Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD

Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Pasadena, CA and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in ophthalmology, anterior segment surgery, and more.Read his story

625 S Fair Oaks Ave # 285

Pasadena, CA 91105

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Chopra's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chopra's Top Procedures and Conditions

Allergic Conjunctivitis

Dr. Chopra treats Allergic Conjunctivitis more than 60% of his peers

Dr. Chopra treats this condition more than 60% of his peers

Visual Field Defects

Dr. Chopra treats Visual Field Defects more than 53% of his peers

Dr. Chopra treats this condition more than 53% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Scotoma

• Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • YAG Iridotomy
  • YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

The subspecialty ophthalmologists of the renowned UCLA Doheny Eye Centers, which has been consistently ranked nationally in the "Top 10" for two decades by U.S. News & World Report, has recently been ranked as the "Best Ophthalmology Program in t...

• Ophthalmology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chopra

Dr. Chopra?
Dr. Chopra's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD
After suffering a mismanaged Cataract surgery on my left eye that resulted in glaucoma and tunnel vision, I am now under the excellent care of Dr. Chopra. He recently removed the cataract from my right eye with amazing results. This has restored my independence. He is not only extremely capable and knowledgeable, he is humorous and very caring. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra has treated me for glaucoma and cataracts for the past four years. He and his excellent team at Doheny Eye Center of UCLA have provided expert surgical procedures, effective meds, and highly professional, personal care. I drive nearly 60 miles for visits to his office. It is well worth the time invested. My vision is the best it has ever been and the pressure in my eyes lower than ever. I highly recommend Dr. Chopra and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra was always available and spent enough time with his patients. He has great "bed side" manners. Without any hesitation I would recommend Dr. Chopra
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Chopra, he is the kind of doctor I wish all doctors would be. Besides being very knowledgeable in his field he always addresses your concerns and explains everything in detail. I love his kindness and compassion. His office personnel is polite and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr Chopra is way past an excellent Dr. The best in his field we thank God we found Him. My eyes after cataract surgery with astigmatisms are 20/20 My Glaucoma is now completely gone?????? His bedside manner is superb and he truly cares for his patients Thank You Dr Chopra you are the Best ??????????????????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
I am a current patient of Dr. Chopra, under treatment for open-angle glaucoma in both eyes. I have been, and continue to be, very impressed with his knowledge of the latest medical and surgical techniques, but also with his caring and optimistic manner. This combination is often hard to find in a specialist -- but Dr. Chopra has it all. I have great confidence in him, and recommend him without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
I will forever be grateful for Dr Chopra and his wonderfully caring team for saving my eyesight. I had been under the care of another doctor and by the time I saw Dr Chopra my eye pressure was in the high 50s with real danger of a loss of sight. He acted quickly and decisively and now my eyes are back to “normal”. Dr Chopra is not only at the TOP of his field but also an extraordinarily caring and giving doctor. Thanks so much for allowing me to watch my son grow up Dr Chopra. The Amors
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is the best doctor in any field that I have ever had! He is very generous with his time with his patients. He explains things very clearly so you can understand diagnosis, treatments and any procedures that need to be done. From conversations with him, you can tell he really cares about his patients. He is very current with the latest technology and treatments available. His enthusiasm is contagious, everyone in his office is super friendly. Going to see him is like visiting family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
When I first went to Dr Chopra my Glaucoma was out of control. I already had some permanent vision loss. My previous doctor was unable to do more and I was in dire straits. I decided to go to Doheny Eye because they had an excellent reputation. Dr Chopra was friendly and professional and I saw that he really wanted to help me. His treatment is amazing and I have my eyesight back again. I see how excited he gets when he checks my eyes and sees that I am doing so well! Thank you Dr. Chopra!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra did a procedure on both my eyes for Narrow Angle Glaucoma and now the pressure has dropped to less than half of what it was. He did a great job, I can see much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is an Angel that was placed in my life to give me hope with my advanced glaucoma diagnosis. Dr. Chopra responded immediately once he reviewed my medical records from my prior ophthalmologist in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. Chopra spent the necessary time to give me hope, confidence and happiness that he was going to help me see for many years to come. Dr. Chopra delivered on his promise and continues to give me the best care and why I drive over 500 miles to see him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
I am not sure where to begin. Besides Dr. Chopra being super smart and making me feel comfortable, he is a genuine good person and he is the only one I would let do surgery on my eyes. I have a long history of eye issues and have been scared to even trust someone to handle my case. When I found out that I had narrow angles and needed to have a laser surgery on my eyes, scared was a mild feeling. Dr. Chopra made me feel understood, safe and cared for. Thank you Dr. Chopra for being a bad**s.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is a great ophthalmologist. He explained everything about my glaucoma and how best to manage my condition. He also implanted a stent for the glaucoma and implanted new lenses for my cataracts with great success. Dr. Chopra also uses the latest technology and methods in his practice. The entire office staff is the best and very helpful. I feel very comfortable and well cared for by Dr. Chopra and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
This physician is outstanding, I came as an urgent case he made time in a very busy schedule. He was extremely knowledgeable, kind and determined to do the very best he could for me. I not only felt cared for but more so cared about, a very impressive provider is knowledge was very comforting. Thank you.
excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is an excellent doctor and we feel very fortunate to have been referred to him by our opthomologist. My husband was diagnosed with low pressure glaucoma, requiring surgery in both eyes. Dr. Chopra performed the surgery 16 months ago and my husband continues to do well. Dr. Chopra has such a busy practice and we appreciate the fact that even though he is behind with his patients, he always comes into the room with such a cheerful and pleasant attitude. We give him 5 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is an incredibly intelligent doctor, gifted surgeon and just wonderful human being. He has been treating my husband for years and has saved the vision in one of his eyes that has been through incredible trauma. Then it was my turn to see him - I had a dangerous condition and Dr Chopra resolved it with peripheral iridotomy on both eyes then cataract surgery on both. My vision is better now at 66 than ever, thanks to Dr. Chopra!! I highly recommend this wonderful physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is fantastic! He is clinically sound and really listens to his patients. My mother was initially his patient and he has followed her for many years. A few years ago he did some screening on me. Later he did surgery very successful on me. I had no complications and have vastly improved eyesight (20/20). He’s also a great human being!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
I have severe glaucoma, both eyes. I met Dr. Chopra in 2016. I went in with many eye problems and my eye pressure in the high 30's. I'd lost most vision in my left eye. Dr. Chopra has done wonders with my eye problems. My left eye in need of a lens implant and silicone Glaucoma implant was performed successfully by Dr. Chopra. On Mar. 1, 2018, Dr. Chopra used a LASER IRIDOTOMY OD (right eye) for Anatomical narrow angle and, with the first poof/puff hit he took care of the problem. Helen Mata
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
Dr. Chopra is highly capable in conversing and reassuring patients. I felt that when he removed my cataracts, he had produced a miracle. My eyes are of the utmost importance to me , since I am an artist. I have never seen better in my life.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chopra?

Doheny Eye Center UCLA