Dr. Vincent J. Caracciolo, MD

Dr. Vincent J. Caracciolo, MD

151 reviews

Cardiology | Male | 43 years old

Dr. Caracciolo obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biology at Clarkson University, where he graduated with honors, he went on to earn his M.D. from St. George's University School of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at Yale University – Norwalk Hospital Program where he was the recipient of multiple awards including Resident of the Year for 1999 – 2000, Peer Award, Team Care Achievement Award and the Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award. Dr. Caracciolo completed a three year fellowship in cardiovascular disease at the University of Stony Brook, N.Y. "I enjoyed a very active and diverse medical training which included, not only top notch clinical instruction from medical leaders, but also had multiple publications in several medical journals including the Journal of the American Medical Association," said Dr. Caracciolo about his experiences preparing for a career in medicine. Trained in many aspects of cardiovascular disease including clinical cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and invasive non-interventional cardiology, Dr. Caracciolo has a special interest in coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, general medical electrophysiology as well as preventative cardiovascular medicine. Dr. Caracciolo beagn medical practice on the First Coast after practicing in Sarasota County for three years.Read more

First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA

Patient Testimonials

First Coast Heart & Vascular Center stands as an all-inclusive cardiac and vascular practice. At First Coast Heart & Vascular Center we serve our patients with quality, compassion and integrity. We have locations in Duval, Clay, St. Johns and Flagler counties. Dr. Caracciolo is a founding member of First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA. "I believe an informed patient is a healthier patient."Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Caracciolo's Experience

See how Dr. Caracciolo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Caracciolo

Dr. Caracciolo accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Caracciolo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Caracciolo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caracciolo to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Caracciolo
Dr. Caracciolo's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (135)
in St aug fl |
He was awsome took time an explained things to me wasnt in a hurry an remembeted me on my next visit mafe me feel safe an the lafys that helpef me on my days of appt are the greatest i told everyone the experience an to come to see dr C thank ypu all
in Saint Augustine Florida |
Dr. C is an amazing personal doctor who treats you as an individual and not as a patient very impressed with his bedside Manner and he's always there for me when I need him thank you so much dr. C
in Palatka, FL |
Very professional yet communicates so the patient can understand & feel comfortable.
St Augustine, FL |
Superb DR -- gets to the point - superior recommendations - outstainding staff support
in Saint Augustine, Florida |
Dr.Caracciolo is the utmost professional and a tribute to his craft. Skilled, personable and friendly manner always. A Class act!
in Crescent City, FL |
Dr. C has been my doctor for about six years. He always has time to listen and then explain any questions I might have. If I am having a problem he checks everything completely which certainly puts me more at ease knowing I am getting excellent care.
in St Augustine, FL |
I retired with 40+yrs experience as an RN in Oct'15 and moved to St. Augustine. Jan '16 developed chest pain with increasing severity. I knew no physicians. Chose my PCP from the internet who referred me to Dr. C. Though aware of my background he took the time to explain everything pre/post heart cath. I respect he didn't hesitate to call in a 2nd opinion to help me avoid open heart. He cared about me, my needs and the best approach. Bottom line no open heart, I'm fine. He's the best.
Palatka, FL |
I felt very comfortable at my first visit with the staff and doctor. Dr Caracciolo was thorough and cared about what I had to say. I feel reassured now that my health needs will be met.
St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C is a very good Dr. One of the best!
Palatka, FL |
Was very personable, thorough, and took time to explain test results.
in St Augustine, FL |
I felt that Dr caracciolo put me on the wrong medication and it was also terribly expensive. I felt awful for an enire year. He recommended me to have heart valve surgery but the surgery, although an awful experience, did not fix my condition. I had mitral valve regurgitation and I still had mitral valve regurgitation 6 months later. I had an ejection fraction of under 50 after the surgery that was supposed to fix everything.I did rehearch and determined that I should go to Mt sinai hospital
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C is one of the finest physicians I have known. His concern for his patients and his knowledge and his skill as a doctor are simply the best!
in St Augustine, FL |
excellent doctor who cares and that means a lot to some one like me who has had open heart operation
in St Augustine, FL |
Thank you for saving my life Dr C. ??
in St Augustine, FL |
Professional, considers factors that vary for me as an individual from the average patient.
in St Augustine, FL |
Extremely competent doctor; highly recommend
in St Augustine, FL |
I saw Dr C in December he is a great Dr and really cares about his patients He listens to my concerns and always makes sure my heart is good love Dr C
in St Augustine, FL |
Very likeable and explains everything in great detail! So glad I found this group!
Palm Coast, FL |
I am dealing with multiple health issues and Dr. Caracciolo has put me at ease when it comes to my heart issue. He referred me for heart surgery which was necessary and has followed up extensively. There is no other cardiologist I would go to and have referred close friends to see him. We thank the Lord every day for the wonderful, caring doctor he is and pray he has a long and successful practice.
Great Dr!!! Very knowledgeable and a great people person
in St Augustine, FL |
He spent a lot of time talking to me- never felt rushed and he explained everything. Very personable.
St Augustine, FL |
Always listens and is willing to explain until and so you can understand. Not so scary to get older with a Doctor C. Office staff is always courteous and Robin in Echo is so obliging to make you comfortable. happy 2017
in St Augustine, FL |
I have complete faith in Dr. C's care and recommendations. He is on time with his appointments, spends as much time as needed when discussing test results and making recommendations. I highly recommend him to my family and friends. He is very business-like, yet at the same time, very caring. Lindsey C. Smith, Ed.D
in interlachen, fl |
Unperceptive to situation at hand. Felt like I was being rushed through steps like a production line. Didn't show concern for purpose of visit, never asked " what kind of surgery do you need to be cleared for? Take care see you in 6 mo.
in Palatka, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo always listens to my concerns and answers my questions in terms that I can understand and has responded in a way that is easy to understand.
in Saint Augustine,Florida |
Dr.Caracciolo is a fantastic Doctor!He took his time with me and explained everything to me.He encouraged me to lose weight.I'am happy to say,I lost the weight and got off the blood pressure medicine he had me on!I never felt so good!I highly recommend Dr.Caracciolo!
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C as he is referred to, is first and foremost professional and caring. He explains your condition in detail and takes as much time as you feel is necessary.
in Jacksonville, FL |
He was absolutely amazing with the care he gave my mother. His staff was also welcoming and a tentative to us both, very respectful and knowledgeable. The doctor made my mom as well as me feel confident and secure when we left.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C has seen treated me since December of 2015, I am happy to say under Dr C's care I have my blood pressure under control and have been able to greatly reduce the medication I was on. When meeting him thru the ER for heart problems he gave me a plan of new meds, exercise, CPAP use and my new favorite socks! He tells you his opinion and gives his medical advice, I didn't need a buddy I needed a doctor. He's one of the best. Thank you Dr. C
in San Mateo, FL |
He is very kind and considerate, he really knows his stuff. If I have any concerns, he addresses them with me. And always finds out what is wrong. I really can't say enough about him. I really trust him with my health. Here's to you Dr. C.
in Palm Coast, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Caracciolo. He knows what he's doing in matters of the heart!
in St Augustine, FL |
Hello. I am a Physician's Daughter. I am a Physician, so, I know how it should be. I can only tell you how professional, relaxing, efficient, informative, & TERRIFIC these visits were. From the Staff at the front Desk, to the Technician that did my tests, to the Doctor that gathered my initial info, prescribed the tests needed, then explained the follow up results. Everyone was great, supportive & knowledgeable,. especially, Dr. Caracciolo. I recommend this practice highly & exclusively.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr C is always patient, caring, and very professional. In my opinion, he literally saved my life by initially scheduling the tests necessary to establish a base line diagnosis and discovered blockage which would have resulted in a (possible) severe heart attack. I recommend him without reservation. Every member of his staff is always supportive and professional.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo saved my life along with Dr. Crisco, they worked on me for hours making a stent work that a lot of Drs would of gave up and opened my chest open. Excellent Dr.s
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo is obviously knowledgeable, and he is very skillful at explaining complex issues without condescension. He is pleasant, professional and efficient while not seeming to rush his patients out the door. He's one of the best doctors we've seen in Florida.
in Elkton FL |
Dr. C is up on the latest medical developments. He has shared new information which doesn't appear on WedMD until a few weeks later. He also spends some time educating me. I am not a two minute patient despite being on Medicare .
in St Augustine, FL |
Very personable, clear discussion of condition and prognosis. Would strongly recommend to family and friends
St Augustine, FL |
Very knowledgeable, he explained the specifics of my condition and drugs to treat it being very specific at a level I could understand.
in Palm Coast, FL |
I was sent by my general family Dr., to see Dr. Caracciolo for my blood pressure. Seems it was hard to get my blood pressure under control. Dr. Caracciolo got me under control, immediately. I was thrilled. For that, alone, I would recommend him for my friends.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo spent time listening to my questions/concerns in a manner that made me feel like I was his only patient.
in Palatka, Fl |
Dr. Caracciolo is a very caring person. I recommend him with a 5 star + rating. Sam Wimberly
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C is compassionate and caring. He takes time to explain your condition in terms that you can understand. He tells it like it is. His office runs very efficiently. You are seen within a few minutes of your scheduled appointment time. The nurses are here the best.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr C knew I had a blockage the first time I spoke to him. He suggested a wrist radial procedure to check it out and sure enough, I had a 95% blockage in the LAD. The procedure performing Dr put the stent in right then and there and saved my life as they suggested I may have been a week or so away from a massive heart attack. Great people with great knowledge. I will be forever grateful to him for seeing me so soon and changing my life.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. C is one of the most thorough doctors we have met. We sincerely appreciate his care and follow up and have recommended him to several people.
Most caring and special
in Palm Coast, FL |
needs to work on his office side manners. should not talk down to people.needs to make sure he updates info on person he is seeing. i had my valve replacment done and he didnt know that
in St Augustine, FL |
He is the kind of doctor that listens and rules out everything to make sure you are alright! He has a good bedside manner and you know you are in good hands!!
in St Augustine , FL |
always very pleasant, gets to the point -covers all issues-great doctor!
in Elkton, Florida |
I think Dr. C IS awesome, very conscientious & very caring. I would recommend anyone to go to him. I feel very comfortable in his care.
in Hastings, FL |
Excellent! Everyone in the office is very nice and Dr Caracciolo makes you feel very comfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Vincent J. Caracciolo, MD?
Are you Dr. Caracciolo?

Compare Dr. Caracciolo

More Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Caracciolo at First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA

Dr. Caracciolo says...

Dr. Caracciolo obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biology at Clarkson University, where he graduated with honors, he went on to earn his M.D. from St. George's University School of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at Yale University – Norwalk Hospital Program where he was the recipient of multiple awards including Resident of the Year for 1999 – 2000, Peer Award, Team Care Achievement Award and the Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award.

Dr. Caracciolo's Care Philosophy

We have locations in Duval, Clay, St. Johns and Flagler counties.

Dr. Caracciolo is a founding member of First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA.

"I believe an informed patient is a healthier patient."

Dr. Caracciolo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease

Dr. Caracciolo has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Caracciolo's Board Certifications

• Atrial Septal Defect
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Block
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dizziness
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Persian
  • Urdu

Dr. Caracciolo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caracciolo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Ankle–Brachial Index Test
  • CT Coronary Angiogram
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Echocardiogram Interpretation
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Stress Test
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)