Dr. Victor Chen, MD

Dr. Victor Chen, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Victor Chen, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Canton, GA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

460 Northside Cherokee Blvd Ste 300

Canton, GA 30115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Chen

See how frequently Dr. Chen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Arthritis
Fibromyalgia

Dr. Chen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dry Eyes
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Familial Mediterranean Fever
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Ross University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Chen's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Canton, GA |
Dr. Chen and his staff are amazing! I have been seeing him for over two years with great results. He listens to what I have to say and then tries his best to treat the problem and not just the symptoms. He has even personally called me to make sure that I received my medication (he had NOTHING to gain $$ from the medication). I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a GREAT Rheumatologist that cares!
Woodstock, GA |
Doctor Chen is rude, dismissive, and acts like he's bored when you describe your symptoms. He bragged about his upcoming Yellowstone vacation and asked lots of questions about my husband but dismissed my health concerns and told me I was "just getting old" (I was 39). Never called with test results, and then mis-scheduled me twice.
Blue Ridge, GA |
I've been seeing Dr Chen for over six years. He has been positively interactive with me, both by appt and by phone. He will call me if he feels something isn't right about labs, etc. He IS busy! Have a list, he'll accommodate with the time. His staff is competent, friendly and personable. Normally, wait times aren't too bad....10-20 minutes.
Jasper, GA |
He deserves a negative star. He sees you as a number not someone he wants to help. It's about filling up his bank account. He makes you feel beneath him just because you are sick. I informed him about changing insurance and immediately brushed off. He prescribed me medicine he knew I was allergic. In addition told me stop taking the medication that is saving my life. If you want to have any quality of life select another Doctor. I am sorry for the poor review but people should know.
in w |
I'm amazed to see so many great reviews on this Dr. After waiting several weeks for an appointment, he didn't examine me, simply told me I didn't have Lupus because I was Caucasian (!) and proceeded to list other specialists he could refer me to see, specialties unrelated to diagnosing autoimmune disorders. He clearly was simply too busy to try to find out the origin of my life destroying health situation. I was extremely crushed at being brushed off and would NEVER recommend him to anyone.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr. Chen and his staff are friendly, professional and incredibly kind and helpful. Dr. Chen was instrumental in diagnosing a very rare condition and now treating it. My life has returned to normal. He is very attuned to my how I want to live my life and he made that happen. I can ride my horses again! WooHoo!! I should also note that I had seen doctors for over 10 years who said they could not find anything specifically wrong, although they could see something was amiss from my blood work.
in Woodstock, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Chen's for several years. He has always been very courteous and professional, while at the same time, very friendly. The course of treatment he has chosen for me is spot on. He asks questions to confirm that I stay on course with recommended physical activity, as well as the prescribed medication. His staff is great! My experience with Dr. Chen and his team has always been pleasant and helpful!
in Woodstock, GA |
I have Fibromyalsia. Dr Chen has been my physician for over 6 years. He has been very supportive and sympathetic. He always has a smile on his face and a willingness to listen to any and all concerns. He has taught me a lot about my disease and ways I can make it easier on myself. I find him to be an exceptional Rheumatologist. In addition I'd like to mention he has a caring and competent staff. I've never had to wait to be seated. You're #1 choice for a Rheumatologist should be Dr.Chen
in Ball Ground, GA |
Dr. Chen has done a great job at identifying and preventing the advance of rheumatoid arthritis over the last few years. He is understanding, responsive and a pleasure to work with to provide the best possible care.
in Marietta, Georgia |
Dr. Chen is very thorough and always fully explains his diagnosis. He is also very kind and pleasant. He came very highly recommended to me by a friend.
in Acworth, GA |
Moving to GA from IN and being a older person it was very scary to start over with new doctors. I became very sick and the Dr who was seeing me felt I needed to see a autoimmune specialist. She called Dr Chen and Dr Chen actually called me his self and told me to be at his office the next morning, I have NEVER HAD A DR DO THIS. I have been under his care since this time 3 yrs ago. He is so pleasant, greets me with a handshake & smile everytime. I see him @ 3 mos, doing great. Great caring Dr
in Canton, GA |
I will definitely continue seeing him. He’s an extremely knowledgeable, well informed and compassionate doctor…hard to find someone with those characteristics. The office staff is always polite, courteous and knowledgeable as well. I give him 5 stars only because I didn't have the option for 10 stars! I don’t think you will find a better rheumatologist in the area You may have to wait a little time for an appointment…but remember, he wouldn’t be this busy if he wasn’t doing something right!
in Blue Ridge, GA |
Dr. Chen is an excellent doctor and super friendly. Dr. Chen takes the time to answer all my questions and works well with insurance companies that aren't as concerned about the patients well being. He has repeatedly called my insurance company to make sure I have the correct medications. He also personally calls to check on me. I highly recommend Dr. Chen to all my friends.
in Woodstock, georgia |
He is wonderful!! Very kind and caring, he listens to your problem and does all he can to try to help getting you to feeling good. I will continue me care with him without a doubt. Also, has a great staff. I would give him 5 stars.
in Blue Ridge, GA. |
After driving for an hour, saw I'd be 10 minutes late for my appt due to traffic. I called 5 mins before my appt time and told them I would be there in 15 mins. They said sorry, he couldn't wait. I have waited at least ten minutes for him on 3 previous visits and he couldn't wait once for me? Not surprised as he spends all my appt time looking at his computer, prescribing the same treatment as always, not trying anything innovative. No help at all so will find new Dr. that will listen to me.
in Woodstock,ga |
He is fantastic....great diagnostician and healer...my mom and I are his patients and we adore him
in Roswell, GA |
called to make an appointment today for the rheumatologist i was given the earliest appointment in august and when they found out my insurance was Wellcare/Medicade i was told i could not have the august appointment but that i had to have a special time slot set in November I would not recommend this office because they Punish people for having Wellcare/Medicade for insurance.
in Jasper, GA |
I have had a good experience with Dr. Chen for about 5 years. His nurse Heather is wonderful!
Have you seen Dr. Victor Chen, MD?
Are you Dr. Chen?

Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Golden Rule
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance