Dr. Vincent Russo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Vincent Russo, MD

Orthopedic surgery runs in my family. My father was an orthopedic surgeon and my son Matthew is currently completing an orthopedic fellowship in total joint replacement and will be joining my practice in September 2017. I have been practicing orthopedic surgery in Scottsdale for thirty five years. During this time, I have been privileged to treat as many as 3 generations of patients from the same family. As an orthopedist, I am able to improve the function and therefore the quality of my patients' lives. I especially enjoy the challenge of treating a variety of orthopedic problems, from sports-related injuries to total joint replacements. My surgical practice specializes in arthroscopic surgery and total joint replacements. I am honored to have been named a Top Doc by Phoenix Magazine once again for 2017.

...See Less

Dr. Russo's Experience

See how Dr. Russo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Russo

Dr. Russo accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Russo is now accepting new patients
Vincent J Russo MD, division of OrthoArizona, Scottsdale, AZ10290 N 92nd St Ste 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 860-1322Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Russo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Russo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Russo to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Russo's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I am a 76 year old professional tennis instructor at a luxury resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. Six weeks ago Dr. Russo replaced my left knee. The problem was 70+ years of competitive sports. I have now returned to giving lessons and hitting with guests. My hospital stay was one night and I have taken no pain medication since my discharge from the hospital. I can most heartily recommend Dr. Russo and his staff. His office staff is most friendly, helpful, on time and efficient.
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Russo has been my Orthopedists for thirty two years. He has been there for me for both of my knees as well as for a shoulder. His skills and his personal relationship with me has been on the highest professional level. I would not have had the quality of life that has allowed me provide for my family, enjoy the beauties of this great nation; and have a pain free retirement. I recommend Dr. Russo to those who require his expertise. Thank you Dr. Russo.
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Russo perform to my grandmother's hip surgery. Not only was he able to get her in in a timely manner but the surgery went without complication and she healed and recovered incredibly well. He did a great job and she was so happy.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
Dr. Russo is excellent. I had total right knee replacement on April 11, 2017. I am doing great. Left knee up next in early August. Russo's support staff is great as well.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Russo performed my total knee replacement March 21st, and the level of professionalism and skill he and his team consistently displayed throughout the process, from pre-op consulting to post-op care, was exemplary. I was kept informed of what to expect each step of the way, and the recovery process was so much better than what I expected. I am scheduled to have my other knee replaced the end of June, and I will again be entrusting Dr. Russo, a gifted surgeon, to perform the operation.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Greetings all: As a life-time orthopedic surgeon having done tens of thousands of major ops including major joint replacement over 40+ years, I can say that Vincent Russo, M.D., FACS, FAAOS , Ms. Jennifer L. Neil, MS, PA-C and staff treated me with the upmost respect, were timely, listened and responded well and showed excellent training, knowledge, expertise and experience in providing my hip replacement. Respectfully, David Schenkar, MD, Diplomat-American Board Orthopedic Surgery
in Scottsdale, AZ |
After 8 months of pain, agony and two previous surgeons opinions, I went to Dr. Russo on the recommendations of family and several friends. Dr. Russo pinpointed my problem immediately. The surgery was short, efficient and expertly performed. I left the surgical center pain free and mobile. He's an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. His office and team are great.
phoenix, az |
Dr. Russo is a wonderful Doctor. I had Total Knee Replacement Surgery in Feb. 2017. I felt really good right surgery, I was walking and bending my knee. I was so excited. 4 days after surgery I was going to PT. At 6 week checkup with Dr. Russo, he said I was ahead of schedule and doing good. I am so happy I went to Dr. Russo, he is a excellent surgeon and he really cares about his patients. His Assistant Jennifer and his office staff was so nice and helpful. Thank You Dr. Russo!!
in Cottonwood, AZ 86326 |
My experience with Dr. Russo for Hip surgery was excellent. I have recommended him to friends and friends of my family.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Vinny Russo performed a total left knee replacement for me on Feb 28,2017 at Scottsdale North Hospital. Absolutely no complications with the surgery and I was released from the hospital within 30 hours. Two weeks of at home therapy proved enough to send me to Spooner's with an initial measure of range of motion at 122 degrees.....four weeks later I'm at 132 degrees! I couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery and only wish I'd have had it done a year or two sooner. Thanks Dr. Russo
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I recently had total knee replacement surgery. Dr. Russo was my surgeon. I felt very connfident in his experience and level of professionalism. D. Russo's staff is very efficient and responsive and advised me along every step of the process. Post surgical care was especially important. I gladly would recommend Dr. Russo to family and friends. Suzan
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I had a total knee replacement on2/28/17. I was released on 3/12/17. Minimally invasive surgery techniques made this surgery highly successful. Dr. Russo is an excellent physician who surrounds himself with great efficient people. I highly recommend him and his work.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Russo has performed 2 knee replacements, several knee procedures and fixed a broken femur in our family. At our age 100% is not attainable but he came close. He always explained the procedures, recovery time and what to expect at each level. His approach is informative, friendly, empathetic, encouraging and positive. We have recommended him to friends and family.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Russo is an amazing Orthopedic Surgeon. At 77, my husband had his knee replaced 6 weeks ago with wonderful results. The pain is gone, his healing is coming along beautifully and we have Dr. Russo to thank. Dr. Russo replaced my knee 51/2 years ago with the same results. We followed their suggestions and process before and after the surgery. Being compliant is so important, especially from a well respected surgeon like Dr. Russo. We highly recommend the services of Dr. Russo.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Russo performed knee replacement surgery on my husband and was excellent in every way. I recently had a shoulder and knee issue and Dr Russo was very informative and caring. Both my husband and I highly recommend Dr Russo.
Phoenix, AZ |
May be a great surgeon, but arrogant. He only cares about doing his work and being left alone. Maybe he is tired? He doesn't seem to genuinely care about the patient, the patient's valid questions, and makes presumptions about patients in vulnerable positions and pain (someone without his knowledge and experience in the field of his expertise--obviously!) feel worse. Who needs that? Disheartening.
in Cave Creek, AZ |
My experience as a total knee replacement patient has been 100% satisfactory. I cannot believe I waited so long! I am now just 62 years old. Prior to the surgery my athletic life had come to a standstill. Because of the pain in my left knee, sometimes I found it impossible to even walk. I am a tennis player, and not being able to play was quite distressing. Yet, here I am ten months later...playing three to four times a week! I jump, run, turn, without pain. Dr. Russo is excellent!
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
Dr. Russo did a total knee replacement procedure on me in early February. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. Dr. Russo is an excellent surgeon. He and his staff were very professional and personable in my office visits and also in hospital visits after the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Russo for this procedure.
in Scottsdale, Az. |
Dr. Russo and his staff were top notch in every way. I had both knees done ( not at the same time ) and the results were better than I could have imagined. The results are perfect for this 80 year old. The office waiting time was very minimal and I always had adequate time with Dr. Russo. My ability to communicate with Dr. Russo by phone was always prompt. I couldn’t be happier. I have recommended him to several acquaintancrs
in Cornville, AZ |
Great care and great results. My recovery from full knne replacement is well ahead of schedule. Even my PT providers are impressed with the doctor's technique and the device he uses.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. performed a flawless repair to my right rotator cuff on November 18th. He possesses not only stellar medical skills, but is also compassionate and a great (and all-too-rare) 'bedside manner.'
in Scottsdale |
I've had 2 hip replacements done by Dr. Russo in the past several years. He did an excellent job, is very professional and a very good ortho surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Russo for any replacements you may need - knee, hip, shoulder, etc.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The procedure I had was a total knee replacement. I found Dr. Russo & his staff to be professional, knowledgeable & compassionate. All appointments easily accommodated my schedule. The surgery was performed without complications. At time of writing, I am 8 weeks from surgery, I continue with physical therapy and expect to regain full mobility. Based I my experience, I would highly recommend Dr. Russo.
in Payson, AZ |
Monday 11-7-16 The following is a testament to the consummate professionalism of Dr. Vincent Russo, M.D. at OrthoArizona in Scottsdale, As. As a retired nurse, I am critical of the medical and surgical care I receive. March of this year, Dr. Russo replaced my left hip and in September of this year he replaced my left knee. Dr. Russo's expertise, care, and absolute insistence of an excellent outcome is so apparent. On visits, pre and post-op, Dr. Russo listens and answers any and all questions
in Scottsdale, AZ |
We have both been patients of Dr. Russo over the past 10 years and have been fortunate enough to receive not only excellent medical advice but also the best of treatments that returned us to good health. Dr. Russo is a kind and caring man who listens to our concerns and provides an environment in which his staff is as kind and caring as he is. Dr. Russo is recognized as one of the top orthopedic surgeons in Arizona. We have also had friends upon whom he has operated with total success.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I have known Dr. Russo most of my life. He is the BEST orthopedic surgeon I have ever known. He is thorough, accurate, knowledgeable and has the best hands in the business! He keeps up to date on medical procedures and is honest about which procedure will be beneficial for the patient. He is totally devoted to his patients! I have recommended him to many of my friends and they have all been extremely grateful for how Dr. Russo has improved their quality of life!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Great doc! Hands of gold!
Have you seen Dr. Vincent Russo, MD?
Are you Dr. Russo?

Compare Dr. Russo

Dr. Russo says...

Dr. Russo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Russo has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Russo's Board Certifications

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

University Of Pittsburgh

Completed in 1981

College Of The Holy Cross

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Russo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Russo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery