Dr. Vivek Mehta, MB BS

Pain MedicineMaleAge 59

Dr. Mehta

Global Institute of Spine & Joint Care

201 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington, TX 76011

Dr. Vivek Mehta, MB BS is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Arlington, TX and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1985. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mehta to book an appointment.

Dr. Mehta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mehta

3.5

Dr. Mehta
I'm in more pain almost two weeks out after an injection than I was before I came into this office. I ran out of pain meds and called for a refill. They refused and said to take OTC meds which are doing nothing. I called again and no one has called me back yet and it's a full day since I called. Doesn't sound as though anyone cares.
Laura T Bowe – Feb 18, 2020
Dr, Mehta has saved my mid-20 year old. Bulging at S1 due to car accident. Lots of sciatica and back pain. My son had the 3 sessions of epidurals. After the second epidural Dr. Mehta was able to ease the disc back into it’s correct position! I never knew this was a possibility! Now 10+ years from the epidurals, he has no residual pain, sciatica, or limits on life. Ask him about his back pain and he always says..what back pain? My other son did not see Mehta and has a decade of pain from a laser reduced disc. He has great regrets not seeing Dr Mehta first. And now expects a lifetime of pain. Choose the best doctor that cares about his patients and truly tries to decrease your pain. Dr. Mehta is the perfect choice. I will never see any another pain doc. Why change when you see the best? And Dr Mehta is the best.
Linda Dorton – Nov 21, 2019
In wish I could have seen Dr. Metha sooner ! It would have saved me years of agony ! Bulging discs and Sciatica provided me with bouts of excruciating pains. Previous treatments (in the US and Europe) consisted mainly of painkiller prescriptions. I have a strong dislike for pain killers, so,initially I was skeptical when I was referred to Dr. Metha. However, his calm demeanor and professional explanation of the treatment was very reassuring. After the first treatment, pain was soon reduced by 80%. After 3 treatments I was pain-free for over 2 years (until I had a serious car accident). The car accident caused me to have excruciating neck pains and inability to turn my head.i Two treatments by Dr. Metha quickly reduced the pain by 95%, and enabled me to turn my head again. In comparing my case with other people with similar problems, I can unequivocally state that DR. Metha is absolute top class when it comes to pain management, without having to resort to strong painkillers.
Raymond – Aug 26, 2019
I have had chronic low back pain pain for about 13 years. All the drs said it was siatica. The last dr I saw sent me for an mri. founf out i had 3 buldging discs and a tear in a disc. Sent me to Dr Mehta. !st we tried an epideral injection and a nerve block which worked great for 3 months but then the pain came back. We just did a radioactive nerve ablation today and let me tell you, I can actually stand straight without pain. I very highly recommend Dr Mehta to anyone. And his staff is very nice and sweet.
jewelan brown – Aug 24, 2019
Absolutely wonderful, I have my life back and my family has their mom back! Dr Mehta has been an important and blessed part of my life, thanks to his care I have been a different person. Due to his procedures and care before and after my neck surgery my life has went from constant pain and pills to comfort and few meds. My family has me back and I have my life back. Thank you and God bless Dr. Mehta
Lambiase – Jul 25, 2019
Conservative and effective Pain Management. If you want to be medicated like a Zombie, Dr. Mehta is not the best choice. If you want to function and get your life back Dr. Mehta is the best solution.
MANSFIELD, TX – Jun 24, 2019
He changed my way of living ,for the better,in reducing my lower back pain and giving me freedom to do the things I couldn't before! AAAA++++++
Mar 29, 2019
After years of dealing with back pain, and not finding a solution as to why by various "family doctors", I was diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis. After the diagnosis, I was refereed to Dr. Mehta by a rheumatologist to see if there was a solution to keeping my back pain to a minimum. Thanks to Dr. Mehta, I now hove an alternative treatment to prescription drugs for pain relief through radiofrequency neurotomy. God is great! And I thank Him for the blessing of Dr. Mehta in my life.
