Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Female
Dr. Vidhya Kannan, MD
Dr. Vidhya Kannan, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Mesa, AZ. Dr. Kannan is affiliated with Mountain Vista Medical Center.

7115 E Baseline Rd Ste 110

Mesa, AZ 85209

Learn about Dr. Kannan

Dr. Kannan's Experience

Dr. Kannan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Kannan does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Education data for Dr. Kannan is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Kannan has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kannan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kannan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kannan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kannan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kannan to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Kannan's Performance
    GOOD
When the doctor branched off to her own practice the quality of care diminished greatly. Anytime I had a question for the doctor in order to get an answer they required me to come into the office to pay a copay for a 5 minute visit when a simple yes or no over the phone would've sufficed. The nurse also has terrible patient care and often smelled like smoke prior to being seen. She is extremely unfriendly and one of the main reasons I am transferring care to a new endo. The doctor herself is ok.
Phoenix, AZ |
She is very personable and treats you with respect and dignity. Always trying different ways to help me control my diabetes
Queen Creek, AZ |
While Dr. Kannan was pleasant, as were the staff, I will not be going back. I recently moved to the area and went to her to deal with an issue that I have been treated for, for over 5 years. I simply wanted lab work as appropriate, and to maintain my prescriptions. Instead, she required that I go through all of the prequalifying steps, which I did 5 years ago. This is not the standard of care, nor has it been for over a decade. She stated this is for "Liability" reasons.
in Mesa, AZ |
very good endocrinologist. she answered all my questions and helped me have better control of my diabetes The staff was friendly and courteous. Im glad I finally found a good endocrinologist.
in Mesa, AZ |
I began seeing Dr. Kannan in the spring. I really liked meeting with her and her explanations of our plan to get my numbers on track. Truthfully, I didn't care for the office itself but she left the old practice and opened her own in Mesa called Desert Sky Endocrinology - Billie and Lisa in the office are so accommodating and helpful! I couldn't be happier!
in Mesa, AZ |
Thought Dr Kannan was a good Endo at 1st. If you're looking for an Endo that will treat w Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT), she is NOT the one, tho she says she will. I could tell she favored Levo, but said she has a couple people on NDT. Well after a 2nd set of hypo labs and being symptomatic she would not increase NDT. I know my body! Even PCP agreed I was no where near optimal. She is fired! Going back to Dr. Harari who I loved. But had insurance change, now will switch insurances back, ugh!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Very chaotic office. If you have a question about your prescription or lab results, it is very difficult to get a call back. Dr. tells you one thing and the staff tell you something different. They seem very disorganized.
Mesa, AZ |
I had fairly recent thyroid removal. She spaces her appointments so far apart & when you are trying to get optimal on thyroid medication this is rough. I had a 3 mo. wait til following appt. One and a half months in my fatigue and depression were still really getting to me. I called to see if she would increase thyroid medication as my last labs I was very hypo. So she had me do labs again. I was hypo but not as bad as before, non the less hypo. She refused to increase my dose or see me earlier.
in Chandler, AZ |
I was dissatisfied with my experience in not only waiting 3 months to see the Dr. but to have the Dr not prepared for my visit. I validated with my primary physician that paperwork was sent over to Dr Kannan. 3 separate occasions prior to my appt, my ultrasound was sent prior to my visit, even though Dr Kannan had specifically told me they had never received anything. Her resident assistant- BY FAR the WORSE BED SIDE MANNERS a person should ever have to endure. Very condescending very demeaning
Have you seen Dr. Vidhya Kannan, MD?
Are you Dr. Kannan?