Dr. Vincent D. Abbrescia, DO

Dr. Vincent D. Abbrescia, DO

Cardiology | Male | 50 years old

I place a special emphasis on a good compassionate communicating relationship with my patients and their family members. I always spend the "extra time" with my patients to make sure that they understand their cardiovascular disease, current treatment plans and options as well as any tests which may need to be performed. Secondary Specialties: Invasive CardiologyRead more

Dr. Abbrescia's Experience

See how Dr. Abbrescia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abbrescia

Dr. Abbrescia accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Abbrescia has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Abbrescia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbrescia to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Abbrescia
Dr. Abbrescia's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (29)
in Dover, DE |
Dr. Abbrescia was very thorough not only with exam but also asking & answering questions. He took the time to explain what he believed was happening and why in a way that was easily understood. I felt so at ease after the appointment.
in Smyrna, DE |
I took my mother-in-law to see Dr. Abbrescia following an abnormal EKG. Dr. Abbrescia was very warm, engaging and reassuring to us. He spent time with us, explaining what her results meant and answering our questions. He seems to be very knowledgeable, caring, and has a good sense of humor!
in Newark, DE |
Dr Abbrescia is my father,s cardiologist and he is without question the best! Caring, knowledgeable, and engaging, he always finds time to respond to questions --- and he responds in comprehensible layperson language. Likewise, his MA, Jessica, is kind, responsive, and very accessible. together they are truly a the cardiac dream team. I just wish I lived closer so they could be my cardio team as well as my father's. Great job guys. Thanks for all you do!
in Camden Wyoming, DE |
The entire office is on time, efficient, professional and friendly. Dr Abbrescia took time, explained all aspects of cardiac risk, gave me a thorough examination, stressed that he would call me personally with the results after my scheduled cardiac stress test 7/22/16 and to contact the office with questions or concerns between appointments.
in Dover, DE |
He took time to explain everything very thoroughly. He has an excellent bedside manner. He was caring and kind. I wouldn't see anyone else for Cardiology. I can not say enough about my experience.
I enjoyed my first visit with Dr. Abbrescia. He greeted me with a smile and was personable. He performed a thorough exam, formulated a plan, and explained everything to me. I was also appreciative that he asked me about myself and thanked me for my husband's and my service in the military. I have run into several doctors over the past 16 years as a CCU/ICU RN, and he by far, has been one of the most pleasurable physicians that I have encountered.
in Newark, DE |
Dr Abbrescia is very smart, very personable, and very accessible. He listens, discusses, explains, and finds solutions. Great doc. And Jessica, his assistant, is terrific. We're managing my father's health long distance and call her often with questions. She's always friendly, extremely responsive, and sensitive to both my father's needs and to our situation. And she always gets us answers. Thanks you Dr A and Jessica!
in Dover, DE |
Dr. Abbrescia became our mother's cardiologist in 2014 when she had her first heart attack that year. He kept a very close eye on her, monitored her closely and made sure the family was aware of everything taking place. He is a very caring doctor and and works closely with his patients. He takes his time also with the family to explain thoroughly and answer all questions. Our family from experience would recommend Dr Abbrescia to anyone. We appreciate all he did for our mother. Thank you!
in Camden, DE |
He has provided profession and dedicated care to me since my bypass surgery in 2005. He has always expressed sincere interest and concern for my health. I have complete confidence in his knowledge of current methods of treatment in the field of cardiology. I am extremely grateful to be a patient of Dr. Abbrescia.
in Dover, DE |
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Takes time to explain things in terms you can understand.
in delmar |
Kind, understanding and respectful of the patients input. Talks to you like you are an actual person, not just a name and set of insurance collections like revolving door doctors. We drive over an hour to see him. He is that great!
in Dover, DE |
Dr Abbrescia is a different type of Doctor as he treats you as a friend and always with a smile. I would highly recommend him to any and all of my family and friends. I actually look forward to my appointments with him!!
in Wyoming, DE |
Always well informed, both generally and about me specifically. Very professional.
Have you seen Dr. Vincent D. Abbrescia, DO?
Are you Dr. Abbrescia?

Compare Dr. Abbrescia

Dr. Abbrescia's Care Philosophy

Dr. Abbrescia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiology
  •  Malpractice claims in Delaware not available

Dr. Abbrescia has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abbrescia's Board Certifications

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Completed in 1999

Loyola College In Maryland

Graduated in 1988

• Italian

Dr. Abbrescia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbrescia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.