Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD

Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in The Woodlands, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Read his story

1001 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 240

The Woodlands, TX 77380

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Abdelghani

See how frequently Dr. Abdelghani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
high
Retina Diseases
high

Dr. Abdelghani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abdelghani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abdelghani "With over 15 years of experience, Dr. Wael Abdelghani is recognized as one of the best retina surgeons in the area. Dr. Abdelghani specializes in surgical and medical management of diseases of the vitreous, retina and macula. He has ample experience dealing with complicated and challenging cases. In 2008 he established the Woodlands Retina Center, where he currently treats patients of all ages. Prior to that, he was an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, one of the top-ranked medical and research institutes in all of the United States. Dr. Abdelghani received his Medical Degree from Alexandria University in 1992. He completed his residency in Ophthalmology at the renowned Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He furthered his subspecialty training with a vitreoretinal fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. Dr. Abdelghani shows a devotion to providing the highest quality care to his patients that is backed up by his commitment to offering state-of-the-art therapies. His interest in surgical innovations and his enthusiasm for teaching and training others have all shaped his career. He has a special interest in suture-less (no stitch) vitrectomy; microsurgical techniques and instrumentation for macular surgery; as well as the pharmacological treatment of age-related macular degeneration. Dr. Abdelghani also has a special interest in vitreo-retinal research and has participated in many research studies, most importantly on age-related macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease and the ocular complications of HIV. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, and is a member of the American Society of Retina Specialists. Dr. Abdelghani continues to strive to provide the most dedicated and innovative care to all his patients. During his free time, he enjoys time with his wife and three beautiful children. They read, play soccer and enjoy the amazing nature that our great state of Texas has to offer. "

This content was provided by Dr. Abdelghani "At the Woodlands Retina Center we treat each patient with respect, dignity and compassion. We make sure that our patients are well-informed about their conditions and all the treatment options they have. We work with you and your other healthcare providers to ensure that your eye care needs are covered and that you are satisfied with our care."

• Ophthalmology

• Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Retinal Testing
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• University Of Texas At Galveston / Medical Branch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Abdelghani has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Abdelghani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abdelghani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abdelghani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abdelghani to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Abdelghani Says:

Please let us know how we our doing. Our aim is to provide you with outstanding care. If our services meet and exceed your expectations please let your friends and family know that we are here to help. If you are not completely satisfied, please let one of our team members know. We will act promptly to ensure that you are happy with the service you receive from us.

Dr. Abdelghani's Performance
in Spring, TX |
Great doctor took his time and it is because of him that I am doing so much better now. He found out a tumor in the brain where all the other doctors I have been to did not suspect anything wrong with brain. He is awesome.
in Spring, TX |
One of the best Doctors I have ever been to and is very caring about my eyes.
Spring, TX |
Dr. has ZERO bedside manner. I would definitely NOT recommend him to anyone who is easily traumatized or who expects their doctor to explain their procedures without becoming frustrated
Spring, TX |
I needed assistance quickly for a retinal detachment. Not only did I get an appointment the same day I had surgery the next. Recovery is slow but received excellent care and attention throughout. My advice, if you have "cobwebs" or pepper spots, get to Dr. Abdelghani immediately. A great result with a pleasant experience.
in Spring, TX |
I have never felt compelled to write a negative review of any service I have ever received until now. I found Dr. Abdelghani to be incredibly rude, insensitive, and unprofessional. My wait time was 90 minutes to see the doctor - I am not evaluating him poorly based on the length of wait time, but his rude demeanor when he finally came to the room.
Conroe, TX |
The worst experience I have ever had. Midway through my exam, after my eyes had been dialated, I was informed of a "no dog policy" and my service dog and I were asked to leave. The staff was extremely rude and the doctor wouldn't even come out to explain this policy to me. Even after informing them of the protection we have through the ADA they stuck to their "no dog policy". They were then very unprofessional in getting me a copy of my records to take to another doctor. This behavior is unaccep
in The Woodlands Tx |
Dr. Abdelghani has no regard for patients with a disability. My son is a brittle diabetic and has a service dog that detects highs and lows and goes with him everywhere, even sleeping with him. THe DR. denied him treatment AFTER HIS EYES WERE ALREADY DILATED because the he did not want to come into the room. It is against the law to deny treatment to a patient with a service dog because of the dog. Staff was very rude and not helpful when requesting records to see another Dr.
Houston, TX |
I have been having episodes of blurry vision and pain. There was dilation of my eyes and pictures done. After a short exam Dr. Wael said there was nothing wrong. He sent nurse in to tell me it was just dry eyes and to use moisturizer drop. Then he wanted me back 2 times over the next 4 months. Why??? For dry eyes? I have neurological damage 16 years ago from a stroke. I have been living with the deficits for a long time. What's the purpose of further testing when I already know what's wrong.
in Brownsville, Tx |
I had a surgery on my retina and was very pleased with the results
Although I am sure he must be knowledgeable, I found him condescending and non-communicative. They didn't inform me with what they were doing when they were going to dilate my eyes. I had no idea what it would do. Kept asking if I had an auto immune disease with no explanation. Proceeded to tell me he was ordering a pill that I needed to take for a month. No explanation of what it was till I asked and then he said it was an antiobiotic but no infection. Hmmm. Would love a dialogue in a visit.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Abdelghani and his staff are wonderful. Very professional and caring. They all took time to answer any and all questions about my procedures. Felt very comfortable in Dr. Abdelghani's care.
in Hockley TX |
He has been taking care of me for a year. I have age related macular degeneration. He was able to correct a cataract surgery where the lens had fallen into my eye. Very caring,knowlegeable and skillfull. I am more than satified with the care i have received. I would trust him with anything regarding my eyes !
in Conroe, TX |
This wonderful doctor makes having macula degeneration so much easier with which to cope. His staff is friendly and my visits are always pleasant and almost painless.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Abdelghani is extremely caring with his patients. We are encouraged to ask questions and he's more than willing to answer them. His interest in the field of Macular Degeneration is amazing, and he is constantly improving his knowledge in that area. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
I would not recommend the doctor to family and friends. The office visit was satisfactory. But responsiveness to my concern regarding reaction to recommended supplement was poor. Doctor's office did not respond to concern for four days. After 4 days doctor's office responded by saying the doctor does not respond to phone calls or emails. I have decided to change the doctor after the first visit.
Have you seen Dr. Wael Abdelghani, MD?
Are you Dr. Abdelghani?

Blue Choice
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA