Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 35

Dr. Sivakumar

Pacific Neuroscience Institute Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

4201 Torrance Blvd Ste 520 Torrance, CA 90503

Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Torrance, CA and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine in 2010 and specializes in neurosurgery, oncology, and more.

Dr. Sivakumar accepts

Dr. Sivakumar accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet
Caremore Medical Group
Health Net
HealthCare Partners
MetLife

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Sivakumar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Brain Disorders

Dr. Sivakumar treats Brain Disorders more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Sivakumar treats this condition more than 55% of his peers

Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Sivakumar performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 48% of his peers

Dr. Sivakumar performs this procedure more than 48% of his peers

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chordoma
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Medulloblastoma
  • Melanoma
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Cancer
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Urinary Disorders

Dr. Sivakumar applies the keyhole concept, utilizing advanced neuroimaging and microsurgical techniques to minimize collateral damage to the brain.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Sivakumar?
Dr. Sivakumar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Sivakumar did a lumbar decompression for my 89 year-old father. He carefully explained all the risks and benefits. He showed great patience in answering questions. The surgery is a success and we are very grateful to Dr Sivakumar.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
I came in for a consult with Dr. Sivakumar after a lot of research on providers and neurosurgeons, and I really could not be more grateful that I found him. As expected, he is extremely qualified, meticulous, comprehensive in his delivery, but also is a great guy - a consummate professional who really took the time to answer all of our questions, providing easy to digest detail and an open dialog around my condition and treatment plan. His office team is just as professional, detail-oriented, and helpful. My surgery and recovery went as well as we could have hoped, and my incision has healed well also. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Sivakumar and the entire team at Pacific Neuroscience Institute.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sikakumar is great! I had a pituitary macroademona tumor. He was incredible supportive while I went through various medications to treat it until ultimately I needed to have surgery. The surgery went flawlessly. He's kind, professional, and someone who will listen to your concerns. Can't recommend enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sivakumar saved my aunt's life. Other doctors had diagnosed her with only AFIB, but Dr. Sivakumar and his team dug deeper into the MRIs to find other areas that needed immediate attention and he operated on her carotid artery to stop further strokes. He sat with us and was patient and thorough with all of our questions and concerns. He continues to treat my aunt with kindness and pays close attention to any potential stroke symptoms. He encourages her and makes her feel important. We were all very impressed with his brilliance and bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sivakumar and his staff in Torrance are the greatest. He gave the most detailed information about my pituitary tumor, what the surgery would entail, who would be involved, and my recovery. The follow up is terrific. He didn't mind that on any visit I brought my extra pair of 'ears' (friends who would help me listen to all that was happening to my brain). He is so very knowledgeable about brain tumors, traumatic incidents, and stroke as well. I would recommend him and Pacific Neuroscience Institute to anyone who has any type of brain issue going on and wants the Best in the West
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sivakumar saved my life. He is extremely knowledgeable about neuroscience. I have a genetic condition called Cavernous Angioma (CMM). He was well aware of my condition and walked me through my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
This is exactly 4 weeks post op laminectomy with Dr Sivakumar. I really enjoyed my 40 minute walk/jog this morning. I was barely walking around the block with a cane prior to surgery for 3 months. My MRI revealed a moderate to severe L-4/L-5 stenosis with a bulge in the disc. My referral with my SCAN HMO was to see Dr. Sivakumar. I worked 35 years in a local hospital. This office staff is the best I've ever seen. The receptionists, office coordinator,(sorry names n/a), PA Kathleen are the mos
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Excellent! As a his patient, this is how I rate Dr. Sivakumar. I was in excruciating pain due to my medical condition in my spine, I wanted to avoid surgery at all costs. His clear and thorough approach helped me feel at ease and confident in choosing an alternative treatment. He even called me at home to explain it once again and was very responsive to my all questions. I have to say the treatment went well and I've successfully recovered. Thank you to him and his entire team!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
