Dr. Vincent J. Caracciolo, MD

Dr. Vincent J. Caracciolo, MD

Cardiology | Male | 43 years old

Dr. Caracciolo obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biology at Clarkson University, where he graduated with honors, he went on to earn his M.D. from St. George's University School of Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at Yale University – Norwalk Hospital Program where he was the recipient of multiple awards including Resident of the Year for 1999 – 2000, Peer Award, Team Care Achievement Award and the Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award. Dr. Caracciolo completed a three year fellowship in cardiovascular disease at the University of Stony Brook, N.Y. "I enjoyed a very active and diverse medical training which included, not only top notch clinical instruction from medical leaders, but also had multiple publications in several medical journals including the Journal of the American Medical Association," said Dr. Caracciolo about his experiences preparing for a career in medicine. Trained in many aspects of cardiovascular disease including clinical cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and invasive non-interventional cardiology, Dr. Caracciolo has a special interest in coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, general medical electrophysiology as well as preventative cardiovascular medicine. Dr. Caracciolo beagn medical practice on the First Coast after practicing in Sarasota County for three years.Read more

First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA

Learn about this Doctor

First Coast Heart & Vascular Center stands as an all-inclusive cardiac and vascular practice. At First Coast Heart & Vascular Center we serve our patients with quality, compassion and integrity. We have locations in Duval, Clay, St. Johns and Flagler counties. Dr. Caracciolo is a founding member of First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA. "I believe an informed patient is a healthier patient."Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Caracciolo's Experience

See how Dr. Caracciolo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Caracciolo

