Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD

Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Woodlands Retina Center 1001 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 240, The Woodlands, TX 77380 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

At the Woodlands Retina Center we treat each patient with respect, dignity and compassion. We make sure that our patients...Read more

Personal Bio

With over 15 years of experience, Dr. Wael Abdelghani is recognized as one of the best retina surgeons in the...Read more

Dr. Abdelghani's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Abdelghani's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abdelghani

Dr. Abdelghani accepts 32 insurance carriers

32 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Abdelghani has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Abdelghani

Dr. Abdelghani's Review Details
4 based on 28 responses
Experience with Dr. Abdelghani
Dr. Abdelghani's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD says

Please let us know how we our doing. Our aim is to provide you with outstanding care. If our services meet and exceed your expectations please let your friends and family know that we are here to help. If you are not completely satisfied, please let one of our team members know. We will act promptly to ensure that you are happy with the service you receive from us.

Although I am sure he must be knowledgeable, I found him condescending and non-communicative. They didn't inform me with what they were doing when they were going to dilate my eyes. I had no idea what it would do. Kept asking if I had an auto immune disease with no explanation. Proceeded to tell me he was ordering a pill that I needed to take for a month. No explanation of what it was till I asked and then he said it was an antiobiotic but no infection. Hmmm. Would love a dialogue in a visit.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Abdelghani and his staff are wonderful. Very professional and caring. They all took time to answer any and all questions about my procedures. Felt very comfortable in Dr. Abdelghani's care.
in Hockley TX |
He has been taking care of me for a year. I have age related macular degeneration. He was able to correct a cataract surgery where the lens had fallen into my eye. Very caring,knowlegeable and skillfull. I am more than satified with the care i have received. I would trust him with anything regarding my eyes !
in Conroe, TX |
This wonderful doctor makes having macula degeneration so much easier with which to cope. His staff is friendly and my visits are always pleasant and almost painless.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Abdelghani is extremely caring with his patients. We are encouraged to ask questions and he's more than willing to answer them. His interest in the field of Macular Degeneration is amazing, and he is constantly improving his knowledge in that area. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
I would not recommend the doctor to family and friends. The office visit was satisfactory. But responsiveness to my concern regarding reaction to recommended supplement was poor. Doctor's office did not respond to concern for four days. After 4 days doctor's office responded by saying the doctor does not respond to phone calls or emails. I have decided to change the doctor after the first visit.
Have you seen Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD?

Compare Dr. Abdelghani

• Ophthalmology

Why It Matters: Dr. Abdelghani's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Abdelghani says..

I am extremely interested in conducting research and in learning about new advancements in management. For more than 15 years I have been diagnosing and treating common and rare conditions that affect the retina and vitreous. Over the years, I have helped hundreds of people regain their vision and enjoy the beauty around them.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acute Endophthalmitis
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Cataract
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Abdelghani says..

Having completed advanced training in two of the most renowned universities in the USA, I am capable of treating and managing complicated and recurrent conditions affecting the vitreous and retina. I specialize in no-stitch surgery and other advanced procedures. I use the latest and most reliable technology to treat my patients.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Retinal Testing
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

University Of Texas At Galveston / Medical Branch

Completed in 2005

University Of Texas Medical Branch

Completed in 2005

Dr. Abdelghani has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Abdelghani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abdelghani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Abdelghani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Abdelghani

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Abdelghani's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Abdelghani

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Abdelghani says...

With over 15 years of experience, Dr. Wael Abdelghani is recognized as one of the best retina surgeons in the area. Dr. Abdelghani specializes in surgical and medical management of diseases of the vitreous, retina and macula. He has ample experience dealing with complicated and challenging cases. In 2008 he established the Woodlands Retina Center, where he currently treats patients of all ages. Prior to that, he was an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, one of the top-ranked medical and research institutes in all of the United States.

Dr. Abdelghani received his Medical Degree from Alexandria University in 1992. He completed his residency in Ophthalmology at the renowned Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He furthered his subspecialty training with a vitreoretinal fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.

Dr. Abdelghani shows a devotion to providing the highest quality care to his patients that is backed up by his commitment to offering state-of-the-art therapies. His interest in surgical innovations and his enthusiasm for teaching and training others have all shaped his career.  He has a special interest in suture-less (no stitch) vitrectomy; microsurgical techniques and instrumentation for macular surgery; as well as the pharmacological treatment of age-related macular degeneration.

Dr. Abdelghani also has a special interest in vitreo-retinal research and has participated in many research studies, most importantly on age-related macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease and the ocular complications of HIV. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, and is a member of the American Society of Retina Specialists. Dr. Abdelghani continues to strive to provide the most dedicated and innovative care to all his patients.

During his free time, he enjoys time with his wife and three beautiful children. They read, play soccer and enjoy the amazing nature that our great state of Texas has to offer.

Dr. Abdelghani's Care Philosophy

At the Woodlands Retina Center we treat each patient with respect, dignity and compassion. We make sure that our patients are well-informed about their conditions and all the treatment options they have. We work with you and your other healthcare providers to ensure that your eye care needs are covered and that you are satisfied with our care.