Dr. Vy Doan, MD

Dr. Doan
Telehealth services available

Kaiser Permanente 4700 Sunset Medical Offices

4700 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90027

Dr. Vy Doan, MD is a Pediatric Psychiatry Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver medical school in 1992. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Doan to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Vy Doan, MD with other Pediatric Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Doan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Doan

2.9

Dr. Doan?
  • Appointment scheduling (2)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
I guess he has a lot of 1 star reviews because, hey, he is a hard-liner. But his stern words helped me to make that sobriety leap which was deep within me to take; I needed assistance getting out of those clouds I was stuck in and denying that making of excuses for myself. As a professional psychiatrist he does not buy into the culture of acceptance regarding drinking and smoking weed we have here in America. SO you know! That's probably why people say "he's mean." But he does not want to hear the excuse "I need the escape," while you are coming in asking him for help from chemical dependence. This was my case at least, I must say. I have embraced that sober American part of me, but at the time I was having drinking and smoking problems and asking him for more chemicals in the form of anti-depressants. I even finally dropped the prescription on my own but I am happier and healthier. I personally had to go camping to a quiet spot to reconnect with nature & my good ol' just natural self.
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vy Doan, MD?
I'll be leaving Kaiser at the end of the month due to a new employer insurance provider. But I thought I'd write a review of my experience with him. First off, I’d like to say that Dr. Doan legitimately saved my life. After about a year of therapy sessions I realized that I needed alternative treatment. Fortunately, I was paired with Dr. Doan. I went through multiple different medications, some not so great, but eventually I found the right one. Dr. Doan is kind, but gave me tough love when I needed it. He’s not there to hold your hand, he’s there to help you get better. Missing appointments was not an option, and when I clearly wasn’t putting the necessary effort he pushed me into a month long outpatient program. Post 6 months, I can honestly say that I’m on a different life path. I left a job with a toxic work environment, lost 35 pounds, and have a completely different outlook on life. I might not be 100% happy, and I’m surely not “cured”, but that’s not the point.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Krystina – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vy Doan, MD?
Dr.Vy Vinh Doan is a mean doctor and I didn’t appreciate of how he treats me and he doesn’t deserve to be a psychiatrist. He is very rude and whenever my parents want to talk he cuts them off and talks to me only. I regret having this psychiatrist! He’s bossy and arrogant and forces me to take higher milligrams pills??
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Abel – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vy Doan, MD?
My daughter's favorite doctor:)
Sherman Oaks, CA – Jun 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vy Doan, MD?
Smart and sweet,my kid love him
Frank in Santa Monica – Apr 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vy Doan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Doan?

Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.

• Pediatric Psychiatry