Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 71

Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in East Setauket, NY and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine medical school in 1975. He is affiliated with Mather Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Basilice to book an appointment.

Dr. Basilice

Opthalmic Center

3400 Nesconset Hwy Ste 107 East Setauket, NY 11733

Compare Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD with other Ophthalmology Specialists near you

Dr. Basilice's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Basilice

95.08196721311475%

Dr. Basilice

Look no further for the absolute best care of your eyesight. Dr. Basilice is not only highly skilled, doesn’t rush conversations, but has a gentle way of making you feel safe and important. I am grateful for 20/20 vision with the investment of PanOptix lenses used during my cataract surgery. Fantastic from the first visit with Dr. Llinas, Dr. Shaffer, and friendly, professional staff!
Nov 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr. Basilice and the doctors and office staff were very kind, caring and wonderful. My eye surgery went well, and my 2020 vision is great! I am very pleased with my results. Thank you all.
  • Long wait times
Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Caring doctor that knows what he’s doing. I truly can’t believe that I can see again! So grateful.
Patricia Spoering – Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Exceptional care from 1st contact with office to last follow up visit. All office personnel as caring as Dr. Basilice at every level. Excellent outcome of surgery. Highly recommend.
Frank Magliato – Aug 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I had cataract surgery and PanOptix lenses implanted, which led to total restoration of my vision. It is really great to be able to do go through each day without wearing glasses. My experience with Dr. Basilice and The Ophthalmic Center was most positive. My cataracts were diagnosed, and over approximately three years, periodically examined until it was determined that surgery was necessary. Dr. Basilice explained three options, and I decided to invest in having PanOptix lenses implanted -- I'm very glad that I did, because my vision has been totally restored, and I don't wear glasses anymore. In my opinion, Dr. Basilice and his staff are not only highly skilled and professional, but they are precisely what I needed to bring about such a wonderful outcome. Thank you Dr. Basilice and The Ophthalmic Center
Al Poxon – Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I had to have cataract surgery this fall and used Dr. Basilice to perform the surgery. Due to my severe nearsightedness, there were complications from the shape of the left eyeball that caused the lens strings to pull away. Dr. Basilice had the expertise to work around this issue to come up with an alternate plan of action. Follow-visits included laser corrections and the doctor conferenced with his other doctors, Dr. Schaffer and Dr. Conners on this plan. The correction process worked and the eye is improving. Due to the condition of my eyes, I chose laser surgery for my right eye and there were no complications. My eyes are very critical to my engineering job as well as my second job in photographs for books. The true skill of a doctor is his ability to deal with unexpected issues and Dr. Basilice had the experience to do this in my case. I am very pleased.
Ken – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I had my second cataract surgery at the end of summer and is still not corrected. I went on 10/28 and they were supposed to do something to correct it. Since this was still a follow-up from my surgery I was not aware there was a copay so I had no money on me or my debit card. I told them to bill me and was told that they do not bill. Also I had an appt earlier in the month and they cancelled but had the wrong number so I drove to office and was told it was cancelled. They then proceeded to call the office manger and I told them to bill me. They thought I was not going to pay and they misunderstood. I have been going regularly and has never been an issue with my payments. To top it off I have to use 2 pairs of glasses daily since my vision is so screwed up. One pair for my computer and another one for reading my phone. My appt was then rescheduled and now I need to wait until the middle of November to go back again. Not what I expected and showed no compassion for my situation.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Oct 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I am forever grateful to Dr. Basilice for giving me my eyesight back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I had a very progressed, dense cataract. I couldn't drive at night and my vision was distorted even with glasses. With Dr. Basilice's expertise and knowledge, the surgery was highly successful. I now enjoy 20/20 vision. The office and his staff are highly professional with state of the art equipment. I highly recommend TOC!
Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr. Basilice has been my ophthalmologist for the past 19 years. He has always shown great concern and care in my treatment . He goes above and beyond to assure that any eye condition is treated properly and resolved . I recently had cataract surgery with Dr. Basilice and chose to have multi focal implants. The outcome has been life changing!! After years of wearing glasses, I no longer need them . At age 57, I can tell you, it is just awesome ! Dr. Basilice's professionalism goes beyond measure. He took the time to call me at home, the night of my surgery, to make sure I was feeling well and to review my instructions. I don't know of any doctors that give their patients that extra care. He honestly is the best ophthalmologist , whom I highly recommend . My vision is 20/20 and I couldn't be happier !!
Jimmy Finnigan – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
The most professional, kind and focused doctor , I had cataract surgery by Dr.Basilice. Every detail was explained and planned out, all questions answered, apprehension relieved. Dr. Basilice remained reassuring and comforting throughout the full process, and follow up with a very successful surgical outcome. The staff is phenomenal....prompt, informed, polite, efficient, highly organized, pleasant to encounter. It speaks to Dr. Basilice’s professionalism that his office staff is so organized, happy and efficient. I am grateful I had my eye care referred to Dr. Basilice! Veronica Perdue
Veronica Perdue – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr. Basilice is one of the finest doctors I have had the pleasure to be associated with. He performed cataract removal and vision correction surgery on both eyes. The procedure was exactly as he described, quick and painless! He has been nothing but reassuring and caring all along the way. In addition, the entire staff at The Ophthalmic Centers were equally professional and caring.
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Excellent Doctor and Staff. My brother is deaf and blind in one eye. Dr. Basilice and his staff have done an amazing job with him for over 25 years. I highly recommend Dr. Basilice.
Timothy Lynch – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Always exceptional care from Dr Basilice and Staff.
Lou R – Sep 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr. Basil ice is a very competent dr,my cataract surgery went well with no pan and no side affects. .his staff made me feel very comfortable and answered all my questions very good experience all went well, very satisisfied
Josephine niemczyk in Ridge,new york, new yor – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Competent, caring, and knowledgeable doctor. My cataract surgery was a complete success! Great doctor!
Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr Basilice perfomed cataract surgery on myself and my husband John. Both with excellent results.He is an extremely competent and caring surgeon. He also has an outstanding support staff. We would highly recommend Dr Basilice
marion&John Carew in center moriches, NY – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I can only say my whole family has been with him for almost 40 years. I highly recommend him or any of the other doctors in his office. Especially if you have serious eye issues. There is no one better.
Gail Burack in Port Jefferson Station, NY – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
We saw Dr Conners and Dr Schaefer and they are both excellent. Thorough and very kind.
Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Bascalice for over 20 years. He is a superior, caring, intelligent doctor. His staff is very professional and Angela is a pleasure. He did my cataract surgery, my moms, my boyfriends and my next door neighbor all with great success. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is truly the best!!
Lorraine Lauro – Jul 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?
Dr. Basilice performed Lasek surgery on me and later began treating me for dry eye as a result of my RA. Dr. Basilice made me feel relaxed and comfortable. He explained every aspect and projected a feeling of compassion. His team of Assistants are absolutely wonderful, especially Angela and Raquel. From the first person you meet at the window to the last, they make an otherwise nerve wracking experience pleasurable. The one struggle are the wait times.
  • Long wait times
NY – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Basilice, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Basilice?

• Ophthalmology