Dr. W. Choate, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 41

Sports Medicine

Dr. W. Choate, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in New Orleans, LA. He is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center, winner of the Joint Replacement Excellence Award. He is also affiliated with Saint Bernard Parish Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. W. Choate, MD

Ochsner Sports Medicine Inst

1221 S Clearview Pkwy Bldg B New Orleans, LA 70121 ()

Compare Dr. W. Choate, MD with other Sports Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Choate's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Choate

Dr. Choate

Recommended already.
Both Dr Choate nd staff was very patient, kind, professional, and answered all questions. Very through.
Mary M Suhre – Apr 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Excellent Surgeon- answered all my questions. Giving me instructions throughout my recovery.
Pamela Vath – Apr 06, 2022
Professional
Very helpful and informative!
Lance Daniels – Mar 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate, was from start to finish, kind courteous, professional, understanding, and showed a personal interest in me as his patient. He indeed went the extra mile and called me personally. He answered all of my questions and took the time to listen when I expressed my feelings. He always treated me with dignity and respect. I called him "Choate The Goat" on one visit and he humbly said we aren't done yet. When I looked at the pictures from the surgery, I was truly amazed at the work he did. He has got to be among the best at what he does. I was fortunate that I ended up with him as my surgeon. I would without hesitation recommend him to everyone I know.
KMG1775 – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate perfectly repaired my ruptured Achilles. He was always kind and courteous to me from my initial visit and surgery to my follow up visits. I highly recommend him
Oct 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
DR. CHOATE AND HIS ENTIRE MEDICAL TEAM ARE THE BEST! I was involved in a MVA 12/18/21. The emergency room Dr. diagnosed me as having a dislocated rt shoulder & C3/C4 cervical fracture. Approx. 1 month after the accident I still could not lift my rt arm above my mid chest. I thank God for leading me to Dr. Choate. The MRI he ordered revealed that I had a massive rotator cuff tear (3 torn tendons w/ 1 tendon being completely severed). Dr. Choate is the 'Shoulder Whisperer'! By 8 months post op. I'd regained full use of my rt arm and my ROM is excellent. The care and support that I received from his entire team throughout my recovery/rehab was phenomenal. Dr. Choate's commitment to my recovery allowed me to avoid a unnecessary surgery (he asked my neuro surgeon to delay surgery to repair my cervical fractures in order to allow my rotator cuff time to heal. The 6 month follow up CT scan revealed that the fractures had healed on their own!). Dr. Choate is Kind, Compassionate, The Best!!!
D. Whimper – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
I didn’t realize how bad my elbow had been hurting until after a successful surgery. Life altering. From diagnosis to surgery and post op, Dr Choate and his team were great. I have resumed normal activity without constant pain. Fantastic work!
D Arroyo – Oct 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
I had a massive tear with my rotator cuff and Dr. Choates expertise had a successful surgery. Also his compassion for your pain is beyond explanatory
Deborah Gelpi – Oct 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
I was always seen promptly for my appointments. Pleased with my procedure and progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Choate and his staff to anyone in need of orthopedic treatment.
Warrenita M. Clincy – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Choate to any of my friends. After having a bad experience at a medical office, I came home and looked up surgeons who could perform my shoulder replacement. I came across Dr. Choate’s name, and I read every recommendation I could find. He always received glowing remarks, and after reading numerous reviews I called for an appointment. My surgery went very well with very little pain and within 6 weeks I was driving again!!! I was very pleased with my surgery, and I am doing very well!!!! After being in pain for many months and having many sleepless nights, I can now sleep without pain!! Dr. Choate is a super hero in my book!!!
Jul 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate is a caring, very profession, and most reliable physician I have had. He is very concern about my health and my healing on my shoulder that he did a reverse shoulder replacement. I will recommend his to my family, friends and anyone that I know that is having problems with their shoulder. I really love Dr. Choate as my surgeon and physician. Thank Dr. Choate for everything you have done in caring for me as I heal.
Bertha Lewis – Jul 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate and his staff were truly professional and caring every step of the way. From scheduling appointments, to the detailed explanation of every option, to the surgery procedure , and through the recovery process. I highly recommend! Thank you very much Dr. Choate and staff!
Miguel L. – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
My husband and I have had Dr. Choate as our orthopedist and surgeon for multiple surgeries. He and his staff are both friendly and professional and they take the time to understand the issues and help weigh options to guide us in making the best decisions for us. We have had full recovery from all our procedures with no additional issues. We love Dr. Choate and his staff and would not go anywhere else!.
Tracy P – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate did a very good job repairing my rotator cuff. After 4 months, I am back on the tennis court! His team and the physical therapy team at Ochsner Sports Medicine were fantastic!
Jeannine – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate and his team were very good with my care. He did a great job fixing my wrist and upper arm after my accident. The follow up visits were very good as well as he and his team let me know how I was progressing, answered all of my questions and put me at ease. He and his team are an exceptional asset to the Ochsner Medical Staff and the Elmwood Orthopedic Center. I would recommend him highly to anyone who needed help with an arm or wrist injury.
Thomas A. Metz – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate provided me with the best and most comprehensive care for my broken leg and ankle. He and his team quickly and accurately diagnosed the need for surgery and took action to schedule it. He followed up our in person appointment with a pre-surgery phone call. In addition, he ensured I had access to the right tools (knee scooter, physical therapy and post surgery checks) to get back on my feet in record time. Special thanks to Dr Choate and his team for their excellent medical care and high EQ.
Shawna – Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Best care, best practices. Dr Choate‘s skill and professionalism changed my life! I was very concerned but he quickly did the appropriate diagnostic tests, I got a definitive diagnosis and my recovery began. Function has been restored and I feel like I visited the fountain of youth. Thank you Dr Choate-my new hero!!
Angelag83 – Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Doctor Choate, Thank you so very much for taking care of my mother and being so skilled at what you do. Your kindness, sincere caring, and concern make everything so much better. Your team are rockstars.
Ehsan M. – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
I have had two very positive rotator-cuff surgeries under the expertise and guidance of Dr. Choate. I was 60 years old when I had my first ever surgery and I was very anxious about the entire process. Dr. Choate was GREAT in calming me down and giving me confidence in the ENTIRE process! Dr. Choate artfully articulated, in layman's terms, what my condition was, how the surgery will go, and the importance of actively participating in physical therapy! Dr. Choate made himself available to me throughout the entire process which was instrumental towards me reaching my personal goals! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Choate to do rotator-cuff surgery for anyone who may need this done to improve mobility and strength! He is a GREAT doctor who is an EXPERT in his field! Dr. Choate has a special gift from a surgical perspective in addition to having EXCELLENT communication skills that eases the patient's concerns about surgery (both before and after). You can't go wrong entrusting him!
Tom-e H. – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?
Dr. Choate has been my ortho doc for over 5 years & I HIGHLY recommend him! My first encounter with him, he fixed a problematic knee issue I had. More serious was our second meeting when he emergently repaired a severely torn bicep. Without dispute, my successful recovery was due to his surgical abilities & his staff's guidance through my rehab (Mona Kambur, OT). It's easy to highlight his professionalism, knowledge & exceptional abilities which I think just come naturally for him; however, I'd like to commend him on the little things because for me, these complete the big picture. He always enters the room with a smile & a calming disposition which put me at ease. He conversed with me as a person, not just another patient, & always remembered some personal detail to chat about. I was way too ambitious to get back to my job & working out nevertheless he listened patiently, explained to me the surgery, my recovery & expertly guided me along the path I needed to take. Thank you!
Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. W. Choate, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Choate?