we met Dr. Sivakumar in the ED. LOVED him at first sight. His bedside manner is impeccable and his ability to relay vital information was refreshing. Very thorough and kind, compassionate and intelligent. He came in, took my sisters case by the horns and handled the business. My sister is alive, walking and talking because of his intervention. Eternally grateful. His office staff is top notch as well. No complaints.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Walavan Sivakumar did an Exceptional Job of Explaining the Problem and the Options Available. With a View of the MIR Imaging Dr. Wally Made the Complicated Understandable in a Simple and Concise Way. When Dr. Wally Grasped Rosemary's Hand. He Exposed Himself as a Caring and Compassionate Man and All Our Fears Disapated Into The Wind. Dr. Wally is Truly a Star. The Crainiotomy Went Fine. Thank You and GOD Bless You Dr. Wally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Sivakumar and his staff. Having been diagnosed with a brain aneurysm, I was looking for a neurosurgeon near my home. I have visited the office twice and always feel welcome, listened to, cared for, never rushed. Dr. Sivakumar is patient in explaining issues and is truly a caring, compassionate, brilliant professional. I could not be more blessed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
After being diagnosed with a vestibular schwannoma (brain tumor), Dr Sivakumar was recommended to me by my primary physician. I was comfortable the minute I met him. Initially, the thought of brain surgery was very scary to me. Dr. Sivakumar made me feel comfortable during the initial consultation and his confidence from day one put me at ease during the whole process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Went into Dr. Sivakumar for the first time and was greeted by a very friendly staff. Made me feel extremely relaxed. Doctor was patient, explained everything in way that was extremely clear to me and I was able to ask as many questions as I needed to. Wrote everything I had to follow-up with and was so caring. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sivakumar is such a wonderful surgeon. I suffered with Trigemenial Neuralgia for a few years. It got so painful it was hard to speak. My very caring neulogist referred me to Dr. Sivakumar. He did further testing which it was decided that surgery was needed. My surgery was such a success, my husband said, “I started talking in my sleep.” So, if you are suffering with Trigemenial Neuralgia contact his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
When I checked in at the ER at Little Company of Mary, had no idea my condition was grave. Within 15 minutes I was surrounded by various medical staff and one of them was Dr. Sivakumar. He explained to me and my husband the CT scan indicated that I had a subdural hematoma. He explained the procedure and was so reassuring that I wasn't scared at all. He was at the ICU making sure I was making good progress. Very COMPETENT, caring & winning personality. Never in a hurry. He's the Best.
Great handsome doctor !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
This is a great office. The staff is super friendly And was attentive to our calls . The Surgeon Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, has excellent bed side manners. He takes the time to talk to us and explain my husband’s options and potential surgery. He even went above and beyond by calling and checking up on my husband on a weekend before his surgery.Dr Sivakumar and The staff are very professional and courteous. We are very grateful for everything that Dr. Sivakumar has done for my husband and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr Sivakumar is what I hope for in a doctor. He was up to date on my condition, focused, attentive, informative, concise, patient during my questions and accurate in his diagnosis and treatment. I can tell he's one of those doctors that love what they do. - Great office staff. - 2 minute wait time! - June, the nurse practitioner, was outstanding. Although I hope I personally never need his services again, I'd recommend Dr Sivakumar to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Dr. Sivakumar, his colleagues and staff are just awesome! My husband had to make a very difficult and scary decision to have back surgery/fusion and he helped us feel comfortable with our decision. Dr. Sivakumar spent almost an hour with us at all of our pre-surgery appointments, patiently explaining every aspect of the surgery. He is a stellar professional. I have already recommended his office to some of our friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, MD?
Although my traumatic brain injury with subdural hematoma ultimately did not require surgery, I was very happy to have Dr. Sivakumar watching over me. He is everything one could hope for not only in a physician, but also in a person. Take some time to read his bio as well as the reviews.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sivakumar?