Dr. Vipul Dua, MD

Dr. Vipul Dua, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 53 years old

Dr. Dua specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in South Windsor, CT. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Dua? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Dua's Experience

See how Dr. Dua's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dua

Dr. Dua accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Dua has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Dua's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dua to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Dua
Dr. Dua's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (52)
in Ashford, CT |
I had a hip replacement done by Dr, Due. He totally prepared me as to what to expect. I woke from surgery with much less pain than I had been enduring, and improved rapidly. Four months later, I not only am pain free but I am able to move and do things I haven't been able to do for over a year! Dr. Dua is EXCELLENT!
in Ellington, CT |
I recently had a full hip replacment done by Dr. Dua. I am so glad he was recommended to me by Dr. Veltri. Dr. Dua and his staff were absolutley awsome in every phase. I would recommend him to anyone if you need hip replacement or any other ortho work. He was prompt, he was thorough, he took the time to answere all of my questions and concerns. I was back to work in my office in a little over two weeks! Thank you Dr. Dua and your staff. You're the Best !!!!!
in Terryville, CT |
I have had two procedures with Dr. Dua - one of which was to correct a procedure that another doctor screwed up. Both the operation on my knee and the one on my shoulder were successful. Being a patient of Dr. Dua is easy and I couldn't be happier with where I'm at now!
in South Windsor |
I could barely walk because both of my knee's were bone on bone. the left one was the worst. I had a total left knee replacement 1 year ago and I am now pain free in that knee. Going to have the right one replaced soon. I highly recommend doing all of the exercises that the therapists show you. I was doing them constantly and using an ice pack. after 4 weeks I was cleared to go back to work. 4 WEEKS!!!!
in Manchester, CT |
Got appointment within the Same week as calling. Xray taken there showed I needed a complete left knee replacdment. Very nervous so scheduled the surgery for end of summer. Dr. Dua and his PA very compassonate, informative, reassuring. Surgery day came and hospital staff extremely kind, professional and reassuring. Surgery went smooth. One month later no walker or cain. Driving and walking everywhere. Have had no pain some very minor discomfort. No narcotics only OTC pain meds. Very satisfied!
Scotland, CT |
Had surgery on knee yesterday, zero pain, walking and bending today! Little swollen but no more pain!!!
in Ellington, CT |
Immediately upon entering Dr. Dua's office, I knew I was in good hands. The staff is so caring and friendly. I had not been to an orthopedic in 32 years. I had a bad car accident when I was 26 years old, resulting in 31 broken bones. I was in a lot of pain and needed to find out what could be done. I need 2 new hips, but, also need to finish this semester. Kristen (and I'm sorry I don't your title, Kristen) was wonderful. We talked it through, and I will write more when I get the surgery!
in Ellington, CT |
Dr Dua repaired my shoulder. He thoroughly explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. He did an amazing job.
in East Windsor, CT |
The minute I walked into Dr. Dua's office I felt welcome and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. On my first visit Dr. Dua told me what my options were and I decided to try the shots first. They did not work so Dr explained what surgery could do for me. I attended his pre-op joint replacement education class which explained what would take place. It was very informative and helpful. It is one year since my surgery and I can walk without pain. Dr. Dua is excellent. A++ from me!
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
I needed a competent physician quickly for my broken fibula which was diagnosed yesterday at an Urgent Care facility. Since I live in Vernon, I checked and found Dr. Dua and staff. I was able to get an appointment for today - an immediate response. The entire staff (the receptionists, the PA, the nurse and of course, Dr. Dua) was extremely friendly and considerate as they explained my situation and various treatment approaches for my case. Their thoroughness and care were highlights.
in Coventry, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Dua for orthopedic surgery. He listens to your questions and concerns then gives straight forward answers and specific diagnosis to your problems. My hip pain was becoming debilitating when I first met Dr. Dua, but was I still quite unsettled when he told me hip replacement surgery was needed. His pre-operative joint replacement education class, fully explained exactly what I was getting myself into. Now, 3 years later, no cane, no pain, no hitch, no limp, perfect!
in Broad Brook, CT |
So far my whole experience at this office has been exceptional from start to finish. I didn't have to wait long to get and appointment. I didn't take them weeks to get my MRI approved through my insurance, just a matter of a few days. Dr Dua's assistant Christin went out of her way to make me feel comfortable with my MRI results and Dr. Dua himself was very personable and professional with presenting my options. I would recommend this office to any of family members and friends.
in Manchester, CT |
The office staff is very efficient and courteous and know who I am when I arrive. I had knee surgery and Dr. Dua performed it so well that i was walking the dame day! I healed very quickly and didn't have too much pain. The PA in the office was very attentive and explained things with great clarity and understanding and I was never rushed during any visits. For those who need hip or knee surgery, don't be nervousseek out Dr. Dua and his staff! He is highly rated and his staff is very supportive!
in South Windsor, CT |
My hip replacement was virtually pain free. I was up and walking with no pain and I only took excedrin. it was exactly as Dr. Dua and his staff told me. they were very friendly and definitely patient focused. I highly recommend Dr. Dua. I met other people who had Dr. Dua and they all said similar things. A great experience.
in Willington, CT |
I would highly recommend choosing Dr.Dua to anyone considering hip replacement based on my recent experience having both hips replaced over an eight week period. Both operations and my recuperation went flawlessly with no infection and very little pain experienced. Both operations only resulted in an overnight stay and next morning discharge from MMH.
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
The entire office was very pleasant and made you feel at home. The staff took a really caring attitude and was like a breath of fresh air. Office did not feel like an office but friends helping an injured friend. Would not hesitate to suggest Dr. Dua to anyone.
Vernon Rockville, CT |
Excellent care from he, Kristen and his staff
in Tolland, CT |
From the very first visit concerning my hip, Dr Dua answered every question that was ask of him. He also let me know that when I was ready for the hip replacement, to let him know and we would schedule the surgery. Once the surgery was scheduled, the procedure and PT that followed was explained and everything went as they said it would. It has been one year since the surgery and I am back doing everything prior to the surgery, skiing, golf. hiking, etc. The whole experience was great.
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
Dr Dua is a life saver . I now have two new hips and can walk pain free.The best thing I ever did was call him. I only wish I had more hips to replace.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr. Dua and his staff give you all your options, sometimes that does not always mean surgery. I had hip replacement surgery a year ago. Dr. Dua put me at ease with the surgery and told me my pain would be minimal. It was the best thing I did. Recently I had Pain in my left knee and was afraid I would need surgery again, after talking over my options he recommended a series of shots, gave me the appropriate material to read so I could make my decision. He has help me to regain my quality of life
in Manchester, CT |
Even though the waiting room was full, when Dr. Dua was with me I felt I was the ONLY patient he had. He patiently answered all of my questions. And went into detail about all of the possibilities for my situation. On a follow up visit I saw Dr. Dua's PA. who explained that cortisone shots (both knees) generally wear off. My next option is a shot to lubricate my knees. She informed me that when I FIRST start to feel pain again, I am to call to make an appointment. Which I shall do.
in Manchester, CT |
dr Dua and his staff are very professional and great to deal with. I just had my rotator cuff and bicep tendon repaired and I am back to work in 5 weeks due to the knowledge of this office, about 3 years ago I had my hip replaced with Dr Dua and his staff and that came out fantastic also. Angela is a great asset and very helpful, the front staff are very friendly and fun to talk with. Christin is a very caring PA and also very knowledgeable.
Although Dr. Dua was nice, his office staff were not responsive to his patients needs. I called to have a medical procedure scheduled his staff had not returned my calls for over a week. When I made my third call as I was in excruciating pain, his office staff responded they were short staffed and I was one of 60 patients waiting for call backs and they would do there best. It was obvious I needed to find another orthopedic doctor who's staff can appropriately respond to patients.
