Dr. William Winter, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

Dr. William Winter, MD
Dr. William Winter, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Charlottesville, VA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Winter is affiliated with Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital.

Dr. Winter's Experience

See how Dr. Winter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Winter

Dr. Winter accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Winter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Winter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Winter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winter to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Winter's Performance
Orange |
In my opinion, the visit to Dr. Winter was a waste of my time. The doctor never listened to me & had formed his opinion before I entered the door. "Everyone Sleeps" may be true but if they're not getting adequate sleep, you go see a doctor. Save your self some trouble and skip seeing this one.
Lynchburg, VA |
Dr. Winter refused to let me complete a single sentence. He "knew" exactly what was wrong before he even opened the door. I've never had a physician so rude. He may be fine with standard sleep apnea health conditions, but outside that I would go somewhere else.
I'm sorry you did not have a positive experience during our meeting. I think it can be difficult to hear honest opinions others have about us when they differ from how we see ourselves. When an individual tells me they "cannot sleep", I'm going to disagree with them; everyone sleeps. I'm sorry if that bluntness was not your cup of tea. Fortunately there are many excellent sleep specialists around. Best of luck in finding one who has the particular set of answers you seek.
in Charlottesville, VA |
Great guy is NOT condesending at all dont lisen to that guy. He treats me with respect and kindness. You will never meet a guy as great as him. He is super funny too, and we have similer last names! ;)
in Manhattan, NY |
The best.
in Aberdeen, NC |
The person who left the one star review is an idiot. Dr. Winter is a miracle worker.
Charlottesville, VA |
If you want to have a doctor spend the entire session giving canned lectures, and long examples from his extreme patients and his own life, Dr. Winter is the one for you. I managed to get in about five sentences per 15-20 minute session. My sleep issues were brushed off via these long monologues, treating me as if I were an idiot who did not understand the basics of sleep. Very unhelpful and condescending. Don't waste your time (and money.)
I am sorry you feel this way unnamed patient. I assure you that I do not feel like anyone who comes into my clinic is an idiot. Instead of passive and indirect forms of communication like this, it would have been great if we could have spoken directly about your issues, so that I would have had the opportunity to address these concerns. Best of luck in your quest for healthy sleep.
in Charlottesville, VA |
There have been a few bumps in the road w/my treatment, specifically with my finances and insurance. Every bump, Dr. Winter has been there and helped to figure out what can work best for me while not depleting my savings.
in Charlottesville, VA |
Really great guy and I'm already sleeping better.
Awesome!
in Charlottesville, VA |
I've been coming to Dr. Winter for at least 7 yrs now and I don't plan on leaving. It can be a challenge to make an appointment and have him keep it bc a lot of times they reschedule bc he's out of the office. By now I've just learned to deal with it. I trust him and I believe he has my best interest in mind.
Have you seen Dr. William Winter, MD?

Compare Dr. Winter

Dr. Winter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Winter has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Winter's Board Certifications

Completed in 2003

University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

Completed in 2004

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Winter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)