Dr. Vijay Shanmugam, MD

Dr. Vijay Shanmugam, MD

Neurology  ·
Dr. Vijay Shanmugam, MD is a neurology specialist in Lancaster, CA and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from Madras Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr Mgr Medical University in 1976 and specializes in neurology.

44215 15th St W Ste 204

Lancaster, CA 93534

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • LACare
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Shanmugam

See how frequently Dr. Shanmugam performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Headache
Seizure Disorders

Dr. Shanmugam's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Madras Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr Mgr Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Rush Presby St Luke's M C

Dr. Shanmugam has no media or publications listed.

• Tamil

Dr. Shanmugam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shanmugam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shanmugam's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shanmugam to family and friends

Dr. Shanmugam's Performance

GOOD

GOOD

I was greeted in a clean and comfortable waiting room by two friendly and professional receptionists. I was seen very promptly by the doctor, who promised to read my entire (extensive) history of documents before my next appointment. The Dr. spent the time it took to listen to me and take care of...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Shanmugam is more understanding than most doctors I have seen and most of all practical. He listened to my concerns and tailored treatment to my lifestyle very well. His staff is prompt with phone calls and are always nice and helpful. My prescriptions are ALWAYS on time after about 2 years...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Had an appointment earlier today with Dr shanmugam. I found him very professional and thorough. I waited less than 10 minutes and found his staff caring and helpful.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
The office staff treated me better than this doctor. Sent by referral due to surgery complications. The man was negative during my visit. I should have walked out. Continued to out talk me and my husband. No wonder Care 1st dropped him. Very arrogant and non helpful. So sad.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
This Dr is super inconsiderate. He let me keep my appointment to see him, only to tell me that he no longer accepts my insurance (care 1st) very unprofessional. He has had me waiting and giving me the run around on authorization for meds. for 3 months. So dissapointed and angry with Dr Shanmugam!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0