychiatrist w/skills of psychoanalysis that combines them w/pharmacotherapy.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Guarino has demonstrated to be a serious professional and also a very humane and friendly person. Dr. Guarino has always been available when urgently needed.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Guarino is awesome! The number one thing that shows a Doctor really cares is making themselves available for you when you need them - not based on office hours. He always responds to calls and messages right away and even takes late appointments - 6 pm. I highly recommend him!
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Guarino is a professional, punctual, and passionate mental health provider. He helped me when others wouldn't make time to see me and provided the health care I needed.
He's a great doctor and accommodating.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Guarino is very caring and has years of experience helping patients with depression.
in HERNDON VA |
He is an excellent doctor Very effective treatment for the pastt two years. Took good care of my daughter.
in Falls Church, VA |
Very effective treatment for my condition so I have been stable for over 5 years. I can always count on him. Best person and doctor. Very happpy with him.
in McLean Va |
I highly recommend Dr Guarino .. he is very kind, understanding, intelligent and has changed my life around with my add problem..he has always accommodated my appointments and makes me feel comfortable with my issues. I am so very grateful that he is my doctor.
in Annandale VA |
He has taken care if my wife for 12 years and he is highly proffesional. I would recommend him to anyone without limitations. He helped my wife recover from several severe depressive relapses and never needed a hospital ever. She had 3 previous hospitalizations before we met him.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Guarino is excellent, experienced, and importantly professional in his services. He greatly impacted my life with his diagnoses and treatments.
in Culpeper, VA |
Dr. Guarino not only helped me through a difficult period in my life, caused by previously undiagnosed medical issues, but also helped my family and how they were affected by the state of my mental health. He is one of the most understanding doctors that I have been too, and helped me get healthy and learn how to be happy in life.
in Reston, VA |
First time visiting a psychiatrist, searched online for quite some time. I'm very loyal in that I find someone that makes me feel comfortable and stay. Same barber, same dry-cleaner, same dentist, same tattoo artist. Now I can say that all these reviews are quite true, and I expect Dr. Guarino to be my last psychiatrist. Professional and willing to listen before telling you like it is. Makes subtle jokes as to calm an emotional situation. Excellent plan of action.
in Sterling, VA |
He's a great psychiatrist, always helpful! best doctor in northern virginia.
I've been a patient of Dr. Guarino's for a while and it took us a bit to find the right medication for me, but he was very persistent on my treatment. He is very flexible, understanding and overall the best doctor I've seen thus far.
in Falls Church, VA |
I was very sick and Dr. Guarino mad early me feel better with new meds in 48 hours.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one of the kindest and most knowledgeable psychologists I have ever encountered. His passion and expertise, treating our granddaughter have earned him our most profound respect. Coming from an abusive home situation which lasted for most of her life, she was near total mental ruin. He has taken her from being depressed, anxious, rebellious, physical to a kinder easier to deal young lady. Founding the right prescription to move her forward. We are delighted what he has done.
in Herndon VA |
He is an intelligent, friendly and quite knowledgeable. I was in a severe depression and He got me well in 3 weeks.
Chantilly, VA |
Dr. Guarino is great. I've been seeing him since October 2016. He is calm, personable, patient and forthcoming about my health and my treatment. He has made every effort to accommodate my work schedule and has been flexible if I needed to change an appointment. I would highly recommend him to family/friends.
in McLean VA |
I hace a lot ofconfidence and he has seen me for a Year. A friend recommended him highly.
in Reston VA |
He took care if me twice and had eccellent results for the past 2 years. I thank him fir helping me get off the medication.
in Annandale, VA |
Dr. Guarino is very nice, he gave us a good deal on anti-depressants.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Guarino was recommended by a friend in a NAMI support group as someone who helped get a treatment-resistant family member onto necessary meds. I've been consistently impressed with Dr. Guarino's methods, accessibility, and willingness to listen to family members when many psychiatrists routinely shut them out. I've always been able to reach him; he even returns phone calls! (basically unheard of in medical circles). Scheduling is easy, his approach is kind and professional; he's excellent
in Northern VA |
I have been seeing Dr. G for six months, and he has helped me a lot. I was in a tough spot when I started with him, and he gave me an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan that has me feeling so much better. He has lots of experience, responds to texts and calls right away, is very flexible, and truly cares about his patients and making them well. He is a very good doctor, far above others I have seen. It wasn't an easy road, but I'm finally feeling good. I would definitely recommend him.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one the utmost adept professional Doctor we have had the pleasure of seeing. Besides having a great bedside manner, he is extremely astute and methodical in diagnosing and treating patients. He was able to correct a long standing issue with my daughter. He was even helpful providing assistance with obtaining medication economically. We are happy that he was able provide much needed help to my daughter. We are grateful for his expertise and compassion.
in Burke VA |
By far mthe best doctor I've visited in ages. Very attentive and just a great listener. I find it's very rare to encounter doctors of this caliber these days.
in Warrenton VA |
Our family has been with Dr. Guarino for over 15 years he is a trusted support and always there for our family specially in emergencies...hands down has saved our family in many ways.
Capitol Heights, MD |
I feel a lot better now! Dr. Guarino is great because he is available to talk 24/7. You can always call him in case of an emergency.
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Guarino is an amazing doctor. Responsive, caring, always available, and has been the only doctor that was able to help me in any way. Truly amazing.
in Alexandria VA |
He has seen me for 11 year and I am very satisfied bc Israel improcedente a lot.
in Washington, DC |
He has been very professional, a people person and has a very good heart, his diagnoses are quite accurate,I have seen none like him. Very compassionate. I could say much more. He help me graduate from GMU.
in Alexandria, VA |
He has been a marvelous psychiatrist for the past 13 years. He has taking care of several members of my family. I have no words to thank him. We survived thanks to him.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Guarino is one of the few doctors I met who cares about his patients, truly. I had trouble finding an available doctor who could see me in a short amount of time. Not only was doctor Guarino available to answer on the phone but he helped me navigate through the prescription process for a complicated medication. Dr. Guarino has been wiling to accommodate and work with me on any issue. He's truly encouraging and trustworthy unlike many doctors for who you're just a number not a true patient.
in Great Falls, VA |
Dr. Guarino is so accommodating and helpful for whatever my needs are. He is professional and personable and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
in Vienna, VA |
Very helpful and professional.
in Maryland |
I was really sick,but never I thought than my problem was for depression. I had stomach ulcers for 2 years and cant never sleep. But I went someday to Doctor Guarino and he told me than i had depression and he gave me some medicine for that. Now I am 3 year with him. I am very healthy,no stomach ulcers, i sleep very good.
in Fairfax, VA |
I first met Dr. Guarino 24 years ago. I always held good regard for him but was terrified of medications and stigma. After a lifetime of struggling, I finally had enough and called him again. He is genuine, curious, compassionate, strong, truly non-judgemental, funny, intelligent in a way that he doesn't try to impress that on you, and I believe carries a sixth sense impression of people.
in Washington DC |
Dr Guarino saved my life. I was in a horrible depression for at least 8 months. An LPC botched my disability claim and I was at the end of my rope. He had my disability approved in 3 weeks and retroactive to 5 months. He also got me approved by the state too. I got so far $ 25,000. And I have a steady paycheck every week. He had given me the right treatment and I am not moving back to the West coast.
in Richmond, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. Guarino for about a year now. He has been very patient and helpful with me throughout my treatment and sees me on the weekends and evenings. He also always answers phone calls and texts with even his personal phone. He is a great doctor.
in Vienna, Virginia |
It is rare to meet a psychiatrist who is as warm and caring as Dr. Guarino. He is a lovely man. The treatments he prescribed me have been effective. I am so grateful to have found him, and would recommend him to anyone.
in Reston VA |
He has helped me so much. He is very kind and cordial. He always answers his phone.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Guarino, MD?
Are you Dr. Guarino?