Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Victoria Murphy, MD
I grew up in the Northern Virginia area, which I love, attending Thomas Jefferson High School in the 1980's. I graduated with high distinction from the University of Virginia where I met my future husband (also now a physician) in my first year dorm. I decided to become a doctor after my baby son was born with severe allergies which we were able to overcome using some new treatments. I received both my medical degree and internal medicine/primary care degree from George Washington University. I am a member of Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society and received eight awards in medical school graduating in the top 2% of my class. My wonderful daughter is completing her residency in emergency medicine and a fellowship in toxicology after graduating from UVA Medical School (I almost decided to attend the school, but wanted to remain in Northern Virginia with my family who is mostly in the area). My son lives in New York and married his high school sweetheart. They have an amazing baby girl.

Alexandria Primary Care Assocs

4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 710

Alexandria, VA 22304

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Murphy

I believe in a comprehensive approach to medical care. I do my best to spend the amount of time needed for my patients, who I consider my friends. I attempt to avoid using medications whenever possible, instead using lifestyle changes and nutritional changes whenever possible. Understanding my patient's medical history is very important to me. Prior to my patient's appointments I spend a lot of time reviewing their charts at home before the day begins (many physicians glance at the chart just prior to entering the room). This takes me an addition 7-8 hours weekly, but I feel it is time well spent.

Dr. Murphy's Experience

Dr. Murphy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • George Washington University

Dr. Murphy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Murphy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murphy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Murphy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Murphy to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Murphy's Performance
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Murphy allows 20 minutes per patient. Even when she does a physical, the questions are asked in rapid succession with barely enough time to answer. The last time I went, they told me the doctor would be with me "shortly", I waited over an hour. I left. When I went back and explained to her why I left, she said "maybe you should find another doctor." In other words, your time means nothing, you'll wait till I'm ready. Along with other issues during my visits, I would never recommend her
in Alexandria, VA |
I really like Dr. Murphy. She obviously looks at the labs, etc. and thinks about your health and tries to help you. I have recommended her to a couple of friends who also like her. She also cared for one of my best friend's parents at Goodwin House and they all really like her too. I was in need of help as I had a heart attack and triple bypass. She has been great.
Alexandria, VA |
Long time patient of Dr. Murphy's. However, I've grown increasingly frustrated as she's sacrificed patient care to external pressures, e.g. electronic record keeping, insurance company control, excessive number of patients. Gone is the thoughtful, personal doctor who used to genuinely listen and engage you. Now, she is an automaton; gets you in/out of your appointment as fast as possible with little personal interaction. Her nose is buried in her laptop and you're just another cog in the system.
Have you seen Dr. Victoria Murphy, MD?
Are you Dr. Murphy?

Blue Choice Advantage
    Blue Preferred PPO
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA