Dr. Walter C. Guarino, MD

Dr. Walter C. Guarino, MD

Psychiatry | Male

WALTER GUARINO, M.D. 501 Church St NE Ste 206, Vienna, VA 22180 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Clients deserve attention, respect and the best treatment available. They have access to my cell phone, are seen within 72 hours or less and accepted on a cash basis. I accept Aetna International, CIGNA IDB, Aetna World Bank/IMF, Carefirst OAS/PAHO and Workmen's Compensation. Evening and weekends available.Read more

Dr. Guarino's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Guarino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guarino

Dr. Guarino's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guarino to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Guarino
Dr. Guarino's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (125)
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a very responsive, caring and excellent doctor. He answers texts, phone calls and makes appointments to fit a patient's best needs. I have seen other psychiatrists in this area and Dr. Guarino is the best.
in Sterling, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a kind and compassionate man. I don't know of any doctor who is available by text and is there for you day and night. I've only been seeing him for a few weeks and he is already helping me. I'm so thankful to have found him!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr Guarino is a very compassionate and empathetic doctor that has taken a genuine interest in improving my condition. He doesn't treat you like you are just one of his many patients. He has given me his cell number and he responds to calls/texts in a very timely manner.
in Vienna VA |
He is an excelent doctor That has help me tremendously. His treatment has been very effective. He is kind.
in Reston VA |
He has been an excellent Doctor and help me in every aspect. He has been very flexible with the appointment changes. I would recommend him to everyone die to his knowledge and efficiency for the last 8 years.
in Sterling VA |
I was prostrated in bed due to my severe depression last May. I was hospitalized but stayed on his medications. I got better in 2months and function perfectly. He got me out of my nervous breakdown.
in Alejandría VA |
He help me through My depresión du ring My pregnancyy and I had no moré Problems
in VA |
He is a good person and doctor. Helping me a lot for the se last 3 year. Highly recommended
Greenbelt, MD |
Thank you so much, Dr. Guarino, for your help with our son. If not for you, my husband and I would not have had a fantastic week in Colorado together.
in Waldorf, MD |
Dr. Guarino is extremely accommodating. Appointments are easy to make and he will always figure out a way to work you. He listens really well and takes the time to explain and answer all questions. Two thumbs up!
in Arlington, VA |
A very good and understanding doctor who actually listens to you. I've been through a couple Doctors and he was the best at finding the right diagnosis and treatment for my depression and mood swings. Always available by cell in case of rx refills, questions, or emergencies unlike many other doctors. I highly, highly recommend if you need to see a psychiatrist/therapist. Dr. G is great!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a genuine, deeply caring, very understanding man who was there for me at a vulnerable and fearful time in my life. He is present, mindful, and works with me. He is also there to help work with my anxiety, and other emotions. I am lucky to have found him, someone whom I could work with and establish a positive and close relationship. I am recovering but am still with the Dr. Dr. G. has helped me get back on a healthy track with my school to help forward my career. Thank you!
in Reston VA |
He is an experienced Doctor. I was really sick when I met him and he has helped me since 2012. I am we satisfied with him and lead normal life.
in Vienna, VA |
Dr. Guarino is truly an exceptional person and psychiatrist. He goes above and beyond and always makes himself available to his patients. You can sense the depth of his knowledge and experience when interacting with him, and he thoughtfully answers questions and concerns. Dr. Guarino is trustworthy, passionate, positive, amusing and so much fun to be around.
in McLean, VA |
I was in and out of mental hospital with at least six doctors due to my three mental disorders until I met Dr. Guarino. He told me he would change my life if I saw only him. Well he did. And since 2012 have had a much more stable life. I even had a nightmare that he was retiring!!
in Virginia |
I found Dr. Guarino after a bad experience with another provider. After reading the reviews on HealthGrades.com, I decided to give his office a call to schedule an appointment. I was shocked to hear that it was Dr. Guarino himself who answered my phone call at around 7 in the evening. He was sympathetic to the situation I reported to him at the time, and told me to come into his office the following day. He truly goes above and beyond for his patients; he always answers calls no matter what.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Guarino is a breath of fresh air. He is unlike any other doctor I have ever met. He treats his clients with respect and kindness. He listens and truly cares. He has worked with me to find a treatment plan that works for me. I have never met a doctor as caring and kind as Dr. Guarino. He has given me my life back and I can't express in words how much that means to me.
I have seen several doctors over the past ten years without much success. They all seemed to want to get me in and out as fast as possible and didn't seem to really listen to me and my concerns. I had given up on mental health care altogether. I recently experienced a loss in my life which led me to Dr. Guarino. He treats his clients as if they are family, and I feel confident in saying that he truly cares. He listens and works with you. He has helped me so very much, he is an incredible doctor.
He iz a good perdón ando doctor. He kept doing well forma a year.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr Walter Guarino I think may have saved my life prior to see him i was so manic and scared of open places, not to mention the problems i have with panic attacks and a broken family. He put things into perspective, for me not only by speaking fast like other doctorcs to just get you in and out, he listened and he listened well, I can honestly say after all the help from him I am doing exceptionally better than I was. Although I know it may be a long road ahead I am glad that have him by my side.
in Alexandria, VA |
He helped me with the therapy and medications. I have been well for a year.
He kept me atable for the lást 3 years
An excellent doctor that helped me to recover and become stable For the last 8 years.
I have been stsble for 10 years. I am very satisfied with th him and he is very fast.
I was,depressed for a year and I became stable by the 3d month. I have been well for 2 years with his samples he provudes me.
in Vienna, VA |
Doctor Gaurino is one of the most experienced and trust worthy doctors I have ever encountered. He actively listens to his patients needs and continuous to provide optimal solutions to the underlying issues his patients are experiencing. My life has changed drastically after seeing Doctor Gaurino and I am pleased to say the majority of my success as a student and investor can be attributed to the aid of Dr. Gaurino. Thank you Doctor Gaurino, from the bottom of my heart
in ALEXANDRIA |
He is a very good doctor. He help me with my illnes and I have been stable, living with my family and working for the last 4 years.
He heps people a lot. Knows the right medication to be used. He changed my life and helped my Workers Compensation case in a najor way.
He is an excellent doctor. He heñped me a lot.I am very satusfied with his treatment.
He is an excellent pdychiatrist. I don,t know what my life would be like without him.
He helped relieve my severe depresión for 6 months in just 2 weeks. He is very pleasant and I feel very confortable talking to him.
in Vienna, VA |
Very good and understanding Doctor. Is very nice and helped me with my mood swings and depression. Cares deeply about his patients and is also a great therapist. I highly recommend.
He was very helpful. An excellent Doctor aNswered all my question. Gave me confidence on his recommendations. He spent extra time to listen and to advise me.
VA |
It was quick to get an appointment and I felt at ease with Dr. Guarino.
Great, understanding, available 24 hours, takes special care of me.
He was the only doctor That helo my daughter. I would recommend anybody to come see him.I am very pleased with his services.
in Round hill, va |
Great experience! Very hands on!
He is an EXCELENT DOCTOR. My postpartum depression was gone in just 1 week.
He has bien a marvelos doctor. A great doctor. The Best thing that happened on my life. I wasin a real bad depresión and he fix me 1 week.
He relieved my depresión ando desire to ende MySpace life. He save The. Marriage too.he helped My Workmen's Compensación case
All the recommendations and his kindness have been great. He helped my Wormen's Compensation case significantly.
He héroes me a lot it has been great for my health
He made feel much better.
He hep me a lot. I am very satisfied with him.
I SAW A big change IN MY ILLNESS WITHIN 24 HOURS.
He changed my life 180 degrees. I thought I was going to die of depression before I met him. He is an excellent doctor
in Vienna, VA |
I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor. From the moment I spoke with him on the phone I instinctively knew he was the right doctor. He's absolutely wonderful. He listened to everything I had to say and not once made me feel uncomfortable. I spent a long time looking for a great doctor and I finally found him. I highly recommend him. He's the best!
in Vienna, VA |
Only had one visit. Prescription given was a high dose. I was never in medication and he prescribed too high dose for me. Also, tried to contact him, he answeredmy call once, and then the second time he said he would call me back but I am still waiting for a call back 6 months ago.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr.Guarino was very easy to schedule an appointment with. He spent a lot of time with me and was very concerned about how I was doing and how he could help me. I feel like he will be a psychiatrist that I can trust. He spent a lot more time with me than any other psychiatrist has in the past.
Have you seen Dr. Walter C. Guarino, MD?
Are you Dr. Guarino?

Compare Dr. Guarino

• Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy

Why It Matters: Dr. Guarino's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Medication Management
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Universidad De La Republica, Facultad De Medicina

Graduated in 1973

Northern Va Mh Institute

Completed in 1977

Osimani & Llerena

Graduated in 1963

• ADAMHA (SAMHSA) Group Recognition Award, 1981
    • Medical Leadership Award- DC Rehabilitation Services, 1990

Dr. Guarino has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guarino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guarino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Guarino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Guarino

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Guarino's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Guarino

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Guarino's Care Philosophy

Clients deserve attention, respect and the best treatment available. They have access to my cell phone, are seen within 72 hours or less and accepted on a cash basis. I accept Aetna International, CIGNA IDB, Aetna World Bank/IMF, Carefirst OAS/PAHO and Workmen's Compensation. Evening and weekends available.