Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Vijay Vad, MD
Dr. Vijay Vad, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Vad is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery.

519 E 72nd St

New York, NY 10021

Learn about Dr. Vad

Dr. Vad's Experience

Dr. Vad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Radiofrequency Denervation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stem Cell Therapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Rush Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Weill Cornell Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Hospital For Spl Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Vad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vad to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Vad's Performance
in New York, NY |
I have been suffering from debilitating arthritis for many years. I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Vad and meet this extraordinary physician. Dr. Vad gave me several injections and it changed my ability to feel alive--again. He treated me holistically, by making diet suggestions, he gave me his anti-inflammatory supplements at no cost, and my pain has been reduced dramatically, I can never thank him enough. All of his advice was straight-forward, and easy to follow, a true healer.
in Forest Hills, NY |
I visited multiple other Doctors and Surgeons only to be told they cannot/will not repair the 3 torn discs in my lower back only to relieve severe pain. Everyone said the medical technology is not where it needs to be to help me. After examining me and reviewing all of my history Dr. Vad told me he could help. It's been several years now and I'm back to work, back to doing things with my family and even traveling. All thanks to Dr. Vad. Listen to him! Do what he says, he can help you.
New York, NY |
I've wondered why my previous negative review of Dr. Vad disappeared. Apparently doctors can remove negative reviews on Vitals and Healthgrades. My visit with Dr. Vad four years ago was terrible. He saw me for 5-7 minutes, didn't look at my MRI or X-rays, sold his products (book, vitamins, cream, etc.), and worst of all, gave me a diagnosis that ended up being inaccurate. I am stubbornly reposting because it is wrong that such an insincere doctor is being presented as a good one.
in PNew York, NYo |
I saw Dr. Vad after I had back surgery and I was told by my surgeon I had “scar tissue” and had to learn to live with the pain. Dr. Vad gave me a long-term plan of exercises and stretches, and referred me to a Pilates instructor. After the first two weeks I could feel a dramatic improvement, and by one month the pain was totally gone. I have stuck to his plan and the difference is like night and day. Dr. Vad gave me an alternative that most doctors would never suggest.
Brooklyn, NY |
Wonderful experience! Easy to speak with. Nice way about him! Highly recommend.
in Palm Springs, CA |
I was diagnosed with bone spurs that were preventing me from walking normally. Dr. Vad suggested an alternative treatment to surgery, of injections near my ankle and heel. I cannot believe I am not only walking well again, I am actually able to run again. I never thought I would have this relief. Dr. Vad has the best bedside manner and is compassionate to people's suffering. He is a great listener and I appreciate all he has done for me. I feel alive again!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a herniated disc and years of back pain. I saw four other doctors who all said to take more pills which just destroyed my stomach, and I never felt any better. When Dr. Vad gave me an epidural injection I had immediate relief for the first time! Because I am on my feet for many hours a day as a teacher the soreness and pain felt constant and left me out of work for many days. I cannot recommend Dr. Vad more highly if anyone has chronic pain with cures that have failed elsewhere.
Beverly Hills, CA |
Dr. Vad is a miracle worker to say the least. Without going in length, I've suffered uncomfortable knee pain for longer than I can remember. After visiting Dr. Vad several times, while I was in NYC for business, I am able to walk at ease again. I cannot thank him enough and the friend who recommended Dr. Vad.
in Scarsdale, NY |
As my condition worsens 7 months after a botched lumbar epidural injection performed by Dr. Vad, I am compelled to share my story so no one else suffers as I am. Dr. Vad is an arrogant and incompetent physician, in my opinion. He performed a rushed transforaminal epidural injection without contrast dye under "high pressure" (in his own words) and damaged my L4 nerve causing excrutiating pain and numbness in my right leg. I am told I now have irreversible nerve damage. Dr. Vad is awful.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have had years of stiffness and pain with both my shoulder and my knees. Every surgeon and physician always said it was just "part of getting older." That all changed with Dr. Vad. He gave me steps to improve my flexibility, that included simple changes in diet, supplements, and a new routine of progressive exercises. I have been PAIN FREE for the last YEAR and it's been incredible. Thank you Dr. Vad for giving me my freedom back.
Very trustworthy
in Jamaica, NY |
Experience wasn't bad until I see how he treat his staff.quite disrespectful. So that was the breaking point for me.they work hard and yes they have to be respected as well.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Vad is extremely conscientious, caring and on the cutting edge of his field. He is truly concerned for his patients' well being and overall health. He is one of the finest human beings I have ever met.
Have you seen Dr. Vijay Vad, MD?
Are you Dr. Vad?