Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

Dr. Vincent S. Panella, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 60 years old

I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Assoc and was trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and have been treating patients at my GI group practice office in Englewood, New Jersey since 1987. I have expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, video capsule endoscopy) as well as clinical liver disease, with specific interests in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis B&C, and peptic ulcer disease. Procedures are performed in my office based ambulatory surgical center which is AAAHC & Medicare certified and recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Quality Endoscopy Unit Program. Hemorrhoid treatments are also offered using the CRH O'Regan Banding System. My hospital affiliations include Englewood Hospital & Medical Center in Englewood, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. I am proud to have been named by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors in the NY Metro Area every year since 2002 and am a recipient of the 2013 Medical Society of NJ's Physician Recognition Award with Commendation for Continuing Medical Education. In 2013 I also earned an Educational Achievement Award from the ASGE for my participation in cutting edge endoscopic training programs. I am also a past President of the NJ Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Society from 2004-05. Of note is that I continue to voluntarily participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program in Gastroenterology. In 2014 I earned membership in the AGA's Bridges to Excellence IBD Care Recognition Program as a Level One provider. I am also a Premier Member in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.Read more

Gastroenterology Group of Northern New Jersey
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Dr. Panella is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

My goal is to provide compassionate, individualized, state of the art care for all of my patients. I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association with training in the full spectrum of GI endoscopy with special interest in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease,chronic hepatitis B&C, and hemorrhoid treatments. I am committed to preventive medical care with a team approach to healing.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Panella's Experience

See how Dr. Panella's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Panella

Dr. Panella accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Panella has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Panella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Panella to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Panella
Dr. Panella's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (585)
Dr. Panella Says:

Our practice goal is to provide the best possible medical care to our patients in the Bergen County area. Thank you for your input - it is very valuable to myself, my partners, and my office staff. You are our number one priority!

Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Panella is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, kind and professional. He takes the time to explain all aspects of your visit (procedures, symptoms, medications, etc. No questions or concerns are left unanswered. One of the best physicians I have ever dealt with. This is the reason I brought my 91 year old father to see him. Dr. Panella went out of his way to make him feel comfortable and calm while doing an endoscopy.
in Hoboken, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff are very courteous and professional. I had my colonoscopy at the new facility on Sylvan Avenue and I was very satisfied. The doctor was thorough in explaining my procedure and made me feel very comfortable.
in New York |
He is a very thorough and thoughtful clinician. He seems to care about his patients and takes the time and effort to call and update, as well as thoroughly explain his recommendations.
in denver, new york |
My wife and I live in Upstate new york and would never go to a Dr. locally. Dr. Panella and his staff satisfy us 100% , well worth the trip for our peace of mind..
in Dumont, NJ |
went for colonoscopy/endosocopy done in less than 2 hours. no pain no worries done in a jiffy. highly recomend dr. panella
in River Edge, NJ |
Great doctor and wonderful person. I've recently been diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis. Very, very painful condition and stressful. Dr. Panella's office was very receptive and quick to schedule an appointment for me. Most specifically, Dr. Panella provided excellent medical treatment to expedite a healthy recovery for me. He is a caring and talented physician with a genuine interest in helping his patients' achieve good health. Need more good docs like Panella!
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Dr.Panella and his staff were very professional. He explained the procedure and the whole experience was very comfortable. Thanks!!
Dr. Panella is very professional. He takes the time to explain all procedures before they happen. I did not, however, appreciate being asked to sign financial papers the day I show up for a procedure when I was preoccupied & nervous about my procedure. In addition, when lying on a stretcher in the procedure room waiting to get started, an anesthesiologist shoves a paper in my face for me to sign without any explanation as to what is says and which I can't even read without glasses. Not good.
Englewood, NJ |
He was knowledgeable, professional, explained the procedure carefully to me and I was very comfortable with the experience.
in North Bergen, NJ |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Panella to anyone who is looking for an old fashioned type of doctor who actually takes the time to listen to his patients. I took my mom for a visit and she loved the doctor's bedside manner. He is very warm and personable quickly setting my mom's nervousness at ease. Very professional and compatatent .
in Dumont, NJ |
Doctor Panella is very professional courteous and explaines the details of your medical condition. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
in Manchester nj |
Dr. Patella eliminated my concerns. He was so nice and sweet. Thank you for your professionalism. ?
in River Edge, New Jersey |
Dr. Panella is a very knowledgeable doctor. He made me feel at ease about my third colonoscopy. The whole thing took less than 1 hour. His staff is top notch also and his office is very clean. I would recommend to anyone.
in Bogota, NJ |
First time getting the colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures. The doctor and his staff took care of me very well. I left the clinic very happy and satisfied. Highly recommended.
in NJ |
Dr. Panella is a knowledgeable, caring doctor. He has a great bedside manner and took the time to listen and make me feel comfortable. His staff is first rate, too. They listen and never make you feel rushed. I highly recommend him.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Panella is a great doctor. He listened to my concerns, explained things well to me, and gave me a number of solutions to my issue. He performed a colonoscopy and afterwards i felt fine as if nothing had ever happened. Great office, very clean, and efficient.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
I have never been to any medical professional that kept to appointment times like Dr. Panella and his staff. My appointment was for a 2:30 colonoscopy and at 2:31 the IV was in my arm (by the anesthesiologist) and he was shaking my hand ready to start the procedure. I was fully awake by 2:50.
in avon,nj |
understanding & truly goes that extra to help patients.
in Cresskill, NJ |
Dr. Panella is my primary care doctor and I have had colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures with him. In every situation he is very professional, thoughtful, and knowledgeable. He is exceptional in that he gives you the time necessary to ask questions and get answers. His staff is first-rate attending to every detail and his new facility is outstanding.
in Dumont, NJ |
Dr. Panella is fantastic. He is thorough, gentle and cares about his patients 100%. Colonoscopy went so smooth. Totally recommend him.
in North Bergen, NJ |
I recommend Dr. Panella 100%. He values the patient in all forms. The endoscopy went very smooth.
in New Milford, NJ |
I have had both colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures with Dr. Panella. He is very professional, thorough and caring.
in Demarest, NJ |
Easy prep from 6 years ago. New facility opened in Feb 2016 is spectacular, personable and efficient staff, very pleased with experience
in Closter, NJ |
I felt comfortable right away after meeting Dr. Panella at the initial consult for screening colonoscopy. The office staff was pleasant and organized. The overall experience was pleasant. I would recommend the screening procedure with Dr. Panella and his team.
in Wyckoff,NJ |
I had a colonoscopy procedure done by Dr. Panella.He was very professional and explained the procedure and told me what to expect. I was very pleased with Dr. Panella. My only criticism was that I wished I had more time to lay down in the recovery room afterwards. I experienced some abdominal cramping after my procedure and I felt I needed more time to rest/recover than what was given to me, and maybe I got up too fast which contributed to my cramping.
in Bergenfield, New Jersey |
Dr. Panella is one of the very best! He always does the right thing. He takes the time to explain what's wrong and how he's going to fix it, he never rushes through an office visit. He's a great doctor!
in Mahwah, NJ |
Dr. Panella and his staff were very professional. I felt very comfortable and safe. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking these types of services.
in Wyckoff NJ |
Dr.Panella did my colonoscopy and, for the second time, my endoscopy. He was kind and gentle and very aware of my apprehension with the procedures. He got me through it all and made it pleasant for me.
Westwood, NJ |
Very thorough and personable. Great bedside and office manner. He takes the time to explain everything to you in detail, including the pictures of your procedure. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Panella and his staff.
in Fairview, NJ |
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy performed by Dr. Panella just yesterday 7/19/16 and I am very happy with how I was treated in the waiting room and in the prep room by all staff members. Dr. Panella is an excellent Doctor and I have been going to him for many years, he is very compassionate, he asks questions and listens to you. His staff members call you before and after the procedure to make sure you are fine and/or have any questions. Thank you Dr. Panella.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ |
Dr. Panella performed a colonoscopy for me this past week at the wonderful new facility in Englewood Cliffs. Everything was comfortable, timely and the doctor and the staff was courteous and very professional.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
My father went to Dr. Panella several times when he had colon cancer. He is now cancer free. His explanation to my dad was very clear. Very considerate of him as well. I just went. Again, very respectful, kind and knows how difficult this screening can be. I wouldn't go to anyone else. My husband is next to go! Every staff member is friendly, understanding of your discomfort, and accommodating to your needs.
in Closter, NJ |
Dr.Panella was extremely concerned with my welfare. He was very thorough in his explanation of the colonoscopy procedure. He made me feel relaxed and confident that everything would be okay.
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Dr. PAnella spoke to me before and after the procedure. He answered my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Everyone was very professional and organized.
in Bergendield, NJ |
I was very impressed how Erica responded regarding my problem with my insurance company Also the entire staff were very helpful and pleasant. Dr. Panella was outstanding in explaining the results of my procedure. All in all a very pleasant experience.
in Bergenfield, NJ |
Excellent experience, Staff attentive ,polite, Professional,& caring.
in Englewood, NJ |
It was a very kind and courteous experience. I felt very much at ease and confident that everything was going to go well. and it did. thanks again, two thumbs up for Dr. Panella and staff.