Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Vipul Dua, MD
Dr. Vipul Dua, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in South Windsor, CT. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Dua is affiliated with Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital.

VIPUL DUA MD LLC

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Dua

Dr. Dua's Experience

Dr. Dua's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Dua has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Dua does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dua and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dua's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dua to family and friends
Dr. Dua's Performance
in Tolland, CT |
This is my second hip replacement done by Dr.Dua and I can't thank him enough for making me pain free.He did my left hip 2 years ago and now the right hip.I did 3 weeks of physical therapy and after 1 month, I am walking without the use of a cane. Dr.Dua and his PA are exceptional surgeons and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing orthopedic care.
Vernon Rockville, CT |
An I give negative ten stars. Horrible dr. No compassion. Really does not answer your questions. Could careless you are in pain.
in Somers, CT |
Dr Dua and his staff are very caring and provide top level care. there goal is to make every one of there patients better and they do it is such a warm care atmosphere.
in South Windsor, CT |
I fractured my right ankle bone and was recommended by my primary doctor to see Dr. Dua. Staff and Doctors excellent. Close and convenient to home. Would recommend.
in Manchester, CT |
Saw Dr. Dua for my hip a year ago. With some injections and P.T., my issue was resolved. Just called for another issue with my wrist and hand, appointment made in 3 days, no long wait. Eager to have this resolved as well.
Hebron, CT |
Excellent care from Dr. Dua and Christin Del Buono.
in Enfield, CT |
I want to say that office is amazing! All the staff in this office had smiles on from the moment I walked in the door till when I left.... they were nice, patient and had a wonderful bedside manor. Dr. Dua was just as great, he took the time to examine me, listen to my symptoms and not once shrug me off as it was my weight that was contributing to my hip pain. I was treated with respect and given a few plans of action to chose from. I'm very excited to have him as my doc!
in South Windsor, CT |
An all around great experience. The entire staff were friendly and personable. I had 2 separate visits; one for a broken foot and the other for a shoulder problem. I saw P.A. Christin Del Buono on both occasions. She was courteous, professional and interested in what I had to say about my injuries. She took the time to go over the options I had and what was best for me. She was never judgmental. I highly recommend her for anyone who has orthopedic concerns
in Ellington Ct |
I had all the confidence, no worries. My first time with Dr. Dua & surgery. He answered all of my questions. Now I'm feeling so much better from my hand surgery. He has a great bedside manner, and a very nice gentlemen. I would use Dr. Dua again !!
in Tolland, CT |
Dr Dua & Christin PA-C were excellent! His entire staff were great including X-ray & Debbie the surgical scheduler. Dr Dua was highly recommended by my MD and a friend in her 80s who had her full hip done a YR ago. I had my full left hip replaced just over 6 MMs ago @ MMH which was great too! Walked the night of surgery, no issues with Epidural, 1 day @ MMH, never any pain, out-patient rehab, 2 WKs back to work, MMH Joint Effort class very helpful. One regret waited too long to get hip replaced.
in Manchester, CT |
Four weeks out from my second total knee replacement done buy Dr. Dua and I feel great. The office staff were excellent. Both Dr. Dua and his PA were very pleasent and listened and presented me with the facts. I had two very bad knees and was a candidate for total replacements. Both were replaced at MMH. Excellent care by everyone! Fantastic followup care. Walking the day after both surgeries. Extremely low pain and under control. Call or text me for more info. 860-712-6575 VERY SATISFIED !
in Ashford, CT |
I had a hip replacement done by Dr, Due. He totally prepared me as to what to expect. I woke from surgery with much less pain than I had been enduring, and improved rapidly. Four months later, I not only am pain free but I am able to move and do things I haven't been able to do for over a year! Dr. Dua is EXCELLENT!
in Ellington, CT |
I recently had a full hip replacment done by Dr. Dua. I am so glad he was recommended to me by Dr. Veltri. Dr. Dua and his staff were absolutley awsome in every phase. I would recommend him to anyone if you need hip replacement or any other ortho work. He was prompt, he was thorough, he took the time to answere all of my questions and concerns. I was back to work in my office in a little over two weeks! Thank you Dr. Dua and your staff. You're the Best !!!!!
in Terryville, CT |
I have had two procedures with Dr. Dua - one of which was to correct a procedure that another doctor screwed up. Both the operation on my knee and the one on my shoulder were successful. Being a patient of Dr. Dua is easy and I couldn't be happier with where I'm at now!
in South Windsor |
I could barely walk because both of my knee's were bone on bone. the left one was the worst. I had a total left knee replacement 1 year ago and I am now pain free in that knee. Going to have the right one replaced soon. I highly recommend doing all of the exercises that the therapists show you. I was doing them constantly and using an ice pack. after 4 weeks I was cleared to go back to work. 4 WEEKS!!!!
Scotland, CT |
Had surgery on knee yesterday, zero pain, walking and bending today! Little swollen but no more pain!!!
in Ellington, CT |
Immediately upon entering Dr. Dua's office, I knew I was in good hands. The staff is so caring and friendly. I had not been to an orthopedic in 32 years. I had a bad car accident when I was 26 years old, resulting in 31 broken bones. I was in a lot of pain and needed to find out what could be done. I need 2 new hips, but, also need to finish this semester. Kristen (and I'm sorry I don't your title, Kristen) was wonderful. We talked it through, and I will write more when I get the surgery!
in Ellington, CT |
Dr Dua repaired my shoulder. He thoroughly explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. He did an amazing job.
in East Windsor, CT |
The minute I walked into Dr. Dua's office I felt welcome and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. On my first visit Dr. Dua told me what my options were and I decided to try the shots first. They did not work so Dr explained what surgery could do for me. I attended his pre-op joint replacement education class which explained what would take place. It was very informative and helpful. It is one year since my surgery and I can walk without pain. Dr. Dua is excellent. A++ from me!
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
I needed a competent physician quickly for my broken fibula which was diagnosed yesterday at an Urgent Care facility. Since I live in Vernon, I checked and found Dr. Dua and staff. I was able to get an appointment for today - an immediate response. The entire staff (the receptionists, the PA, the nurse and of course, Dr. Dua) was extremely friendly and considerate as they explained my situation and various treatment approaches for my case. Their thoroughness and care were highlights.
in Coventry, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Dua for orthopedic surgery. He listens to your questions and concerns then gives straight forward answers and specific diagnosis to your problems. My hip pain was becoming debilitating when I first met Dr. Dua, but was I still quite unsettled when he told me hip replacement surgery was needed. His pre-operative joint replacement education class, fully explained exactly what I was getting myself into. Now, 3 years later, no cane, no pain, no hitch, no limp, perfect!
in Broad Brook, CT |
So far my whole experience at this office has been exceptional from start to finish. I didn't have to wait long to get and appointment. I didn't take them weeks to get my MRI approved through my insurance, just a matter of a few days. Dr Dua's assistant Christin went out of her way to make me feel comfortable with my MRI results and Dr. Dua himself was very personable and professional with presenting my options. I would recommend this office to any of family members and friends.
in Manchester, CT |
The office staff is very efficient and courteous and know who I am when I arrive. I had knee surgery and Dr. Dua performed it so well that i was walking the dame day! I healed very quickly and didn't have too much pain. The PA in the office was very attentive and explained things with great clarity and understanding and I was never rushed during any visits. For those who need hip or knee surgery, don't be nervousseek out Dr. Dua and his staff! He is highly rated and his staff is very supportive!
in South Windsor, CT |
My hip replacement was virtually pain free. I was up and walking with no pain and I only took excedrin. it was exactly as Dr. Dua and his staff told me. they were very friendly and definitely patient focused. I highly recommend Dr. Dua. I met other people who had Dr. Dua and they all said similar things. A great experience.
in Willington, CT |
I would highly recommend choosing Dr.Dua to anyone considering hip replacement based on my recent experience having both hips replaced over an eight week period. Both operations and my recuperation went flawlessly with no infection and very little pain experienced. Both operations only resulted in an overnight stay and next morning discharge from MMH.
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
The entire office was very pleasant and made you feel at home. The staff took a really caring attitude and was like a breath of fresh air. Office did not feel like an office but friends helping an injured friend. Would not hesitate to suggest Dr. Dua to anyone.
Vernon Rockville, CT |
Excellent care from he, Kristen and his staff
in Tolland, CT |
From the very first visit concerning my hip, Dr Dua answered every question that was ask of him. He also let me know that when I was ready for the hip replacement, to let him know and we would schedule the surgery. Once the surgery was scheduled, the procedure and PT that followed was explained and everything went as they said it would. It has been one year since the surgery and I am back doing everything prior to the surgery, skiing, golf. hiking, etc. The whole experience was great.
