Rheumatology  |
Dr. Vipul Joshi, MD
Dr. Joshi graduated from BJ Medical College and Research Center in Ahmedabad, India in 1990. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, New Jersey in 1997 where he received the Best Intern Award and was named Chief Resident. He became board certified in Internal Medicine in 1997. He practiced internal medicine for four years before he decided to further his education in Rheumatology. He began his Rheumatology Fellowship in 2001 at Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Louisiana and graduated in 2003. Dr. Joshi has been practicing Rheumatology in Brandon since 2003. He founded Bay Area Arthritis and Osteoporosis to better serve the Rheumatology needs of the Tampa Bay Area. Dr Joshi is Board Certified in Rheumatology. He is a member of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR), the Florida Society of Rheumatology (FSR), and International Society for Clinical Bone Densitometry (ISCD). He is also a member of the American Institute of Ultrasound (AIUM) in Medicine and received training in musculoskeletal ultrasound at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY.Dr. Joshi is Primary Investigator for multiple national clinical research trials at BAAO. In his spare time, Dr. Joshi enjoys photography, reading, and traveling. He resides in Tampa with his wife and two children.

1355 Providence Rd

Brandon, FL 33511

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Joshi

See how frequently Dr. Joshi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fibromyalgia
Osteoporosis
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Dr. Joshi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Jersey Shore Medical Center
  • Lsu Health Sciences Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Joshi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Joshi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Joshi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Joshi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Joshi to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Joshi's Performance
in Plant City, FL |
Dr. Joshi and his staff does an excellent job with their services. They get an A+ for accommodating you with a missed or late appointments.
in Brandon, FL |
I started out so sick. I cried every time I came in the office because I felt so bad. Dr joshi is very empathetic and always said the right words. always made me feel like I was the only pt and was never in a hurry. He's a wonderful doctor and will never go to another rheumatologist office because I know I'm in good hands. Six years later and I feel great!!
in Brandon, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Joshi for 4.5 years. They are the best. All the staff are very friendly and answers your questions and If they don't know the answer they will get for you during your visit. I have Lupus and my Lupus is under control due to the fact that Dr. Joshi & his staff know what kind of medication is needed. The office manager will help you with any billing question you might have very efficiently.
Dover, FL |
I had an incident with Dr. Joshi and his so call Associates who payed no attention to the medication that Katrina Kemp prescribe for me Enbrel me.. when are you going to many times about what I was feeling she continued to prescribe it until I went online and found out that I was deadly allergic to it through Humanais Specialty Pharmacy I became very very ill.. When I called up to find out about a another prescription just questions the so-called manager was arrogant,. The situation never addres
Brandon, Fl |
Dr. Joshi is amazing, his wife Nina, office manager, is horrible. I've heard her call employees and patients, idiots. Horrible, money hungry woman!! Very insulting and demeaning!!
in Florida |
I heard Dr. Joshi's name come up several times when speaking about rheumatologists with friends and doctors during my search. I am so happy I listened and chose BAAO and Dr. Joshi. From the moment I walked in, I felt welcome and cared for by all. The administration, the nurses, ARNP, and Dr. Joshi have all been thorough, kind, and professional. So happy to be a part of this practice!
in Brandon, Fl |
Very happy with Dr. Joshi and his team. I have seen Dr. Joshi for over ten years and he is very thorough and knowledgeable. He takes his time and LISTENS to your concerns. I would highly recommend him.
in Apollo Beach, FL |
On my first visit to Dr. Joshi, I found him to be very gentle and understanding. My visit lasted an hour and 20 minutes and he examined every joint imaginable. I was very happy with his demeanor. He ran several tests to find out exactly what was lurking in my body; tests never run before from any other rheumatologist. I wasn't happy with my previous rheumatologist and I'm glad I made the change.
Riverview, FL |
Only accepts check or cash and no way to pay bill online. Let's get with the 21st century people. Now I received a letter stating they are withdrawing from professional attendance as my provider.
Tampa, FL |
Office employees rude and you pay by cash or check.. no debit or credit cards..
in Tampa, FL |
I have been going here for over 11 years and they are best! I totally recommend this office. I see Katrina and she is awesome!
in Tampa, FL |
I have finally found my Rheumy (1 yr-3 docs). Dr Joshi was recommend through a friend of a friend. She had great things to say about him, but not so great for the office staff. Things must have changed. The office staff was friendly, professional and provided overall great customer service. Dr Joshi is just amazing! He is patient, he listens, VERY knowledgeable, provides great pointers, VERY thorough and he ask the right questions. I'm happy!!!! (Rarely post a review for anyone)
in Valrico, Fl |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joshi's for over 12 years. The staff is 100% professional and helpful. I have seen other Rheumatologist's where I have actually waited over an hour to see them, and the actual time with the doctor was less than 5 min. That is not the case here whether you see him or any of the other staff members (Katrina Kemp PA). They have helped me with my Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!
in Lithia, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Joshi's for approx. 10-11 years. He is not only a great physician he is also kind, caring and concerned that his patients are treated with respect and dignity. He's always shown me respect and makes you feel you are his only patient. Both he and Katrina give me their utmost attention. The office is also ran efficiently and extremely clean. I have so much respect and appreciate the staff and all they do.
in Valrico, FL |
Treatment is just ok. He is standoff-ish. His office staff is horrible
in Brandon, FL |
All of my needs and concerns have been met with professional concern and answers. I trust Dr. Joshi and ALL of his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Vipul Joshi, MD?
Are you Dr. Joshi?