Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 48

Gastroenterology

Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Gopal has extensive experience in Pancreatic Disease, Esophageal Disorders, and Gastrointestinal Disorders. He graduated from Emory University School Of Med medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD

Borland Groover

4800 Belfort Rd Jacksonville, FL 32256 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Gastroenterology Specialists

Compare Dr. Gopal with our nearby Gastroenterology Specialists at HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Memorial Hospital today at (904) 643-6038.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Gopal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gopal

Dr. Gopal

Overbooked and waits for appt’s are extremely ling
The doctor was pleasant but he’s so far booked in the future that you can’t see him for urgent needs like my condition. He’s also overbooked meaning you don’t get the time you need with him. I was not impressed bc for over a week I tried to get him to make a simple 5 minute call that was important to my surgeon. Granted in all fairness I wasn’t aware my surgeon was out of the country but that didn’t mean he couldn’t have done it Monday to Wednesday this week. He decided that he would have his PA do it rather than the original request of a doctor to doctor call. I canceled my procedure bc this man did not follow instruction. No I won’t come back until you slow down you patient load. I will never aid a doctor who puts his wallet up against my health again. It happened once and now i’m disabled. It won’t happen again.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Countrygator06 – May 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
My last visit with Dr. Gopal was about 11 yrs. ago for a colonoscopy which went smoothly and I'm due for another. I'm usually nervous about any doctor visit so I've scheduled it with Dr. Gopal again because he made me feel comfortable and calm with the procedure and there were no problems.
Chris – Dec 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
The visit was one of the most professional visits I've ever had with any type of doctor.
Allen Price – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
I had a terrible auto accident and was hospitalized at two different local hospitals. Many doctors reviewed my scans and imaging as well as diagnosing my situation. Dr. Gopal was visiting the Hospital to check on several current patients and he somehow cross referenced my name from a previous visit with his practice (over 5 years prior).. He was the kindest man .... he told me that he had viewed my imaging and that after I healed ( I was mostly purple, black and blue at that time) I needed to have a mass near my stomach checked out. Well I did and that mass that was missed by so many was pancreatic cancer. Dr. Gopal assisted with scheduling the test and ultimately helping me in arranging my treatment/surgery. All the surgeons at the time were booked for months. He somehow called in a favor and my surgery was on the books in under 3 weeks with an amazing surgeon and team. I am healed. He was and is the hand of God for so many because he cares. Love you Doc don't ever change.
Timothy New – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal is my HERO! I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis in 2011, an inflammatory condition of the liver. My AST & ALT levels were off the chart. The liver damage had started my skin to turn yellow, coming close to a liver transplant or leaving of this world. Dr. Gopal began working on my condition in the hospital and over the years preformed a miracle bringing me from near death to what I would consider a healthy condition today. He's one of the most compassionate and caring doctors and if not for him, I would not be here today. In my book, Dr. Vikram Gopal, Brenda Rimas & the entire Staff at Borland Groover are a blessing to me and if I could give the highest rating it would be off the chain. I have complete trust in my doctor and the staff at Borland Groover. Thank you, Dr. Gopal and the entire staff at Borland Groover for everything you do for your patients as I know everyone received the same professional care I received over the years. Thank you for saving my life!!
Mary Cumbie – Dec 08, 2020
Dr. Gopal's Reply –
We appreciate you sharing your experience, Mary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
I have had the best experience with Dr. Gopal over the last 7 years. He was the one that diagnosed me with UC and EOC. Very scary journey and several different treatments but finally am in remission. He really cares about his patients, very compassionate to their needs and concerns and is very knowledgeable in treatment plans. He always comes to the visits and procedures with a plan and next steps. He has a great reputation and I have referred many friends to Dr. Gopal and they have been equally as pleased. He is an expert in his field and is on the cutting edge of what the future treatments might look like. On top of that he is a great person and very supportive of his patients not to mention the community and organizations he supports that focus on awareness and research. If you feel you are in a situation that you need a GI specialist and have concerns about your health and are scared, Dr. Gopal is the one you need to see.
Fran J Coyne – Oct 09, 2020
We're glad to hear you had a great visit, Fran....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr Gopal is so professional, kind & knowledgeable- He LISTENS to all of your concerns & offers excellent advise- I would highly recommend him- His office staff is very professional & assists in all of your needs - it was a great experience- & even during Covid they have many protocals to keep you safe-
Coleen Brandon RN – Aug 22, 2020
Thank you Coleen!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Great staff and even greater MD
Louis Miers – Aug 05, 2020
Thank you Louis!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
He was thorough and extremely nice! He explained the procedure well and assured me of meds to improve my condition.
  • Long wait times
Debbie in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 21, 2019
Dr. Gopal's Reply –
Thank you for this review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
I had to have an upper endoscopy and because of previous experiences, Dr Gopal was my first choice of physicians to perform it. I could have been seen a little earlier by another doctor but my wife insisted that I endure the short wait and be seen by Dr. Gopal. I’ve known Dr. Gopal for several years and he has always come across as a very patient and caring doctor. I wasn’t really nervous or overly concerned about having the procedure but I remember just before I went to sleep, in a very professional manner, Dr. Gopal placed his hand over mine and I immediately felt an unexplainable peaceful and compassionate feeling. Any concerns that I may have had about my procedure suddenly melted away as I peacefully drifted off to sleep, all the while knowing that I was in the best hands available. Definitely worth the wait!
Dan T in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 18, 2019
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal is a phenomenal physician. Dr Gopal and his staff put you at ease and are genially concerned on your comfort throughout the entire surgery process.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Thank you - and the Borland Groover Team for your dedication, friendliness and great Team Work.
Donnie Metzger in Jacksonville, FL – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal is a great doctor. HAs always taken great care of me. Iw ill bes eeing him again.
Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal is simply the best physician and gastroenterologist period! My wife and I have been seeing him for about 10 years plus and you immediately sense that he truly cares and is concerned for you as a person. His demeanor is one of genuine compassion. He is reassuring. He wants what is best for you. He takes whatever time is necessary to listen carefully to your concerns. We both say that Dr. Gopal is THE Role Model for being a physician. We highly recommend Dr. Gopal.
John Hinson in Blackshear – Dec 19, 2018
Dr. Gopal's Reply –
Wow - thank you for this review!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal is a phenomenal physician. My mother had been having severe GI issues for four months. She had many appointments with other GI doctors. They could not find what was wrong. She had many unnecessary tests and months of pain. Dr. Gopal actually listened to her symptoms, looked at her records, and he directly ordered an MRI. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Thankfully however, it was caught in time to be removed. He saved her life and we are grateful for him!
Weston, FL – Mar 21, 2018
Dr. Gopal's Reply –
Thank you for sharing with us!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Absolutely the best beside manner! So professional and personable! If his skills anything like his interpersonal skills he is at the top of his class! My first visit and I'm pleased!
Loretta Perry in Jacksonville, FL – Sep 03, 2017
Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr Gopal is outstanding. He listens and cares. He is genuine. His treatment is thorough. I've recommended him to many friends.
Jacksonville, FL – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?
Dr. Gopal has a wonderful demeanor and an excellent bedside manner. He was extremely personable and thorough.
Val T. in Jacksonville, FL – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Gopal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gopal?