Dr. Victor Taylor, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Dr. Victor Taylor, MD
My name is Victor M. Taylor. I am a board-certified Anesthesiologist with fellowship training in Pain Management. I am also board-certified in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. I was born in Amarillo and have spent all of my life here, except during my training. This is my hometown. I have never wanted to live anywhere else. I graduated from Amarillo High School and from West Texas State University in Canyon. Taking the long way, I finally started to study Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in my late thirties. Part of my medical studies were done at the campus here in Amarillo. After medical school, I served my residency in Anesthesiology at University Medical Center in Lubbock. I served as chief resident during my final year of residency. Following residency, I was fortunate to receive a fellowship in Pain Management at Texas Tech. The Texas Tech Pain Management training is considered among the very best in the world. While in fellowship, I received the Medtronic Fellows Scholarship. During residency and fellowship, I engaged in research in the treatment of occipital neuralgia along with my attending Ralph Justiz, M.D. We were able to publish our research in a peer-reviewed journal. I have also authored two separate textbook chapters, one on cervical epidural steroid injections and one upper cervical joint injections. At the Gulf Area Anesthesiology Residents' Research Conference, I won first place in original research for my and Dr. Justiz' paper on occipital neuralgia. Following my training, I came home to Amarillo and opened my practice inside Panhandle Surgical Hospital. I have had the great good fortune to build a fantastic team and we have grown steadily over the years. We moved to our current location because we simply did not have room at PSH. Amarillo is great town for being a doctor. We have excellent physicians, surgeons and specialists here. Pain is a complex, devastating problem without a single answer. It would not be possible to treat chronic pain without the relationships with my colleagues. It is my hope to give you a better quality of life than you were having when we met. We may run into some roadblocks along the way. We may not always agree on everything. I will do my best to treat you with the best approach available. My door is always open to you. On a personal basis. I am married to Laura Taylor since 1988. We have a dog, a poodle. I like to read and write fiction. I started studying the piano at the age of 53, and I really enjoy that as well. Even if I'm having a rough day, after about 15-20 minutes interacting with my patients and my staff, I find myself in a great mood. That must mean I have found the right job!

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

Treatment of pain takes more than a single approach. Because pain involves the structures of the body, as well as the physiology/chemistry of the body, a single approach is rarely successful. In other words, there is usually not a single drug or intervention or therapy that by itself is sufficient to treat chronic pain. We take a three-pronged approach to our attack on pain utilizing medications, rehabilitation and directed procedures together to maximize our chances of success. Each area attacks pain in a different way. In war it takes air power, naval forces and ground forces to defeat an enemy. Pain is a formidable enemy, so we attack it accordingly.

Dr. Taylor's Experience

See how Dr. Taylor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Taylor is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Taylor has admitting privileges.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Taylor's Performance
Groom, TX |
Dr Taylor has been treating my pain in my back for about 5 years. I don't know how I could have managed without it.
Amarillo, TX |
Very caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable! Helped me with lower lumbar lysis of adhesions for extreme pain with nerve impingement. My experience at Panhandle Surgery was excellent! Trusted him with my 81 yr. old mother! Thank You Dr. Taylor and Staff??
in Amarillo, TX |
VERY professional, most helpful in all respects, great office staff, and surgery center nurses.
in Amarillo |
Puts money before his patients beware would not recommend him whatsoever
Although you feel so strongly about this that you need to post two times in the same day, Dr. Taylor sincerely wants you to feel better and hopes that you have resolved your pain issues. Dr. Taylor has not control over prices of medication or what your insurance covers and the out of pocket costs, including copays. Please feel free to schedule an appointment to see if Dr. Taylor can recommend a less expensive treatment or help you get a referral to another doctor.
in Amarillo , TX |
My experience is that this doctor is very money-driven if you have issues he puts money before his patients.
in Childress Tx |
Dr. Taylor has tremendously helped with my back
I was very impressed with Dr. Taylor he has given me hope. He listened and didn't just rush in and out. He didnt make me feel like I was crazy. Nor did he just want to prescribe a bunch of meds.
Have you seen Dr. Victor Taylor, MD?

