Dr. Walter Choate, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Walter Choate, MD
Dr. Walter Choate, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Luke AFB, AZ. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

Dr. Choate's Experience

See how Dr. Choate's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Choate

Dr. Choate accepts 2 insurance carriers

Dr. Choate's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Choate to family and friends
Dr. Choate's Performance
Portland, OR |
I would like to shared my experience with being treated by Dr. Choate while he practice at Luke Air Force Base. I has a very bad injury to my right ankle. He has a great bed side manner and reassured me numerous times that I would recover from this injury. I also had pain control issues which were immediately taken care of via phone. As a health care professional myself I really appreciated the extra he took with my to calm me down. I would referral others with orthopedic injuries to him.
in Peoria, AZ |
Great surgical and medical skills with an unbelievalbly positive bedside manner. This is rare for surgeons today. Called me at home multiple times to check on me after my shoulder surgery. He genuinely cares about his patients and puts their needs first.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Fantastic surgery outcomes on two seperate occassions...right shoulder and left clavicle. Excellent surgical operations, follow-on care and physical therapy referrals/support. Explained procedures thoroughly and addressed my concerns, discussed procedure using x-rays and other visual aids.
in Mesa, Arizona |
Dr. Choate is a competent Ortho Doctor with an outstanding bedside manner in addressing any and all concerns of the patient. Superior medical expertise and precision even in difficult Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) surgery and both pre and post-op care. Excellent turn around time conderning physical therapy referrals and any questions in between visits.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Outstanding Physician and Surgeon. I had a distal radial fracture and originally did not want surgery. Dr Choate worked with me to reset the fracture; however without a plate and screws I would not have the full function of my wrist. He convinced me to proceed with surgery and I am glad I did.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Choate is young, but very skilled doctor. My previous doctor was not friendly and seemed not care about my shoulder problem, but Dr. Choate listened to me and performed right rotator cuff surgery for me. Because of his great care my shoulder is in good condition today. He is the best doctor I have ever met, and I recommend him to anyone.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Choate has been a fantastic provider. From my first consultation, to surgery and post-operative appointments, Dr. Choate has been attentive, accommodating of my schedule and understanding when I called/e-mailed him one too many times with questions. He conducts an evidence-based practice, which is extremely important and has always been willing to openly discuss the plan of care with me. I was very blessed to receive care from Dr. Choate!
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr Choate renewed my faith in doctors. I was not just another patient passing through. He was compassionate in explaining my procedure. Very helpful in my recovery. I felt as if he was treating me the same as he would a family member. Any hospital would be blessed to have him on their staff.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Choate has Repaired both of my Shoulders. While I had several reservations about surgical repair of my shoulders, Dr. Choate managed to mitigate nearly all concern in the appointment with his professional knowledge, his amiable personality and his genuine caring nature. His bedside manner is tantamount to his meticulous surgical method. He Makes himself very accessible days and even weeks after surgery. Dr. Choate truly is the complete package Orthopedic Doctor that you can trust.
in Sun City, AZ |
I have never had a doctor like Dr. Choate. At my first visit, he had viewed the X-rays and MRI, listened carefully, asked questions then made and discussed recommendations. I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Choate called me at home several times to follow-up. What Dr. does that?? Not only a good surgeon, Dr. Choate shows compassion and caring in all interactions. I always felt my treatment was a collaborative effort. The surgery was a success and couldn't be happier with Dr. C.'s care.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr Choate performed a knee replacement for me last year. He is one of the most professional, compassionate doctors I have ever had. If you need any orthopedic work done and you have the opportunity to have Dr Choate as your doctor thank the stars above, you got the best!!
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr. Choate is an exceptional surgeon! He diagnosed a need for a hip replacement 2 years ago, in which I was resistant to the solution until I could barely move with the pain I inflicted upon myself. Dr. Choate informed me on every surgical detail, precautions and performed the operation with flawlessly. Two weeks since the surgery and already a significant improvement. He totally EXCEEDED my expectations with all aspects of care. Will eternally be grateful, already a better quality of life!
in Glendale, AZ |
Very professional, excellent Dr. The procedure I had with Dr. Choate, was explained from start to finish, what would happen before, during and after, this really put my mind to rest. Class act, I would refer all my friends and family member to him. Thank you Dr. Choate for great service.
in Phoenix, AZ |
If you have the extreme good fortune to come under the care of this extraordinary doctor, you will be impressed first with his professional approach and caring demeanor. Then, it will soon be apparent that he is a brilliant and gifted young man who is a methodical and meticulous surgeon and practitioner. AT ALL TIMES, I was respected and treated like I was the only patient in his universe. I have been in health care for more than 40 years and can sadly only count on one hand those like him.
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr. Choate was the right choice when deciding who should repair my ACL & meniscus. As w/ any major surgery (this being my 1st) I asked around & my friends in the AF medical community said he was one of the top surgeons in the AF & not to worry. Pre & Post OP was all very informative and all my worries were quickly put to rest. He has been very attentive during my rehab and even calls past duty hours to make sure everything is going according to plan and that all of my concerns are addressed.
in Sun City West, AZ |
I never have to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes in the waiting. Dr. Choate is knowledgeable, explains condition and prognosis .He is always friendly and listens to my questions and concerns.
in Avondale, AZ |
I have been treated by Dr. Choate for the past several years. He initially helped me through a failed meniscal repair and most recently through huge rotator cuff tear and biceps tendonesis. This is the orthopaedist for you! You will NOT be disappointed. Knowledgeable, skilled, very personable and caring. Hard to find physicians with all these attributes! Worst part is he is leaving local area and I am going to have to find a new orthopaedist He going to be hard to replace. Good luck Doc!!!!
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Choate treated me on two separate occasions for frozen shoulder syndrome--first on the left and then on the right. He correctly diagnosed my condition very quickly and then prescribed the exact right treatment. He was very professional and kind.
in El Mirage, AZ |
I had a fracture foot when I first met Dr. Chaote. He explained the options of how it could be worked on. They were both surgical and non surgical methods. He also explained the pros and cons of each option, and how long it might take to heal. I made my choice. Dr. Choate did his work without any problem. I am all healed up now. I had a lot of visits with him. However they were mostly to check up my healing progress.
in Surprise, AZ |
Very informative, took time to answer my questions and explain what I needed to know in terms I could understand.
in Avondale, AZ |
The experience with Dr. Choate was positive and rewarding. He addressed all questions and responded in a timely manner. He is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. I would refer him to others who were in need of the same type of surgery.
in Avondale, AZ |
Over the last few years, Dr. Choate has treated me for knee problems and De Quervain's Syndrome. First, he is a completely involved and caring physician. Every time I visit, I feel as though I am his only patient. Second, his medical exams and questions about my condition are thorough and professional. And third, when administering shots into my knees and performing surgery for my De Quervain's, he was excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Choate as a medical professional. He truly cares.
in Waddell, AZ |
would definitely recommend Dr.Choate to anyone. Love his presonnality and professionalism. The experience was very easy and I thank Doctor Choate for giving me back my quality of life
in Peoria, AZ |
fixed my knee, couldn't be happier.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr Choate is a wonderful surgeon. I required two knee replacements and he did both surgerys for me. He is always professional and willing to help. His bedside manner is wonderful, he always puts me at ease and has great advice. He was always available for me, even on short notice. Anyone who is lucky enough to have him as their doctor should consider themselves very blessed. I am very grateful to him for taking such excellent care of me through this tough time.
Have you seen Dr. Walter Choate, MD?
Are you Dr. Choate?

Compare Dr. Choate

Dr. Choate's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

UNIV OF TN HLTH SCI CTR

Graduated in 2007

Ochsner Foundation Hospital

Completed in 2012

Dr. Choate does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Choate and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine