Dr. Victor Taylor, MD

Dr. Victor Taylor, MD

Anesthesiology  ·
Dr. Victor Taylor, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Amarillo, TX and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Texas Technical University in 2005 and specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine anesthesiology.Read his story

7901 SW 34th Ave

Amarillo, TX 79121

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor's Experience

Dr. Taylor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Taylor's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "My name is Victor M. Taylor. I am a board-certified Anesthesiologist with fellowship training in Pain Management. I am also board-certified in Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. I was born in Amarillo and have spent all of my life here, except during my training. This is my hometown. I have never wanted to live anywhere else. I graduated from Amarillo High School and from West Texas State University in Canyon. Taking the long way, I finally started to study Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in my late thirties. Part of my medical studies were done at the campus here in Amarillo. After medical school, I served my residency in Anesthesiology at University Medical Center in Lubbock. I served as chief resident during my final year of residency. Following residency, I was fortunate to receive a fellowship in Pain Management at Texas Tech. The Texas Tech Pain Management training is considered among the very best in the world. While in fellowship, I received the Medtronic Fellows Scholarship. During residency and fellowship, I engaged in research in the treatment of occipital neuralgia along with my attending Ralph Justiz, M.D. We were able to publish our research in a peer-reviewed journal. I have also authored two separate textbook chapters, one on cervical epidural steroid injections and one upper cervical joint injections. At the Gulf Area Anesthesiology Residents' Research Conference, I won first place in original research for my and Dr. Justiz' paper on occipital neuralgia. Following my training, I came home to Amarillo and opened my practice inside Panhandle Surgical Hospital. I have had the great good fortune to build a fantastic team and we have grown steadily over the years. We moved to our current location because we simply did not have room at PSH. Amarillo is great town for being a doctor. We have excellent physicians, surgeons and specialists here. Pain is a complex, devastating problem without a single answer. It would not be possible to treat chronic pain without the relationships with my colleagues. It is my hope to give you a better quality of life than you were having when we met. We may run into some roadblocks along the way. We may not always agree on everything. I will do my best to treat you with the best approach available. My door is always open to you. On a personal basis. I am married to Laura Taylor since 1988. We have a dog, a poodle. I like to read and write fiction. I started studying the piano at the age of 53, and I really enjoy that as well. Even if I'm having a rough day, after about 15-20 minutes interacting with my patients and my staff, I find myself in a great mood. That must mean I have found the right job!"

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "Treatment of pain takes more than a single approach.  Because pain involves the structures of the body, as well as the physiology/chemistry of the body, a single approach is rarely successful.  In other words, there is usually not a single drug or intervention or therapy that by itself is sufficient to treat chronic pain.  We take a three-pronged approach to our attack on pain utilizing medications, rehabilitation and directed procedures together to maximize our chances of success.  Each area attacks pain in a different way.  In war it takes air power, naval forces and ground forces to defeat an enemy.  Pain is a formidable enemy, so we attack it accordingly."

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

• Texas Technical University
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends

Dr. Taylor's Performance

Very poor bedside manner. Dr. Taylor speaks down to his patients, and is inconsiderate of their time. He seemed annoyed when I asked him about my procedure and was continuously rushing me through the visit. I waited for 2.5hrs just to be taken to a back room, and waited for another hour there. When...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Taylor has been treating my pain in my back for about 5 years. I don't know how I could have managed without it.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable! Helped me with lower lumbar lysis of adhesions for extreme pain with nerve impingement. My experience at Panhandle Surgery was excellent! Trusted him with my 81 yr. old mother! Thank You Dr. Taylor and Staff??
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
VERY professional, most helpful in all respects, great office staff, and surgery center nurses.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Puts money before his patients beware would not recommend him whatsoever
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Although you feel so strongly about this that you need to post two times in the same day, Dr. Taylor sincerely wants you to feel better and hopes that you have resolved your pain issues. Dr. Taylor has not control over prices of medication or what your insurance covers and the out of pocket costs, including copays. Please feel free to schedule an appointment to see if Dr. Taylor can recommend a less expensive treatment or help you get a referral to another doctor.