Neurology  |
Dr. Vikas Varma, MD
Dr. Vikas Varma is a neurologist and pain management specialist with focus on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain. Dr. Varma performs a spectrum of neurological testing and interventional pain procedures including but not limited to; spinal cord stimulation, discography with disc decompression, radiofrequency lesioning, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy along with neurophysiology. Dr. Varma is also specialized in the diagnosis/treatment of headache/migraines including botox for chronic migraines in addition to functional and anti-aging medicine.

Fresh Meadows Office

16408 65th Ave

Fresh Meadows, NY 11365

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Varma

Dr. Varma's Experience

Dr. Varma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiofrequency Denervation

• North Shore Univ Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • University of South Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Varma has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Varma has no media or publications listed.

• Czech
  • Hindi
  • Slovak

Dr. Varma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Varma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varma to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Varma's Performance
in New York NY |
Very disappointed please don't go to see him. Don't make mistake to see him. Office staffs (Amanda, Amy, Jessica one guy)is worse than doctor.
Dr. Varma has been treating me for a neurological chronic pain condition for almost two years. He is knowledgable, caring and professional. He discusses all options of treatment with me and answers all my questions. He takes the time to get to know his patients. I would recommend Dr. Varma to anyone with a neurological concern and have been very happy with the treatment I have been receiving.
in Flushing, NY |
Great doctor!
in College Point, NY |
He is a caring Doctor. He listens and he speaks to you, not at you. Explains everything. He is not a pill pusher. At times, he is very funny
in Woodside, NY |
I had encountered terrible Dr.'s. in the past. I was very sceptical in searching for a new Dr. However, after looking for a new pain management Dr., Dr. Varma and his staff were very pleasant to deal with in their office. Dr. Varma took the time to explain my options before treating me. He made sure that I was very comfortable in the process. This is exactly what I needed. I wanted to feel comfortable . I felt like I made the right decision w/ dr. Verma :) .
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been a patient and there Dr verma's care for the past 5 years very pleased about his care about patience he is so good at what he does so busy and he make sure he takes his time to go to your history and take care of your health he will do any necessary Things to make impossible very possible and make sure the patient is happy I will recommend dr. Verma to anybody that needs a good doctor and someone can listen to you and diagnose your pain this is my experience for the past 5 years
Flushing, NY |
I LIKE THE SERVICES PROVIDED, THEY ARE EXCELLENT. THE TREATMENT IS GREAT AND THEY OFFER COMPLETE SERVICE.
Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Varma and staff are excellent, they addressed all my concerns and needs, the are very attentive, caring and professional. Making appointments are easy and the office staff always accommodates my schedule. Very warm medical office. Highly recommend.
Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Varma and staff are very caring professionals. Dr. Varma works hand in hand, seeing patients, answering all health questions and recommending the best course for your health needs. Since receiving treatment, I've found myself feeling a lot better, even improved mobility. Highly recommend.
in NY |
Dr. Varma is one of the best doctors that I have ran across in my life. He is truly a god send. When I run across people with server pain and ready to give up, the first thing I do is to tell them about Dr. Varma. I let them know that he is the type of doctor who listens to his patients. Not too many doctors these days do that. I have been with Dr. Varma for many years and he has always helped me through my painful times. And for that I'm so grateful. Thank you so much.
in South Richmond Hill, NY |
Very nice doctor. Very helpful. He listen and understand patient problem than diagnose. I recommend this doctor to all.
in Richmond Hill |
Dr varma is a very very good doctor
in Queens Village, NY |
This is an assembly line doctor. He has a ton of patients that go in and out very quickly. He barely makes eye contact with you and literally spends one minute in the room with you while looking in the computer screen. He does not care about your previous conditions, medications or if you have test results with you he won't even go over them even if they show a diagnosis. If you need a really caring physician that will spend time on your case and treat you like a human being, go somewhere else.
in Flushing, NY |
Dr. Varma is an excellent Doctor. He really helps you and understands the various problems related to pain. I like him a lot. He is extremely busy, but still knows exactly what to do for you. I highly recommend him.. A Very intelligent person.
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma is a very caring and understanding doctor. He listens to your symptoms and helps you to understand and treat your diagnosis.
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma and his staff are great! The Dr. is very easy and is truly concerned about his patients. I would highly recommend him.
in Jericho, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Varma for almost a year, unlike many previous physicians Dr. Varma explains the whys, whats, and hows of neck and back issues. Additionally, Dr. Varma's office has helped me to address and rectify other ongoing unrelated health issues.
in Jackson Heights, NY |
For over a year and a half my experience with Dr. Vikas Varma has been a pleasure. He is running an amazing practice. His staff and him are awesome and I would recommend him to anyone in need a pain management care.
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma has helped me a great deal in handling my pain issues. Under Dr. Varmas direction my surgery was easy to schedule! I will continue with Dr. Varma to manage recover because he is great doctor.
in JERICHO, NY |
DR. VIKAS VARMA LISTENS TO ALL MY CONCERNS WITH COMPASSION AND IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR!
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma is an excellent doctor. I have been with him for over 14 years and couldn't imagine of ever seeing anyone else!
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma is a caring and gentle doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is very easy to talk to. He has helped me tremendously with his innovative and effective treatments. Thank you Dr. Varma!
in Jericho, NY |
Dr. Varma has been very helpful in making me understand my options with my chronic pain in my neck and lower back. I would recommend Dr. Varma and his services to patients who are in need of help with their chronic pain. Dr. Varma is a caring and respectful doctor.
in Jackson Heights, NY |
Dr. Vikas is a very professional physician, understanding and caring about your progress. After my treatment with him thanks to his advise I now know how to deal with my back pain. I feel much better.
in New York, NYC |
Dr. Vikas is extremely understanding patient takes his time and very understanding overall a very nice person and a great doctor
in Astoria NY |
He is a very good doctor. He Is patient and very understanding and cares about your progress.
in Astoria, NY |
Waited over an hour for my appointment, when I did meet with him he kept leaving the room and seemed distracted. The office is very unorganized and does not get back to you. I had to call them 4x and both offices to finally get them to call in my authorization. If you are in pain and need assistance I would find a different doctor where you don't have to wait two weeks for them to call in an approval. Also the office was crowded with people waiting to be seen and smelled like a vet's office.
Have you seen Dr. Vikas Varma, MD?
Are you Dr. Varma?

See our Neurology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital

Visit Dr. Varma

Dr. Varma accepts 25 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CoreSource