Dr. Vipul K. Lakhani, MD

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CHAMPVA

LEA is committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered, state of the art eye care and to achieve the highest surgical and medical outcomes for our patients in a comfortable and positive atmosphere. Patient's care and needs are our highest priority. No, is never an option as we strive to deliver maximum care, attention and flexibility to our greatest asset "our patients".Read more

Personal Bio

Specialty: Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Laser Cataract Surgery, Advanced Glaucoma Care, Neuro-Ophthalmology. Dry Eye Center of Excellence. Dr.. Vipul Lakhani is a...Read more

Dr. Lakhani's Experience

See how Dr. Lakhani's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lakhani

Dr. Lakhani accepts 37 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lakhani has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lakhani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lakhani to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Lakhani's Performance
in Bayville |
I recently had surgery with dr lakhani The experience was top notch He was kind and skilled and his staff the greatest Hats off to Cherrie who helped me throughout the procedure with getting my medications covered and medically cleared The office is gorgeous Thank you all for a clearly great experience
in Beachwood nj |
Wonderful office and staff. They are very thorough and answers your questions.
in Barnegat, NJ |
I'm sure he's a good Dr but that office routine they have is awful. My poor review is missing from last year when I told my story of the 4 hours in his office taken around by a girl who barely spoke Eng. She needed me to spell some words for her as I answered questions, Dr tried to sell me some dry eye procedure that costs $1500 (not covered) when I finally got to see him. It was an awfully long process and I've been going to great eye drs for years so I know the process. Id never go back.
Thank you for your review. While I do not remember a patient ever having to wait two hours let alone four hours, it does distress me to read your review. I am sorry your experience at Lakhani Eye did not meet the high standards my staff and I expect for our patients. I can assure you that I never try to sell a procedure though I do strive to offer the best in eye care. I will share the review with my staff as feedback is essential for creating a state of the art experience for all our patients.
in Seaside Heights, NJ |
I recommend dr Lakhani to people all the time irl. his office is state of the art. his staff is competent, courteous and kind. the doctor himself is a gifted surgeon and miracle worker. I was nearly blind in my left eye 8 years ago. the doc removed my cataract and my sight in that eye is even better today then it ever was when I was a child.
in Toms River Nj |
One of the best doctor experiences I've ever had Organized staff and organized doctors My vision is awesome!!
Brick, NJ |
Friendly, Competent & Professional.
in Brick, NJ |
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Caring!!! The only doctor appointment I don't dread going to.
in Toms River, NJ |
The doctor and staff are always friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I've had cataract surgeries on both eyes and the results are wonderful. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Bricktown |
An amazing surgeon and person As a driver for a nursing facility in brick town I have taken all our patients to see doctor lakhani fir 10 years including my mom They are punctual he is so kind and attentive and he has helped every patient we have referred to him He is the top eye doctor on mj monthly fir years for a reason !
in Brick, NJ |
Excellent Doctor and great staff. Did laser surgery on my eyes. Trust his judgement.
in Barnegat, NJ |
Excellent eye care! Very professional.
in Bayville, NJ |
Excellent Eye Surgeon, He has taken care of my husband's cataracts and numerous eye surgeries for over thirty years and my husband is a challenging patient.
in Morganville, NJ |
Really an amazing experience with a well known surgeon and incredible office
in Lanoka Harbor, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Lakhani to friends and family. The office is run very efficiently, the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable while showing compassion to their patients. Dr. Lakhani is very pleasant and informative. My experience at Lakhani Eye Associates was impressive.
in Toms River, NJ |
Great staff and doctor, explained my eye conditions in terms I could understand, as well as offered me newer choices on my treatment options.
in Montclair, NJ |
My son had something in eye, we called and got an appointment same day. The office is beautiful with state of the art equipment. Plenty of parking easy to fine. We were taken in promptly no waiting the doctors were very compassionate and caring. The staff was very informative and friendly It was a very pleasant experience I would recommend Lakhani Eye Associates to friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Vipul K. Lakhani, MD?

Dr. Lakhani says...

Dr.. Vipul Lakhani is a board-certified ophthalmologist serving the patients of Ocean County since 1998. He graduated with honors from Williams College, consistently one of the top ranked colleges in the country. He attended Downstate Medical School where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. He won the Sandoz award for academic excellence and had the rare privilege to be selected to national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha.

Dr. Lakhani completed his internship and residency in New York City. He received expert medical and surgical training at the world renowned Wills Eye Hospital and Indiana University where he completed double fellowships in Glaucoma and Neuro-Ophthalmology. He ranked in the top 2% nationally in the ophthalmology certification boards.

Dr. Vipul Lakhani is recognized by his peers as a gifted surgeon and clinician. He is routinely referred routine and complicated cataract and anterior segment surgical procedures by many of the areas eye care physicians. He has performed over 20000 cataract surgical procedures many of whom were other doctors or their family members.

Dr. Lakhani is well published with articles in most of the revered ophthalmology journals and has written a book chapter on glaucoma surgical techniques. He has been asked to lecture all over the United States and throughout the world, including India and China.

Dr. Lakhani currently accepts almost all medical plans and is accepting new patients. He believes in providing compassionate, ethical care to his patients and has received the Compassionate Doctor award on various physician-rating sites. He is a four-time recipient of New Jersey Monthly Top Doctor.

He is available for consultations and second opinions.

Dr. Lakhani's Care Philosophy

LEA is committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered, state of the art eye care and to achieve the highest surgical and medical outcomes for our patients in a comfortable and positive atmosphere. Patient's care and needs are our highest priority. No, is never an option as we strive to deliver maximum care, attention and flexibility to our greatest asset "our patients".

Master Cataract Surgeon, innovator of the 5 minute miracle

No dilation

All laser treatments performed in office

Macular Degeneration Treatment

Diabetic Treatments

Advanced Glaucoma Care including minimally invasive glaucoma procedures and laser

Dry eye care including lipiflow, thermal pulsation treatments

Facial Rejuvination

Dr. Lakhani says...

The only full time fellowship trained glaucoma specialist in Ocean County offering the all the latest in micro-surgical and laser glaucoma therapies.

Laser cataract surgery with intraoperative real time lens power confirmations  ( no more post surgical surprises )

Advanced dry eye therapies

Master Cataract Surgeon , performed over 20,000 procedures. Innovator of the "5 minute Miracle"

Dr. Lakhani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Lakhani has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lakhani's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Bell's Palsy
  • Color Blindness
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Entropion

Completed in 1997

Williams College

Graduated in 1988

• Gujarati

Dr. Lakhani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lakhani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Optomap® Retinal Exam
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery