Dr. Victor Hsu, MD

Dr. Victor Hsu, MD

Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Victor Hsu, MD is an orthopedic spine reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Chalfont, PA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

1200 Manor Dr

Chalfont, PA 18914

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hsu

See how frequently Dr. Hsu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Fracture
Intervertebral Disc Disease
high

Dr. Hsu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hsu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hsu "Victor Hsu, M.D., graduated from University of Pennsylvania and worked in the financial industry for several years. He then felt like he wanted to do more to help society, enrolling and graduating from Temple University School of Medicine where he was selected into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He later completed both his general surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Hsu completed his specialized fellowship training in spinal surgery at the San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders in La Jolla, California. Dr. Hsu is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in all facets of spine disorders. His special interests in spine surgery include degenerative conditions, adult and pediatric deformity and complex reconstruction, minimally invasive surgery, and robotic spine surgery. He has published chapters in various textbooks, presented his research at several national meetings, and has participated in several FDA trials. He also serves as the official team physician for Germantown Academy. More importantly, Dr. Hsu is committed to treating his patients with the personal and expert care they deserve. He works with a team of other spine experts, including surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, rehabilitation specialists, and pain management physicians who bring their diverse breadth of knowledge to each individual patient, resulting in a personalized treatment plan. Dr. Hsu provides optimal care for his patients with spinal disorders that may affect the shape, alignment, or function of the spine, helping them to restore their spine health and to improve their quality of life."

• Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Hsu does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Bone Cancer
  • Bunion
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hammer Toe

• Neuroplasty
  • Posterior Lumbar Fusion With Robotic Assistance
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
  • Temple University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Hsu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hsu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hsu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hsu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hsu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hsu to family and friends
Dr. Hsu's Performance
in Willow Grove Pa |
Very easy. To talk with. Explains things in layman terms. Shows a lot of patience care Felt very comfortable with him. My surgery was successful and feeling better each day knows what he is doing. Would highly recommend him for spine issues
Warminster, PA |
Dr. Hsu is very bright friendly and gifted surgeon. He has taken care of two of my children as well as myself and he is always very patient and helpful
in Hatboro, PA |
For 3 months, I endured ever worsening sciatica pain which went from my hip down and around my ankle. "Treatments" were chiropractic sessions, physical therapy and pain management. Finally I was referred to DR Hsu who evaluated my condition and recommended surgery. I limped into surgery and WALKED OUT totally pain free. The day after surgery, I was able to give up all the pain pills in favor of Tyleneol. Dr Hsu restored my ability to function normally, pain free.
in Doylestown, PA |
Absolutely the best neck spine surgeon. I would be a quadraplegic if not for Dr. Hsu
in BensalemPA |
Dr. Hsu was amazing! I'm so happy my good friend recommended him to me. The second I saw him greet me in the waiting room before my appt. I knew he was the one to fix me. I've been in agony with spinal lumbar stenosis for almost the past month and when he saw my pain level he sched. me for surgery in 3 days. The day after my surgery he was in my room before 7am checking on me. If you need a fabulous spine Doctor Hsu should be your first and only choice.
in Ambler, pa |
I am so happy that I found Dr. Hsu. He is an excellent doctor. His staff is wonderful too! He really listened to me and gave me all of my options. He looks you straight in the eye and makes you feel important. When he says that he treats you like family, he really does. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. I was in so much pain that I couldn't sit. I was sitting the next day after surgery and my calf pain was gone. I wish that I had gotten the surgery sooner.
in Perkasie PA |
For most, the last ditch effort is surgery. I did everything to prevent the inevitable, especially when you think of the neck and the complexities and potential ramifications. My research and numerous recommendations led me to a few surgeons including Dr. Hsu. The moment I met him I knew he was my selected surgeon. My outcome and his support and expertise has exceeded my expectations. Dr Hsu ROCKS!!!!
Philadelphia, PA |
I love Dr. Hsu and all of his staff!
in Hatboro pa |
Excellent care explained what the surgery entailed and the recovery period
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Hsu was recommended to me by my pain management specialist. I read Dr. Hsu's website info, and decided to see him. I was able to quickly get an appointment in his clean and comfortable office. The staff is friendly and professional. I had an X-ray taken and saw Dr. Hsu within 15 minutes. We discussed my situation in an unhurried manor, then he suggested I go talk with family, then decide. I called to schedule; & the prep, surgery and followup went great. I can't say enough about Dr. Hsu !
in north wales, pa |
I had an ACDF done by Dr. Hsu, and was very comfortable with his skill.
in ambler, pa |
Dr. Hsu is a very concerned and caring Dr.. He has a great bedside manner and he always makes me laugh and smile. He listens to all your concerns with patience and understanding.. I highly recommend this Dr for anyone who is having trouble with their back. Thank you to all the people at Rothman!!! ??
in Blue Bell, PA |
Dr. Hsu and his associates in his office provide excellent care. The surgery he completed on my back is helping me return to all my activities. I highly recommend him.
in Souderton, Pa. |
Dr. Hsu operated on my back removing a cyst and did an excellent job. While I had tremendous pain and could hardly walk because of severe pain, once the operation was done, I was walking without the pain 3 hours after the surgery.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Hsu was straight forward and thoroughly explained my procedure. His follow up was impeccable.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Hsu is great! Just love him. From the beginning, he gave me two options for dealing with my scoliosis, and left them completely up to me. Once I made my decision to have the surgery, he was really good at answering all my (and my family's) questions about the procedure and recovery time. The surgery was a success. My scar looks great. He is very attentive and present at each follow up appointment. Couldn't imagine going through this process with anyone else!
in souderton, pa |
This was my first surgery and the written instruction given were very thorough explaining what I needed to do and not do before surgery, day of surgery, and the weeks following surgery.
in Furlong, PA |
One of the best doctors I've been to.
in Willow Grove, PA |
Dr. Hsu came highly recommended to me by a colleague and I understand why. He conducted a micro discectomy at L5-S1 on my spine. Prior to seeing Dr. Hsu, I thought that I may have been permanently incapacitated as I was so debilitated by the pain that I was suffering. I feel that Dr. Hsu has given me my life back. I was back to work within 6 weeks of the surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering with intractable back pain.
in Wyncote, PA |
Loved loved Dr. Hsu!! He was very detailed when explaining procedures/surgery and recovery. I actually went home a few hours after my surgery. Will absolutely recommend Dr Hsu to family and friends, he is awesome!!!!
in Lower Gwynedd, PA |
In June 2016, Dr. Hsu performed my spinal fusion. I had lower back pain which went down my right thigh and, although I tried less invasive options (PT, epidurals, etc.) over the 7+ months prior to surgery, those interim measures did not provide relief. I had to be pushed in a wheelchair to get around. I am now almost 4 weeks post-surgery and I am able to walk independently and without pain, using a walker. In several weeks, I will be allowed to start core strengthening exercises. Life is back!
in Glenside, PA |
Dr. Hsu was first recommend to me by a guy that was putting on my roof. He told me see no one else. After by back surgery by Dr. Hsu, I could not agree more. Dr. Hsu takes the time you need to answer all your questions. He is very knowledgeable and explains exactly what should be done. The follow up is great and his nurse is beyond amazing. I have recommended him to several people who are suffering from from back pain and disc issues. I tell them to see no one else!
in Plymouth Meeting, PA |
I love how he treated me like I was a family member .HE IS A GREAT DR !!!!!!~!
in glenside,pa |
He was awesome saw me everyday and was very attentive
Process and experience was easy and wonderful
in Point Pleasant, PA |
I waited a long time before seeking an orthopedic specialist for my back and leg pain. I am sorry that I did not seek out Dr. Hsu sooner. He performed a hemi-laminectomy to alleviate the pain from stenosis. Immediately following the surgery, the back and leg pain was gone. He embodies all of the qualities that one hopes for their physician: compassion, confidence, knowledge, humility and passion for what he does.
in Glenside, PA |
Dr. Hsu gave me options to try and control the pain in my legs before suggesting surgery. Unfortunately they did not work but the surgery was a success. It has been three months since the surgery and no pain. He was always helpful and informative explaining what he was going to do and the entire procedure.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had been told by 2 other doctors that the pain related to my L5/S1 disc herniations was just going to be part of my life and that I should learn to live with it. I was given injections and drugs for years that never helped. Fed up, I sought out Dr. Hsu. Looking at my old MRI he concurred that he could help me. After a new MRI I was immediately scheduled for a lumbar discectomy. The surgery was a success! The pain in my leg is gone and I went for my first jog in years! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
in Jenkintown, PA |
Dr. Hsu performed a lumbar laminectomy on me last September. The operation was very successful and the follow up excellent. I was in severe pain prior to the operation. The day after the operation i was offered pain relievers but didn't need them. I had severe spinal stenosis that impaired my ability to walk. It has been 6 months since the operation and i am making good progress toward regaining my ability to walk unaided. I can recommend Dr. Hsu without reservation.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Hsu performed a spinal fusion on my lower back in September 2015. I don't think I could have had a more positive experience than I had with Dr. Hsu. He is very caring and a really good surgeon. I have had an excellent result and would not hesitate to go to him in the future for other orthopedic services.
in willow grove,pa |
I love Dr Hsu! I can't say enough! He's personable, confident and patient! Awesome surgeon and physician! Very caring dr. Even when I wasn't my best(attitude wise) he worked with me and was very understanding ....and most people don't even realize I had surgery. ..you can even really see a scar.. and its only been 6 mths since the surgery date! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!!
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr Hsu is an excellent doctor. He repaired the broken bone in my back on January 6th 2016. I have felt great ever since. I would recommend Dr. Hsu to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Victor Hsu, MD?
Are you Dr. Hsu?

See our Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Hospitals where Dr. Hsu has admitting privileges