in South Windsor, CT |
I am a 60 something year old over weight woman. I have been suffering with hip pain for a long period of time. My primary care physician attributed it to my weight and more or less blew me off. I have recently lost some weight and experienced no relief. I saw Dr. Dua. He treated me with respect, diagnosed and corrected my medical condition not making it just a weight thing. I no longer have a severe limp after just 2 visits. He's magic as far as I am concerned!
in Ellington, CT |
this was by far the most pleasant and efficient medical experiences I ever had in my life.I had both my hips replaced(full hip)in a matter of the last 6 months and EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect! everyone connected with this office is A+ I'm ready to start training again and looking forward to a great summer at the beach. Surfs Up!!
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Dua performed my total hip replacement one month ago. I experienced very little discomfort immediately after and in the weeks following the procedure. The staff at Manchester hospital were professional and caring, I highly recommend Dr. Dua for your orthopedic needs.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr Dua treated me for 2 1/2 months for hamstring tendonitis with no results. He had done a back MRI which showed nothing. After insisting on a MRI on my hip(which was the problem) it was found that I have Stage IV lung cancer metastasized in my hip! I was in severe pain the whole time and found no relief until I had radiation from another doctor. Therefore, I could never recommend him to anyone!! I hope no one has to go through this!!!
in ellington ct |
fantastic dr. very caring progressive
in Vernon, CT |
I am taking this survey for my wife, Sylvia Morgan. Recently, Dr. Dua performed a hip replacement operation on her. She was very apprehensive. In the operating room, Dr. Dua calmed her & immediately inspired confidence in her. Yesterday we visited his office. He asked her many questions and also took the time to answer hers. The good news was he told her in 2 more weeks she could resume a normal schedule. She may soon have the same procedure on her other hip (w/Dr. Dua).
Vernon Rockville, CT |
i was a injured in 2014 the emergency care sent me to see Dr. Dua the level of professional care i received was out standing because of Dr. Dua and his staff i have successfully returned to worked and for that i am truly grateful if in my future i need to see Orthopedic Surgeon i would definitely choose Dr. Dua
in vernon, ct |
I would recommend Dr. Dua because he KNOWS what he is doing. He listens, he explains, He saw me when I had a problem and didn't know if what was wrong with me was something he could help me with. I had a hip replacement in 2011, still no problems, and was and still am very satisfied with his expertise..He sees me every two years now to keep an eye on my other hip. concerned, caring, the whole office staff are great people. It is a pleasure to go to his office, to see him, Crystyn, & staff.
in Coventry, CT |
Excellent work. Everyone was extremely pleasent and nice. They explained the process clearly so that I was comfortable.
in Tolland, CT |
Had 1st knee replacement 4 yrs ago. Recovery was ok, lengthy because of my own doing I think. I didn't give it my all. I just expected it to fix itself. I had my 2nd done Aug. 2015. Since November, I've been perfect. Like I never had any problem. Recovery was quicker, easier. Dr. Dua said parts have been improved. Either way, it's fantastic.
in Newington, CT 06111 |
When the Doctors at the Veterans Administration told me my hips were totally gone, I went to Dr,DUA and he replaced my left hip and now I cant wait till he does my right.My left hip feels great and I know my right will too. His skill and knowledge of the hips and knee's are second to none. Now that veterans can choose a Doctor outside the V.A., I tell them you owe it to yourself to have the best in your corner. R.C.Balavender 100% D.A.V. Vietnam
in Manchester, CT |
Dr replaced my left hip joint - great recovery, no problems Also have had knee treatments with good success Very friendly and well educated Dr
Have you seen Dr. Vipul Dua, MD?
Are you Dr. Dua?

Compare Dr. Dua

Dr. Dua says...

Dr. Dua trained under Dr. C.S. Ranawat, world renowned joint reconstruction surgeon and founder of the prestigious Knee Society of America. During his training under Dr. Ranawat, Dr. Dua was involved in numerous research projects and has published extensively in peer reviewed journals.

Dr. Dua's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Dua has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dua's Board Certifications

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Completed in 2002

Lenox Hill Hospital

Completed in 2003

• Hindi

Dr. Dua does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dua and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics