Dr. Vikram Atit, MD

Neurology •  Male • Age 53

Telehealth services available

Neuroscience Associates of West Pasco

2222 Us Highway 19 Holiday, FL 34691

Dr. Vikram Atit, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Holiday, FL and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Atit has more experience with Epilepsy, Headache, and Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Seth Gs Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities Mease Countryside Hospital and Mease Dunedin Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Atit to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Atit with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Medical Center of Trinity.

Make an appointment at Medical Center of Trinity today at (727) 755-5886.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Medical Center of Trinity.

Dr. Atit's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Atit

3.5

Dr. Atit?
Wonderful Nuerologist! I had a horrible experience with another doctor and the search for a new doctor led me to Dr. Atit. I’m now thankful to God I the other doctor was so atrocious because the caliber of this doctor and his medical staff exceed the other practice by leaps and bounds. I received quality care! Dr. Atit was very knowledgeable, experienced and personable. He took the time to ask questions about my history, treatment and lifestyle to ensure he was giving me the best options treatment for my migraines. His supporting nurse is also very kind, knowledgeable and professional. She compliments the care offered by Dr. Atit. They not only provided me sample medications to ensure I could treat any migraine while my prescription was being filled but his staff also ensured the pharmacy had all pertinent information to process my prescription and even set up delivery to my home. Stellar service! The office clean and very modern. They followed COVID guidelines to a “T”.
Esther – Oct 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
My first appointment with Dr. Atit was very disappointing. The office manager was rude and unprofessional and carried on with personal conversations while patients stood and waited to check out. Dr. Atit was aloof and dismissive. My second appointment was for a test. When I arrived, the office staff informed me they had cancelled my appointment & claimed to have left me a voicemail. When I told them I never received the call she became combative and rude. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and I will not be returning.
Sep 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Excellent physician who actually cares about you. He is friendly & does not rush the appointment. He will go into detail about your diagnosis and has videos he has made to explain your illness. His nurse practitioner is also knowledgeable, caring, and very thorough. I am very pleased with my daughters care and will recommend to anyone who needs a neurologist.
Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I accompanied my mother to an appointment with Dr. Atit and was appalled at the total lack of customer service provided by one of his MA’s. She was argumentative, rude, unprofessional, and actually quite confrontational with both my mother and me. I noted that there was a camera in the desk area and asked if it also had audio capability and I was informed it did. I asked if I could speak with Dr. Atit, to address the treatment we received and to suggest that he may want to review this footage to observe how his employee behaved towards us without any provocation. I had to send my mother to the car in tears due to the way she was spoken to and I was told to wait in the waiting room to speak with him. After 20-25 minutes I was informed that he did not get involved with these types of problems. I was very disappointed that he would not take a leading role in his office and would allow his patients to be treated in this manner, especially after he had just informed us during the appoint
Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Dr Melissa Freakley is EXCELLENT. I was happy with my visit and understood my headaches better and got proper meds.
Dawn Gooch – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I met Dr Atit in the hospital and was directed to see him once discharged. One my first visit, he immediately recognized that something was different and wrong with me. He met me halfway down the hallway and assisted me to his office and was very kind and compassionate toward me. He listened to my complaints and was able to see that I was having a bad reaction to a medication prescribed in the hospital. He has since treated me for another bad reaction that occurred months later. He pays close attention to what medicines I take and listens/responds appropriately when I have a problem. I have had other doctors who refuse to hear when there is something wrong. It has been such a relief to work with Dr. Atit; his NP, Melissa; and all of the office staff. Each has been wonderful in assisting me back to life after an acquired brain injury. I feel quite confident when suggesting that anyone see this medical provider.
Ida Austin – Jun 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I am my cousin's Medial Power of Attorney and have never been able to have a conversation with Dr. Atit. I have found Dr. Atit's office staff to be uncaring and combative. I live in California and my cousin is in Florida - she has no family close by. Usually, when I call the office number, it rings and rings - no message or voice mail. The times I have been able to get through, I have left requests for a call back. (messages left a total of 5 times over 2 wks. He had an MRI done of my cousin (I'm her medical POA and can easiliy provide documentation to provie it if necessary) and she has a MPOA partly because she is a very poor historian. That is, she typically can't tell you what the doctor said after an appointment or she gets it confused. She reports Dr. Atit said there is something very wrong with her brain. If that's the case, then as her only close famly member and MPOA, I should be told so I can help her adjust to this news. If there is nothing wrong, then I can reassure her.
Nancy T Smith – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I had seen 2 neurologists who misdiagnosed my condition. Finally my friend recommended Dr Atit. Dr Atit diagnosed my MS and put me on the correct medication. Dr Atit is very knowledgeable, took a great deal of time to talk to me and my husband and explained everything in detail. Dr Atit is very kind and treats his patients like his own family.
Feb 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
This is my worst experience ever at a doctor's office. I was hospitalized and on discharge, there was directed to go to follow up with this dr. I called them and verified that they take my insurance they said ok we take this insurance. I went on my appointment nobody checked me in and after I saw the dr the front disk told me that they don't take my insurance and I have to pay the money in cash.I refused so she harassed me verbally and accused me that I fooled them and gave them wrong insurance information she kept threatening me that she will call the security for me to the extent I started crying like a baby, after an hour she refused to let me wash my face. she kicked me out saying don't come here anymore and kept saying I cheated them. in the end, I knew from this dr that this is his wife, her name is Sandy and she doesn't know what to do and this is her mistake but still sending me bills and asking me to pay
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Started me, a senior citizen, on nearly five times the recommended starting dose of Gabapentin. After three weeks, I was addicted to the medicine, barely able to walk 50 feet without needing to sit down and having hallucinations. Moreover, the medicine he prescribed did nothing for my neuropathic pain. When I complained, I was told the solution was to up my dose if I wanted to see my pain subside. Overall, my experience was terrible.
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Dr Atit MD Saved my Life! Misdiagnosed by another Neurologist who said I had early Alzheimer’s! Dr. Atit Sent me to get a PET Scan using “ Nuclear MRI” NOT “ “Neuro- MRI”! Huge Difference in my life! No Alzheimer’s for me!!! NK Dunedin, FL
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
He is a great doctor I cant say enough good about him, very compassionate and detailed. I would highly recommend him.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
He treats my father and daughter.Hes so caring and At for bedside manners.Hes helped my dad alot.
Kris Garner in New Port Richey, FL – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I took my mother in law to see Dr Atit as a last hope . She had been seen by 2 other neurologists and there was no diagnosis. My neighbor was a patient of Dr Atit and recommended Dr Atit. Dr Atit not only diagnosed her with Parkinson's but also started her on the right treatment . I have been suffering from migraines for a long time and discussed that with him. Dr Atit gave me Botox injections and I don't have migraines anymore. We are very grateful to Dr Atit.
Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
If I could give zero stars I would in a heartbeat. Dr. Atit never listened to anything and made me feel stupid for thinking something was wrong. Turns out I was misdiagnosed by him and it cost me many ER visits and weeks off work. He does not listen and gives up on you very quick. His staff was nice, but that's the only good thing I can say about my time with Dr. Atit.
Unhappy – Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Outstanding professionalism, caring and very knowledgeable. I’ve been a patient of his for years and I’m very happy with him.
Dee D in Port Richey – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
I had facial paralysis on the right side of my face. After MRIs at Palm Harbor MRI, Dr. Atit said I would have Bells Palsy the rest of my life. Also the MRI didn't show anything. Fortunately, I found a Doctor at Tampa General who knew what he was doing. I've had two cancer operations that saved my life. My recommendation - don't go to any "strip mall doctors or strip mall MRI Centers". Find a qualified doctor at a good medical center.
Palm Harbor – Feb 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Called over 5 hours ago to inform Dr. that his patient, my son, had a seizure. As per his receptionist he hasn't picked up his messages. In January he was on vacation and his nurse practitioner was out for 3 days when my son ran out of medicine for his seizures. RUN DON'T WALK FROM THIS DR.!! HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS!!!
Kathleen in Tarpon Springs, Fl – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Outstanding doctor!!! Dr. Atit has a very open demeanor which allows patient to feel free to ask questions. He is always willing to listen and answer your questions. He has treated multiple members of my family. His staff at both offices are very friendly and courteous and always willing to help you with any scheduling issues. He works on a time schedule true to your appointment. Dr. Atit has treated me since 2010.
Renee Duncan in Palm Harbor, Florida – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?
Dr. Atit did not reply to phone messages left for him asking about the medication he prescribed for one of his patient's who was taken to the emergency room. The patient was admitted to the hospital. Dr. Atit's office was called by the patient's family and detailed questions were left with his staff three days in a row. Dr. Atit never replied.
Tampa, FL – Nov 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikram Atit, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Atit?

Always try and help patients to the best of my ability .

21 years experience .