Mike Berry – Dec 17, 2018
Dr metha is amazing. His staff is courteous and caring. Have been seeing him for 5 years for injections in both shoulders after shoulder surgeries. Have to get injections every 6 months or so when my shoulders stiffen up and pain keeps me awake at night. Within 12 - 24 hours, I am great!! Have full use of my arms and sleep comfortably. Recently he started treating my wife for back Pain and results so far are positive. We are both 69 years young.
Carl in Grand Prairie – Feb 15, 2018
Dr Mehta changed my life! When I came to him in 2016 I could not walk for more than 10 minutes. Today I am more functional than I have been in a long time. I still have some pain but it is manageable. He is honestly among the best I have found in the medical field.
Aaron O'Reilly in Plano, TX – Jan 29, 2018
I have been seeing Dr. Mehta for 4 years for various reasons, and could not be happier. All of his treatments were successful , and on most visits I required only two injections. I found Dr. Mehta to be very professional , very helpful, but most of all very caring. Don Onthank, Jr.
Don Onthank, Jr. in Arlington, TX – Oct 17, 2017
A wonderful human being and an excellent physician. You are not a number to this office but a patient in the true sense of the word. Got my first injection in the neck yesterday and I feel remarkably better today already . Super doc and a very efficient staff .
Umar in Arlington, TX – Oct 13, 2017
Great
Abraham in Mansfield, TX – Jun 07, 2017
Expect a wait. The staff are nice but not welcoming. Today I sat for 25 minutes before going to window to see about making copayment. It was obvious that my arrival had been overlooked as the sticky slip I checked in on had not been removed and 5 minutes later I was asked for copay. If you are more fortunate to have a wider selection of doctors to choose from you may consider going elsewhere. I prefer the nurse practitioner to dr mehta. She is very thorough and thoughtful. She gets 5 stars.
Mesquite, TX – May 05, 2017
I love this Dr. and his staff. They are so caring and loving. Dr. Mehta listens to everything you say and is truly concerned with the problems you are having. I have told many of my friends that are having pain problems to go to see him he works wonders. I hope they did because they will truly not be sorry. It feels so good to be pain free and not because of pain pills. Its wonderful.
Gloria Taro in Grand Prairie, TX – Dec 22, 2016
First off..just went through 3 lumbar injections...2 from another Dr through a hospital, ($$$) and one as it Dr Mehta,($) . While the first 2 injections. A. Cost a lot more, because of the hospital, sedative, etc., The 2 injections did absolutely did nothing for my pain, with Dr. Mehtas' one shot in his office I still have hardly no pain. And the injection was a month ago. The difference between night and day!!
Mark Simeoli in Arlington, TX – Jul 06, 2016
Even though I told the staff I can't have injections due to extensive scar tissue, they emphasize injection procedures. I got the impression that if I didn't have (unnecessary) injections done, I wouldn't be treated at all. I later discovered that had they reviewed MRI films, the staff would've seen injections wouldn't have helped due to existing hardware issues. If anyone goes to Global, get a 2nd opinion before agreeing to injections that might not be necessary! I won't go there again.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Betsy in Dallas – Apr 12, 2016
I have seen many. Many, many doctors throughout my life. Dr. Mehta by far is the most honest, professional, caring and knowledgeable doctor i have been to. Too bad he cannot be my doctor for all my other needs. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!
Tina Ortega in Arlington, Texas – Jan 30, 2016
Has cared for me for several years. Very compassionate, busy, knowledgeable. Brief exam. Offers many options. I trust him.
beverly thompson in arlington tx – Jan 07, 2016
After seeing a neurosurgeon I was sent to Dr. Mehta for pain mgmt until I had tried everything possible prior to having back surgery. I was given an epidural without anything for pain & sent home in more pain than when I arrived. I shared this experience with my neurosurgeon & was assisted in getting in to see another Dr. immediately that was surprised I was functioning with the level of pain. I eventually had L3, 4, 5 anterior/posterior & stenosis surgery.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Patricia in Fort Worth, TX – Dec 30, 2015

How was your experience with Dr. Mehta?

• Pain Medicine