Dr. Victor Romano, MD

Dr. Victor Romano, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

As a life-long resident of Oak Park and River Forest, I am honored to be practicing orthopaedics in my hometown for over 25 years. I will do my best to serve this outstanding community and pledge to give you compassionate and quality orthopaedic care in a timely manner. Specializing in Sports Medicine on athletes of all ages, I will take care of injuries of your shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. Although I am skilled in arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee, I will try conservative care as much as possible, including platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections. I also will work with you, your physical therapist and athletic trainers in your rehabilitation while focusing on preventing further injuries. If surgery is necessary, I will give you state of the art arthroscopic surgery and direct you through an aggressive physical therapy program so that you may return to sports rapidly and safely. I also am skilled in surgical and conservative treatment of trauma and fractures of the upper and lower extremities in children and adults. In order to prevent return costumers, I founded our Bone Health Clinic where we will assess your risk of future fractures, educate you in proper nutrition for bone health and, when necessary, start you on medication to increase your bone density and prevent secondary fractures. Conservative and surgical arthritis care is another special interest of mine. I will guide you through a specific program of orthotics, medication, exercise, injections and possibly limited arthroscopy. If surgery is necessary, rapid and successful recovery is possible by optimizing your physical and nutritional health before surgery, performing surgery with computer-assisted total joint instrumentation and using similar rehab program that we do with our athletes.Finally, outside the field of orthopaedics, I have a strong passion for protecting our athletes from the real dangers of concussions. Many years before society was focused on concussions, I brought the first computerized concussion-testing program into our community. Along with rest, vestibular therapy and other means, we use this program to ensure that all of our young athletes have a safe return to sports. I also work with the coaches and players in preventing the onset of concussions. Outside of the office and the operating room, you may find me working on the sidelines of a local sporting event. My favorite pastime is to spend time with my family – especially with my new granddaughter, Mia. My most rewarding and humbling experience was to volunteer, within days of the disaster in Haiti, at St. Damien's Children's Hospital near the epicenter. There we cared for and operating on hundreds of devastated earthquake victims. I also enjoy participating in orthopaedic medical brigades at the Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos orphanage in Honduras. Although I spend most of my days there in the clinic and operating rooms, I truly receive may more than I give.

Romano Orthopedics

1 Erie Ct Ste 7120

Oak Park, IL 60302

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Romano

I want to take care of the whole person. I care about making people well, not just fixing a specific problem. I really believe everything is related. I don't want to just treat a shoulder or a knee, but to find and treat the root cause of your injury. I want to make the patient healthier in general. I want to make them well. I'm interested in more natural modalities—physical therapy, sleep and nutrition—and I think patients are, too. People are more of the mindset now of wanting health—robust, lasting health—not just a fix for a particular problem. You have to have an integrated and modern approach for that to happen.

Dr. Romano's Experience

Dr. Romano's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Physical Therapy
  • Preventive Medicine
  • Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pelvic Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Notre Dame
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Loyola University Stricht School Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Loyola University Stricht School Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Romano has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Romano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Romano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Elmhurst Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Romano is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Romano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Romano to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Romano's Performance
North Riverside, IL |
Dr. Romano is amazing with kids, took my 6 year old son for a visit when he broke his wrist. Dr. Romano was so patient, gentle, and interacted with him on his level, took all the worries out and my son was very happy. His did need a cast and the wrist healed perfectly. Have since recommended Dr. Romano to all my friends in need.
in Chicago, IL |
I had a very great experience today. Dr. Romano explained everything really well and showed me techniques that were spot on with the issue that I came in with. I definitely recommend him and his friendly staff to anyone in need of a great understanding and professional Orthopedic Doctor.
Franklin Park, IL |
Excellent Doctor. All my family are his patients. He is patient and knowledgeable . The best I have meet in many years, took my children too many different orthopedics doctors, no one was able to give us the service and the attention that Dr. Romano gave us. My children are very active in sports and Doctor Romano understood and help them. My great recommendation for him.
in Barrington, IL |
I'm really not sure what some of these negative reviews are about. I've nothing but a terrific experience with Dr. Romano and his talented staff. He's helped my sleep apnea, my overall health and chronic lower back problems all without surgery. Can't recommend him enough.
Mike, thanks so much for the nice words. We're glad we were able to help. Call us again if any other issues arise. All the best!
in Oak Park, IL |
Performed terrible ACL surgery on my son, which had to be corrected by a competent surgeon at U of Chicago hospitals. I wouldn't see this hack for hangnail.
Dear Duane, thank you for taking the time to write, and I'm very sorry your son had issues with ACL surgery. We don't have any records of you having visited our practice in the last year and a half since I have been on my own. Please feel free to contact our office anytime; we're interested in learning more about your son's problems. I also would like to assess his balance/strength to see if there is another source outside of his knee that is interfering with his recovery and help with rehab.
in Berwyn, IL |
He was very thorough, explained every thing he was doing. Gave me the choice of two treatment approaches to try before going with surgery. Took his time with me to explain why I was having problems .
Hi Rose, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, and I am very glad you were satisfied with the treatment options we discussed. Please let us know if we can help you in any way in the future. Thanks again.
in Chicago, IL |
Looks like he's double-dipping by getting patients to come back multiple times to treat different parts of the body on separate occasions - shoulders one visit, elbows another etc. Couldn't produce a policy for me. Didn't know the billing codes they would use for my visit. I never got to see the Dr as I didn't want that practice managing my health. No emphasis on the patient experience - just focused on pushing as many patients through each day so they can bill, bill, bill
Have you seen Dr. Victor Romano, MD?

Visit Dr. Romano