Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

655 reviews

Gastroenterology | Male | 61 years old

I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Assoc and was trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and have been treating patients at my GI group practice office in Englewood, New Jersey since 1987. I have expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, video capsule endoscopy) as well as clinical liver disease, with specific interests in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis B&C, and peptic ulcer disease. Procedures are performed in my office based ambulatory surgical center which is AAAHC & Medicare certified and recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Quality Endoscopy Unit Program. Hemorrhoid treatments are also offered using the CRH O'Regan Banding System. My hospital affiliations include Englewood Hospital & Medical Center in Englewood, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. I am proud to have been named by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors in the NY Metro Area every year since 2002 and am a recipient of the 2013 Medical Society of NJ's Physician Recognition Award with Commendation for Continuing Medical Education. In 2013 I also earned an Educational Achievement Award from the ASGE for my participation in cutting edge endoscopic training programs. I am also a past President of the NJ Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Society from 2004-05. Of note is that I continue to voluntarily participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program in Gastroenterology. In 2014 I earned membership in the AGA's Bridges to Excellence IBD Care Recognition Program as a Level One provider. I am also a Premier Member in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.Read more

Gastroenterology Group of Northern New Jersey
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Dr. Panella is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

My goal is to provide compassionate, individualized, state of the art care for all of my patients. I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association with training in the full spectrum of GI endoscopy with special interest in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease,chronic hepatitis B&C, and hemorrhoid treatments. I am committed to preventive medical care with a team approach to healing.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Panella's Experience

See how Dr. Panella's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Panella

Dr. Panella accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Panella has admitting privileges.

Dr. Panella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Panella to family and friends
Dr. Panella Says:

Our practice goal is to provide the best possible medical care to our patients in the Bergen County area. Thank you for your input - it is very valuable to myself, my partners, and my office staff. You are our number one priority!

Dr. Panella's Performance
in Ridgefield, NJ |
This is my third colonoscopy with Dr. Panella in ten years. He was recommended by my sister who was a unit secretary at Englewood Hospital. Dr. Panella has an excellent bedside manner and instills the patient with a sense of comfort. He explains what he is going to do before the procedure and what the results are after. My mother is also a patient of Dr. Panella. I asked him about my mother's recent medical issues, and he took the extra couple of minutes to explain her condition.
Englewood, NJ |
My primary doctor recommended Dr. Pamela to me and I have been seeing him for colonoscopy. He is always pleasant and a good doctor. He told me that I did a great job preparing each time and he makes procedures easy for me. My husband sees him as well. I would definitely recommend him.
in Paramus, NJ |
Dr. Panella has always been professional and caring. He recently performed an endoscopy on me and he and his team were accommodating and sincere.
in Englewood, NJ |
Friendly, took time to consult and make recommendations.
englewood n.j. |
The next day it felt like nothing every happened.
in Fort Lee, New Jersey |
highly recommended!
in Tenafly, NJ |
Dr Panella is, by far, the greatest doctor. I have been seeing him for over ten years and would never go to any other doctor. He is compassionate and caring. He takes his time and explains everything. He goes the extra mile for his patients. But most of all, he is a Doctor and not a "businessman".
Paterson, NJ |
Excellent! Had a doctors visit with him 3 weeks ago & it went great, just completed my colonoscopy with Dr.Panella & I must say the procedure was a breeze he made me feel very comfortable the entire time. He also explained to me in detail the status of my condition after the procedure was finished.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Panella was great fully explaining everything that he was doing and what tot expect. Also, you did not feel rushed and spent time with me.
in Woodcliff Lake, NJ |
He is a very good diagnostician, is easy to talk to, and generous with his time.
in Tenafly, NJ |
It was a very good experience, he is very nice and thorough
Englewood, NJ |
Dr Panella performed a colonoscopy to me yesterday. It went very well. He is very competent and professional. I highly recommend Dr Panella to my friends and family.
in Hillsdale, NJ |
Excellent Doctor, excellent manners. He spends a lot of time with me when I am there.
in Norwood, NJ |
Very sincere and patient oriented mind
in NJ |
Dr. Panella is an excellent Physician/Gastroenterologist! He is very dedicated and well respected in the field. Dr. Panella is truly invested in the well-being of his patients. He and his staff are very professional & friendly with great bedside manners. He is extremely thorough and very efficient. He patiently listened to all my questions & concerns and took great liberty in answering them in detail. I never felt rushed. I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to all my friends & family.
in Wayne, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Panella for many years, primarily for routine periodic endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures. Dr. Panella and his staff have always been thorough in preparing me for these procedures and in their post-procedure follow up. Dr. Panella is extremely thorough in explaining his findings and addressing any additional concerns that I may have. I recommend him highly to anyone in need of gastroenterology services.
in Little Ferry, NJ |
I would certainly recommend Dr. Panella as he is an excellent doctor. He takes the time to explain every aspect of the procedure. I found Dr. Panella to be caring and concerned about any questions I had.
in Woodland Park, NJ |
Would recommend without reservation. Have had colonoscopy again with Dr. Panella, this time at new Northern NJ center for advanced endoscopy. Excellent staff of nurses, very professional, competent, and efficient. Dr. Panella explains what will happen well and also listens well.
in Ridgefield, NJ |
So friendly, professional and makes you feel so comfortable.
NJ |
He was pleasant and took his time with me on my consultation answering all my questions. I liked his upbeat attitude, made me feel more relaxed especially the day of the procedure. I would like to mention that I was a little disappointed with the Endoscopy Center. I did not hear from them prior to the procedure as mentioned in their brochure, so I called the day before and asked if I could speak to a nurse. The center said they would give her the message. I never heard back from them.
in Ridgefield, NJ |
My experience with my colonoscopy was very pleasant beginning from the scheduling an appointment to the office staff, the nurses and the Drs. Dr. Panella is a very compassionate and thorough Doctor and explains every detail to you. He made me feel comfortable and I highly recommend him to my family and friends. Excellent!!
in New City, NY |
The level of care that I received at Dr. Panella's practice was outstanding! Everything that I experienced, from the reserved parking for my car to the level of professionalism of the entire staff, was exceptional. A credit to Dr. Panella, a brilliant doctor.
in Wood-ridge,NJ |
Made me feel at ease right away. Knew what had to be done and that is what counts.
in bergenfiled nj |
I have been his patient for over 8yrs now, would highly recommend Dr.Panella to family and friends. Dr.Panella has help me out with many stomach issues that I had suffered from for many years until I met Dr.Panella. hes very caring about his patients and funny of course, but his staff is too. staff is very helpful and very caring as well as he is.
in Montclair, NJ |
Great doctor. Great bedside manner. Very caring.
in Wyckoff, nj |
I have found Dr. Panella to be an excellent doctor, who I have gone to for approx. 20 years.
in Paramus, NJ |
Dr. Panella is very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and truly takes his time to explain the procedure. He makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. My colonoscopy went very well and I felt extremely well afterwards. He truly is a great doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is extremely nice, efficient and very professional. The facility where the procedure is performed is beautiful and very clean. I was very impressed and pleased with the whole experience.
in Hoboken, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Panella for many years and most recently I underwent a medical procedure. DR Panella and his staff are always courteous and professional. Dr. Panella is also very knowledgeable in his expertise of GI medicine.
in Little Ferry, NJ |
Dr panalla and staff the best
in Cliffside Park, NJ |
I am happy to say I have a doctor that I trust, has always been on time, always provides detailed explanation and answers my qeustions. He has never rushed me.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Originally wanting to find a doctor I had no affiliation with due to the type of problem I was experiencing, I ended up deciding on Dr. Panella for his outright professionalism, honest answers and exceptional bedside manner. Dr. Panella is extremely personable, thorough and approachable.
in Dumont, NJ |
Dr. Panella's front office ran like a charm. Staff was friendly and helpful. He was pretty much on time for my appointment and the entire procedure went seamlessly and without complication. When it was over, I was amazed at how good I felt with no discomfort or after effects.
Teaneck, NJ |
Very friendly snd accommodating staff.
in Edgewater, NJ |
He was very professional and gave me clear description and guidelines to the procedure. His nursing staff was also very good, spending time with me so I would now exactly how to prepare and to answer my questions. Eventhough I had never had an operation before, the doctor and his staff put me at ease throughout the process.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
Perfect blend of experience, knowledge, expertise, bedside manner and humor. always a brilliant experience. always feel like he is talking to me as a personal case, not just moving me along or giving me a general drug to treat my condition generally. i am very pleased i found Dr P 4 years ago and would never consider anybody else
in Cliffside Park, NJ |
Dr. Panella is a great doctor. From office visiting, preparing, till the time of my procedure, Dr. Panella and his staffs are all very professional and courteous. Everything is well instructed, very thorough, well explained, and efficient. The ‘Advanced Endoscopy’ located at Sylvan Ave looks great and very clean. All of the above give me the confidence knowing I am in good hands! I highly recommend Dr. Panella to my family, friends and others.
in BERGENFIELD |
Great experience always willing to help the patients
Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Panella is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, kind and professional. He takes the time to explain all aspects of your visit (procedures, symptoms, medications, etc. No questions or concerns are left unanswered. One of the best physicians I have ever dealt with. This is the reason I brought my 91 year old father to see him. Dr. Panella went out of his way to make him feel comfortable and calm while doing an endoscopy.
in Hoboken, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff are very courteous and professional. I had my colonoscopy at the new facility on Sylvan Avenue and I was very satisfied. The doctor was thorough in explaining my procedure and made me feel very comfortable.
in New York |
He is a very thorough and thoughtful clinician. He seems to care about his patients and takes the time and effort to call and update, as well as thoroughly explain his recommendations.
in denver, new york |
My wife and I live in Upstate new york and would never go to a Dr. locally. Dr. Panella and his staff satisfy us 100% , well worth the trip for our peace of mind..
in Dumont, NJ |
went for colonoscopy/endosocopy done in less than 2 hours. no pain no worries done in a jiffy. highly recomend dr. panella
in River Edge, NJ |
Great doctor and wonderful person. I've recently been diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis. Very, very painful condition and stressful. Dr. Panella's office was very receptive and quick to schedule an appointment for me. Most specifically, Dr. Panella provided excellent medical treatment to expedite a healthy recovery for me. He is a caring and talented physician with a genuine interest in helping his patients' achieve good health. Need more good docs like Panella!
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Dr.Panella and his staff were very professional. He explained the procedure and the whole experience was very comfortable. Thanks!!
Dr. Panella is very professional. He takes the time to explain all procedures before they happen. I did not, however, appreciate being asked to sign financial papers the day I show up for a procedure when I was preoccupied & nervous about my procedure. In addition, when lying on a stretcher in the procedure room waiting to get started, an anesthesiologist shoves a paper in my face for me to sign without any explanation as to what is says and which I can't even read without glasses. Not good.
Englewood, NJ |
He was knowledgeable, professional, explained the procedure carefully to me and I was very comfortable with the experience.
in North Bergen, NJ |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to anyone who is looking for an old fashioned type of doctor who actually takes the time to listen to his patients. I took my mom for a visit and she loved the doctor's bedside manner. He is very warm and personable quickly setting my mom's nervousness at ease. Very professional and compatatent .
in Dumont, NJ |
Doctor Panella is very professional courteous and explaines the details of your medical condition. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
in Manchester nj |
Dr. Patella eliminated my concerns. He was so nice and sweet. Thank you for your professionalism. ?
in River Edge, New Jersey |
Dr. Panella is a very knowledgeable doctor. He made me feel at ease about my third colonoscopy. The whole thing took less than 1 hour. His staff is top notch also and his office is very clean. I would recommend to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD?
Are you Dr. Panella?

Dr. Panella's Care Philosophy

Dr. Panella says...

I have been practicing clinical gastroenterology since 1987 and am Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology (FACG) a Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF) and a Member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE).  I am board certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine and am participating in the ABIM's maintenance of certification program (MOC) in Gastroenterology.

Dr. Panella says...

I have been performing diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy since 1987 and has attended numerous continuing medical education courses in fiberoptic and capsule endoscopy and was awarded an Educational Achievement Award by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in 2013.  I have been trained in the CRH O'Regan Hemorrhoid Banding system to help patients obtain relief from this common problem.

Dr. Panella says...

Dr. Panella's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

• AMA Physician Recognition Award, 2009
    • Castle Connolly Top Doctor 10 year award, 2010
    • Ogilvie's Syndrome. Successful management without colonoscopy. Sloyer AF, Panella VS, Demas B et al, 1987

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Panella's Board Certifications

• Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 1987

Columbia University In The City Of New York

Graduated in 1978

• Italian

Dr. Panella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Panella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy