Dr. Vincent Panella, MD

Dr. Vincent Panella, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Vincent Panella, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Englewood, NJ and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1982 and specializes in gastroenterology, liver disorders, and more.Read his story

420 Grand Ave

Englewood, NJ 07631

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)

Learn about Dr. Panella

See how frequently Dr. Panella performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Diverticulosis, Intestinal
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Panella's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Panella's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Panella "I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Assoc and was trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and have been treating patients at my GI group practice office in Englewood, New Jersey since 1987. I have expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy, video capsule endoscopy) as well as clinical liver disease, with specific interests in colorectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis B&C, and peptic ulcer disease. Procedures are performed in my office based ambulatory surgical center which is AAAHC & Medicare certified and recognized by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Quality Endoscopy Unit Program. Hemorrhoid treatments are also offered using the CRH O'Regan Banding System. My hospital affiliations include Englewood Hospital & Medical Center in Englewood, NJ and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. I am proud to have been named by Castle Connolly as one of the Top Doctors in the NY Metro Area every year since 2002 and am a recipient of the 2013 Medical Society of NJ's Physician Recognition Award with Commendation for Continuing Medical Education. In 2013 I also earned an Educational Achievement Award from the ASGE for my participation in cutting edge endoscopic training programs. I am also a past President of the NJ Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Society from 2004-05. Of note is that I continue to voluntarily participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program in Gastroenterology. In 2014 I earned membership in the AGA's Bridges to Excellence IBD Care Recognition Program as a Level One provider. I am also a Premier Member in the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. Lastly, I was again nominated a Top Doctor by Inside New Jersey Magazine for 2017."

This content was provided by Dr. Panella "My goal is to provide compassionate, state of the art care for all of my patients. I believe in Personalized Medicine: the Right Patient, the Right Treatment, at the Right time with an emphasis on collaboration and shared decision-making.  I am a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterological Association with training in the full spectrum of GI endoscopy with special interest in colon & rectal cancer prevention and diagnosis, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease,chronic hepatitis B&C, irritable bowel syndrome and hemorrhoid treatments. I am committed to preventive medical care with a team approach to healing."

• Gastroenterology
  • Liver Disorders

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Columbia University in the City of New York
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

• AMA Physician Recognition Award, 2009
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctor 10 year award, 2010
  • Ogilvie's Syndrome. Successful management without colonoscopy. Sloyer AF, Panella VS, Demas B et al, 1987

• Italian

Dr. Panella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Panella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Panella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Panella to family and friends
based on 753 total reviews (202 with comments)

Dr. Panella's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Panella Says:

Our practice goal is to provide the best possible medical care to our patients in the Bergen County area. Thank you for your input - it is very valuable to myself, my partners, and my office staff. You are our number one priority!

Great Doctor with an exceptional bedside manner.
in New Jersey
I highly recommend Dr. Panella to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist. He was referred to me by my general doctor and I couldn’t be happier. He’s very articulate and answers all questions in a clear manner. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly as well.
in Franklin, NJ
Dr. Panella performed a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. He and his staff were professional and attentive. I was in and out quickly, comfortably and as scheduled. I found him easy to talk to. I felt very comfortable with them taking care of me. and I would recommend him.
in Guttenberg NJ
I actually already have confidently recommended Dr. Panella to those seeking a professional, caring, knowledgeable & courteous G.I. doctor. Not only is the good Doctor a pleasure to work with, his competent & friendly staff also make the G.I. experience far better than one might otherwise expect....more
in Montgomery New York
I have made countless appointments throughout my life with different GI doctors and never felt comfortable with any of them. I felt like they didn't listen to my issues and prescribed me the wrong things every time. I almost gave up hope, until I found Dr. Panella. He listened, was willing to...more

Are you Dr. Panella?