Dr. Vigen Abovian, MD

Dr. Vigen Abovian, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Our commitment to patient care and physician work satisfaction is what drives us to be the most trusted and relied physicians in our area. We emphasize on communication and rapport building skills, patient centered and solution focused interviewing skills, as part of our solution focused therapy, as well as systematic information management with agenda setting to improve patient compliance and treatment outcomes. Scaling patient readiness for change, assessing their difficulties and expectations, helps us negotiate the appropriate tasks for our patients.

Dr. Abovian was born in Armenia and moved to southern California at the age of 14. After completing his undergraduate education in California, he earned his MD degree at Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico and Fifth Pathway program at New York Medical College in 2003. He completed his three year Family Practice Residency at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Texas. Dr. Abovian is Board Certified by American Board of Family Medicine, and is Fluent in English, Armenian, Russian and Spanish.

Dr. Abovian's Experience

See how Dr. Abovian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abovian

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abovian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abovian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abovian to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Abovian Says:

Thank you for you feedback!

Dr. Abovian's Performance
    in Glendale, CA |
    Dr. Abovian , is a great Doctor, comfortable to be around, clean office, good location, pretty easy free parking. My first visit at Dr. Abovian and I am very pleased to say the least. He listened to all of my concerns and he gave me great advice on ways to stay healthy. His staff was very pleasant greeted me right away. The wait time was short considering I was a new patient. The office was clean and the exam was quick and I was very satisfied with everything. After the appointment I was given
    Los Angeles |
    I like Dr. Abovian. He probably is one of the most intelligent people I know when it comes to your health. I have changed many dr. offices in the past, and for most reasons is my health is very important to me. I would like my dr. to take enough time to understand every aspect of my life before taking the first step to write me a prescription and dr. Abovian was that dr. for me. I like to stay as close as possible to home remedies and not use any synthetic medicine and glad to be patient here.
    in Corpus Christi, TX |
    Dr. Abovian was my daughter's physician in Corpus Christi, Tx and is the most caring, intelligent doctor we've ever known.
    Glendale, CA |
    I don't know who let him be a doctor. Doesn't even take the time with the patient and does not give authorization to the patient to see a specialist. stay away from this doctor.
    in Glendale, CA |
    I was assigned Dr Abovian through my insurance. I been really sick with the flu and wanted to call in for an appointment today. Receptionist informed me that Dr has no apts. available today, he's not working on Fridays because it's his paper work day and they are closed on weekends. Needless to say I need to find a different Dr. one that actually wants to work and see patients.
    Have you seen Dr. Vigen Abovian, MD?
    Are you Dr. Abovian?

Dr. Abovian's Care Philosophy

Dr. Abovian says...

His clinical interests in family medicine are Preventive Medicine, Women's Health, Skin Disorders, Muskuloskeletal injuries, Adult and Geriatric medicine, as well as emphasizing on rapport building skills with solutions focused and patient centered therapy using Evidenced Based Medicine.

Dr. Abovian says...

Thank you for you feedback!

Dr. Abovian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Abovian has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abovian's Board Certifications

West Coast University

Graduated in 1995

• Armenian
    • Russian

Dr. Abovian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abovian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology