Dr. Vipul Lakhani, MD

Dr. Vipul Lakhani, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Male

Dr. Vipul Lakhani, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Toms River, NJ. He has been practicing for 25 years. Read his story

The Cataract & Glaucoma Vision Center

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CHAMPVA
  • EBS-RMSCO

Learn about Dr. Lakhani

See how frequently Dr. Lakhani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chalazion
Dry Eyes
Glaucoma

Dr. Lakhani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lakhani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lakhani "Specialty: Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Laser Cataract Surgery, Advanced Glaucoma Care, Neuro-Ophthalmology. Dry Eye Center of Excellence. Dr. Vipul Lakhani is a board-certified ophthalmologist serving the patients of Ocean County since 1998. He graduated with honors from Williams College, consistently one of the top ranked colleges in the country. He attended Downstate Medical School where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. He won the Sandoz award for academic excellence and had the rare privilege to be selected to national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. Dr. Lakhani completed his internship and residency in New York City. He received expert medical and surgical training at the world renowned Wills Eye Hospital and Indiana University where he completed double fellowships in Glaucoma and Neuro-Ophthalmology. He ranked in the top 2% nationally in the ophthalmology certification boards. Dr. Vipul Lakhani is recognized by his peers as a gifted surgeon and clinician. He is routinely referred routine and complicated cataract and anterior segment surgical procedures by many of the areas eye care physicians. He has performed over 20000 cataract surgical procedures many of whom were other doctors or their family members. Dr. Lakhani is well published with articles in most of the revered ophthalmology journals and has written a book chapter on glaucoma surgical techniques. He has been asked to lecture all over the United States and throughout the world, including India and China. Dr. Lakhani currently accepts almost all medical plans and is accepting new patients. He believes in providing compassionate, ethical care to his patients and has received the Compassionate Doctor award on various physician-rating sites. He is a four-time recipient of New Jersey Monthly Top Doctor. He is available for consultations and second opinions."

This content was provided by Dr. Lakhani "Lakhani Eye Associates is committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered, state of the art eye care and to achieve the highest surgical and medical outcomes for our patients in a comfortable and positive atmosphere. Patient's care and needs are our highest priority. No, is never an option as we strive to deliver maximum care, attention and flexibility to our greatest asset "our patients"."

• Ophthalmology

• Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Soft Contact Lenses

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Williams College
  • Indiana University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Lakhani has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Lakhani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lakhani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lakhani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lakhani to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Lakhani's Performance
in TOMS RIVER |
Highly proficient Dr. Lakhani and his staff have assembled a remarkable ultra-modern facility with special scientific stations for testing vision and eye health. My experience here in Toms River, NJ. was very agreeable, with great confidence in Doctor Lakhani and the competent, compassionate, support assistants. I would recommend this vision center.
in Beachwood |
The best Ophthalmology experience, thorough, no dilation , prompt, great staff and a wonderful caring doctor. Cannot recommend it enough! Thank you
in Manchester Township, NJ |
My recent visit felt a little bit rushed, but the office is very busy and this can be expected. My examination was very quick, but I would attribute that to Dr. Lakhani's expertise! In other words, he instantly knew that my blurry vision in my right eye was a cataract. His years of experience seems to be the reason for his confident and quick diagnosis. He will be doing my cataract surgery fairly soon and I believe, from reading the other reviews, that he is the right doctor to do this for me.
in Lakewood, NJ |
I used Dr. Lakhani and was extremely satisfied. He is professional and warm. I felt he really cares about his patients and only seeks the best for their needs. His office staff is helpful and cordial, and his expertise is top notch. My eye doctor - who referred me to him - was very pleased with the surgery that he performed on my eyes. The wait was some times a bit lengthy, but that's because the office is very busy. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of an ophthalmologist.
in Bayville |
I recently had surgery with dr lakhani The experience was top notch He was kind and skilled and his staff the greatest Hats off to Cherrie who helped me throughout the procedure with getting my medications covered and medically cleared The office is gorgeous Thank you all for a clearly great experience
in Beachwood nj |
Wonderful office and staff. They are very thorough and answers your questions.
in Barnegat, NJ |
I'm sure he's a good Dr but that office routine they have is awful. My poor review is missing from last year when I told my story of the 4 hours in his office taken around by a girl who barely spoke Eng. She needed me to spell some words for her as I answered questions, Dr tried to sell me some dry eye procedure that costs $1500 (not covered) when I finally got to see him. It was an awfully long process and I've been going to great eye drs for years so I know the process. Id never go back.
Thank you for your review. While I do not remember a patient ever having to wait two hours let alone four hours, it does distress me to read your review. I am sorry your experience at Lakhani Eye did not meet the high standards my staff and I expect for our patients. I can assure you that I never try to sell a procedure though I do strive to offer the best in eye care. I will share the review with my staff as feedback is essential for creating a state of the art experience for all our patients.
in Seaside Heights, NJ |
I recommend dr Lakhani to people all the time irl. his office is state of the art. his staff is competent, courteous and kind. the doctor himself is a gifted surgeon and miracle worker. I was nearly blind in my left eye 8 years ago. the doc removed my cataract and my sight in that eye is even better today then it ever was when I was a child.
in Toms River Nj |
One of the best doctor experiences I've ever had Organized staff and organized doctors My vision is awesome!!
Brick, NJ |
Friendly, Competent & Professional.
in Brick, NJ |
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Caring!!! The only doctor appointment I don't dread going to.
in Toms River, NJ |
The doctor and staff are always friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I've had cataract surgeries on both eyes and the results are wonderful. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Brick, NJ |
Excellent Doctor and great staff. Did laser surgery on my eyes. Trust his judgement.
in Barnegat, NJ |
Excellent eye care! Very professional.
in Bayville, NJ |
Excellent Eye Surgeon, He has taken care of my husband's cataracts and numerous eye surgeries for over thirty years and my husband is a challenging patient.
in Lanoka Harbor, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Lakhani to friends and family. The office is run very efficiently, the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable while showing compassion to their patients. Dr. Lakhani is very pleasant and informative. My experience at Lakhani Eye Associates was impressive.
in Toms River, NJ |
Great staff and doctor, explained my eye conditions in terms I could understand, as well as offered me newer choices on my treatment options.
in Montclair, NJ |
My son had something in eye, we called and got an appointment same day. The office is beautiful with state of the art equipment. Plenty of parking easy to fine. We were taken in promptly no waiting the doctors were very compassionate and caring. The staff was very informative and friendly It was a very pleasant experience I would recommend Lakhani Eye Associates to friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Vipul Lakhani, MD?

Visit Dr. Lakhani

• Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare
    MagnaCare HMO
    MagnaCare PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Medicaid Assignment