Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO

Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO

Cardiology  ·
Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO is a cardiology specialist in Dover, DE and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1993 and specializes in cardiology.

200 Banning St Ste 340

Dover, DE 19904

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • AvMed
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check Dr. Abbrescia's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Abbrescia's Top Procedures and Conditions

Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload

Dr. Abbrescia treats Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Abbrescia treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Heart Palpitations

Dr. Abbrescia treats Heart Palpitations more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Abbrescia treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Hyperlipidemia

Dr. Abbrescia treats Hyperlipidemia more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Abbrescia treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Familial Combined Hyperlipidemia

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Arrest
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

I place a special emphasis on a good compassionate communicating relationship with my patients and their family members. I always spend the "extra time" with my patients to make sure that they understand their cardiovascular disease, current treatment plans and options as well as any tests which may need to be performed. Secondary Specialties: Invasive Cardiology

• Cardiology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abbrescia

Dr. Abbrescia?
Dr. Abbrescia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO
From first contact with this office to meeting with Dr. Abbrescia, we are extremely happy. We have never had need to see a cardiologist, and having moved to Delaware only two years ago, we didn't know where to go. Dr. Abbrescia came highly recommended by my wife's coworkers and we are very happy we listened to their recommendations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Being in the medical field myself, I could not have found a better cardiologist to help me navigate through a medical situation. Dr. Abbrescia is laser focused on your care, totally engaged with you during your visit, compassionate, knowledgeable, and definitely your advocate. His emphasis is on prevention as well as diagnosis and treatment. Five stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
No issues whatsoever! Office expects punctuality, as do I! Paperwork completed before hand seen a couple min after scheduled appt time. and was out within 45 min. There for surgical clearance, reviewed information, discussed issues. Overall great experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
I met Dr. Abbrescia when I was 17 for a heart murmur. It resolved, but I knew this was the cardiologist I wanted for life. I'm 28 now, and I've referred my entire family to his practice. He's thorough, answers all your questions, and actually implements realistic treatment regimens that aren't setup to fail. Waiting room/total wait time is usually >10-15 minutes. I'm not sure why that's a problem for some but I don't want a 5-minute physician and neither should you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
This is my first time visiting Dr. Abbrescia after having heart surgery. He was so thorough and explained everything that was going on with me in layman's terms with easy to understand examples. I am really impressed and look forward to him providing my care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
The doctor is rude and uncaring. I scheduled an appointment, after waiting several weeks, and shortly before my appointment was planned, the doctor called and abruptly cancelled my visit for no apparent reason. I do not recommend this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
He was very thorough in his examination and spent time with me explaining findings as well as prescribed medications. He took time and had completely reviewed my health background materials and came to the appointment prepared to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Abbrescia to my family and friends. From the minute I walked into the office, I was greeted by a friendly and helpful staff. My wait to see the Dr. was 15 minutes. He immediately picked up on a condition I had, that was unrelated to his field, and had gone unnoticed by many other physicians. He is kind, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. I have 100% trust in his ability to diagnose, treat and care for his patients. What a breath of fresh air!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
It was only my first visit, everyone was very professional and friendly. Everything was explained in easy to understand terms and they gave me contact information which made me feel much more comfortable. Overall they seem like a very good team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr. Abbrescia is extremely knowledgable, and treats you like an actual customer, which is rare with physicians! He was prepared for my appointment, and explained things thoroughly and in an easy-to-understand way. Will always come to him! Only downside is that he's such a good doctor, he has a longer wait for appointments!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
I would definitely recommend Dr Abbbrecia and his staff to anyone in need of his services. Dr Abbrecia's staff were friendly and professional. Dr. Abbrecia spent time to educate me regarding my recent diagnosis. He explained how my recent medial diagnosis could affect my heart. He was very patient and made sure when I looked puzzled or apprehensive, he would make sure I was clear regarding the information. I left that office feeling Dr Abbbecia truly cared about helping to keep me healthy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr. Abbrescia took alot of time with me, listening to and addressing all of my concerns. He was very personable. I was taken back to the examining room as soon as I checked in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr. Abbrescia was very thorough not only with exam but also asking & answering questions. He took the time to explain what he believed was happening and why in a way that was easily understood. I felt so at ease after the appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
I took my mother-in-law to see Dr. Abbrescia following an abnormal EKG. Dr. Abbrescia was very warm, engaging and reassuring to us. He spent time with us, explaining what her results meant and answering our questions. He seems to be very knowledgeable, caring, and has a good sense of humor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr Abbrescia is my father,s cardiologist and he is without question the best! Caring, knowledgeable, and engaging, he always finds time to respond to questions --- and he responds in comprehensible layperson language. Likewise, his MA, Jessica, is kind, responsive, and very accessible. together they are truly a the cardiac dream team. I just wish I lived closer so they could be my cardio team as well as my father's. Great job guys. Thanks for all you do!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
The entire office is on time, efficient, professional and friendly. Dr Abbrescia took time, explained all aspects of cardiac risk, gave me a thorough examination, stressed that he would call me personally with the results after my scheduled cardiac stress test 7/22/16 and to contact the office with questions or concerns between appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
He took time to explain everything very thoroughly. He has an excellent bedside manner. He was caring and kind. I wouldn't see anyone else for Cardiology. I can not say enough about my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
I enjoyed my first visit with Dr. Abbrescia. He greeted me with a smile and was personable. He performed a thorough exam, formulated a plan, and explained everything to me. I was also appreciative that he asked me about myself and thanked me for my husband's and my service in the military. I have run into several doctors over the past 16 years as a CCU/ICU RN, and he by far, has been one of the most pleasurable physicians that I have encountered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr Abbrescia is very smart, very personable, and very accessible. He listens, discusses, explains, and finds solutions. Great doc. And Jessica, his assistant, is terrific. We're managing my father's health long distance and call her often with questions. She's always friendly, extremely responsive, and sensitive to both my father's needs and to our situation. And she always gets us answers. Thanks you Dr A and Jessica!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vincent Abbrescia, DO?
Dr. Abbrescia became our mother's cardiologist in 2014 when she had her first heart attack that year. He kept a very close eye on her, monitored her closely and made sure the family was aware of everything taking place. He is a very caring doctor and and works closely with his patients. He takes his time also with the family to explain thoroughly and answer all questions. Our family from experience would recommend Dr Abbrescia to anyone. We appreciate all he did for our mother. Thank you!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Abbrescia?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Amerihealth
Coventry Health Care of Delaware HMO
Medicaid
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Abbrescia treats patients.