Dr. Adam Shoman, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Adam Shoman, MD
Dr. Adam Shoman, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Hoboken, NJ. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Shoman is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center.

Dr. Shoman's Care Philosophy

"I am proud to provide my patients with the best in medical technology, treatment options and patient comfort. It is my pleasure to address all your health questions and concerns." Dr. ADAM SHOMAN

Dr. Shoman's Experience

See how Dr. Shoman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shoman

Dr. Shoman accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Shoman is now accepting new patients
    93-95 Hudson St
    Hoboken, NJ 07030
    (201) 342-7002Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shoman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shoman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shoman to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Shoman's Performance
    in Bayonne, NJ |
    Dr. Shoman is truly one of a kind. He answered all of my questions on my first visit. Now 9 months later, he was there to deliver my daughter and I couldn't have been happier. He was patient and understanding. I was in labor for nearly 28 hours and he was there to check on me periodically. He reassured me time after time and when I felt like giving up, he encouraged me. He is truly the best doctor!
    in Fort lee, NJ |
    Dr. Shoman is a fabulous obstetrician.He was my doctor during pregnancy and delivered my healthy baby boy via cesarean section at Hackensack Hospital.My surgery was a success and went smoothly.Recovery was very fast too.Dr.shoman is very knowledgeable, professional, sincere, genuine and makes you feel very comfortable.Ifelt at ease with Dr. Shoman and trusted him completely throughout my entire pregnancy.He is a wonderful individual who really cares for his patients and has a passion for his job
    in Clifton, NJ |
    With all the glowing reviews for Dr. Shoman, it is hard to come up with new ways to express admiration and respect. His professionalism and experience are evident, they are shared without pretense. I had my first child with him back in 2015 and had the most amazing experience! He was very thorough, very patient in explaining everything and accommodating. I had nothing but great things to say about him and his staff! Currently I am pregnant with twins and of course Dr.Shoman is my OB doctor!!!!!!
    I gave birth to my second child last week. I had a different OB for my first child and he is no longer practicing in the area so I did some research and came across Dr. Shoman. I could not be happier with my decision. He was amazing since day one. Anytime I had a question or was sick and needed advice he was just a phone call away. You can tell he is passionate about his career. During the pregnancy, labor and even after birth he was so professional and caring. Highly recommend him!
    in Passaic, NJ |
    I came to Dr Shoman in my 5th month of pregnancy since I was not happy with my earlier doctor. Right from the first visit I realized choosing Dr. Shoman was a very good decision. He is friendly and patient taking time to answer each and every query of yours. During the labor process he was in constant touch with us explaining each and every step that was going on in the hospital which was very comforting esp since I m a first time mom.
    in 07601 |
    Best Doctor in the World? If I were a betting woman, I would bet on this. Dr. Shoman’s bedside manner made me feel safe, secure and gave me faith when I had doubts. He always reassure me everything would be ok by explaining the course of action he would take before it was taken. He thoroughly explained every process and procedure from start to finish. thank you Dr shoman
    in 07030 |
    I am sure, my review would be one of the many hundred of 5 star reviews given to Dr.shoman . It was our greatest luck that we got transferred to Dr.Shoman from our family doctor, and because of him I have a beautiful family. He is the kindest, caring , jovial man and most experienced doctor I have ever met. Thanking him a million times wouldn't be enough for what he has done for us. Thank you all and God bless!
    Weehawken, NJ |
    I went to see Dr. Shoman because I've been experiencing some unusual side effects of my Mirena IUD, so I wanted to have it taken out. Instead of listening to my issues with the Mirena and helping me find a solution he told me that I "shouldn't be having side effects". So, to reassure me that everything is just in my head like the silly girl I am, he wrote me a prescription for Prozac. Wow, what a gem of a doctor!
    we believe that every patient has a choice to choose from within the options available to her. this whole story does not make sense and this is not what our doctor and practice believe in. all our patients know that very well.
    in 07030 |
    This doctor is amazing. I left my previous doctor to go to him because of the great experiences my friends have had with him. He is very kind and soft spoken. Extremely knowledgeable and thorough when explaining things to his patient. You feel as thought you have a relationship with your doctor not a doctor. I recommend him to anyone but especially to someone who wants a doctor who knows his patience one by one.
    Fantastic doctor! I was Dr Abdelghani's patient from the start of my pregnancy through to after the delivery of my healthy baby boy. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring, approachable, answered all our questions with patience and compassion, and on the occasions I needed to reach him out of hours was responsive and helpful. I planned for and achieved a drug free natural birth and Dr Abdelghani was supportive , motivating and respectful throughout the entire pregnancy, birth and recovery.
    in Jersey city , NJ |
    Dr. Shoman is the BEST !!!! I was lucky to have him for both of my pregnancies.I deliver last month and I had the best safest vaginal delivery ever . From the beginning, I felt like nothing could go wrong, or undetected while under his care. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Shoman . As I am not planning on having more children,it actually saddens me to know that I will not see him more often , except for my Annual visits . If you read this Dr. Shoman , thank you very much again !!!!!!
    in Upper saddle river , NJ |
    Excellent Doctor!!!!! This was my first pregnancy ( 28 weeks) and I'm glad I chose Dr. Shoman as my OBGYN doctor. He's very knowledgeable, patient, funny and knows how to ease down my fears and answer all my questions - even the most stupid ones. He has a great sense of humor and a perfect professional attitude. Highly recommend him !!!!!!
    in Hoboken, NJ |
    I delivered my baby in June 2016 with Dr. Shoman. He answered all our questions and I did not feel rushed when meeting with him. His staff delivered superb administrative support; I never had to wait long - unlike many other OBGYN offices. Highly recommend him.
    in Ft Lee, NJ |
    Dr. Shoman is a great doctor and the whole staff and are very sweet . They see you in quickly and takes an ultrasound of you every visit. He always talks to you in his office after every visit if you have any questions concerns and has a website where you can ask questions and he'll respond back. He really takes no research chances make sure that you or your child will be safe it's so nice to see a Doctor Who truly cares. He really was there for us during my pregnancy. High risk doctor.
    in jersey city |
    Dr Shoman is the best doctor in jersey city. He delivered my daughter 18 months ago. He listens to your every question patiently and answers them. i always felt me and my baby are in safe hands. Even his staff is very nice and generous. I am very thankful to Dr shoman, to have him as my doctor during my pregnancy & delivery.
    in Jersey City, NJ |
    I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Adam Shoman during my second pregnancy. He answers all questions and he is available on phone as well if needed in emergency. The staff is remarkably nice and the facility is super clean!
    in Hackettstown, NJ |
    Dr. Shoman is the most knowledgeable Doctor I have seen, after an extensive search of interviewing different professionals. He is keenly aware of different technological advances in the industry and educated on using them. He made me feel very comfortable and I highly recommend Dr. Shoman to anyone where trust in your doctor is your priority. The office staff also went above and beyond to accommodate all of my needs.
    in Palisades Park, NJ |
    He is the best OBGYN I have met. My 2nd child was a c-sec. Dr. Shoman was my OBGYN. He was great. Answered all my questions patiently every time, addressed all my fears and concerns always. My pregnancy went smooth under his guidance as well as my c-sec and recovery. I highly recommend him.
    Dr. Shoman is kind, caring, knowledgeable, and I honestly feel lucky that he is my ob. I could go on and on but the only to find out for yourself is to go and see for yourself. This is my second pregnancy with Dr. Shoman and I am thrilled that he his my doctor again. I refer him to anyone and everyone, even my friends who are only considering becoming pregnant.
    in Jersey City, NJ |
    I thought I found a great caring dr however after attempting to make an appt to have birth control implant removed, I was notified that he is only seeing pregnant women. He never notified his current patients of this. I am having serious issues with the implant making me very ill and after calling 20 other doctors in my area and finding no one who could remove it, I called back begging them to please ask him to do this. After reading a review he now refuses to remove it! Obviously uncaring
    Have you seen Dr. Adam Shoman, MD?

Dr. Shoman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shoman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
    • Mastodynia
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Miscarriages
    • Postpartum Depression
    • Preeclampsia
    • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Urinary Disorders

Morristown Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1999

Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Completed in 2003

Dr. Shoman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shoman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
    • C-Section
    • Colporrhaphy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Rh Incompatibility Screening
    • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
    • Syphilis Screening
    • Tubal Ligation
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC