Dr. Vincent Panella, MD

Dr. Vincent Panella, MD

Gastroenterology  |

I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Assoc and was trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and have been treating patients at my GI group practice office in Englewood, New Jersey since 1987. I have expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, video capsule endoscopy) as well as clinical liver disease, with specific interests in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis B&C, and peptic ulcer disease. Procedures are performed in my office based ambulatory surgical center which is AAAHC & Medicare certified and recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Quality Endoscopy Unit Program. Hemorrhoid treatments are also offered using the CRH O'Regan Banding System. My hospital affiliations include Englewood Hospital & Medical Center in Englewood, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. I am proud to have been named by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors in the NY Metro Area every year since 2002 and am a recipient of the 2013 Medical Society of NJ's Physician Recognition Award with Commendation for Continuing Medical Education. In 2013 I also earned an Educational Achievement Award from the ASGE for my participation in cutting edge endoscopic training programs. I am also a past President of the NJ Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Society from 2004-05. Of note is that I continue to voluntarily participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program in Gastroenterology. In 2014 I earned membership in the AGA's Bridges to Excellence IBD Care Recognition Program as a Level One provider. I am also a Premier Member in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. Lastly, I was again nominated a Top Doctor by Inside New Jersey Magazine for 2017.

Gastroenterology Group of Northern New Jersey

420 Grand Ave

Englewood, NJ 07631

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Panella

My goal is to provide compassionate, state of the art care for all of my patients. I believe in Personalized Medicine: the Right Patient, the Right Treatment, at the Right time with an emphasis on collaboration and shared decision-making.  I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association with training in the full spectrum of GI endoscopy with special interest in colon & rectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease,chronic hepatitis B&C, irritable bowel syndrome and hemorrhoid treatments. I am committed to preventive medical care with a team approach to healing.

Dr. Panella's Experience

Dr. Panella's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Sigmoidoscopy
  • Therapeutic Colonoscopy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Columbia University in the City of New York
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

• AMA Physician Recognition Award, 2009
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctor 10 year award, 2010
  • Ogilvie's Syndrome. Successful management without colonoscopy. Sloyer AF, Panella VS, Demas B et al, 1987

• Italian

Dr. Panella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Panella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Hackensack University Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Panella is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Panella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Panella to family and friends
Dr. Panella Says:

Our practice goal is to provide the best possible medical care to our patients in the Bergen County area. Thank you for your input - it is very valuable to myself, my partners, and my office staff. You are our number one priority!

Dr. Panella's Performance
in Wayne, NJ |
Dr Panella and his staff are so professional, they all make you so at ease.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff are hands down THE BEST! Dr. Panella makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed. He listens to you and explains everything. He has treated many of my family members I would recommend him in a heartbeat!!
in Englewood,, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff are great. The office is clean and a relaxing environment. His bed side manners are excellent, I definitely recommend Dr. Panella he is awesome and so is his staff. Cruz
in Haworth, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Panella for many years. His care has always been excellent. I would recommend him to everyone I know.
in Glen Rock, NJ |
Dr. Panella is a great doctor. He is understanding, kind, knowledgeable, and all around a great doctor and person. He is surrounded by superb partners and staff. My experience with them went smoothly and quickly. They made me feel comfortable, explained everything in detail and took good care of me. This is the practice you should go to.
in Cresskill, NJ |
EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND EASY TO TALK TO. VERY THROW. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY. HAD A COLONOSCOPY TODAY AND FELT VERY CALM WITH HIM.
in Closter |
A total professional with the ability to put you at ease when facing the unpleasant.
in Demarest, NJ |
Everyone at this center was fantastic from Dr Panella to the anesthesiologist, the nurses and the people taking care of me in the waiting room were great. Thank you to everyone.
in 07621 |
An extremely pleasant experience. Dr. Panella and the entire staff are personal and professional.
Lodi, NJ |
Dr. Panella is straight forward yet very relaxed and willing to answer as many questions as you may have. A pleasure to work with.
in West New York, NJ |
He is bery informative. He makes you feel extremely comfortable. The staff he works with is amazingly courtesy! Definitely will go back if need be AND recommend whomever needs an Endoscopy to see him.
Morristown, NJ |
excellent experience. Very professional environment.
in Cresskill, NJ |
Dr. Panella is amazing. He is an excellent gastroenterologist. Both my wife and I are his patients. We found him to be highly professional and caring. he took time to explain what's going on and would not do unnecessary procedures. His staff is highly competent and friendly.
in Teaneck, NJ |
I have found Dr. Panella to be thorough in his explanations of test results and plans of care.
West New York, NJ |
Knowledgeable doctor, excellent bedside manner, friendly staff.
in NJ |
Dr. Panella is a great doctor. He takes the time to listen to your concerns, and does a thorough exam. The office is very clean and his staff is very nice. Also, the place where he does his endoscopies, Northern NJ Center For Advanced Endoscopy, is very nice and clean. The nurses there are also very caring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella.
in Ft Lee, NJ |
My experience with Dr. Panella and his office staff was excellent. As a fellow professional (dentist) I found the staff courteous and attentive, and efficient. Dr. Panella was very thorough, and answered all my questions, without hesitation. His office was spotless, and waiting time was negligible. The same was true in his surgical suite. The staff there was very attentive to me, and were very interested in my comfort before and after the procedure.
in Bergenfield New Jersey |
Dr Panella is a great human being and excellent doctor, we recommend him 100%
Tenafly, NJ |
The colonoscopy experience was as good as it could be. I disliked having to have it in the afternoon instead of the morning.
in Dumont,NJ |
Dr. Panella is an outstanding physician who I have come to rely upon for many years for gastro issues.He brings to the diagnostic process many years of experience and training along with a thorough yet uncomplicated explanation of the issue and prescribed remedy. Often times these remedies are conservative and just common sense, thereby allowing the body to heal itself, and if that does not make one feel better, I do not know what does. I hope he does not retire, these MDs are so few today.
in Leonia, NJ |
This is my second procedure with Dr. Panella and I highly recommend him and his staff at Advanced Endoscopy Northern New Jersey Center, his professional and easy manor of talking and discussing the procedure to his patients made me feel at ease and comfortable with my own procedure.
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Great bedside manners. Kind and compassionate Love him
in Palisades Park, NJ |
I visited Dr. Panella & staff at the Norther New Jersey center for Advance Endoscopy today. I am extremely satisfied. Excellent attention from all specially from Dr. Panella.
Paterson, NJ |
My family and I are all patients of Dr. Panella. My procedure was completed on time and the doctor delivers the results immediately after. Overall excellent health care.
Ringwood, NJ |
Very pleased with my visit. Professional and friendly. Surgical center for colonoscopy was spotless and nursing staff is great!
in WOOD-RIDGE |
My experience at the Northern New Jersey Center for Advanced Endoscopy for a colonoscopy test by Dr. Panella by far exceeded my expectations.The entire team from the time I arrived till the time I was leaving to go home treated me as though I were family and this made me feel very comfortable and I knew I went to the right doctor for this procedure. Because of Dr.Panellas stellar bedside manner,and the totally awesome staff working alongside ,I would return and highly recommend this Dr. to all.
in Hackensack |
Very professional doctor and staff!!!
in Leonia, NJ |
Dr. Panella was very professional. He was one of the best physician I had met.
in FairLawn, NJ. |
The facility was very clean and modern. Parking was right there, no need to walk far. The front desk personnel were very courteous. The nurses and all other persons in the facility were very friendly, courteous and very understanding to the patients. I would recommend Dr. Panella and staff to anyone I know.
Paramus, NJ |
Excellent doctor, give full attention during visit .
in Union City, NJ |
Dr Panella listened to my parents problems with kindness and compassion. He gave us reading material to know how to go about changing certain lifestyle habits in order to achieve better health. There was no wait time in his office and when they had to go for an endoscopy/colonoscopy, the center they use is great. Clean organized and again full of a kind and nurturing staff
in Ridgefield, NJ |
This is my third colonoscopy with Dr. Panella in ten years. He was recommended by my sister who was a unit secretary at Englewood Hospital. Dr. Panella has an excellent bedside manner and instills the patient with a sense of comfort. He explains what he is going to do before the procedure and what the results are after. My mother is also a patient of Dr. Panella. I asked him about my mother's recent medical issues, and he took the extra couple of minutes to explain her condition.
Englewood, NJ |
My primary doctor recommended Dr. Pamela to me and I have been seeing him for colonoscopy. He is always pleasant and a good doctor. He told me that I did a great job preparing each time and he makes procedures easy for me. My husband sees him as well. I would definitely recommend him.
in Paramus, NJ |
Dr. Panella has always been professional and caring. He recently performed an endoscopy on me and he and his team were accommodating and sincere.
in Englewood, NJ |
Friendly, took time to consult and make recommendations.
englewood n.j. |
The next day it felt like nothing every happened.
in Fort Lee, New Jersey |
highly recommended!
in Tenafly, NJ |
Dr Panella is, by far, the greatest doctor. I have been seeing him for over ten years and would never go to any other doctor. He is compassionate and caring. He takes his time and explains everything. He goes the extra mile for his patients. But most of all, he is a Doctor and not a "businessman".
Paterson, NJ |
Excellent! Had a doctors visit with him 3 weeks ago & it went great, just completed my colonoscopy with Dr.Panella & I must say the procedure was a breeze he made me feel very comfortable the entire time. He also explained to me in detail the status of my condition after the procedure was finished.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Panella was great fully explaining everything that he was doing and what tot expect. Also, you did not feel rushed and spent time with me.
in Woodcliff Lake, NJ |
He is a very good diagnostician, is easy to talk to, and generous with his time.
in Tenafly, NJ |
It was a very good experience, he is very nice and thorough
Englewood, NJ |
Dr Panella performed a colonoscopy to me yesterday. It went very well. He is very competent and professional. I highly recommend Dr Panella to my friends and family.
in Hillsdale, NJ |
Excellent Doctor, excellent manners. He spends a lot of time with me when I am there.
in Norwood, NJ |
Very sincere and patient oriented mind
in NJ |
Dr. Panella is an excellent Physician/Gastroenterologist! He is very dedicated and well respected in the field. Dr. Panella is truly invested in the well-being of his patients. He and his staff are very professional & friendly with great bedside manners. He is extremely thorough and very efficient. He patiently listened to all my questions & concerns and took great liberty in answering them in detail. I never felt rushed. I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to all my friends & family.
in Wayne, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Panella for many years, primarily for routine periodic endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures. Dr. Panella and his staff have always been thorough in preparing me for these procedures and in their post-procedure follow up. Dr. Panella is extremely thorough in explaining his findings and addressing any additional concerns that I may have. I recommend him highly to anyone in need of gastroenterology services.
in Little Ferry, NJ |
I would certainly recommend Dr. Panella as he is an excellent doctor. He takes the time to explain every aspect of the procedure. I found Dr. Panella to be caring and concerned about any questions I had.
in Woodland Park, NJ |
Would recommend without reservation. Have had colonoscopy again with Dr. Panella, this time at new Northern NJ center for advanced endoscopy. Excellent staff of nurses, very professional, competent, and efficient. Dr. Panella explains what will happen well and also listens well.
in Ridgefield, NJ |
So friendly, professional and makes you feel so comfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Vincent Panella, MD?
Are you Dr. Panella?

Visit Dr. Panella

Dr. Panella accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    Choice POS
    Choice PPO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) POS
    GHI EPO
    GHI PPO
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey