Dr. Walter Duffy, MD

Dr. Walter Duffy, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Walter Duffy, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Lincoln, NE. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Duffy is affiliated with Fillmore County Hospital and Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center.

5539 S 27th St

Lincoln, NE 68512

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Duffy

See how frequently Dr. Duffy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Duffy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mania
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • D D Eisenhower Army Med Center
  • Med College Of Ga Hospital and Cli

Dr. Duffy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Duffy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duffy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duffy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duffy to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Duffy's Performance
Lincoln, NE |
I scheduled regular appointments for 18 months with Heather Nielsen N.P. During this time she prescribed about 8 different kinds of medication that were all ineffective. After questioning her judgment today, during my latest appointment, she suggested that I look for treatment elsewhere. Allivation Health is nothing but a prescription-writing facility. It is led by Dr. Duffy, a psychiatrist who does not see his patients enough to make an accurate diagnosis.
Lincoln NE |
I went here for years. I actually credited them with saving my life multiple times. I was seen there the end of June 2017,& when I went to make my next appointment (approx. 3 weeks later), the receptionist informed me I had been terminated from their office due to my bill. When I asked why I had not received a letter or a phone call, She told me that they had sent me a letter and it was returned. I had to go off an antidepressant cold turkey and ended up in the hospital.
in Rural Nebraska |
I highly recommend Dr. Duffy in terms of psychiatric care. I cannot speak to the effectiveness of all of the staff underneath him, although many if not most of them are more than helpful when requested. Nowhere is part of the U.S. are facilities available with the capabilities that are had in Dr. Duffy's facility, Premier Psychiatric. In addition to basic psychiatry services, a whole array of alternative options are available for those that are unable or unwilling to medicate.
in Valley, NE |
Very good Salesman!
in Lincoln, NE |
This is my third year at premier psychiatry and I've seen Dr Duffy once and only because the nurse practitioner required his authorization. This is my only interaction with him and it lasted 15 seconds therefore I cannot objectively review him. The key to success with any issue that is as important as one's being is to find the root cause of the problem and work with the therapists, at premier or elsewhere, and use medication as the bridge. These reviews are "quick fix" personal issues; IMO.
Lincoln, NE |
Specifically scheduled out to make sure I got to see Dr. Duffy. Arrived for my appointment and was told he was at the Omaha office for the day. Was told not to worry as all records are kept on their computer system. Met with a different provider who spent a majority of the time reading notes on computer. Very awkward experience.
in Gretna, NE |
We drove an hour to see him, based on a recommendation from a physician we respect. Not only did we NOT even see Dr. Duffy, with whom we had an appointment, they assigned us to an associate who was putting in his last day. Obviously Dr. Duffy does not need our business as he couldn't even be bothered to see us at our first appointment. See someone else.
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Duffy and his staff talk down to you and make you feel as if you are stupid. There are difficult to make appointments with and are not willing to give leeway on giving refills to last a patient until their scheduled appointment making the patient involuntarily go withdrawal from their mental health medication. The practice itself is a mess. So many of his providers have left that I have seen a different one at every appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Duffy, MD?
Are you Dr. Duffy?