Dr. Wade Estopinal, MD

Dr. Wade Estopinal, MD

Emergency Medicine  ·
Dr. Wade Estopinal, MD is an emergency medicine specialist in Slidell, LA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans in 1989 and specializes in emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine.Read his story

985 Robert Blvd Ste 101

Slidell, LA 70458

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Estopinal

Dr. Estopinal's Experience

Dr. Estopinal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Emergency Medicine
  • Board certified in Emergency Medicine

Dr. Estopinal's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Estopinal "I grew up knowing I wanted to serve in some capacity, and as a Catholic, I figured it was either to be a priest or be a doctor," he said. "I began volunteering in high school at Jo Ellen Smith Hospital, and then I knew I wanted to be a doctor." For Estopinal, the only question was what field of medicine he would enter and as he began taking different rotations as an intern, he quickly found a love for emergency room medicine. "I liked it because it let me deal with every kind of situation you could imagine," he said. "I had the trauma, I helped people with injuries and I even got to deliver babies. It was kind of like being an old-fashioned doctor who went to see families and handled everything. I really liked that."Estopinal believes most doctors "are born to be in this field," and he sees himself the exact same way. "I have a deep faith and I believe God gives people like me the tools to do this," he said. "It certainly takes a special person to live this kind of life and deal with the things we face. "He came to Slidell to work in the emergency room in 1993 and continued as an E.R. doctor for many years, until Katrina struck and brought about a new opportunity. With the help of another provider, Doctors Urgent Care was formed. Known as "Dr. E" to his patients and staff, he enjoys his one-on-one care for his regular patients."When I walk in the door of a room to see a patient, everything else gets put aside," he said. "I care about this community, and the patients I see, and I want to do my best to help them. As I said before, I think it is actually a calling to be a doctor, and I love that I am doing this."

• Emergency Medicine

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wound Care and Management
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Med Center La New Orleans Lsu

Dr. Estopinal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Estopinal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Estopinal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Estopinal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Estopinal to family and friends
6 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Estopinal's Performance

Hello, I went in to see Dr Estopinal for possible pulled muscle and maybe a cold. As a no smoker and healthy but underweight female never did I suspect I had a severe dense phemonia in right lung. He was quick, thorough, and assertive to my care and very charming attitude. His commitment to give...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Estopinal?