Dr. Wallace H. Chang, MD

Dr. Wallace H. Chang, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Plastic/Reconstructive Srgns 17930 Talbot Rd S, Renton, WA 98055 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

The doctrine of the Chief of Surgery at the Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital on the first day of my surgical residency made an indelible impression on my philosophy of patient care and has remained with me for the past 50 years. "In the course of your medical career, when it comes to doing something for the welfare of your patients versus your convenience, there shall never be any question regarding the priority." I have lived that command all my professional career; I have approached the indications for surgery and the procedures I recommend to all my patients as if they were my immediate family.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Chang's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Chang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chang has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chang to family and friends
based on 2 total surveys
Experience with Dr. Chang
Dr. Chang's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (2)
Dr. Chang Says:

Our office and my associates guard the confidentiality of all our patients, regardless of the types of surgeries performed.

We seek to improve our services to all our patients, with periodic internal inspections and reviews.  We welcome comments and suggestions from our patients through their feedback.

One physician is on call 24/7 and can be reached through our office during...

Have you seen Dr. Wallace H. Chang, MD?

• Plastic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Chang's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

Dr. Chang says..

I have spent my entire professional career involved with the education of young plastic surgeons, as Professor and Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Chief of Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital until my relocating to the Pacific Northwest.  I continue to train plastic surgery residents withing the Division of Plastic Surgery at University of Washington.  I have been involved as an Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the organization that confers Board Certification to all qualified plastic surgeons.  I have served on the Ethics Committee of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, a committee that oversees the Code of Ethics for members of the Society.

I am committed to the highest quality of diagnosis and practice of state-of-the-art surgery in all reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery conditions.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Absent Breasts and Nipples
  • Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Panniculitis
  • Ruptured Tendon
  • Skin Laxity
  • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis

Dr. Chang says..

Please refer to the two previous comments.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Duke University

University Pittsburgh Health Center

Completed in 1970

Duke University

Graduated in 1959

Dr. Chang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Chang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Washington not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Chang

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Chang's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Chang

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Chang says...

Dr. Chang received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in General Surgery at Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and Plastic Surgery at University of Pittsburgh. Prior to relocating to Renton, Dr. Chang was Professor and Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Massachusetts Medical School from 1971-1982.

Dr. Chang has a special interest in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast and hand surgery.

He is past-presidents of the Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Association for Hand Surgery and is involved with the residency-training program and holds the appointment of Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine.  Dr. Chang is a Senior Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Dr. Chang devotes several weeks every year volunteering on plastic surgical missions to foreign countries, including Mexico, Philippines, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and China performing reconstructive surgery on children with cleft lip and palates.

Dr. Chang's Care Philosophy

I have lived that command all my professional career;  I have approached the indications for surgery and the procedures I recommend to all my patients as if they were my immediate family.

Dr. Chang says...

Please refer to the two previous comments.

Dr. Chang says...

One physician is on call 24/7 and can be reached through our office during office hours or through our 24/7 answering service.