Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 60 years old

Gastroenterology Group of Northern New Jersey
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Dr. Panella is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Panella's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Panella's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Panella

Dr. Panella accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Panella has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Panella

Dr. Panella's Review Details
4.9 based on 583 responses
Experience with Dr. Panella
Dr. Panella's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (559)
Dr. Panella says

Our practice goal is to provide the best possible medical care to our patients in the Bergen County area. Thank you for your input - it is very valuable to myself, my partners, and my office staff. You are our number one priority!

in Bergenfield, New Jersey |
Dr. Panella is one of the very best! He always does the right thing. He takes the time to explain what's wrong and how he's going to fix it, he never rushes through an office visit. He's a great doctor!
in Mahwah, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff were very professional. I felt very comfortable and safe. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking these types of services.
in Wyckoff NJ |
Dr.Panella did my colonoscopy and, for the second time, my endoscopy. He was kind and gentle and very aware of my apprehension with the procedures. He got me through it all and made it pleasant for me.
Westwood, NJ |
Very thorough and personable. Great bedside and office manner. He takes the time to explain everything to you in detail, including the pictures of your procedure. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Panella and his staff.
in Fairview, NJ |
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy performed by Dr. Panella just yesterday 7/19/16 and I am very happy with how I was treated in the waiting room and in the prep room by all staff members. Dr. Panella is an excellent Doctor and I have been going to him for many years, he is very compassionate, he asks questions and listens to you. His staff members call you before and after the procedure to make sure you are fine and/or have any questions. Thank you Dr. Panella.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ |
Dr. Panella performed a colonoscopy for me this past week at the wonderful new facility in Englewood Cliffs. Everything was comfortable, timely and the doctor and the staff was courteous and very professional.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
My father went to Dr. Panella several times when he had colon cancer. He is now cancer free. His explanation to my dad was very clear. Very considerate of him as well. I just went. Again, very respectful, kind and knows how difficult this screening can be. I wouldn't go to anyone else. My husband is next to go! Every staff member is friendly, understanding of your discomfort, and accommodating to your needs.
in Closter, NJ |
Dr.Panella was extremely concerned with my welfare. He was very thorough in his explanation of the colonoscopy procedure. He made me feel relaxed and confident that everything would be okay.
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Dr. PAnella spoke to me before and after the procedure. He answered my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Everyone was very professional and organized.
in Bergendield, NJ |
I was very impressed how Erica responded regarding my problem with my insurance company Also the entire staff were very helpful and pleasant. Dr. Panella was outstanding in explaining the results of my procedure. All in all a very pleasant experience.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Excellent experience, Staff attentive ,polite, Professional,& caring.
in Englewood, NJ |
It was a very kind and courteous experience. I felt very much at ease and confident that everything was going to go well. and it did. thanks again, two thumbs up for Dr. Panella and staff.
in Fort Lee, NJ |
Dr Panella is at the top of his game and is a physicians physician. He is punctual, knowlgeable, courteous, concerned, and pleasant. Most of all he is thorough and explains the procedures and results without rushing. I always recommend him with no reservations.
in Englewood, NJ |
It's good because I get my test with the doctor & he explain everything about how to follow the treatment. I definitely recommend Dr. Panella.
in Fort Lee, NJ |
Very professional y the highest customer service Standard.
in Hillsdale, NJ |
Great doctor. Compassionate man.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr. Panella listened to me carefully, explained the tests required, and instructed his staff to help me scheduling tests. He shows he cares and willing to understand my problems. He is an excellent doctor I can trust.
in Highland Mills, NY |
It was a pleasant experience. Dr. Panella and his staff were very professional, courteous and informative. I had a routine procedure, but if I needed treatment for any gastrointestinal problem I would highly consider having Dr. Panella treat me.
in Cresskill, NJ |
Dr. Panella is caring ,concerned and commands attention in his communication and surgical skills. when he is discussing your case ,he is focused on you and only you. i have had 2 procedures performed by him and his skilled staff and would recommend him as indicated above with 5 stars
in Oradell, NJ |
I had my first appointment with Dr Panella today after coming highly recommended from my father in law. I was unimpressed, to say the least, with the experience. I had to answer the same question 5 times and correct him on the answer just as often. I left feeling just as uneasy as I felt when I got there. Hopefully this was just an off day. He also took a phone call in the middle of my appointment which was unprofessional and rude.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
He really cares about his patients and listens to what they have to say. He is very understanding and comfortable to be in his care.
Paramus, NJ |
IIs a very understanding Dr. and very easy to talk to. Does not rush you.
in Bloomfield, NJ |
Dr. Panella has exceptional bedside manner. He explained the procedure in a straightforward detailed manner.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Very thorough, communicates and does not rush. Excellent at explaining issues.
in Secaucus NJ |
Dr. Panella is by far the nicest, easy going, down to earth doctor you can ask for. I have been a patient for 5 years. He makes you feel comfortable explains everything in a way you can easily understand. Is always upbeat and frendly. The office is clean comfortable the staff is great. He is a well respected doctor in the hospitals hes affiliated with. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am writing this review the waiting room after a colonoscopy. So if that tells you anything.
in Cliffside Park, NJ |
Doctor is extremely knowledgeable in general practice matters, as well as in specialty areas. He has uncommon broad knowledge of many fields. In his own specialty, he is tops. He takes his time with explanations and cross-referencing , answering patient questions completely. D.r.Panella is also a pleasant, caring person.
in Cliffside Park, NJ |
i had colonoscopy on the 3,24,16
in Elmwood Park, NJ |
I am very happy with the office staff and Dr. Panella. I have been going to Dr. Panella for a number of years and I have always been happy with his services. I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to anyone.
in Paliades Park, NJ |
Dr. Panella is always jovial, friendly and is not afraid to tell the patient the truth. He is courteous and just an outspoken person. I would always recommend to my family, friends and associates.
in UNION CITY New Jersey |
THE BEST DR. SUPER GOOD, THE BEST DOCTOR TO ME AND ALL MY FAMILY. FLORES,RIVERA,NUNEZ,GARCIA, TK. GOD AND BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY,PLUS HE STAFF.GOODDDDDDDDD.EXCELLENT
in Englewood, NJ |
It was a seamless experience for the colonoscopy. I felt comfortable and assured.
in River Edge, NJ |
I would recommend dr. Panella to others. He is on top of all my medical history and answer questions in detail. I feel very confident in his care.
Obtained an appt fairly quickly. Had a 9am appt traveled all the way from Bronx. N.Y. Arrived at 8am by 10:30am I still had yet to be triaged. Everyone who came before and after me had come and gone. I'm talking a good twenty ppl. By this time the office is empty. White guy comes in with no appt wanting to see this same doctor and he gets immediately sent to the back as if I was invisible and did not matter. Highly upset I questioned the desk person for about the fifth time. I was told I had to
in West Caldwell NJ |
Fantastic Doctor , not 100% satisfied with the office staff. They ran out of gowns for the procedures:(
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Yes I would recommend Dr. Panella and his office to others. The only thing is that you must leave a message most times and someone calls you back. They do return the calls but you have to wait a day or two.
in Demarest, NJ |
Dr. Panella is a highly skilled, knowledgable gastroenterologist. In addition, he and his office staff are friendly and positive and make endoscopies as easy as possible. I would highly recommend to friends and family. 5 stars. James Fosshage, Ph.D.
in Ramsey, NJ |
I will always recommend Dr. Panella to friends and family. He is professional while also providing a very comfortable atmosphere during visits. Extremely knowledgable and explains your condition in a language that is clearly understood. An excellent doctor.
in Ft Lee, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Panella. This is my third time for a colonoscopy with him, and each time I've found him to be very professional and has always given me the time to answer all my questions.
in Paramus, New Jersey |
Great doctor, now I have my wife going to him - (and my wife doesn't like to change doctors too often) He is easy to talk to and he listens to any and all concerns. Colonoscopy was a breeze... Thank you dr Panella! Mike
in Dumont, NJ |
Awesome with a capital A !!!! First time for procedure and I was very nervous. Dr. Panella and his staff were very kind and made everything so easy. Would recommend Dr. Panella to EVERYONE !!!!! My Mom has also used Dr. Panella and his group for years!
in New Milford, NJ |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to a friend or relative. When I first met with him, I tried to explain the discomfort I was experiencing. He asked me many questions to try and help me, he actually seemed concerned. When I returned to have the procedure performed, he was polite and courteous. After the procedure, we had a very informative consultation in his office and he described what he did, what he found and how he took care of it.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff, nurses and anesthesiologist, were extremely courteous, reassuring and showed genuine concern for my comfort. Waking from the procedure the nurse was very pleasant and offered suggestions on how to relieve stomach discomfort. Dr. Panella takes the time to speak to you following the procedure explaining exactly was he did and what you must do to in the future.
Ridgefield, NJ |
In hindsight (pun intended) worrying about my 1st colonoscopy was really unnecessary. Dr. Panella and staff were absolutely excellent from start to finish. They answered all my questions at the office visit and over the phone. Drinking the prep solutions the day before and morning of isn't exactly a walk in the park, however you know it must be done to get the most accurate scan possible. The procedure itself was a breeze, it was quick, woke up feeling great, not even realizing it was done.
Ridgefield, NJ |
Dr. Panella & his staff are both very professional and very easy to speak with. The prep before was exactly as explained, and the procedure went extremely well. No discomfort at all. I highly recommend Dr. Panella and his staff. Thank you.
in Ridgefield, NJ |
Dr. Panella is an exceptional and caring doctor. I have been going to him for many years and recommended him to my family and friends. During the examinations he listens to my/your concerns, answers my/your questions and thoroughly explains the testing procedures required. He also thoroughly explains the results in a caring manner. Dr. Panella leaves no question answered. He will do everything that is needed to care for you. BEST DOCTOR!!!!!
in Teaneck, NJ |
Had my colonoscopy done with Dr. Panella and it was as good as it can be, Didn't even feel it and no effect from the anesthesia. Dr. Panella was thorough in his explanations and is patient with my questions.
Cresskill, NJ |
He was efficient, friendly, and informative
in Teaneck, NJ |
Over the years Dr. Panella has been wonderful. He explains everything in language that I, as a non medical professional, can understand. His manner is reassuring and comforting. His staff is extremely professional.
in Lyndhurst, NJ |
Dr. Panella is very thorough and takes the time to explain everything in detail. He listens to your symptoms and tests for every possible cause.
in Fairview, NJ |
Very friendly ,experienced and easy to talk to.
Have you seen Dr. Panella?

• Gastroenterology
  • Liver Disorders

Why It Matters: Dr. Panella's Board Certifications

• Gastroenterology

Dr. Panella says..

I have been practicing clinical gastroenterology since 1987 and am Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology (FACG) a Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF) and a Member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE).  I am board certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine and am participating in the ABIM's maintenance of certification program (MOC) in Gastroenterology.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Panella says..

I have been performing diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy since 1987 and has attended numerous continuing medical education courses in fiberoptic and capsule endoscopy and was awarded an Educational Achievement Award by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in 2013.  I have been trained in the CRH O'Regan Hemorrhoid Banding system to help patients obtain relief from this common problem.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • CRH Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Sigmoidoscopy
  • Therapeutic Colonoscopy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

New York Medical College

Columbia University In The City Of New York

Graduated in 1978

• AMA Physician Recognition Award, 2009
    • Castle Connolly Top Doctor 10 year award, 2010
    • Ogilvie's Syndrome. Successful management without colonoscopy. Sloyer AF, Panella VS, Demas B et al, 1987

• Italian

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Panella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Panella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Panella's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Panella

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Panella's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Panella

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Panella says...

I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Assoc and was trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and have been treating patients at my GI group practice office in Englewood, New Jersey since 1987. I have expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, video capsule endoscopy) as well as clinical liver disease, with specific interests in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis B&C, and peptic ulcer disease. Procedures are performed in my office based ambulatory surgical center which is AAAHC & Medicare certified and recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Quality Endoscopy Unit Program. Hemorrhoid treatments are also offered using the CRH O'Regan Banding System. My hospital affiliations include Englewood Hospital & Medical Center in Englewood, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. I am proud to have been named by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors in the NY Metro Area every year since 2002 and am a recipient of the 2013 Medical Society of NJ's Physician Recognition Award with Commendation for Continuing Medical Education. In 2013 I also earned an Educational Achievement Award from the ASGE for my participation in cutting edge endoscopic training programs. I am also a past President of the NJ Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Society from 2004-05. Of note is that I continue to voluntarily participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program in Gastroenterology. In 2014 I earned membership in the AGA's Bridges to Excellence IBD Care Recognition Program as a Level One provider. I am also a Premier Member in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.

Dr. Panella's Care Philosophy

My goal is to provide compassionate, individualized, state of the art care for all of my patients. I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association with training in the full spectrum of GI endoscopy with special interest in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease,chronic hepatitis B&C, and hemorrhoid treatments. I am committed to preventive medical care with a team approach to healing.