Dr. Vincent Nguyen, MD

Dr. Vincent Nguyen, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Vincent Nguyen, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Prairieville, LA. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

17520 Old Jefferson Hwy # B

Prairieville, LA 70769

• Peoples Health
  • TPA

Learn about Dr. Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen's Experience

Dr. Nguyen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice
This content was provided by Dr. Nguyen "I believe that everyone should care about their health and staying healthy. They should make informed decisions about their health. I am a consultant for their health, for when they tell me their problems or stories, I will listen. I will then use my medical knowledge to give them options to improve their health. I will offer explanations and help them decide as well. Then the patient will go away from the clinic with understanding and the ability to improve and take care of themselves."

• Family Practice

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Bedsores
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchitis
  • Bunion
  • Burn Injuries
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Liver Damage from Alcohol
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Otitis Media
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Venous Insufficiency

• Skin Biopsy
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Wound Care and Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University of Mississippi
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Baton Rouge General Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baton Rouge General Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Nguyen has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Nguyen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nguyen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nguyen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nguyen to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Nguyen's Performance
Baton Rouge, LA |
I feel so much better reading these reviews. I thought it was me. I also have never left a review in my life. Upon leaving my last appointment, I overheard him complaining about me to the nursing staff. I was totally humiliated as everyone could hear what he was saying. Even the nurse told him he was being too loud. I hope none of his patients ever feel the way he made me feel and I could never recommend him after this behavior.
Baton Rouge, LA |
When I went to see Dr. Vincent, he was upfront and honest with me. He made me take a different approach on my lifestyle when it came down to being healthy. He doesn't sugarcoat things, he tells you how it is. I like that because it makes me to know that my health can either save my life or destroy it. And his two nurses are the best, especially Shelia. She takes her time with you and listens thoroughly. Also Lauren makes sure to return calls in a timely manner. She is knowledgeable and helpful.
Dallas, TX |
I am extremely confident in saying that Mr. Ngyuen is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. I lasted two visits with him before I went elsewhere. He barely takes the time to allow you to explain your condition. Arrogant, loves to brag, and spends 90% of the visit talking about himself. Diagnosis without asking the most elementary level of questions. Even caught him in a lie on my last visit. Please take yourself & your family to a more competent doctor for your own sake. I would give 0 star
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I started seeing Dr. Nguyen when he took over the practice from Dr. Curtis. He seems like he cares, talks a lot about healthy habits, exercise, etc. Explains a lot. But he told me walking doesn't count, that I should pay tennis instead. Also doesn't not care about emotional health at all. He doesn't have time, says he is not a psychologist. I started dreading the visits every 6 months and realized it's time to move on.
Gonzales, LA |
I was a patient of Dr Nguyen's for around 2 years. He always seemed to take the time to explain things which I liked, but on a recent visit things changed. I had a primary reason for the visit and a couple of other questions. The Nurse relayed this to him. When he entered the room the first thing he said to me is "we need to hurry up" and proceeded to tell me how he was trying to speed up the process so that he could see more clients. Looking for a new Dr. Would not recommend this Doctor.
Prairieville, LA |
I think Dr Nguyen is a fantastic and very smart doctor. I was really shocked but some of the review I have read here. He will tell you what you don't want to hear, but that is his job, he is your doctor, not your friend. He told me I was overweight and needed exercise, and he is correct - my cholesterol was high and I am pre diabetic. Yes he talked a lot, but it was to educate me on my conditions and the dangers they pose for my health over the next 10-20 years. My entire family sees him!
Prairieville, LA |
Dr. Nguyen is always very nice and polite. However I do always feel rushed during my appointments. I would say he's not the best doctor I've seen but not the worst either. He does order tests that I request but I normally have to be pretty durn persistent. His office staff are very friendly and always return my calls promptly. I also never have a problem making appointments, I always get in quickly. For reference, I have been visiting this practice for about 7 months now.
Gonz, LA |
I have never bothered to leave a review for almost anything. I decided to take the time to review Dr. Nguyen in the off chance that it might spare one person from having to deal with him. Dr. Nguyen has the bedside manner of a bull. He prefers to talk over you instead of listen, and assume instead of ask. Very pleased with the sound of his own voice and all together unpleasant.
in Prairieville, LA |
Dr. Nguyen simply does not listen but instead enjoys hearing himself talk. He tried to force immunizations that I declined and refused to do a hormonal blood panel that I requested. When I told him I didn't want to hurt my knees by playing tennis more than 3 times per week, he told me that I wasn't exerting myself enough. I left there frustrated knowing I would never return. There's so many great doctors out there but he's not one of rhem
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Nguyen is more concerned with how much money he is making, and how many patients he's seeing than genuinely helping anyone. He has no empathy, and does not listen to key details that could help his medical assessments. Avoid unless it is an absolute emergency.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Nguyen is an unfriendly and egotisticalet practitioner. He enjoys exerting his superiority and making you feel like you are an idiot. Avoid him unless you want to develop a complex emotional disorder.
Prairieville, LA |
Dr. Nguyen is a very poor listener. He has made me feel uncomfortable since the first appointment I ever had with him. I don't feel like I could trust him to make good decisions about my health and I would not go to him for anything more serious than a sinus infection.
Have you seen Dr. Vincent Nguyen, MD?
Are you Dr. Nguyen?