Dr. Vijay Vad, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Vijay Vad, MD
Dr. Vijay Vad, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Vad is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery.

Dr. Vad's Experience

See how Dr. Vad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vad

Dr. Vad accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Vad is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Vad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vad to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Vad's Performance
    in PNew York, NYo |
    I saw Dr. Vad after I had back surgery and I was told by my surgeon I had “scar tissue” and had to learn to live with the pain. Dr. Vad gave me a long-term plan of exercises and stretches, and referred me to a Pilates instructor. After the first two weeks I could feel a dramatic improvement, and by one month the pain was totally gone. I have stuck to his plan and the difference is like night and day. Dr. Vad gave me an alternative that most doctors would never suggest.
    Brooklyn, NY |
    Wonderful experience! Easy to speak with. Nice way about him! Highly recommend.
    in Palm Springs, CA |
    I was diagnosed with bone spurs that were preventing me from walking normally. Dr. Vad suggested an alternative treatment to surgery, of injections near my ankle and heel. I cannot believe I am not only walking well again, I am actually able to run again. I never thought I would have this relief. Dr. Vad has the best bedside manner and is compassionate to people's suffering. He is a great listener and I appreciate all he has done for me. I feel alive again!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I had a herniated disc and years of back pain. I saw four other doctors who all said to take more pills which just destroyed my stomach, and I never felt any better. When Dr. Vad gave me an epidural injection I had immediate relief for the first time! Because I am on my feet for many hours a day as a teacher the soreness and pain felt constant and left me out of work for many days. I cannot recommend Dr. Vad more highly if anyone has chronic pain with cures that have failed elsewhere.
    Beverly Hills, CA |
    Dr. Vad is a miracle worker to say the least. Without going in length, I've suffered uncomfortable knee pain for longer than I can remember. After visiting Dr. Vad several times, while I was in NYC for business, I am able to walk at ease again. I cannot thank him enough and the friend who recommended Dr. Vad.
    in New York, NY |
    I work as a Tennis Instructor to the pros and after months of lost days and income, Dr. Vad saved me. I went to four different specialists before being referred to Dr. Vad, and just when I thought my situation was hopeless, Dr. Vad is the only physician who put me on the road to recovery. Within a matter of weeks my flexibility came back, the pain waned, and I am now at 95% of where I was before. Most importantly Dr. Vad is comprehensive in his follow up plan so that every option is utilized.
    in Scarsdale, NY |
    As my condition worsens 7 months after a botched lumbar epidural injection performed by Dr. Vad, I am compelled to share my story so no one else suffers as I am. Dr. Vad is an arrogant and incompetent physician, in my opinion. He performed a rushed transforaminal epidural injection without contrast dye under "high pressure" (in his own words) and damaged my L4 nerve causing excrutiating pain and numbness in my right leg. I am told I now have irreversible nerve damage. Dr. Vad is awful.
    in West Palm Beach, FL |
    I have had years of stiffness and pain with both my shoulder and my knees. Every surgeon and physician always said it was just "part of getting older." That all changed with Dr. Vad. He gave me steps to improve my flexibility, that included simple changes in diet, supplements, and a new routine of progressive exercises. I have been PAIN FREE for the last YEAR and it's been incredible. Thank you Dr. Vad for giving me my freedom back.
    Very trustworthy
    in Jamaica, NY |
    Experience wasn't bad until I see how he treat his staff.quite disrespectful. So that was the breaking point for me.they work hard and yes they have to be respected as well.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Vad is extremely conscientious, caring and on the cutting edge of his field. He is truly concerned for his patients' well being and overall health. He is one of the finest human beings I have ever met.
    Have you seen Dr. Vijay Vad, MD?
    Are you Dr. Vad?

Dr. Vad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
    •  Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine

Dr. Vad has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vad's Board Certifications

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
    • Sports Medicine

• Achilles Tendinitis
    • Adhesive Capsulitis
    • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
    • Knee Arthritis
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Weill Cornell Medical College

Completed in 1996

Hospital For Spl Surgery

Completed in 1997

Dr. Vad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine