Dr. Vineet Shah, DO

Dr. Vineet Shah, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Vineet Shah, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Merrillville, IN. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

101 E 87th Ave Fl 3

Merrillville, IN 46410

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Shah

See how frequently Dr. Shah performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Shah's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Shah "Treating patients as though they are my family has always been a pillar of my practice. As a physician, there is no greater satisfaction than seeing a patient I have come to know do well after treatment."

Dr. Shah does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• At Still University Health Sciences/Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Benesys Regional Medical Center, a Michigan State University Consortium Hospital
  • Ranawat Orthopedic Center At Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Shah has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Marathi
  • Urdu

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr. Shah is very caring and professional. He spent a generous amount of time with me during my recent hip surgery and wanted to make sure I was informed about the whole process. I would definitely recommend him to any family or friends.
in Valpo, Ind |
Dr.Shah went above and beyond for me. I unfortunately came to him with quite a bit of baggage and he hung in there with me the whole way. What an amazing surgeon and man. He says he treats his patients like family and that's exactly how I felt. He took great care of me both physically and mentally. I would and will recommend him to everyone. After all, if he can handle everything I threw at him, he can handle anything!!! I can't thank you enough Dr. Shah, for everything you did for me!!
VALPARAISO, IN |
Dr Shah did my knee replacement in Aug. 2016. I had the surgery on Monday and was sent home on Tuesday. The care was exceptional! A friend of mine had her total knee replacement up in Chicago with one of the "best" orthopedic surgeons. She and I would compare notes following post op. I believe because of the excellent skills, knowledge, and experience Dr Shah, my healing time was quicker with better results. My friend had to go back into surgery for a knee manipulation. Dr Shah truly cares
in Hebron, IN |
Dr. Shah performed my anterior hip replacement. Dr. Shah is a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon with the best demeanor you can ask for. He makes sure he answers all my questions, is extremely thorough in all aspects, and treats me as a person, not a number. I was also very impressed with his procedures for infection control. I was well informed prior to surgery, as well as after, by Dr. Shah and his staff. He is a very effective communicator. I highly recommend Dr. Shah to anyone!
in Crown Point, IN |
I went to Dr. Shah on a recommendation from my friend and patient of his. I had knee problems for a long time and I kept putting off the inevitable. I have been to a few other places over the years but first few minutes in the examination room I knew I was in the right place. Dr. Shah clearly explained everything that was going bad with my knees and how they can be fixed without making me feel he was pushing me into surgery (which I was scared to death of). Had knee replacement surgery on both.
in Lake Station, Indiana |
Great physician takes the time to explain to family members the complete process and follows up with them as soon as the procedure is complete. In 2010 I had the left knee replaced at another hospital and different doctor and was terrified of a repeat situation. I highly recommend Dr. Shaw to every one who is need of a great orthopedic surgeon who cares about his patient's and takes the time to listen really listen. L. Law
in Chicago, ill |
I had gone to a knee specialist prior to meeting Dr. Shah, and that whole experience left me in tears and having gone through some very unnecessary painful treatments. Dr. Shah was refreshing, he didn't do unnecessary procedures and when it came time for my knee replacement, Dr. Shah explained everything and really put me at ease. I prayed for the right Doctor and I got him, he let God use him in the surgery as well as put in the time in class and studying. Dr. Shah's bedside manners were great.
in Gary, IN |
Dr. Shah is amazing I needed 2 hip replacements and we found Dr Vineet Shah couldn't have asked for anybody better. My dad is a new man now with his 2 new hips. Dr Vineet Shah has a great bedside manner and explains exactly what's going to happen and then comes out and tells you how the procedure went. He is definitely the best in NWI we couldn't be any happier with the end result.
in Portage, In |
Dr Shah is one the best doctor I know. I had a knee surgery from another doctor in August of 2015 I didn't get any relief. I found doctor Shah and he had to redo my surgery. He literally changed my life my knee is much much better. Dr Shah has the greatest personality and best bedside manner. I recommended my sister and I would recommend anyone I know with knee problems.
in Merrillville, IN |
He is very easy to talk to, listens to your questions and answers them and if you have any other concerns goes over them with you. Staff has always been caring, helpful and courteous
in Hobart, IN |
I had two hip replacement surgeries with Dr. Shah and it gave me a new life! From the moment of making the appointment to the after care I felt very at ease and very cared about. I never felt like I was just another patient. Everyone is compassionate, and extremely concerned about your questions, fears, and any hesitation you may have, Now 6 months after my first surgery, I can run into the office with a smile on my face and no more pain!
in Valparaiso, IN |
A down to Earth person that most certainly acted and treated me with professional skills. He explained the procedure completely putting me at my ease, but more importantly the operation was a complete success. I would have no hesitation on recommending Dr Shah and telling my friends that they would be in safe hands. Follow up procedures were also first class. I did away with my crutches within 48 hours and after two weeks of Physical Therapy, (by Athletico in Valparaiso), feel like a new man.
in Hobart, IN |
Dr. Shah is an excellent doctor; takes time with his patient and is willing to listen. I would recommend anyone who needs orthopedic surgery to contact Dr. Shah.
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr. Shah repaired my torn meniscus. I am walking without pain and discomfort. My range of motion is wonderful. I have complete confidence in Dr. Shah.
Have you seen Dr. Vineet Shah, DO?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Visit Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 3 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Medicare