Compare Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor says...

My name is Victor M. Taylor.  I am a board-certified Anesthesiologist with fellowship training in Pain Management.  I am also board-certified in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology.

I was born in Amarillo and have spent all of my life here, except during my training. This is my hometown.  I have never wanted to live anywhere else.  I graduated from Amarillo High School and from West Texas State University in Canyon.  Taking the long way, I finally started to study Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in my late thirties.  Part of my medical studies were done at the campus here in Amarillo.

After medical school, I served my residency in Anesthesiology at University Medical Center in Lubbock.  I served as chief resident during my final year of residency.  Following residency, I was fortunate to receive a fellowship in Pain Management at Texas Tech.  The Texas Tech Pain Management training is considered among the very best in the world.  While in fellowship, I received the Medtronic Fellows Scholarship.

We were able to publish our research in a peer-reviewed journal.  I have also authored two separate textbook chapters, one on cervical epidural steroid injections and one upper cervical joint injections.  At the Gulf Area Anesthesiology Residents' Research Conference, I won first place in original research for my and Dr. Justiz' paper on occipital neuralgia.

Following my training, I came home to Amarillo and opened my practice inside Panhandle Surgical Hospital.  I have had the great good fortune to build a fantastic team and we have grown steadily over the years.  We moved to our current location because we simply did not have room at PSH.

Amarillo is great town for being a doctor.  We have excellent physicians, surgeons and specialists here.  Pain is a complex, devastating problem without a single answer. It would not be possible to treat chronic pain without the relationships with my colleagues.

It is my hope to give you a better quality of life than you were having when we met.  We may run into some roadblocks along the way.  We may not always agree on everything.  I will do my best  to treat you with the best approach available.  My door is always open to you.

On a personal basis.  I am married to Laura Taylor since 1988.  We have a dog, a poodle.  I like to read and write fiction.  I started studying the piano at the age of 53, and I really enjoy that as well. Even if I'm having a rough day, after about 15-20 minutes interacting with my patients and my staff, I find myself in a great mood. That must mean I have found the right job!

Dr. Taylor's Care Philosophy

Treatment of pain takes more than a single approach.  Because pain involves the structures of the body, as well as the physiology/chemistry of the body, a single approach is rarely successful.  In other words, there is usually not a single drug or intervention or therapy that by itself is sufficient to treat chronic pain.  We take a three-pronged approach to our attack on pain utilizing medications, rehabilitation and directed procedures together to maximize our chances of success.  Each area attacks pain in a different way.  In war it takes air power, naval forces and ground forces to defeat an enemy.  Pain is a formidable enemy, so we attack it accordingly.

Dr. Taylor says...

Imaging-Guided Procedures

Fluoroscopic- and ultrasound-guided procedures make up one arm of our attack for many pain states.  The goal of the procedures can be to make physical changes to space around nerves and the spinal cord, to disrupt a sustained nerve hyperactivity or to simply block the ability of a nerve to send a pain signal to the brain.  Some of these procedures can give long lasting relief to the point of being considered a cure.  Some of the procedures will only give a few months of relief at a time and must be repeated for the pain to be controlled.  We will address the individual procedures in other sections of this website.

Dr. Taylor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Taylor's Board Certifications

• Chronic Joint Pain
    • Chronic Recurrent Abdominal Pain
    • Coccygeal Pain
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Facet Joint Pain
    • Shoulder Bursitis
    • Spinal Compression Fracture
    • Subacromial Bursitis
    • Tendonitis
    • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
    • Tension Headache
    • Trochanteric Bursitis

Texas Technical University

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology
    • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

• Bursa Injection
    • Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
    • Cervical Medial Branch Block
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
    • Epidural Steroid Injections