Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD
Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Chopra is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and Huntington Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Chopra's Experience

See how Dr. Chopra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chopra

Dr. Chopra accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Chopra is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chopra has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chopra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chopra to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Chopra's Performance
    Dr Chopra was so reassuring and professional. His work made such a difference as I was in danger of imminent narrow angle closure in both eyes and his treatment significantly reduced my risk for glaucoma.
    I have been a patient of Dr. Chopras for many years. Our entire family trusts him; he treats both my parents and a sibling as well for both glaucoma related issues and cataracts. I would absolutely recommend him and the entire Doheny team.
    in pasadena, ca |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Chopra for over three years. He has been treating me for low pressure glaucoma. Recently he has done my cataract surgery. I have been so happy with the outcome of my cataract surgery. While Dr. Chopra is always professional and courteous, he is also very approachable, patient, and friendly. He is a very good listener and always answers any questions I have. I have also been impressed with his staff who are very helpful and seem genuinely happy to work in there.
    in Arcadia, CA |
    Dr. Chopra is a very competent, has good bedside manners, and very personable. He has done both Glaucoma and Cataract surgeries in both my eyes over the last 4 years,with good outcomes.
    in Torrance, CA |
    After much research on specialists I selected Dr. Chopra and I am glad I did. In addition to being educated and extremely skilled in his area of expertise, he is well informed and engaged in the latest research. He uses that information to further aid not only his patients, but to ophthalmology patients as a whole. He always takes time to answer my questions ands makes me feel at ease. There are many specialist in my immediate area, but I travel to Pasadena for Dr. Chopra; he is the best.
    in Santa Clarita, CA |
    Dr. Chopra was highly recommended to me and I first went to see him a few years ago because of serious concerns due to my glaucoma. He was professional, yet warm and caring. He took the time to explain my condition in detail and the best treatment for optimal eye health. He was my surgeon for two cataract surgeries, which were both highly successful and pain free! He is an amazing surgeon and an awesome individual and I highly recommend him for anyone with glaucoma issues. He's the best!
    in Monrovia, CA |
    I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Chopra, he's a real professional, kind and considerate . He always goes out of his way to explain my condition, provide updates and answers any and all questions that I may have. I have a the utmost confidence in the care I receive from him and have referred him to others.
    in Duarte, CA |
    Very good tech backup and tests They take the time necessary and Doctor has a very good (bedside manner) and answered my questions
    in Alhambra, CA |
    Dr Chopra and Doheny Eye Institute , now affiliated with UCLA, were a "God Send". My father had very quickly lost most of his eye sight to glaucoma by the time we finally found Dr. Chopra, although he couldn't restore the lost vision he went above and beyond to stave the progression and maintain what little sigh my father has left. Dr. Chopra is a very busy doctor and rightfully so, he is an expert in the field but we could always feel his genuine concern and passion. I would recommend Dr Chopra
    in Duarte, CA |
    I like that everything is explained, if I don't understand something, all I have to do is ask.
    in Glendale, CA |
    I recommend Dr. Vikas Chopra as the best Dr in Glaucoma Surgery. He cares and took time explaining non Invasive Glaucoma Surgery. During and after the surgery I felt no discomfort and my eye pressure is normal! J.Gauenti
    in Rosemead, CA |
    I felt down, depressed and without hope until I talked to Dr Vikas Chopra. Before the surgery He made me feel I was in good hands by explaining how minimal the touch for glaucoma surgery is. After the surgery and Dr Chopra's care, I have not needed another surgery. I have recommended Dr Vikas Chopra to my family and friends. I recommend Dr Vikas Chopra. Manuel T. G.
    in Rosemead, CA |
    In 2012 Both my eye pressure was 28 when Dr. Paulina Han (Chopra's College student) in Rosemead sent me to. "The Best Doctor in the Newer Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery". Dr. Vikas Chopra. Post Surgery every six months Dr Chopra see me to monitor my eyes. Since my surgery my eye pressure have being Normal! I am thankful I found Han and Chopra they are so considerate and care for us human beings. I recommend with the bottom of my heart Dr. Vikas Chopra. Martha Robson.
    in San Gabriel, CA |
    has been his glaucoma patient for about 10 years. very impatient and does not like to answer any questions. Always in a rush and has little compassion for patient's needs. I am looking for another alternative and do not understand why he is with Doheney at all, Will write to his institution to fill my recent complaints.
    in 91007 |
    No time to ask questions or adjust to m concern. No bedside manner
    Have you seen Dr. Vikas Chopra, MD?
    Are you Dr. Chopra?

Dr. Chopra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Chopra has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chopra's Board Certifications

• Blepharitis
    • Blind Hypertensive Eye
    • Blindness
    • Cataract
    • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
    • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
    • Corneal Diseases
    • Corneal Ulcer
    • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
    • Diabetic Retinopathy
    • Diplopia
    • Disseminated Chorioretinitis and Disseminated Retinochoroiditis
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Dry Eyes
    • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
    • Retinal Dystrophy
    • Retinal Hemorrhage
    • Retinal Vein Occlusion
    • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
    • Sarcoidosis
    • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1996

• Hindi

Dr. Chopra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chopra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
    • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
    • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
    • Trabeculotomy Ab Externo
    • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
    • Vitreoretinal Surgery