Dr. Caracciolo accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Caracciolo has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Caracciolo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caracciolo to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Caracciolo
Dr. Caracciolo's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (108)
in Palatka, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo always listens to my concerns and answers my questions in terms that I can understand and has responded in a way that is easy to understand.
in Saint Augustine,Florida |
Dr.Caracciolo is a fantastic Doctor!He took his time with me and explained everything to me.He encouraged me to lose weight.I'am happy to say,I lost the weight and got off the blood pressure medicine he had me on!I never felt so good!I highly recommend Dr.Caracciolo!
in Crescent City, Fl. |
Dr. C always takes time to explain everything so I throughly understand. He always checks into my concerns and does a complete work up.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C as he is referred to, is first and foremost professional and caring. He explains your condition in detail and takes as much time as you feel is necessary.
in Jacksonville, FL |
He was absolutely amazing with the care he gave my mother. His staff was also welcoming and a tentative to us both, very respectful and knowledgeable. The doctor made my mom as well as me feel confident and secure when we left.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C has seen treated me since December of 2015, I am happy to say under Dr C's care I have my blood pressure under control and have been able to greatly reduce the medication I was on. When meeting him thru the ER for heart problems he gave me a plan of new meds, exercise, CPAP use and my new favorite socks! He tells you his opinion and gives his medical advice, I didn't need a buddy I needed a doctor. He's one of the best. Thank you Dr. C
in San Mateo, FL |
He is very kind and considerate, he really knows his stuff. If I have any concerns, he addresses them with me. And always finds out what is wrong. I really can't say enough about him. I really trust him with my health. Here's to you Dr. C.
in Palm Coast, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Caracciolo. He knows what he's doing in matters of the heart!
in St Augustine, FL |
Hello. I am a Physician's Daughter. I am a Physician, so, I know how it should be. I can only tell you how professional, relaxing, efficient, informative, & TERRIFIC these visits were. From the Staff at the front Desk, to the Technician that did my tests, to the Doctor that gathered my initial info, prescribed the tests needed, then explained the follow up results. Everyone was great, supportive & knowledgeable,. especially, Dr. Caracciolo. I recommend this practice highly & exclusively.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr C is always patient, caring, and very professional. In my opinion, he literally saved my life by initially scheduling the tests necessary to establish a base line diagnosis and discovered blockage which would have resulted in a (possible) severe heart attack. I recommend him without reservation. Every member of his staff is always supportive and professional.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo saved my life along with Dr. Crisco, they worked on me for hours making a stent work that a lot of Drs would of gave up and opened my chest open. Excellent Dr.s
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo is obviously knowledgeable, and he is very skillful at explaining complex issues without condescension. He is pleasant, professional and efficient while not seeming to rush his patients out the door. He's one of the best doctors we've seen in Florida.
in Elkton FL |
Dr. C is up on the latest medical developments. He has shared new information which doesn't appear on WedMD until a few weeks later. He also spends some time educating me. I am not a two minute patient despite being on Medicare .
in St Augustine, FL |
Very personable, clear discussion of condition and prognosis. Would strongly recommend to family and friends
St Augustine, FL |
Very knowledgeable, he explained the specifics of my condition and drugs to treat it being very specific at a level I could understand.
in Palm Coast, FL |
I was sent by my general family Dr., to see Dr. Caracciolo for my blood pressure. Seems it was hard to get my blood pressure under control. Dr. Caracciolo got me under control, immediately. I was thrilled. For that, alone, I would recommend him for my friends.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo spent time listening to my questions/concerns in a manner that made me feel like I was his only patient.
in Palatka, Fl |
Dr. Caracciolo is a very caring person. I recommend him with a 5 star + rating. Sam Wimberly
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr. C is compassionate and caring. He takes time to explain your condition in terms that you can understand. He tells it like it is. His office runs very efficiently. You are seen within a few minutes of your scheduled appointment time. The nurses are here the best.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr C knew I had a blockage the first time I spoke to him. He suggested a wrist radial procedure to check it out and sure enough, I had a 95% blockage in the LAD. The procedure performing Dr put the stent in right then and there and saved my life as they suggested I may have been a week or so away from a massive heart attack. Great people with great knowledge. I will be forever grateful to him for seeing me so soon and changing my life.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. C is one of the most thorough doctors we have met. We sincerely appreciate his care and follow up and have recommended him to several people.
Most caring and special
in Palm Coast, FL |
needs to work on his office side manners. should not talk down to people.needs to make sure he updates info on person he is seeing. i had my valve replacment done and he didnt know that
in St Augustine, FL |
He is the kind of doctor that listens and rules out everything to make sure you are alright! He has a good bedside manner and you know you are in good hands!!
in St Augustine , FL |
always very pleasant, gets to the point -covers all issues-great doctor!
in Elkton, Florida |
I think Dr. C IS awesome, very conscientious & very caring. I would recommend anyone to go to him. I feel very comfortable in his care.
in Hastings, FL |
Excellent! Everyone in the office is very nice and Dr Caracciolo makes you feel very comfortable.
in St. Augustine, FL |
Dr. Caracciolo is very thorough. As a new patient I was impressed that he wanted to do his own heart tests and not just rely on my previous test results or my own novice explanation regarding my heart disease. After my second follow up appointment I left with a sense of comfort in knowing that I can trust Dr. Caracciolo and I believe he is doing everything possible to manage my heart disease. He took the time to explain my test results and answered all my questions.
in Saint Augustine, FL |
Dr. C is a very competent and caring Dr. He takes as much time as needed to explain everything to you. He also explains why he is or is not doing something.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Excellent, caring doctor. He truly strives to give you the best care for your medical conditions. He's tops in this area for cardiac care!
in St.Augustine, Fl. |
in St. Augustine, Florida |
Dr. C has been great for me. I have had a few cardiologists. He treats his patient with respect and takes the time to know his patients.
in St.Augustine, Fla |
Would recommend to any one that wants to know the truth about their medical condition which triggered their visit to Doc Caracciolo. He is the most professional person I have ever met that puts things in a very special way that an average person would understand. He's just the best. I'm so proud to have him as my cardiology professional and I sleep better and have a greater quality of life thanks to his gift from above that cures all of us. THANK YOU DOCTOR CARACCIOLO.
in St Augustine, FL |
he tells you the way it is and he expects you to do what he says.I think he is a great Dr.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr explains everything he does. Why he does it and the results. Very personal and to the point.