Psychiatry  |
Dr. Walter Griffith Jr, MD
Dr. Walter Griffith Jr, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Saint Petersburg, FL. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Griffith Jr is affiliated with Saint Anthony's Hospital.

5565 Dr Martin Luther King Jr St S

Saint Petersburg, FL 33705

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Griffith Jr

See how frequently Dr. Griffith Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
high
Major Depressive Disorder
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Griffith Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med and Pub Hlth
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Griffith Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Griffith Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Griffith Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Griffith Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Griffith Jr to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Griffith Jr's Performance
in St Pete Beach, FL |
He didn't check sodium levels and had me on 2 meds both known for causing hyponatremia. Was admitted to hospital for IV sodium infusion, very ill. Apparently, regular blood work should have been done so he could monitor. My care was "terminated" via call from receptionist cancelling my upcoming appt after I'd called and brought up concerns. Such a disappointment because I trusted Dr. Griffith. It all ended so strangely, felt like being abandoned, still hurts. Watch your back if you do go.
in Pinellas Park, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Griffith as a psychiatrist. He has worked with me for many years to find and maintain a combination of medications that have taken me from being on disability to being self employed on a full time basis. He has helped me overcome major obstacles and "held my feet to the fire" in order to obtain the best possible mental health for me. Make no mistake: He will require you to put forth your best effort, but the reward is invaluable.
Largo, FL |
Dr. Griffith came highly recommended and for the first 6 months treatment seemed effective. But when my Bipolar 2 symptoms went through another swing, he seemed to ignore symptoms I reported at weekly appointments. He didn't adjust my medications during the 4 months as I slid into a deeper and finally suicidal depression. I ended up going to another psychiatrist who immediately increased my dosage, commenting that I was on very low doses. Dr. Griffith might work best with regular depression.
in Lakeland, FL |
I saw Dr. Griffith for about six years while in St. Pete. Much of my good health today I attribute to Dr. Walter Griffith. Cut him some slack, he will take the time needed with you. This is not a train depot. He is incredibly well educated at Ohio State and Cleveland Clinic. He is extreme!y bright, but he can pull it off without talking "down" to a patient. My experience tells me he is very competent. He is cordial and empathetic. Remember, this is not a social relationship.
in St Petersburg , FL |
Excellent Dr and friendly professional staff. I have a problem with too many "specialists" for various conditions prescribing conflicting opinions and medications. This lead to unnecessary side effects and ultimately depression. Dr. Griffith has helped me sort through this and keeps me on track.
in seminole, fl |
I love Dr. Griffith. He is a caring, compassionate doctor who truly cares about his patients. He has worked with me so I am getting better each and every day. Yes, you may have to wait when you get there for your appointment, and yes, the office phone is busy. If you give his great staff some time, they will take care of your needs.
St Petersburg, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Griffith for a few months and I love him! He is such a good Doctor, he listens to my needs and really try's to understand me. I almost always get in to see him within 10 minutes. I love his staff they always make me feel like family and they really have gone out of their way to make sure I was happy! I was seeing another Doctor for 2 years and I felt awful they tried changing my medicine and nothing worked, but within the first visits of Dr. Griffith I felt like myself.
Tampa, FL |
I am a current patient of Dr. Griffith and have been seeing him for more than 5 years, through many stressful and difficult phases of my life. He is a skilled, knowledgeable, thoughtful and caring physician who remembers me and the trigger points causing my problems. He is cautious about prescribing medications and follows closely with me about what is working and what isn't and acts accordingly. Although, he often runs late, this is understandable because I see him at the end of the day.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I've seen Dr Griffith for six years. He's worked with me through a serious depression. After I had regained stability he was able to correctly diagnose my mental health needs. He's interactive in his treatment. He always listens to what I feel is happening with my body and how I see my treatment plan. I know he's brought me to a stable level where I can comfortably enjoy my life.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr Griffith is an exceptionally thoughtful, compassionate and caring physician. He has been a life saver during major trauma such as the death of my husband. He has accurately diagnosed and treated me for depression in the most successful way. I am healthier than I have ever been. Thank you Dr. Griffith.
in St. Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Griffith has been very supportive and encouraging of me throughout significant life changes (divorce and health issues). His belief that my health issues were not psychosomatic led me to finally get an accurate diagnosis and treatment for a tumor. He is open to treatment options that would benefit the patient (counselors, life/career coaches, and holistic medicine such as massage and acupuncture). Ultimately, patient care and improvement of health is always a priority.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I started seeing Dr Griffin about 4 years before. Dr Griffith is personable and the staff is excellent. I will gladly refer him to anyone that needs a good psychiatrist, I have been very pleased. He cares about me, and if there is any thing I am going thru he does a thorough assessment, takes time on me, and does what is needed to keep me level and positive. He is an excellent Dr.
in St. Petersburg, Florida |
Dr. Griffith is an exceptionally caring, knowledgeable, and experienced psychiatrist. I have been seeing him for about 4 years. Dr. Griffith takes the time to listen and explains the benefits and drawbacks of various treatment regimens. I would be remiss if I also didn't state how wonderful his staff are. He would not be able to have such a smooth running practice without the very capable assistance of: Cassie #1 (Dr. G's wife); Cassie #2 (but not 2nd in any other respect); and Erin.
in Safety Harbor, FL |
Excellent Doctor , was able to pin point and assist with sound technique . The staff is great and polite . Super nice guy and very good at what he does . He is an extremely relatatable Doctor with great sense of direction and advise .
in Tampa, FL |
People's comments about him always running late is SO true. I've always waited at least 30 minutes and the last visit was an hour! No apology or explanation given! He barely looks at you and is always typing on his computer. He does not help solve problems. He just writes prescriptions and only enough to get you by a month or two so that you are dependent on continuing to visit...more money for him, less for you, and he still doesn't help!
St Petersburg, FL |
There is no way to contact Dr. Griffith after in case of emergency. You never get a live person when you call, you always have to leave a voicemail, and even after stating that it is important to get a same day call back, that frequently does not occur.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Friendly enough, but poor bedside manner. Cautious about dosages, but doesn't always discuss potential side effects. Office is very hard to contact. Long waits.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Doctor Griffith is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He takes the time with you to hear what you're saying and not a pill pusher. The people who are complaining should just go to their appointments and they would have no problems!
St Petersburg, FL |
45 minute wait for appointments. He does not look at you and does not answer questions. Rude, young and unprofessional staff that overcharges you, thinking they know your co-payment better than you do.
St. pete |
Discourteous, unkind, he and staff don't return calls, won't speak to patient unless pay for and come,in for visit.
in Saint Petersburg |
If I could give less than 1 star, I would. This Dr. Is NEVER on time, even first thing in the morning. No consideration for anyone else's time or scheduled appointments.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Griffith Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Griffith Jr?