Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. V K Puppala, MD
As featured in Atlanta Magazine's Top Doctors, V.K. Puppala, M.D.'s mission is to RELIEVE PAIN and RESTORE LIVES. Dr. Puppala is double board-certified in anesthesiology and pain management and has been named Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Puppala began his commitment to medicine and scientific research in high school, conducting research for the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Loyola University Medical Center. Dr. Puppala then attended the University of Illinois, graduating with honors in less than twelve months, and earned his medical degree from the nationally top-ranked Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Puppala's interest in pain medicine as his specialty was sparked subsequent to receipt of a student grant from the National Institute of Health to conduct nerve related research under the mentorship of Chief of Plastic Surgery Dr. Susan MacKinnon where he performed microscopic neurosurgery at the age of 19. Following medical school, Dr. Puppala returned to Chicago to complete his surgical internship at Rush University Medical Center. He then underwent additional sub-specialization in anesthesiology and interventional pain medicine at Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and completed his fellowship in interventional pain medicine at Northwestern Pain Medicine. Dr. Puppala is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions, including the Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists award for best original research with the world's first report of successful treatment of HIV-related polyneuropathy using spinal cord stimulation. He also received the Illinois Masonic Medical Center award for best resident research in recognition of his efforts to advance the field of pain medicine. Dr. Puppala serves on the Board of Directors of the Medical Association of Georgia, Editorial Board of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Scientific Research Committee of the International Neuromodulation Society, and Board of Directors of the Foundation for Pain C.A.R.E. (Charity, Advocacy, Research, Education). He is committed to raising public awareness of issues facing those afflicted with chronic pain at the government level with the goal of improving the lives of his patients outside of the doctor's office while also minimizing the need for chronic opioid dependence. He also serves as a medical expert witness related to anesthesiology and pain medicine. Dr. Puppala has expertise in the treatment of a variety of chronic painful conditions including: neck and low back pain; intractable neuropathic pain; joint pain; headaches; myofascial pain syndrome; complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS/RSD); chronic abdominal pain; chronic pelvic pain; cancer-related pain; and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with a multi-modal approach. He is exceptionally skilled in treating his patients with compassion, empathy, respect, and concern, and achieves superior pain relief outcomes using a multidisciplinary approach by integrating a variety of minimally invasive interventional techniques, medication management, and functional restoration. In his free time, he enjoys music and art, stays active in professional networking, volunteers at an animal shelter, and contributes to a variety of philanthropic causes. Dr Puppala provides treatment for: Back & Neck Pain Radiculitis, Inflamed Nerves Muscle Spasms Herniated Discs Knee Pain Rotator Cuff, Shoulder Pain Foot & Ankle Pain Spinal Stenosis Chronic Pain Management Neuropathic Pain Post-laminectomy Syndrome Complex regional pain syndrome / RSD Fibromyalgia Scoliosis PROCEDURES & TREATMENTS OFFERED Trigger Point Injections Epidural Injections Transforaminal Injections Joint Injections Facet Blocks Radiofrequency Ablation Kyphoplasty / Vertebroplasty Spinal Cord Stimulator Trials / Implants Botox

Laser Spine & Pain Centers

403 Permian Way Ste D

Villa Rica, GA 30180

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Puppala

RELIEVE PAIN.  RESTORE LIVES.

Dr. Puppala treats all of his patients with compassion, empathy, respect, and concern regardless of their background or circumstances. He strives to truly listen to his patients and educate them about their own pain in order to empower patients to formulate the most responsible treatment plan possible in collaboration with their physician. He is deeply committed to his patients and achieves superior pain relief outcomes using a holistic multidisciplinary approach by integrating interventional techniques, medication management, and functional restoration within a comprehensive biopsychosocial feedback model. His goal is to enable his patients to regain a life free of suffering while also minimizing the need for chronic opioid dependence.

Dr. Puppala's Experience

Dr. Puppala's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine

• Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Injections
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • McGraw Med Ctr-Northwestern U
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Puppala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Puppala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Puppala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Puppala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Puppala to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Puppala Says:

While no physician can guarantee a perfect outcome for every patient, it is my life's mission to RELIEVE PAIN and RESTORE LIVES for those suffering from chronic pain.  If you or a loved one is suffering in pain, I understand what you are going through.  I promise to try my hardest and use every tool available to me to relieve your pain...

Dr. Puppala's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
I came because I felt a pull in my back and a pain in my leg. Then he gave me a shot and 60 seconds later I'm in no pain. I felt like I could do anything! Felt like I could bust a move and do a groove at the night club. I thank you so much for taking time to help me in my time of need.
in Atlanta, GA |
I received 2 back injections and one neck injection. My pain was gone right away in both my back and neck for the first time in months. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my entire body. I cannot thank you enough.
in Whitesburg, GA |
I came in today in very much pain. From a scale to 1 to 10 my lower back was a 9. My upper back 8. When I got the injection my upper back feels as if it is a 1. My lower back is a 2 now. It feels way way better than when I came in. Thank you. It helps a lot.
in Lagrange, GA |
My pain was at an 8 before. I was hurting and aggravating and now that he did the procedure I feel great! Thank you! Now I can rest !! :)
in Fairburn, GA |
I used to have neck pain that went away after Dr. Puppala gave me an epidural. I came back because my back was in pain that wouldn't stop hurting. After the doctor gave me the shots in my back I feel so much better. The shots really helped me.
in Smyrna, GA |
My pain was rated 8 before and I am not feeling any pain right now. I would highly recommend this.
in Marietta, GA |
I was experiencing lots of pain in my neck, shoulders, headaches with nausea. I was a bit nervousness about the injection, but Dr. Puppala was very professional, knowledgeable, and that put me at ease to proceed. His staff was great and after a few minutes it was over. The procedure was quick and my pain was completely gone very quickly. Thank you Dr. Puppala and your staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Puppala really helped me out today because before I came in today my lower back wasn't feeling good at all. My neck was pretty stiff too. So now that Dr. Puppala took care of me today I feel better. Even the needles were worth it since I feel better. Thanks bro!
in atlanta, ga |
Before I seen the doctor i was in a pain in my lower back at a level of 9 i have 3 slip harniated disc he recommended epirdural shots i was scared but i did take them 2 weeks later im almost able to do all the same things again he help out a lot woud recomend to anyone
in Atlanta, GA |
I'm a medical assistant for a provider that does epidurals for patients with neck and back pain. I never thought I would be on the receiving end until an accident a month ago caused cervical disk herniations. My neck pain would be anywhere between a 6 to a 10 with radiating pain into my arm & hand. Today I came to the office with pain at a 6, after the epidural my pain decreased to a 0. The procedure was easier than I expected, and done rather quickly. I'm glad I decided to have it.
This is the best doctor When I came in my pain was a 10 When I started taking the shots it helped me out a whole lot I am now pain free Thank you
in Newnan, GA |
I came in with back pain to the point you couldn't even touch it. I was offered an epidural injection. It was my first time. It was over in a matter of minutes with little to no pain. Afterward my pain was at a zero. The doctor and personnel were awesome.
in Douglasville, GA |
I started having headaches, neck pain, and lower back pain after an accident. I started going to the chiropractor and was given cortisol shots and 800 mg Ibuprofen however continued to have pain. After 15 sessions with the chiropractor I was refferred out to have a MRI. After the MRI results I was refferred to Dr. Puppala. I had a series of injections/epidurals in my neck and lower back. My neck is 100% better and I no longer feel the back pain. Thank you!
in Riverdale, GA |
I am a patient of fairly good middle age, but all my life I have been afraid of needles ever since I was a little kid. Dr. Puppala and his assistant self assured me that the procedure would not be harmfull and only take a few minutes. They were there by my side, comforting me, guideing me and relaxing me htru the whole proccess. I really calmed myself because of the great care that I recieved. Thank you.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I had constant pain in my neck and back after an accident. After several weeks of chiropractic I was referred to Dr. Puppala for injections. I was very nervous about the procedure not knowing what to expect. The doctor and his assistant made me very comfortable and explained the procedure/process each step of the way, answering all of my questions and addressing my concerns. The staff was most courteous and professional. The pain subsided immediately, and now I feel great!
in East Point, GA |
When I first came to see Dr. Puppala my pain was between a 7 to 8. He made me very comfortable with my first shot it was quick and not as painful as I thought it would be! :-) By the second shot I was very eased. It was quick and he explained that he would be injecting the shot in my joint (which was a different area than before) - still I was nervous but again he was correct it was harmless, and more importantly it WORKED! Thanks a bunch doc!
in Atlanta, GA |
I came in with severe pain in my neck and my shoulder and my lower back down my leg. The pain was unbearable and seemed permanent. Once I received my epidural injections I feel so much better. I am pain free now and can't believe how this has changed my outlook and relieved my pain.
in Austell, GA |
I have been in pain for years and I have been using the same doctor until I had a friend tell me about Dr. Puppala. On my first visit I brought my MRI and x-rays with me and he actually took the time to show me where my herniated disc was and why it was causing my pain. No one has ever gone over them with me to show me what was going on before, and it all makes sense now. Dr. Puppala helped me more on my first visit better than any doctor I have been to in YEARS. All the staff was great too.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been experiencing pain, soreness, and discomfort in my neck with tingling in my fingers. I was referred to Dr. Puppala who suggested I have injections to ease the pain, which has been a 5 on a scale of 10, and swelling around my herniated disc. The procedure was quick (5 minutes) and painless. I felt a small pinch, a little pressure, and instant pain relief. I was very satisfied with the results.
in Douglasville, GA |
I visited the office due to neck/shoulder injuries that caused pain that would not go away. My pain was a 7 out of 10, and I could not fully rotate my neck to the left or raise my left shoulder. I received a cervical epidural steroid injection, and now I can rotate my neck and raise my left arm. My pain rating is now virtually at zero. I can finally get a decent night's sleep - thank you!
in East Point, GA |
I came here to see Dr. Puppala for my pain in my neck and shoulder, the pain was about 5 at the time and by the time he was finished with me there was no pain. I could lift my arm up. I have never felt this way in months. Thank you Dr. to you and your staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was having a great deal of pain, spasms, and numbness that was interfering with my sleep, work, and everyday activities. After being offered injections to help, I was apprehensive at first, but eager to do anything to make the pain stop. The staff was great at answering all of my questions and put me more at ease. After the procedure I cried tears of joy because it was the first time I'd felt normal and pain free in months! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
in Atlanta, GA |
I had an accident on 10/31/16 and since then I have been having severe pain. I went through months of meds, chiropractors, physical therapy, and shots in my back by other doctors. Nothing helped! Finally I was referred to Dr. Puppala. I was given another epidural injection, but this was completely different from the ones I had before. I felt instant relief afterwards. In fact, I barely felt the injection, and by the time I did, it was over! I feel amazing for the first time in months!
in Fairburn, GA |
When I came in my neck pain was a 9 and it was going to my arms down to my fingers. But when he did the injection it dropped it to a 1. I was amazed and glad this helped. Now I can start my way to recovering my life back.
in Atlanta, GA |
Before I received my injections my pain was constant and I was hurting a lot. Once I got the injections the pain gradually went away. They were very helpful for my pain, the injections were smooth. I didn't feel anything when the injections were being given to me, if I was to need the injections again in the future I would get them ASAP no questions asked, they're that amazing!
in Hiram, GA |
For three months I had severe back pain. Dr. P took me through a 5 minute procedure, very painless. Before the shots I was at a 7 out of 10 in pain. Now I don't feel any pain at all. I am able to pick up my two year old son with no problem. My pain level is at 0. Thank you!!!
Fairburn, GA |
Came in with lower back & neck pain. Had a very difficult time with driving or even walking without severe pain. During the procedure the only "pain" was the shot to numb the two areas of the epideral. I felt instant relief. No weird side effects or pains. So far, so good, and it was done very quickly with no down time. I feel great.
Atlanta, GA |
I was having pain in my upper neck. On a scale of 1-10 it was about a 7 or 8. After the injection I have 0 pain, the procedure was quick and easy. He also put an ease to my back pain with an injection also. I'm feeling much better today than I have in months!
in Atlanta, GA |
I came into the office with a pain of 6 out of 10 in my back & hip. It was explained to me the procedure that was going to be used to take my pain away. The doctor explained I will feel two small pinches, which didn't hurt, and a couple of minutes later the pain was gone. The five minute procedure took away pain that has been bothering me for months. I really appreciate the service, which I thought was going to be pain, thankfully wasn't. I'm glad I was referred here & highly recommend it.
Atlanta, GA |
Before I came to see Dr. Puppala I was in a lot of pain (10 out of 10). I received an epidural shot and I feel 100% better now. I came in feeling real hurt, now I'm leaving with a smile on my face =)
in Douglasville, GA |
I came into Dr. Puppala's office with lower back, neck, and leg pain. Before I got the injection my pain was 6-7 on a scale from 1-10. After I received the injection I no longer feel the pain that I was having before I walked in. My pain is at a 0 now, and this is the best I've felt in a long time. Thank you Dr. Puppala for all your help!
Marietta, GA |
Before the injection the pain in my lower back was like a 5, sometimes a 6 out of 10. There was also pain in my back hip area that was like a 10+. It was paining while walking, sitting, and standing. While receiving the injection there was slight pressure in the buttock area and a little tickle and pressure down the back side (right). After the injection my pain level in my lower back/hip is at a 0. I feel much better.
in Atlanta, GA |
My back pain was at a 7 or 8 when I layed on the table to get a shot. I was nervous for a second but it was over in a decent amount of time. I felt my pain go away while getting the shot. After the shot I felt no pain at all. It was a lot easier to do than I expected, and I feel great afterwards. I'm glad I did it.
Austell, GA |
When I initially arrived to see Dr. Puppala I suffered from severe neck pain that radiated through my right arm. After his treatment I felt like a 20 year old again. Now the pain is at a level that is bareable, allowing me to function at an acceptable level and I guess as close as I will ever come to a sense of normalcy.
in Marietta, GA |
I suffered severe whiplash and back pain at around an 8 out of 10. I saw several doctors, however no one was able to provide relief. No one that is until I saw Dr. Puppala. After my first appointment I had immediate relief, and the excruciating pain in my neck was gone. I walked out of his office and could turn my head for the first time in 6 weeks. I am extremely happy with the results and will be recommending Dr. Puppala to everyone I know that needs relief from neck or back pain!
in Atlanta, GA |
I received an epidural injection for lower back pain with outstanding results. My MRI showed severe L4-5 stenosis. When I came into Dr. Puppala's office my back pain was 8 out of 10 threshold and was shooting down the back of my leg. When I left his office I was pain free. The injection really helped rid me of my back and leg pain. I truly would like to thank Dr. Puppala and his staff.
Decatur, GA |
I was experiencing tremendous pain in my neck preventing me from having full range of motion. My pain was constant daily at a scale of 9 out of 10. I didn't have the ability to work or do daily activities or take care of my daughter. After my injections my pain is completely gone for over 2 months. I am very happy I am back 100% and highly recommend Dr. Puppala and his staff.
in McDonough, GA |
Before my first visit, I was in a significant amount of pain. My arms and fingertips were always cold and numb, and I also had lower back pain which went down my right leg. Dr. Puppala told me this was due to a herniated disk and recommmended epidural shots to the source of the problem was. At first I was scared about the procedure. I asked many questions but felt confident when he patiently responded to all of them. I'm so glad I underwent the procedure and got such quick relief. Thank you!!!
in Austell, GA |
I've been in constant pain for 4 months, and everything else I've tried wasn't working at all. In about 10 minutes after meeting Dr. Puppala my pain is gone! I should've been here 2 months ago instead of wasting time and energy going to a chiropractor. Thanks.
in Decatur, GA |
I had tried physical therapy but the pain continued. After the first set of neck and back injections my pain decreased substantially. Today, I am feeling no pain after I had a second set of injections. I'm glad I can return to my normal routine and be able to workout again.
in Atlanta, GA |
When I came in my pain level was about a 7. Dr. Puppala gave me an injection and now I don't feel any pain at all. My neck and shoulder feels a lot better.
in Roswell, GA |
I was very nervous at first but decided to allow Dr. Puppala to inject my lower back with an epidural steroid injection. The end result was INSTANT relief. I would highly recommend Dr. Puppala to relieve your back pain. No worries!!!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
After receiving a cervical epidural steroid injection from Dr. V.K. Puppala my pain went from an 8 to a 0. I had received treatment elsewhere before but nothing compared to the relief I felt from only one injection. He really is a pain specialist!
Atlanta, GA |
While pain is not my favorite thing I'm glad I was referred to Dr. Puppala. Painkillers didn't work, and I couldn't sit for long periods of time. Since my first appointment I have received nothing but friendly/open encounters. My first visit I felt no pain instantly! I was nervous yet relieved. Needless to say I'm feeling great now. I'm back to working and being able to be pain free. Thank you Dr. P for the expertise and information - I'd refer anyone in pain to him, you can't go wrong.
Atlanta, GA |
They were perfect from beginning to end. I didn't even feel the numbing needle. I walked in with a back pain of 5-6 and I'm walking out feeling great with no pain at all. I thank the staff from the bottom of my heart for dealing with me and all of my nervousness. Thank you so much, I will truly recommend their services to everyone.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I was experiencing muscle spasms and shooting pain in my lower back. I had pain doing everyday activities such as standing for long periods of time, lifting objects, or even walking. After receiving the injections I noticed that I started to be able to move more freely and the pain subsided. It has been over a month now and I can say that I am now pain free. I can stand, lift objects and function as normal. The injections made it possible to enjoy everyday life without pain! Thanks Dr. P.
in Atlanta, GA |
When I first recieved my shot I was a bit skeptical. Afterward I noticed astronomical change in my back. I'm really into fashion so my back problems would not allow me to wear my heels until I recieved my shot. I am now able to exercise more and even wear my heels again. I would definitely recommend seeing Dr. Puppala. My pain went down from a 7 everyday to zero now.
My pain would hover around a 6 on a scale of 10 and I was skeptical anything could help. The staff is gracious, kind, and supportive. Everyone from intake to the procedure room was simply amazing. They explained the procedure step by step. Dr. Puppala is a wonderful doctor. Precise, kind, and great bedside manner. I walked in with pain and I'm leaving here pain free! I truly recommend this facility to anyone suffering. Don't suffer in silence, pain is not normal! This place is amazing!
in Douglasville, GA |
I couldn't walk and was in severe pain, Dr Puppala has me living a normal life. He is a very intelligent doctor
in McDonough, GA |
Coming in, the right side of my neck had sharp and shooting pain radiating into the shoulder. I could hardly close my right hand into a fist. Now I feel the pain going away in my neck, shoulder, and right hand. I can close my right hand for the first time in months. The pain in my neck went from a 9 out of 10 to a 1 out of 10. This was also a lot easier, quicker, and less pain than the epidural I had at the VA years ago. Thanks doc.
Have you seen Dr. V K Puppala, MD?
Are you Dr. Puppala?

Humana PPO
  • Kaiser Permanente
    Kaiser Permanente HMO
    IHP Discount Card
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
    Integrated Health Plan (IHP) PPO