Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Vishal Mehta, MD
Dr. Vishal Mehta is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He helps patients with knee injuries, shoulder injuries, knee pain, arthritis, or shoulder pain, conditions that are often a result of an athletic injury. He also has a particular area of interest in cartilage restoration, platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy. Dr. Mehta is the current president of Illinois Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. The author of numerous peer-reviewed publications, book chapters and technique guides, Dr. Vishal Mehta also serves as a reviewer many journals including The American Journal of Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy. Dr. Vishal Mehta is the founder of the Fox Valley Orthopedic Research Foundation, a laboratory designed to test and develop orthopedic implants. Dr. Mehta is an instructor of many surgical technique courses and guest lecturer, throughout the United States and internationally. Dr. Mehta founded the Foundation for International Orthopedic Development…a not-for-profit organization chartered to develop and teach arthroscopic surgery in Sub-Saharan Africa. Dr. Mehta is the founder of Healthy-TXT™, mobile health program designed to improve health outcomes and foster physician-patient relations. The programs are delivered via text messaging, mobile voice app, email, video, or website.

2525 Kaneville Rd

Geneva, IL 60134

• HFN
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Mehta

Dr. Mehta's Experience

Dr. Mehta's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

• ACL Surgery
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Cartilage Repair
  • Knee Surgery
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Loyola University of Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • University of Chicago Hosps
  • San Diego Shoulder and Knee Research Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mehta has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mehta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mehta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mehta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mehta to family and friends
Dr. Mehta's Performance
in Elgin, IL |
I had shoulder surgery and Dr Mehta was very reassuring that I would be just fine and he was right I truly love Dr Mehta he is a very CARING Dr and his bed side manner is AWSOME !!! I wish there were more drs like him and he also has an AWSOME staff if I ever need surgery again and its his type that's who I will be seeing hands down :)
in St Charles, IL |
I had rotator cuff surgery Dr Mehta gave me realistic predictions of healing time and my return to normal motion. I had a number of follow-up appointments where he explained exercises to insure my return to normal.
in Geneva, IL |
He is obviously an excellent surgeon. He also has quality follow-up during recovery and the long-term healing process. Additionally, his support staff are kind, knowledgeable, and professional. I have had two very successful surgeries, thanks to Dr. Mehta.
in Elmhurst, IL |
I've had the pleasure of working with Dr. Mehta and his team for close to 2 years through 2 ACL surgeries. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experiences. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mehta for any sports related injuries.
North Aurora, IL |
Dr. Mehta and his staff are top notch. In my case he recommended I try physical therapy before he performed surgery, but it became apparent PT was not going to fix my problem. I cannot thank him and his staff enough for fixing me up. I highly recommend him.
in Waterman, IL |
I would recommend anyone having shoulder surgery to have Dr. Mehta do the surgery .
Sandwich, IL |
Dr. Mehta does an excellent job of explaining the condition, the prognosis, surgery, and the expected outcome. We never felt rushed and felt we received a thorough review at each visit. The nurses and the rest of the staff are very friendly.
in elgin, il |
He is great! Very patient and thorough.
in South Elgin, IL |
Dr. Metha is an excellent doctor. He is very caring of his patients and very knowledgeable. I feel safe knowing that.
Elgin IL |
I had unexpected rotator cuff surgery. Dr. Mehta and his staff explained my options, the surgery and recovery very well. I was extremely impressed with the organization of the office regarding scheduling surgery, post surgery appointments and physical therapy. Any questions I did have were answered in a thorough and timely manner. I highly recommend Dr. Mehta.
in St Charles, IL |
After multiple surgeries gone wrong through another practice and surgeon, I was fortunate enough to find Dr Mehta. He has absolutely stabilized my issue and provided a clear path to improvement. I am post op by nearly a year now, it has been amazing to see the difference that his work has made in my life.
in Geneva, IL |
I had a torn rotator cuff. Fox Valley asked who I would like as a Doctor. I said give me the best (why would I say otherwise, right?) They said you want Dr. Mehta. They were right. I had a great repair to my shoulder. He explained it to me and indicated that there was additional clean-up he performed while in there. I underwent 6 months of PT and now am ~100% fully functional. I would recommend him and hope that I never do a head plant on a glacier again so I don't have to come see him.
in Lisle, IL |
We brought our son to see Dr. Mehta after a football injury. He correctly diagnosed him with a torn ACL after two previous incorrect ones! Everyone was so helpful and friendly, I would definitely recommend Dr. Mehta.
in Linton, IN |
Very friendly and personal to talk too. Really understanding especially from an athletes point of view.
in Saint Charles, IL |
Doctor Mehta is an outstanding surgeon. Would, and have recommended him to people looking to have shoulder surgery. There were no surprises. I knew what was supposed to happen before it did and that made the recovery that much easier. Kudos to you Doc. It was nice to deal with a true Profesional.
in Batavia, IL |
I was very unsure that anyone would repair the severe damage to Both of my shoulders, but Dr. Metha spent the time & effort to make sure he could do the best in restoring my rotator cuff and shoulders.
in Geneva IL |
I recommend Dr. Mehta & Cassie without reservation. What an amazing team! I had a cartilage transplant surgery and I couldn't have asked for a better experience - From pre-surgery visits to my OR day to post operative care (including my physical therapy at ATI), my time spent at Fox Valley Orthopedics was a pleasure. Dr. Mehta created an innovative and patient-friendly program called healthy-txt that guided my recovery and helped to make this entire experience seamless and easy.
in Aurora, IL |
Dr. Mehta and his team were absolutely fabulous with both of my shoulder surgeries. He was very thorough in explaining my issues and how to repair my shoulders. It has been a pleasure being his patient and I would definitely recommend him to everyone I know.
in Naperville, IL |
We had a fantastic outcome on an adolescent ACL complete tear. Surgery though an active growth plate was our concern, But Dr. Mehta explained how he was going to repair it and minimize the impact. He was caring all the way through the entire process.before during and the months after surgery.
in Sycamore, IL |
Dr. Mehta was fantastic. He has performed two rotator cuff and bicep surgeries on me due to separate injuries to both shoulders and arms. Each surgery was performed extremely well with good results attached to both. Dr. Mehta always took the time to answer questions and provide sound advice. His bedside manner is of a caring surgeon who is definitely interested in his patients' well-being.
Have you seen Dr. Vishal Mehta, MD?
Are you Dr. Mehta?