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
Dr Dua is a life saver . I now have two new hips and can walk pain free.The best thing I ever did was call him. I only wish I had more hips to replace.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr. Dua and his staff give you all your options, sometimes that does not always mean surgery. I had hip replacement surgery a year ago. Dr. Dua put me at ease with the surgery and told me my pain would be minimal. It was the best thing I did. Recently I had Pain in my left knee and was afraid I would need surgery again, after talking over my options he recommended a series of shots, gave me the appropriate material to read so I could make my decision. He has help me to regain my quality of life
in Manchester, CT |
Even though the waiting room was full, when Dr. Dua was with me I felt I was the ONLY patient he had. He patiently answered all of my questions. And went into detail about all of the possibilities for my situation. On a follow up visit I saw Dr. Dua's PA. who explained that cortisone shots (both knees) generally wear off. My next option is a shot to lubricate my knees. She informed me that when I FIRST start to feel pain again, I am to call to make an appointment. Which I shall do.
in Manchester, CT |
dr Dua and his staff are very professional and great to deal with. I just had my rotator cuff and bicep tendon repaired and I am back to work in 5 weeks due to the knowledge of this office, about 3 years ago I had my hip replaced with Dr Dua and his staff and that came out fantastic also. Angela is a great asset and very helpful, the front staff are very friendly and fun to talk with. Christin is a very caring PA and also very knowledgeable.
Although Dr. Dua was nice, his office staff were not responsive to his patients needs. I called to have a medical procedure scheduled his staff had not returned my calls for over a week. When I made my third call as I was in excruciating pain, his office staff responded they were short staffed and I was one of 60 patients waiting for call backs and they would do there best. It was obvious I needed to find another orthopedic doctor who's staff can appropriately respond to patients.
in South Windsor, CT |
I am a 60 something year old over weight woman. I have been suffering with hip pain for a long period of time. My primary care physician attributed it to my weight and more or less blew me off. I have recently lost some weight and experienced no relief. I saw Dr. Dua. He treated me with respect, diagnosed and corrected my medical condition not making it just a weight thing. I no longer have a severe limp after just 2 visits. He's magic as far as I am concerned!
in Ellington, CT |
this was by far the most pleasant and efficient medical experiences I ever had in my life.I had both my hips replaced(full hip)in a matter of the last 6 months and EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect! everyone connected with this office is A+ I'm ready to start training again and looking forward to a great summer at the beach. Surfs Up!!
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Dua performed my total hip replacement one month ago. I experienced very little discomfort immediately after and in the weeks following the procedure. The staff at Manchester hospital were professional and caring, I highly recommend Dr. Dua for your orthopedic needs.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr Dua treated me for 2 1/2 months for hamstring tendonitis with no results. He had done a back MRI which showed nothing. After insisting on a MRI on my hip(which was the problem) it was found that I have Stage IV lung cancer metastasized in my hip! I was in severe pain the whole time and found no relief until I had radiation from another doctor. Therefore, I could never recommend him to anyone!! I hope no one has to go through this!!!
in ellington ct |
fantastic dr. very caring progressive
in Vernon, CT |
I am taking this survey for my wife, Sylvia Morgan. Recently, Dr. Dua performed a hip replacement operation on her. She was very apprehensive. In the operating room, Dr. Dua calmed her & immediately inspired confidence in her. Yesterday we visited his office. He asked her many questions and also took the time to answer hers. The good news was he told her in 2 more weeks she could resume a normal schedule. She may soon have the same procedure on her other hip (w/Dr. Dua).
Vernon Rockville, CT |
i was a injured in 2014 the emergency care sent me to see Dr. Dua the level of professional care i received was out standing because of Dr. Dua and his staff i have successfully returned to worked and for that i am truly grateful if in my future i need to see Orthopedic Surgeon i would definitely choose Dr. Dua
in vernon, ct |
I would recommend Dr. Dua because he KNOWS what he is doing. He listens, he explains, He saw me when I had a problem and didn't know if what was wrong with me was something he could help me with. I had a hip replacement in 2011, still no problems, and was and still am very satisfied with his expertise..He sees me every two years now to keep an eye on my other hip. concerned, caring, the whole office staff are great people. It is a pleasure to go to his office, to see him, Crystyn, & staff.
in Coventry, CT |
Excellent work. Everyone was extremely pleasent and nice. They explained the process clearly so that I was comfortable.
in Tolland, CT |
Had 1st knee replacement 4 yrs ago. Recovery was ok, lengthy because of my own doing I think. I didn't give it my all. I just expected it to fix itself. I had my 2nd done Aug. 2015. Since November, I've been perfect. Like I never had any problem. Recovery was quicker, easier. Dr. Dua said parts have been improved. Either way, it's fantastic.
in Newington, CT 06111 |
When the Doctors at the Veterans Administration told me my hips were totally gone, I went to Dr,DUA and he replaced my left hip and now I cant wait till he does my right.My left hip feels great and I know my right will too. His skill and knowledge of the hips and knee's are second to none. Now that veterans can choose a Doctor outside the V.A., I tell them you owe it to yourself to have the best in your corner. R.C.Balavender 100% D.A.V. Vietnam
in Manchester, CT |
Dr replaced my left hip joint - great recovery, no problems Also have had knee treatments with good success Very friendly and well educated Dr
Have you seen Dr. Vipul Dua, MD?
Are you Dr. Dua?